Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 posts and we haven't even got to the release date yetimage
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    May 1
    6:00 PM eastern time

Thanks for the chance Tom
  • April 29th 2:36 PM

• 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey you have to put your guess at the other thread not this one thanks CLICK ME To Guess
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Repricing Gnome is drying out at Betty Ford, and will be ready to work Thursday morning.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Repricing Gnome is drying out at Betty Ford, and will be ready to work Thursday morning. >>

I think the gnome will need traquilizers soon.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I do. The Blackhawks Game Seven just went into overtime!
    We tied it up with a shorthanded goal with under two inutes to go!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Just added 4 alerts (2 email / 2 popup) to my google calander. image
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    In quiet anticipation of the approaching feeding frenzy, would the experts (from last time) please explain the difference between "F5" and "Ctrl F5" to force screen refresh.... I believe MsMorrisine had a good explaination.

thanks and may we all be successful at least once!

(l8-)>>

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In quiet anticipation of the approaching feeding frenzy, would the experts (from last time) please explain the difference between "F5" and "Ctrl F5" to force screen refresh.... I believe MsMorrisine had a good explaination. thanks and may we all be successful at least once! >>

F5 results in a page refresh from your cache.

CTRL - F5 results in a page refresh from the server. In other words, it forces a re-paint of the page with all new information.

Hope this helps...
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In quiet anticipation of the approaching feeding frenzy, would the experts (from last time) please explain the difference between "F5" and "Ctrl F5" to force screen refresh.... I believe MsMorrisine had a good explaination. thanks and may we all be successful at least once! >>

CTRL - F5 results in a page refresh from the server. In other words, it forces a re-paint of the page with all new information.

Hope this helps... >>

Help out a dummy here, which is the one to use tomorrow if the screen is frozen?? Thanks, The Village Idiotimage
    thanks mbogoman, that's what i needed

(l8-)>>

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hope this helps... >>

Help out a dummy here, which is the one to use tomorrow if the screen is frozen?? Thanks, The Village Idiotimage >>

I would like to add that if the screen only acts frozen. Let it sit. If the screen goes to an error or times out then press CTRL-F5.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be on the road and out of pocket for the next few days. My only hope is that they don't sell out by Saturday.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • I'm planning to remote connect to four servers at work and open a browser on each one. I hope my employer doesn't mind.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what the dealers get for holding all the graded MS69 from us and selling them to HSN for big $$$$ and we got all the scrap. image

Hoard the keys.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hope this helps... >>

Help out a dummy here, which is the one to use tomorrow if the screen is frozen?? Thanks, The Village Idiotimage >>

CTRL-F5
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>I'm going to be on the road and out of pocket for the next few days. My only hope is that they don't sell out by Saturday.image >>

Demon dialer fees are only 2.88 Pm Meimageimage

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question re the numismatic Unc. pucks...by sandblasting them, doesn't that essentially make them all an equal grade by obscuring any surface flaws?
    marks can occur post blasting

• nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Any consensus (for simplest item) to add to order so to get total order over $300 so will get free upgrade to expedited shipping?

- Aron
    I was just going to post this suggestion.

Some have found the 2011 unc. sets (U11) $31.95 to have exceptionally high quality coins this year.

279.95 + 31.95 = $311.90
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

2011 ATB unc set $21.95 image

N93 link

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Question re the numismatic Unc. pucks...by sandblasting them, doesn't that essentially make them all an equal grade by obscuring any surface flaws? >>

quoted from Nusimatic News:

"The numismatic coins will have the “P” mintmark with a finish applied through a vapor blasting technique. It’s the same finish used on 3-inch bronze medals.

The process is similar to sand blasting, but with a compressed wet vapor used instead of dry compressed air. The finish is applied after the coin is struck from the same die used for the bullion coin."

<<quoted from Nusimatic News: "The numismatic coins will have the “P” mintmark with a finish applied through a vapor blasting technique. It’s the same finish used on 3-inch bronze medals. >>

<<The process is similar to sand blasting, but with a compressed wet vapor used instead of dry compressed air. The finish is applied after the coin is struck from the same die used for the bullion coin.">>

Correct...so doesn't this obscure any polish lines, hairlines and minor scratches?

• PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i><<quoted from Nusimatic News: "The numismatic coins will have the “P” mintmark with a finish applied through a vapor blasting technique. It’s the same finish used on 3-inch bronze medals. >>

<<The process is similar to sand blasting, but with a compressed wet vapor used instead of dry compressed air. The finish is applied after the coin is struck from the same die used for the bullion coin.">>

Correct...so doesn't this obscure any polish lines, hairlines and minor scratches? >>

I wonder if we'll see the Washington cheek smooch again?

We can only hope someone screwed up and forgot to vapor-blast a few.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From ATS:

"Miles Franklin sent an email to past customers. I guess it's an email presale.
    You can try calling them at 877-375-1365.
    10 coin minimum (5 of each or 10 of 1)
    Price locked in at spot +$6.79. They have 200 of each and expect to ship after my check clears.

Only two coins available. The mint is not distributing the 5 coin set like they did 2010"

This is for the bullion version, 2011, Gettysburg and Glacier, no max, 10 minimum, sent in the orignal rolls, $36 shipping, check or wire.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i><<quoted from Nusimatic News: "The numismatic coins will have the “P” mintmark with a finish applied through a vapor blasting technique. It’s the same finish used on 3-inch bronze medals. >>

Correct...so doesn't this obscure any polish lines, hairlines and minor scratches? >>

potentially the finishes from coin to coin will be the same, and there definitely won't be any PL or DMPL, just well struck or not, and how dinged up post manufactured.

