Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    The repricing of silver is a broken function, once pulled, the new price must be published in the federal register, and that can take several weeks. When the new price is finally applied it can be obsolete by weeks in this time of silver price volatility.

(l8-)>>

• 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>According to Michael at MintNewsBlog, another unnamed dealer is offering $360 to proxy buyers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's get ready to ORDER. >>

Elite Numismatics Inc.

• << <i>Any consensus (for simplest item) to add to order so to get total order over $300 so will get free upgrade to expedited shipping?

- Aron >>

I'm thinking of maybe adding a 2011 proof 1/10 GAE.
    It sells for $200.50, which is a $23 premium (13%) over what the 1/10 bullion version goes for, or a $46 premium (30%) over spot.

The thing is it's actually something I want (small fractional bullion anyway), and these frequently go up in value (beyond your initial premium).
    An uncirculated mint set would be wasted on me, so it's like $32 down the drain.

Everyone remember to figure out your US Mint username and password tonight!
    >>Edit: Timber beat me to it with better advice: check your profile and credit card data.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you go for a silver commem, buy the proof over unc. because they generally hold their value better.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Just checked with the Mint by phone. Any purchase over $300, whether including Au or Pt or not, gets upgraded to expedited shipping.
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>

<< <i>
    put it in the cart early. >>

but only for PLATINUM or GOLD >>

This won't work as you will be timed out before you can purchase the item you really want. Been there, done that.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>According to Michael at MintNewsBlog, another unnamed dealer is offering $360 to proxy buyers.

These will be $1000 coins. Why sell for $360? >>

Non, now......take two aspirin and lie down for a while..........
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    The United States Mint will begin accepting orders for the 2010 America the Beautiful Five-Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin–Hot Springs National Park at 12 Noon (Eastern Time) on Thursday, April 28. Because of the anticipated demand for the coins, we expect that our online ordering management system will be much slower than usual. As we have previously indicated to our customers, our online ordering management system is in need of upgrade. Fixing the system is a priority. Unfortunately, we do not anticipate an upgraded system being in place until approximately mid-2012. In the meantime, we apologize to our customers for any inconvenience and ask them to be patient during this time.

........Much slower than usual.....image

Edit: Mint Link
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to wake up and get going, coffees brewing demon dialer is hooked up and ready. Good luck to everyone and should be fun reading all the posts on here later today........woohooo its P puckday Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    T minus 2hrs 45 min...image
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    ...and it's eerily silent this morning....
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    how come people are talking about having their dialers ready to go when you can just order them online and skip all that bs... you obviously have an internet connection
  • I swear my Kitchen counter could rival Mission Control at NASA! I'm seriously considering waiting till this afternoon to avoid all the stagnation. Does anyone really think that these will sell out by the end of today?
    because the internet often FAILS miserably
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Really, really stupid question: I'm on the Mint page for this and don't see anything where you can click to add to your cart. Will this page update at noon today with an ordering button? I can't find this item anywhere else on the Mint site except for this page.

Someone suggested adding to the cart ahead of time. I know that will time out, but how can you even do that right now?

Cheers!
    Bob

GLTA puck orderers
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

<< <i>

<< <i>guess the release date of P version click here Ok to get my mind off those old pucks, decided to have a giveaway for the closet guess to the date and time of the sellout of the p version hot springs on april 28 12 noon eastern. Please make all your guess on eastern time : } The prize is 2010-W $1 Eagle US PR69DC First strike woohoooooo Contest guesses will be accpeted Up till the start of the sale......good luck everyone image I forgot post 500 woohoo all guesses must be on the other thread it can be found under giveaways.......... >>

2 hrs left to guess .................no entries after 12 noon woohoooooo good luck oh and If anyone finds out they sold out please post here just in case I miss it thanks.........

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Order button shows up at 12 Noon.

Loves me some shiny!
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Really, really stupid question: I'm on the Mint page for this and don't see anything where you can click to add to your cart. Will this page update at noon today with an ordering button? I can't find this item anywhere else on the Mint site except for this page.

Someone suggested adding to the cart ahead of time. I know that will time out, but how can you even do that right now?

Cheers!
    Bob

GLTA puck orderers >>

It will change at high noon so you can add to the cart....

• << <i>Really, really stupid question: I'm on the Mint page for this and don't see anything where you can click to add to your cart. Will this page update at noon today with an ordering button? I can't find this item anywhere else on the Mint site except for this page.

