Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Admit it. Even if Earth was being invaded by aliens on the day these go on sale, you'd all be sitting in front of your computer trying to add these to your shopping cart. >>

Yes I will, but I still predict a "no one day sell out" of these. It'll take a few days is my guess.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Admit it. Even if Earth was being invaded by aliens on the day these go on sale, you'd all be sitting in front of your computer trying to add these to your shopping cart. >>

Yes I will, but I still predict a "no one day sell out" of these. It'll take a few days is my guess. >>

Probably 'cuz it will take that long to get to the checkout page...image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not if they were the Bud light female aliens image >>

Are those rubber suits supposed to keep the girls fresh, or what?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Let's stir the pot. Does anybody think it worrisome that the Mint has not yet released a PICTURE of the sandblast finish?

How good/bad/ugly will these look????

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's stir the pot. Does anybody think it worrisome that the Mint has not yet released a PICTURE of the sandblast finish?

TD >>

Well without a picture there will be no presales but as soon as the mint shows us a picture of these I can guarentee the presales will begin woohooooimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's stir the pot. Does anybody think it worrisome that the Mint has not yet released a PICTURE of the sandblast finish?

TD[/q

They could not look that great or they would br showing us.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not if they were the Bud light female aliens image >>

Are those rubber suits supposed to keep the girls fresh, or what?

image >>

I would imagine it makes them a little "sticky"-----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    A set of five now melts at about $880.
    What will the Mint price be?????

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A set of five now melts at about $880.
    What will the Mint price be?????

image >>

$1199 is my guess
  • Options

That would p--- the APs off if the mint sells them at that much after causing a stink when they wanted to sell them and the mint giving them a

hard time. These coins were made last year at low prices. The 2011's are going to be the one's that are going for moon money in my

estimation.
  • Options
    jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    I just want one - the grand canyon - hopefully I dont have to pay thru the nose just to get one example.... image
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • Options

<< <i>That would p--- the APs off if the mint sells them at that much after causing a stink when they wanted to sell them and the mint giving them a

hard time. These coins were made last year at low prices. The 2011's are going to be the one's that are going for moon money in my

estimation. >>

LOL!
    You right there!!!
    TD
  • Options

TD >>

I am thinking the 2010P sandblasted will not be as pretty as the bullion versions (if anyone considers these pretty) and after the dust settles, the 2010 bullion MS69 DMPL will be more popular than the sandblasted ones. Everyone likes shiny things image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking the DMPLs and PLs will look better than these sandblasted version, too.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm thinking the DMPLs and PLs will look better than these sandblasted version, too. >>

I've been thinking that way all along...I'll probably get one of the mint "blasted" sets anyway, just because it will be the low mintage year of these, but my money is on the bullion versions...
  • Options
    There waiting on the 2010 bullion to sell out first, but cant get the AP`S to sell.
  • Options

<< <i>Me thinks these will sell the week of 3 March...nothing scheduled between the 3rd and the 17th...looks like a good time to sell them >>

This theory is not looking good, but didn't they say they would sell them in the first quarter? That ends in 24 days.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Me thinks these will sell the week of 3 March...nothing scheduled between the 3rd and the 17th...looks like a good time to sell them >>

This theory is not looking good, but didn't they say they would sell them in the first quarter? That ends in 24 days. >>

Yes they did. I even have it in writing on Department of The Treasury, United States Mint, letter head and signed by Division Chief, Brand Management, Diane Teigiser. In the letter it states:

"You may also be pleased to know that a numismatic version of the three-inch, five-ounce silver coins, also minted in .999 silver, will be available for purchase directly from the United States Mint during the first quarter of 2011. The maximum mintage for these collector versions is 27,000 units for each of the five 2010 coins. Additional information about the release date and pricing for these coins will be available at a future date. Please check www.usmint.gov regularly for updates."
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm thinking the DMPLs and PLs will look better than these sandblasted version, too. >>

I disagree. I bet they will look like the Silver Eagle Reverse Proofs. The devices will probably look prooflike with the fields appearing sandblasted. Just my 2c. Really looking forward to them!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I even have it in writing on Department of The Treasury, United States Mint, letter head and signed by Division Chief, Brand Management, Diane Teigiser. In the letter it states:

"You may also be pleased to know that a numismatic version of the three-inch, five-ounce silver coins, also minted in .999 silver, will be available for purchase directly from the United States Mint during the first quarter of 2011. The maximum mintage for these collector versions is 27,000 units for each of the five 2010 coins. Additional information about the release date and pricing for these coins will be available at a future date. Please check www.usmint.gov regularly for updates."

Dear Diane, I have been regularly checking the Mint's website about every 25 minutes. What did you mean by "regularly"?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    we wQn't see a pic until it's "ready" and fQlks dQn't hQld yQur breath.

i agree the PL and DMPL's are gorgeous.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

An "informed source" at The Mint told me these would not be available before May.
    Now whether we will be able to order them before that & have them go on instant
    BO like the recent commems, they couldn't say. At any rate, it appears likely we've
    got another 2 more months of waiting for these. Good luck with CnT today image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    At this point, I'm inclined to believe that. If these were really going on sale by the end of the first quarter, I'd have thought those TBDs would have disappeared by now.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The Mint is probably waiting for their packaging.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    How about a lottery picking 27,000 of the "longest term" active USM customers image

Been on the list since 1976.
  • Options
    <drum roll>
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><drum roll> >>

Okay, spill it. image
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302
    They will be released on April 1, and when you finally get them into your shopping cart and you're finally on the last checkout page after sweating for a couple hours, you'll get an April Fool's message. image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about a lottery picking 27,000 of the "longest term" active USM customers image

Been on the list since 1976. >>

I like it!

