Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    One week to launch and still no pictures!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were fine-tuning the vapor-blasting machine and ..........................................
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's keep this thread on Page One until P-Day!!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's keep this thread on Page One until P-Day!!!!!! >>

Ok.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I'll buy the 1st one to see what it looks like seeing as how the mint doesn't want to show us.

I am not going to collect these anyway.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a sucker.

I'll be buying.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picture is up and cost..........image A limit of one (1) coin per household is in effect for the first week of this product’s release. At the end of this period, the United States Mint will re-evaluate this limit and either extend, adjust or remove it.These striking numismatic collectibles are produced with a brilliant uncirculated finish and display a "P" mint mark for the United States Mint at Philadelphia, where they are struck. Your coin is encapsulated and will include an attractive presentation case accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity. Remember, these coins are produced in limited quantities and demand will be great.
    NEW PUCKS ARE IN
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Where are you seeing this, 1Tommy? Link isn't working and I can't find it on the website.

EDIT: I think I found it....LINK
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Here ya go:

Linky

Joe
  • Options
    Too bad there is not a better pic!

Thanks for the heads up 1tommy!

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I will be there.

Shooting for 3 if I am lucky. image

Joe
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    ...and demand will be great.

Interesting comment in the Mint description. How do they know?image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    The empty capsules will go for big money if they fit better than the air-tites. image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    With silver moving the way it has and the size of these, they may have to create a silver pricing grid along with the gold
  • Options

<< <i>Too bad there is not a better pic!

image >>

Not that I am a cynic or anything, but I question whether that is a real picture of a real vapor blasted coin.

Lousy image of the piece, and where is the obverse, with the tell-tale "P" mint mark?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Is PCGS set up with a grading submission designation for 2010 HS P-puck? Anyone know? I can't look, no membership.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Too bad there is not a better pic!

image >>

Not that I am a cynic or anything, but I question whether that is a real picture of a real vapor blasted coin.

Lousy image of the piece, and where is the obverse, with the tell-tale "P" mint mark? >>

I question that too.....a big WTF US Mint....we're going to be blowing a few hundred on these. Pony up the pics.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    The pic is like the equivalent of someone in Ebay trying to show the littles't pic that he could find of his coin. If they can show us big pics of the first ATB pucks why not these image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I am finding this fun to watch-rock on you puck supporters!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Does anyone know if last year's production problems limited the number of numismatic (P) coins they produced for 2010?

Is there reason to believe that more than 27K of these will be produced in future years, like with the bullion coins?
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our first contestant from the simpsons. In The Pre-Sell the Mint Numusmatic Pucks Should be fun to see if anyone bites...............................imageFirst presale
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Is PCGS set up with a grading submission designation for 2010 HS P-puck? Anyone know? I can't look, no membership. >>

Are these all gonna be FS eligible like the bullion? ...Just to mix it upimage These boxes look rather generic? Coulda put Hot Springs on it....
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know if last year's production problems limited the number of numismatic (P) coins they produced for 2010?

Is there reason to believe that more than 27K of these will be produced in future years, like with the bullion coins? >>

last year's problems influenced the mint to make a collector's version because they figured there would be problems with people getting the bullion ones.

so they decided to make a numispuck.

if demand is strong for these and they continue to sell out quickly, they may up the mintage.

but look at the first spouse coins, they sould 40,000 total proof and unc. for the first three issues. Since, sales have fallen to as low as less than 10,000 total.

They generally make a bit more than what demand is and melt those that don't sell. (barring a short strike.)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Now that it is official .....Paladin won the "Guess the price of the P Puck" contest....only $4.75 off

"I'm surprised at how low the guesses are. I'll go with APMEX's initial price: $1395.00"

PM me your address and a nice W ASE will be on its way to you
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Paladin! and image to Boucharda. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    but look at the first spouse coins, they sould 40,000 total proof and unc. for the first three issues. Since, sales have fallen to as low as less than 10,000 total.

Yeah, MsM - I agree. And what really might make things interesting is when silver is done spiking, the coins get pulled for months, the Mint gets gunshy on pricing, and mintages become hard to determine. This whole fiasco could be just beginning.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>but look at the first spouse coins, they sould 40,000 total proof and unc. for the first three issues. Since, sales have fallen to as low as less than 10,000 total.

Yeah, MsM - I agree. And what really might make things interesting is when silver is done spiking, the coins get pulled for months, the Mint gets gunshy on pricing, and mintages become hard to determine. This whole fiasco could be just beginning.image >>

I look at it as an evolving fiasco....constantly with new head scratching developments...

"Don't change that channel" most definitely applies

But, at least, a "fiasco" is still a step up from the puck fuster cluck of a while back
  • Options
    Will the NHL be certifying these?????

• Options
    Will the NHL be certifying these?????image

Only the ones colorized by the National Collectors Mint.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    How 'bout them Blackhawks, eh?

They really ate them 'nucks back bacon, eh???

• Options
    us mint catalog page added to OP

read yours today!

• Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Now that it is official .....Paladin won the "Guess the price of the P Puck" contest....only $4.75 off

"I'm surprised at how low the guesses are. I'll go with APMEX's initial price: $1395.00"

PM me your address and a nice W ASE will be on its way to you >>

Thanks Boucharda. I really appreciate this. And thanks to everyone here for helping me along the way of this strange journey. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    The Mint's webpage listing calls them "brilliant uncirculated."

Can a coin be both "vapor blasted" and "brilliant?

I do not understand.

TD
  • Options

<< <i>The Mint's webpage listing calls them "brilliant uncirculated."

I do not understand.

TD >>

Brilliant means untoned if I am correct so, yes it could be.
  • Options

<< <i>so they decided to make a numispuck. >>

I love the term "numispuck" that MsM came up with. Does that mean the bullion version should be called the "bullpuck"?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

I do not understand.

TD >>

Brilliant means untoned if I am correct so, yes it could be. >>

Were matte proof Lincolns brilliant when they were new?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I do not understand.

TD >>

Brilliant means untoned if I am correct so, yes it could be. >>

Were matte proof Lincolns brilliant when they were new? >>

Anyone?

Class?

Bueller?

• Options
    not a question for the people on this thread....

• Options
    The "shop online" page of the mint website is currently unavailable...they must be updating the puck price.
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been posted yet:

Edit: it has. image

<< <i>The "shop online" page of the mint website is currently unavailable...they must be updating the puck price. >>

• Options
    Back up....same price....Mint was just exorcising puck demons from the system.
  • Options
    Five days to the five ouncers.....
  • Options

<< <i>Back up....same price....Mint was just exorcising puck demons from the system. >>

Like THAT's gonna work!!! image
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Hot springs coin is up on the mint site...sort of

Not a very good pic
    Hot Springs Numispuck
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Hot springs coin is up on the mint site...sort of

Not a very good pic
    Hot Springs Numispuck >>

It's almost like they are trying to discourage us from calling.......
  • Options
    Maybe the Mint has a standing offer from one of the telefarkelers to take all the pieces they don't sell on the first day at $350 each!!!!!!

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Am I correct in reading that the Numispucks will have a lower mintage than the bullion?
  • Options
    Am I correct in reading that the Numispucks will have a lower mintage than the bullion?

Sean, yes - that is correct. 33,000 ea. for the 2010 bullion; 27,000 ea. for the 2010-P numispucks. All 2011 issues will no doubt be minted with higher totals.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be interesting to see how this one plays out.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Five days to the five ouncers..... >>

Be there or be square. I just happened to have the day off work. Doing this for the next four may be tougher.

How long do you all predict for a sell-out??

It will also be interesting to see what they sell for on Ebay right after sell-out.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file