Cheers!
    Bob

GLTA puck orderers >>

It will add a add to cart button at 12 est. You cannot add to cart ahead of time. You might have to hit the refresh button for it to appear at 12. Expect it to freeze up, but if you let your computer just think for about 10 minutes through each step, it will work out. Good luck.

<< <i>Really, really stupid question: I'm on the Mint page for this and don't see anything where you can click to add to your cart. Will this page update at noon today with an ordering button? I can't find this item anywhere else on the Mint site except for this page.

Cheers!
    Bob

GLTA puck orderers >>

Hey, I think they were talking about adding something else to the cart ahead of time so that it would push the complete order total over $300 for free expedited shipping...Thus, approx 11;55 throw an unc mint set in the cart then once the HS goes on sale add that then check out...It would be nutz trying to add it during the freeze but others have said that this won't work...
  • Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the gnomes are still sleeping. If they wake and see what silver did yesterday and today they will spring into action

imageimageimageimage
    you should also enable "quick checkout". Then, in the order process, make sure you press the right button. Seems like I always accidently press "continue shopping"
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the gnomes are still sleeping. If they wake and see what silver did yesterday and today they will spring into action

imageimageimageimage >>

THREE DOLLARS? Silver is up three dollars?? What is going on? A-Mark is looking better & better! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Does anyone know what the USMint's strategy is by selling these individually and not just as a set. Are they just going after USMint.com exposure by having everyone go through this 5 times or are they just hoping for highter silver prices later?
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, fellow puckers, for the noon-cart info.

I assume this "collectors edition" is of higher quality (no scratches, etc.), but are these from the same dies that were overly polished?

OT: just got the APMEX advance order for the first 2011 ATB puck set. Will check out Ms Morrisone's other thread on this. APMEX wants $571 (check) $588 cc.
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks, fellow puckers, for the noon-cart info.

I assume this "collectors edition" is of higher quality (no scratches, etc.), but are these from the same dies that were overly polished?

OT: just got the APMEX advance order for the first 2011 ATB puck set. Will check out Ms Morrisone's other thread on this. APMEX wants $571 (check) $588 cc. >>

wonder if they made 60,000 from the same dies and the first 33,000 went to the bullion program and then the last 27,000 looked like crap and they just said, "lets sand blast them and sell as collector verisons"

The United States Mint will institute a "waiting list" for orders beyond the maximum mintage. We may, however, be unable to post notification of a waiting list status in a timely manner so that the customer knows of this status prior to placing the order. A waiting list means that orders have been accepted for the maximum mintage, but if a product becomes available because of an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. The United States Mint will be unable to provide information about a customer’s position on the waiting list.

When an order is placed on a waiting list, you will receive an order receipt, but it is not a guarantee that you will receive your order. If we are unable to fulfill your order, you will receive a cancellation or sold-out notification within one to two weeks. If you paid by check, you will receive a refund.

Ok Folks For My contest The First report of sellout, which after reading this at the mints site will be kinda hard to figure will see, didn't know they were going to have a waiting list? image

Link to My Registry Set.

• CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know what the USMint's strategy is by selling these individually and not just as a set. Are they just going after USMint.com exposure by having everyone go through this 5 times or are they just hoping for highter silver prices later? >>

I doubt the price of silver has anything to do with it. They probably purchase the silver shortly before they sell the coins. I think it is just production limitations.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I will not deal with Apmex.

I just ordered one from Amark.

Does this not come PCGS graded. as choice BU?
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Moderncoin mart
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

<< <i>I will not deal with Apmex.

I just ordered one from Amark.

Does this not come PCGS graded. as choice BU? >>

Yep and hopefully with the first strike again thats the reason I went with them. Buddy ordered from ampex using the mobile and avoids shipping charges and we wanted to see who gets theirs first..image

Link to My Registry Set.

The shipping charges are only $19.95 and who wants to deal with Apmex after what they pulled.

I like 1st strike PCGS bu graded coins. I don't have to worry about getting them numerically graded right away.

<< <i>The United States Mint will institute a "waiting list" for orders beyond the maximum mintage. We may, however, be unable to post notification of a waiting list status in a timely manner so that the customer knows of this status prior to placing the order. A waiting list means that orders have been accepted for the maximum mintage, but if a product becomes available because of an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. The United States Mint will be unable to provide information about a customer’s position on the waiting list.