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I may be very tired but how can they be made from the same die as the bullion coins which had no "P" mintmark?
    Repricing gnome is awakening from a rough few days at Betty Ford....silver up 4% on the fed news. Coffee pot is on.

<< <i>I may be very tired but how can they be made from the same die as the bullion coins which had no "P" mintmark? >>

I think that is a good question.

It opens up a lot of questions.

The bullion dies were numerically machine cut instead of hubbed.

Are they saying they are using the same die manufacturing process, or reusing the old dies with a P cut into them?

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

There will be MS70's.

<<Are they saying they are using the same die manufacturing process, or reusing the old dies with a P cut into them?>>

From everything I've heard and read, it's as if the coins had a "P" added post strike...if that's even possible?

• << <i>Repricing gnome is awakening from a rough few days at Betty Ford....silver up 4% on the fed news. Coffee pot is on. >>

WTF....last time I checked (early) silver was DOWN .50...I say again DOWN .50......so I figured a nice correction and a developing base price..

NOW it's freakin' UP $2.44

The repricing gnomes ARE going to spring into action for the next issue for sure...

What exactly IS going on with this metal....can't it accept a base price.....whenever it drops a bit it it has a bungy cord snap back....

• << <i>I may be very tired but how can they be made from the same die as the bullion coins which had no "P" mintmark? >>

Maybe they'll stamp the 'P' onto the rim. I forget, do these have other stuff stamped on the rim?

• << <i>

<< <i>I may be very tired but how can they be made from the same die as the bullion coins which had no "P" mintmark? >>

Maybe they'll stamp the 'P' onto the rim. I forget, do these have other stuff stamped on the rim? >>

Yes
    WITH ALL THE DISTRACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

the first 2 2011 bullion 5 ozers are showing up for sale, the price is steep, just got mine from AMARK

2011 America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver- Set of 2
    The set consists of coins representing the following National Parks: Gettysburg National Military Park (PA), Glacier National Park (MT)

$629.99 Each set is encapsulated in holders by PCGS and is certified "First Strike Choice BU".

edited to credit Miles' posted first from ATS

(l8-)>>

<< <i>

<< <i>Repricing gnome is awakening from a rough few days at Betty Ford....silver up 4% on the fed news. Coffee pot is on. >>

WTF....last time I checked (early) silver was DOWN .50...I say again DOWN .50......so I figured a nice correction and a developing base price..

NOW it's freakin' UP $2.44

The repricing gnomes ARE going to spring into action for the next issue for sure...

What exactly IS going on with this metal....can't it accept a base price.....whenever it drops a bit it it has a bungy cord snap back.... >>

FOMC had a press conference and the market determined the Fed is going to keep the easy money flowing.

• According to Michael at MintNewsBlog, another unnamed dealer is offering $360 to proxy buyers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's get ready to ORDER.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
    A few of us will be stammering and sweating (like the Bernank, today) come 12pm EST.

Come On ATBeeeeeee Thursday!!!!!!

<< <i>guess the release date of P version click here Ok to get my mind off those old pucks, decided to have a giveaway for the closet guess to the date and time of the sellout of the p version hot springs on april 28 12 noon eastern. Please make all your guess on eastern time : } The prize is 2010-W $1 Eagle US PR69DC First strike woohoooooo Contest guesses will be accpeted Up till the start of the sale......good luck everyone image I forgot post 500 woohoo all guesses must be on the other thread it can be found under giveaways.......... >>

One more day to register!!!!!! Demon dialer is ready should be a fun test on the phone lines..good luck all Enjoyimage

Link to My Registry Set.

• I feel a FRENZY developing!!!! image

<< <i>I feel a FRENZY developing!!!! image >>

I am currently upgrading my caloric intake and intermittengly slamming my hand against a hard surface in preperation for the event.

I am also sleeping with a background tape recording of a busy signal and loading my computer up with overload scenarios.

Am I ready??

Miles

<< <i>WITH ALL THE DISTRACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

the first 2 2011 bullion 5 ozers are showing up for sale, the price is steep, just got mine from AMARK

2011 America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver- Set of 2
    The set consists of coins representing the following National Parks: Gettysburg National Military Park (PA), Glacier National Park (MT)

$629.99 Each set is encapsulated in holders by PCGS and is certified "First Strike Choice BU".

edited to credit Miles' posted first from ATS >>

they really INCREASED the mintages for these puppies
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>Any consensus (for simplest item) to add to order so to get total order over $300 so will get free upgrade to expedited shipping?

As slow as the Mint's server will be tomorrow are you really going to try to add a second item just to obtain free expedited shipping? You may just wind up on a waiting list or being shut out.

USAF vet 1951-59

<< <i>According to Michael at MintNewsBlog, another unnamed dealer is offering $360 to proxy buyers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's get ready to ORDER. >>

These will be $1000 coins. Why sell for $360?

<< <i>

<< <i>Any consensus (for simplest item) to add to order so to get total order over $300 so will get free upgrade to expedited shipping?

As slow as the Mint's server will be tomorrow are you really going to try to add a second item just to obtain free expedited shipping? You may just wind up on a waiting list or being shut out. >>

put it in the cart early.
  • dont forget to check your credit card tonight to ensure it is still ok if you have not ordered from the mint in a while. If your using the internet to order tomm you dont want to find out then your card expired. Also, any idea when the silver quarters and 2011 silver set will be repriced and availiable?

<< <i>
    put it in the cart early. >>

but only for PLATINUM or GOLD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file