"Serving the Mint since 1972" image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i><drum roll> >>

Okay, spill it. image >>

Watch the "COMING SOON" page.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So cryptic, are we?

Cap - you referring to "upcoming products"?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a lottery picking 27,000 of the "longest term" active USM customersimage

Bought my first Proof Set in 1963, and my first Mint Set in 1964. Remember how long you had to wait before getting a little acknowledgement postcard in the mail? Maybe 2 months? And then, another 2 or 3 months before you got your order?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How about a lottery picking 27,000 of the "longest term" active USM customers >>

Bought my first proof set in 1969. What a long wait for delivery! And $5 was a lot of money for a 12 year old back then...
  • Options
    I just find it weird that the Mint is announcing the 2011 pucks before they can even get last years P Pucks out the door (or even announce a date to get them out the door)...

JUST DO IT FOR PETE'S SAKE......It's simple....."US Mint will take orders for the 2010 Collector's version on (fill in the date).

.........................................................................on (date TBA) take the orders (a few before the site crashes anyway)

.........................................................................put everything on back order as usual

.........................................................................ship when convenient or whenever anyone has a chance to get to it

.........................................................................repeat again for the 2011 P Pucks in a few months

So what if the "packaging" isn't complete yet...they're not going to be shipped right away anyway.....

JUST DO IT!
  • Options

<< <i>How about a lottery picking 27,000 of the "longest term" active USM customersimage

Bought my first Proof Set in 1963, and my first Mint Set in 1964. Remember how long you had to wait before getting a little acknowledgement postcard in the mail? Maybe 2 months? And then, another 2 or 3 months before you got your order? >>

I bought 17 1968 Proof sets at $5 each because I couldn't scrape up the $100 to buy the limit of 20 sets. As I recall, they shipped in early 1969.
    TD
  • Options

<< <i>I just find it weird that the Mint is announcing the 2011 pucks before they can even get last years P Pucks out the door (or even announce a date to get them out the door)...

JUST DO IT FOR PETE'S SAKE......It's simple....."US Mint will take orders for the 2010 Collector's version on (fill in the date).

.........................................................................on (date TBA) take the orders (a few before the site crashes anyway)

.........................................................................put everything on back order as usual

.........................................................................ship when convenient or whenever anyone has a chance to get to it

.........................................................................repeat again for the 2011 P Pucks in a few months

So what if the "packaging" isn't complete yet...they're not going to be shipped right away anyway.....

JUST DO IT! >>

Do you ever get the feeling that they look at us as "THE ENEMY!"?????
  • Options
    How about a lottery picking 27,000 of the "longest term" active USM customers

with 27,000 available how do you figure that's a lottery?
  • Options

<< <i>Do you ever get the feeling that they look at us as "THE ENEMY!"???? >>

...and they might give us the" privilege" to buy their coins
  • Options

<< <i>So cryptic, are we?

Cap - you referring to "upcoming products"? >>

No, there is a "COMING SOON" page, but the announcement I expected did not come today.
    Never mind.
  • Options
    Coin World Online is now reporting "late April or early May" for the P-Mint clusterpucks.
  • Options
    Melt on a 5-coin set is now over $950.

I guess we should congratulate the Mint for their wisdom in waiting for silver to go up before they sold them.

TD
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    And Im starting to wonder what the pricing structure will be now. Anybody care to take a guess how much the coins will be on a per ounce basis?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>$249.00 Per coin. >>

I was going to say 30% over melt, but did the math and at $38 silver that comes out to $247, so I agree with you.
    TD
  • Options

It could be $299 each the way silver is going up!
  • Options
    Egad....I went to check the contest guesses for my "Guess the price of the P-Puck" and the links are all gone! There are only 3 links to giveaways on the page. Can anyone help me find this contest and the "Date of sale" contest giveaway?????
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Egad....I went to check the contest guesses for my "Guess the price of the P-Puck" and the links are all gone! There are only 3 links to giveaways on the page. Can anyone help me find this contest and the "Date of sale" contest giveaway????? >>

Ta-Da!

Good Lord, what a horrible search engine this forum has.

Anyway, here ya go -

price

date
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Egad....I went to check the contest guesses for my "Guess the price of the P-Puck" and the links are all gone! There are only 3 links to giveaways on the page. Can anyone help me find this contest and the "Date of sale" contest giveaway????? >>

Ta-Da!

Good Lord, what a horrible search engine this forum has.

Anyway, here ya go -

price

date >>

Dude! Thanks....I never thought I could search for something that was not listed on that forum.....

Back in business (and bookmarked!) image
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Shucks, saw the movement on this thread and thought the Mint might have actually set a date.....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shucks, saw the movement on this thread and thought the Mint might have actually set a date..... >>

but, but they have...last week in April or first week in May...pick your choice. image my guess in price..35-40% above spot.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file