When an order is placed on a waiting list, you will receive an order receipt, but it is not a guarantee that you will receive your order. If we are unable to fulfill your order, you will receive a cancellation or sold-out notification within one to two weeks. If you paid by check, you will receive a refund.

Ok Folks For My contest The First report of sellout, which after reading this at the mints site will be kinda hard to figure will see, didn't know they were going to have a waiting list? image >>

There's always a waiting list, we'll see in red that the number of orders exceeds the available quantity etc...It's indicative of the sellout...
  • CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    hey how long did it take for the 95W ASE to be worth $5k? and how much did it sell for when it was released?

just curious

• << <i>Does anyone know what the USMint's strategy is by selling these individually and not just as a set. Are they just going after USMint.com exposure by having everyone go through this 5 times or are they just hoping for highter silver prices later? >>

I think that is exactly the reason...not so much the exposure but trying to milk as much cash out of this issue . Silver goes up (duh!) ..reprice higher...Silver goes down...keep the price where it is..win/win
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just checked with the Mint by phone. Any purchase over $300, whether including Au or Pt or not, gets upgraded to expedited shipping. >>

Thanks..image.

i was looking at their site and read their FAQ's, i'll try to add something, or maybe not.

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone know what the USMint's strategy is by selling these individually and not just as a set. Are they just going after USMint.com exposure by having everyone go through this 5 times or are they just hoping for highter silver prices later? >>

I think that is exactly the reason...not so much the exposure but trying to milk as much cash out of this issue . Silver goes up (duh!) ..reprice higher...Silver goes down...keep the price where it is..win/win >>

Yes but there is always more silver to sell at the Mint. Why not sell as much as you could today if there were not other limitations. They got some catching up to do anyway.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hey how long did it take for the 95W ASE to be worth $5k? and how much did it sell for when it was released?

just curious >>

the 95W Proof was sold only with a set that included gold that year not individualy which limited the production tremendously. i do not know the mintage or set pricing.

<< <i>

<< <i>hey how long did it take for the 95W ASE to be worth $5k? and how much did it sell for when it was released?

just curious >>

the 95W Proof was sold only with a set that included gold that year not individualy which limited the production tremendously. i do not know the mintage or set pricing. >>

I believe the set with the gold was $999 and a mintage of about 30K. Wished I was collecting back then.

• << <i>

Moderncoin mart >>

Nope, MCM was the first dealer and their offer was less than $360. Someone responded the other dealer is Elite Numismatics.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • I'm logged in, and on the puck page through the coming soon link. Let the party begin.
  • So no one has an issue with getting "BU" slabs with the 2011's...I just think it means they had the better ones numerically graded and the others just got the "BU"

Why else bother spending the time/cash to get them in slabs....a simple AirTite would be fine....Everyone whined at JH when they pulled that...
    Hey guys don't forget, during check out there that stupid HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THIS ITEM THING and if you don't click something it'll kick you back....image

• << <i>Hey guys don't forget, during check out there that stupid HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THIS ITEM THING and if you don't click something it'll kick you back....image >>

Been there, done that (many times!!) Major duh moment
  • I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing during lunch today..... image

<< <i>So no one has an issue with getting "BU" slabs with the 2011's...I just think it means they had the better ones numerically graded and the others just got the "BU"

Why else bother spending the time/cash to get them in slabs....a simple AirTite would be fine....Everyone whined at JH when they pulled that... >>

What A mark does is just send them all off to PCGS unopened boxes and has PCGS open and grade hem as 1st strike BU. Hunt was having

them numerically graded and keeping the good ones.
  • I"m happy my work lets us have internet. haha. I've been doing all my buying/selling and ebaying from work. rofl.
    T Minus 11 mintues...Good luck guys...image

• << <i>So no one has an issue with getting "BU" slabs with the 2011's...I just think it means they had the better ones numerically graded and the others just got the "BU"

Why else bother spending the time/cash to get them in slabs....a simple AirTite would be fine....Everyone whined at JH when they pulled that... >>

I think it has to do with the quality of the 2010's that came out to everyone in the same format. JH sent out numerically graded coins with no 69dmpls in the bunch. Very different in my book
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it just me or are the mint servers running extra fast right now?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file