Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what kind of mark-up the AP's will charge for their 2011 allocation, my guess.. $3.99 -$5.99 per oz above spot.
    BTW the Mint has always marked up their "so called collectors version" of silver bullion 35% - 40% and if silver continues to rise before 4/28, you may see another price adjustment.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I would not be surprised at all, as a matter of fact, I expect it.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still want to know why they are hiding the pictures.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>Still want to know why they are hiding the pictures. >>

Cause they're ugly.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    Bet they raise the price before release.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Questions

If you use the phone to order from the mint for the atb hot springs do you need to have an account already set up?
    Do they make you open one over the phone taking all your info etc?

Thanks
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Questions

If you use the phone to order from the mint for the atb hot springs do you need to have an account already set up?
    Do they make you open one over the phone taking all your info etc? >>

1. no.

2. I can't say for sure, but they take all info to complete the transaction. That would be the same info as opening an account.

I've bought before off the phone without using any "account number" or "account look up." Only steps they go through are to place the order.

Don't worry about time to place a phone order. These won't sell out that fast, and their system generally doesn't drag like the online system.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    does the US mint ship to a PO Box?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    call and ask
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

They will ship to a PO Box, no problem. However, if your order total exceeds $300 you will not receive the free
    upgrade to next day air. You need to have the order shipped to a street address for that to happen. I think the
    current price point for the P version is clever marketing. Many will add to their order in order to receive the free
    upgrade on shipping. Overnight beats 2 weeks every time. Especially for these. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    YES, that's why I have a PO Box.

Thank goodness shipping won't be "you must be home" Fedex on these, like the other pucks. That was killer for me.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>YES, that's why I have a PO Box.

Thank goodness shipping won't be "you must be home" Fedex on these, like the other pucks. That was killer for me. >>

That is why i asked. From my previous experience with Fedex or UPS i must be home all day and they will deliver anytime of the day they want and forbid that you must answer the call of nature and by the time you get out and check you see that little paper sticky on your door(attempted delivery and they don't even buzz your door)...that is just Frustrating. image That is why i too opened a PO Box. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

As a point of fact, A-Mark did (and does) ship to PO Boxes. They ship to the Paypal address, and if that is a PO Box then that's where they ship. At least they did for me.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>As a point of fact, A-Mark did (and does) ship to PO Boxes. They ship to the Paypal address, and if that is a PO Box then that's where they ship. At least they did for me. >>

AMark smartly made their boxes so they would slip into a medium flat rate Priority box. This is how mine came.

I'm looking forward to the numismatic strikes and no more dealing with Fedex/UPS. Hard to beat Priority flat-rate shipping to and from Alaska in terms of price and speed.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>They will ship to a PO Box, no problem. However, if your order total exceeds $300 you will not receive the free
    upgrade to next day air. You need to have the order shipped to a street address for that to happen. I think the
    current price point for the P version is clever marketing. Many will add to their order in order to receive the free
    upgrade on shipping. Overnight beats 2 weeks every time. Especially for these. image >>

If you do this, be sure to add the extra item(s) before the Hot Springs puck becomes available because you'll surely have great difficulty doing it after.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    still no picture from the Mint of this mysterious "sand blasted" finish

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Are these going to be one per HH? I'm assuming so but don't recall reading it on the release.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>Are these going to be one per HH? I'm assuming so but don't recall reading it on the release. >>

I have only read about it in the blogs. I haven't really read anything direct from the mint about the issue and the only mention on their website is the date of availability....

It all fits in perfectly with the mismanagement, mysteries and misfortunes of the bullion version.....one can guarantee that the site will crash at 1201pm on 4/28
  • Options
    God forbid they should tell us anything!!!!
    We are merely potential customers!!!

• Options
    I know they are waiting for the last possible second before committing to their $279 price but I don't think a listing with a description, picture and details is too much to ask for..just put the price as TBA....no big deal. It is, after all, only 10 days to P Day
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    There does seem to be a lot of mystery about these. However, I'd be surprised if the ordering rush lasts very long on the first one. That particular design stinks, for one thing. Also, after seeing these in hand, I have to say that they are nice, but not something that really fires me up about the whole concept. They don't resemble coins in any way, and that's a big problem for me as a collector. I will selectively buy this or that issue, but I think the quarters themselves are much more intriguing--especially since they are flying so low under the radar.

Just my two cents--and hardly worth that! image
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options

<< <i>There does seem to be a lot of mystery about these. However, I'd be surprised if the ordering rush lasts very long on the first one. That particular design stinks, for one thing. Also, after seeing these in hand, I have to say that they are nice, but not something that really fires me up about the whole concept. They don't resemble coins in any way, and that's a big problem for me as a collector. I will selectively buy this or that issue, but I think the quarters themselves are much more intriguing--especially since they are flying so low under the radar.

