Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

They should just put them on there as a set and get it over with all at once.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What makes any of you think that these will be offered on the same day? >>

Selling them one a day for five days would require creative marketing skills.
    TD >>

My impression based on looking at the product schedule is that they will be sold on different days, not consecutive days - similar to the First Spouse coins.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting idea.

they very well may have them for sale on different days.

Sounds like a good idea considering the flood of orders to be expected.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I have nothing else to do but sit around and wait anyway. It would be good if they let us order more than one of each.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have nothing else to do but sit around and wait anyway. It would be good if they let us order more than one of each. >>

Chance of that-zero percent IMO. What I don't understand is why they cannot announce a release date. I suspect they are made so why not set a date. Must even the US Mint keep us in a state of uncertainty like the rest of govermnent?

Edited: It just donned on me they may be waiting on packaging.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Not setting a release date keeps the APs guessing in their slow release game. Though it's somewhat unlikely that they're thinking like that. Could be the packaging issue.

Or maybe Moy hid them somewhere as a parting gift and the USM staff is playing "find the pucks." They expect to find them sometime in the next few months.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not setting a release date keeps the APs guessing in their slow release game. Though it's somewhat unlikely that they're thinking like that. Could be the packaging issue.

Or maybe Moy hid them somewhere as a parting gift and the USM staff is playing "find the pucks." They expect to find them sometime in the next few months. >>

"Hide the puck?"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    If they do sell them one at a time , all on the dame day, would it not be better to call and place the order rather than trying for all five on the computer? I have sat on the computer with my order in and watched it spin for XX minutes only to have the order disappear and have to start all over again on hot release days. I have never tried to make a call and order thru the phone, has anyone had any phone call experiences they can share for ordering on noon when everyone is trying to get thru?
  • Options

<< <i>If they do sell them one at a time , all on the dame day, would it not be better to call and place the order rather than trying for all five on the computer? I have sat on the computer with my order in and watched it spin for XX minutes only to have the order disappear and have to start all over again on hot release days. I have never tried to make a call and order thru the phone, has anyone had any phone call experiences they can share for ordering on noon when everyone is trying to get thru? >>

lots of busy signals and calls not getting through, but I've never had a Rep. say their order didn't take the first go round.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually own 2 demon dialers cost me 250 bucks years ago but they just keep dialing the phones until they get a ring. Use them on radio contests and there just plain fast. Plus there fun to just sit back and listen to them redial and redial and redial ..................Looking forward to opening day image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>If they do sell them one at a time , all on the dame day, would it not be better to call and place the order rather than trying for all five on the computer? I have sat on the computer with my order in and watched it spin for XX minutes only to have the order disappear and have to start all over again on hot release days. I have never tried to make a call and order thru the phone, has anyone had any phone call experiences they can share for ordering on noon when everyone is trying to get thru? >>

Ive never been able to get a rep on a big release day. That would be such a coup if they release all five on the same day.
  • Options
    I will do the computer and the phone and see what works. I am actually looking forward to the "thrill of the hunt" that day. will take a vacation day, get a couple cold ones and park myself at the desk at 1130 and let the games begin image

PS, Nice dog 1Tommy, my condolences, don't know what I will do when my old dog passes.
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Having had a set of the BU's in hand, I was most impressed by the Grand Canyon coin. If I were to only get one of the collector coins, that would be my choice.
    HOWEVER, (and you knew there was a "BUT" coming, didn't you?) the big question at this time is how will they look after they are sandblasted? The intricate detail that makes the Grand Canyon coin look so cool may come out looking like mud. The river at the bottom of the canyon may become indistinguishable from the rocks around it.
    I await with worms in my mouth (baited breath) the official Mint publicity pictures.
    TD >>

The different finish for them is a concern for me, too.

I liked the way they looked in the photos we saw of the bullion pucks released to the authorized dealers. Putting a different finish on them just seems unnecessary, and actually gave me the impression that they will be less attractive than the original release. image
  • Options

<< <i>I actually own 2 demon dialers cost me 250 bucks years ago but they just keep dialing the phones until they get a ring. Use them on radio contests and there just plain fast. Plus there fun to just sit back and listen to them redial and redial and redial ..................Looking forward to opening day image >>

Where did you get them Tom?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I actually own 2 demon dialers cost me 250 bucks years ago but they just keep dialing the phones until they get a ring. Use them on radio contests and there just plain fast. Plus there fun to just sit back and listen to them redial and redial and redial ..................Looking forward to opening day image >>

Where did you get them Tom? >>

thks timber100 i truly miss her........... demon dialer new link

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Thanks Tom.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    BTW...Don't click that demon dialer link, it has a trojan horse threat
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    so, the question is -

did the Demon Dialer get you through to Pru Securities? image

if not, dont waste your money
  • Options

<< <i>so, the question is -

did the Demon Dialer get you through to Pru Securities? image

if not, dont waste your money >>

image It only took 1 day after finding the number. Like i said can't wait for the mints release. They work and as far as the stress you get from hitting the redial button for 2 hrs while i just sit back and let em go. When i was king of the radio contests i used to break phones (I was younger) because i would get upset not getting thru, since i found these i have never been happier to just kick back and let them do all the dialing. image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

imageimageimage
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Nice wins......I guess it works.