Just my two cents--and hardly worth that! image >>

I've been looking at the pucks so much that when I saw the quarters at the Santa Clara Coin Show, I couldn't believe how tiny they looked. They didn't look right to me. image
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    The small quarters are miniature versions of the pucks...made to look almost exactly like them. And...like the pucks...the quarters have a face value of .25 which makes them pretty cool. True, they aren't .999 silver and don't have the cool edge lettering, but they still have numismatic value and many people will find them interesting.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

I find it inconceivable that the Mint would not place a one per HH limit on these. Then again, there does seem to be a lot of inconceivable things going on with the bullion version, so who knows? That's all part of their allure. As far as designs go, Hot springs is not my favorite. But it is the first of the series, and we all know the value that collectors place on that sort of thing.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>I find it inconceivable that the Mint would not place a one per HH limit on these. Then again, there does seem to be a lot of inconceivable things going on with the bullion version, so who knows? That's all part of their allure. As far as designs go, Hot springs is not my favorite. But it is the first of the series, and we all know the value that collectors place on that sort of thing. >>

Michael over on MintNewsBlog confirmed there will be a one per household limit. He has credible sources.
  • Options

<< <i>I know they are waiting for the last possible second before committing to their $279 price but I don't think a listing with a description, picture and details is too much to ask for..just put the price as TBA....no big deal. It is, after all, only 10 days to P Day >>

I can't believe that are still stonewalling these. If you or I ran a private business like this we would get run out of town on a rail!!!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This next episode could indeed fall under jmski's theory of "if it really stinks, buy as much of it as possible!" The Mint is a never-ending source of snafus and collector frustration. Good thing the government isn't running health care!

They are? Oh, crap!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I know they are waiting for the last possible second before committing to their $279 price but I don't think a listing with a description, picture and details is too much to ask for..just put the price as TBA....no big deal. It is, after all, only 10 days to P Day >>

I can't believe that are still stonewalling these. If you or I ran a private business like this we would get run out of town on a rail!!! >>

image We would soon be out of business. Once again, the mint cannot even get simple things out front, like a picture of the coin, any household limits, a price for goodness sakes! It really upsets me that I will have to pay shipping five times for these coins plus the trouble of having to get connected to purchase the product, if I decide to overpay and buy this coin.
  • Options

<< <i> They don't resemble coins in any way, >>

in any way?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I can't believe that are still stonewalling these. If you or I ran a private business like this we would get run out of town on a rail!!! >>

image We would soon be out of business. Once again, the mint cannot even get simple things out front, like a picture of the coin, any household limits, a price for goodness sakes! It really upsets me that I will have to pay shipping five times for these coins plus the trouble of having to get connected to purchase the product, if I decide to overpay and buy this coin. >>

It's ridiculous! Jeez, I cannot believe we're this close to release and there is no picture of the vapor blasted coins. Where is our carrot?

Oh well, I will be feverishly hitting buttons on 4/28 regardless.
  • Options

<< <i>plus the trouble of having to get connected to purchase the product >>

You're blaming the mint for you choosing to circumvent household limits????
  • Options

<< <i>This next episode could indeed fall under jmski's theory of "if it really stinks, buy as much of it as possible!" The Mint is a never-ending source of snafus and collector frustration. Good thing the government isn't running health care!

They are? Oh, crap! >>

Good thing they are not running the air traffic controller system either!!!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that CW or NN hasn't been given the scoop with pics and process of the P-Pucks.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>plus the trouble of having to get connected to purchase the product >>

You're blaming the mint for you choosing to circumvent household limits???? >>

Did I say somewhere I was trying to buy more than one coin? Its news to me. image

I did say I was mad about paying shipping five times, but that was for one of each, perhaps that is where you assumed something.
  • Options
    I will be interesting to see if the Mint sticks with the $279 for the 1st P Puck now that silver is over $46/ounce....I bet that the price for the 5th P Puck will be north of $300...They will probably go up $10 each issue
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>I will be interesting to see if the Mint sticks with the $279 for the 1st P Puck now that silver is over $46/ounce....I bet that the price for the 5th P Puck will be north of $300...They will probably go up $10 each issue >>

You may be right...the silver sets have been "sold out" and have not been available since this recent runup....me thinks they are repricing those as they did the 2010's a short while back. Wouldnt surprise me if the first issue is changed to $289.95, with future issues perhaps going for 299.95
  • Options

I doubt if you are going to see any silver products until this thing quiets down with the possible exception of the "P" pucks in the $299 range.

The mint knows a silver cow when it sees one.
  • Options
  • Options

NICE!
  • Options
    Let's milk this thread for all it's worth.....

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got silver?
  • Options
    "Silver...the udder white metal!"

• Options
    can't beat that one Capn, you've got me creamed.
  • Options
    2010-P Hot Springs on 4/28: "This product is temporarily unavailable."
  • Options
    I sense some bored Puck people waiting for next Thursday.....
  • Options

<< <i>2010-P Hot Springs on 4/28: "This product is temporarily unavailable." >>

Re-pricing already?
  • Options

<< <i>

Re-pricing already? >>

I just checked my calendar and it is only 4/21....maybe that's why it's not available

Re-pricing??? Have you actually seen a price on the Mint website yet???

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Re-pricing already? >>

I just checked my calendar and it is only 4/21....maybe that's why it's not available

Re-pricing??? Have you actually seen a price on the Mint website yet??? >>

This was a joke, but hey, if silver makes a run, who knows?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Re-pricing already? >>

Re-pricing??? Have you actually seen a price on the Mint website yet??? >>

Haven't seen jack flap on the Mint website.
    That's part of the problem!
  • Options
    "Cheese it! The Modulator!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file