However, I did get thru also doing it the old fashioned way within 1 hour. Just luck.

The USM website - if it holds up - is not a bad course to take, i've been there religiously at noon on the various dates of release; and only once not having placed an order before 1 pm.

Every limited issue I placed an order.

Expect this one to be 1 per HH.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice wins......I guess it works.

However, I did get thru also doing it the old fashioned way within 1 hour. Just luck.

The USM website - if it holds up - is not a bad course to take, i've been there religiously at noon on the various dates of release; and only once not having placed an order before 1 pm.

Every limited issue I placed an order.

Expect this one to be 1 per HH. >>

Seven-

Did you get a set from Pru?

• Options
    a Pre-Poll Pre-Thread to ask about how the mint should release these.

All on one day, or on different days?
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I think it is a question also if the mint will even release these, they don't have legal authority according to some. Hopefully these coins get scrubbed and they only do the bullion coins, then those will take off.

The bizarre thing is it seems the mint made the bullion coins in proof and the collector coins in a bullion matte finish.
  • Options
    {Pre-Poll, II} AFTER the 2010 release, Should the Mint Make the NumisPucks a Subscription?

I'm not asking for the 2010 Numimatic Park 5oz coins

But for 2011 and on, should the mint set up the National Park 5oz Silver coins on a subscription service?
  • Options

<< <i>{Pre-Poll, II} AFTER the 2010 release, Should the Mint Make the NumisPucks a Subscription?

I'm not asking for the 2010 Numimatic Park 5oz coins

But for 2011 and on, should the mint set up the National Park 5oz Silver coins on a subscription service? >>

Yes.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will because they did this for the Gold Spouse. All 40,000 subscriptions sold out. So the mint cancelled everyone's subscription afterward including mine. I don't think the mint wants to limit these to only subscribers especially in the low mintage years. I think the dealers would manipulate the subscriptions in effect causing what the mint did not want to happen with Bullion versions distributed to the APs-shutting out the public.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think they will because they did this for the Gold Spouse. All 40,000 subscriptions sold out. So the mint cancelled everyone's subscription afterward including mine. I don't think the mint wants to limit these to only subscribers especially in the low mintage years. I think the dealers would manipulate the subscriptions in effect causing what the mint did not want to happen with Bullion versions distributed to the APs-shutting out the public. >>

Yeah, the Mint really helped its sales by cancelling all those subscriptions........

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    If the mint did not cancel them i am sure its customers would have after the first year.
  • Options
    Another week of idle speculation........
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bizarre thing is it seems the mint made the bullion coins in proof and the collector coins in a bullion matte finish.

Nobody will ever get an explanation for it, either. They just go off on a tangent and do stuff.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The bizarre thing is it seems the mint made the bullion coins in proof and the collector coins in a bullion matte finish.

Nobody will ever get an explanation for it, either. They just go off on a tangent and do stuff. >>

Yeah, like BU's are Unc's and Unc's are Burnished and back again.
  • Options

If someone happens to figure out why the mint does something then they will change how they do that thing.
  • Options
    It's a nice atmosphere of confusion they run over there.

I'm a little bummed in how they struck them---these would look pretty cool in ultra cameo, but the matte might look nice. Often, I'm a bigger fan of a nice matte unc. finish.
  • Options
    The new Coin World Online has a great story about the devastating report that the CCAC made criticizing the fact that many important decisions at the Mint are made by the Sales & Marketing department.
    KUDOS to the CCAC and our very own RWB!
    TD
  • Options

Awesome, I think I need to pick me up a pair of those.
    "When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa did, not screaming like the rest of the people in his car."
    --- Jack Handy

Positive BST transactions with members - Tander123, Twincam, UtahCoin, ianrussell
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another week of idle speculation........ >>

plus two daysimage
  • Options
    JuanJuan Posts: 71 ✭✭
    If you want to know when they'll be on sale, let the mint tell a congressman and it'll be on the news tonight.
    oklahomakid
  • Options
    These will probably be offered seperately since they are listed seperately on the product schedule page. You will have to beat your brains out 5 times to get a set at the issue price.
  • Options
    Indeed they are:
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Hot Springs National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yellowstone National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yosemite National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Grand Canyon National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Mount Hood National Forest
  • Options
    I think 5 days is the best solution.

It gives those wanting a single the easiest opportunity to get one.

• Options

Most people will not be able to get access to a computer for 5 days. This is going to be a disaster. How do they think up these things.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see where it will be a 'disaster'..... looks like a very fair way to ensure the widest distribution. It will definitely be a challenge to be able to get all five... especially if each individual one is available on the same opening day. If one is lucky enough to get one in the cart early, does one take a chance and try to load up some others... or purchase immediately with only one in the cart.... decisions, decisions....
    ----- kj
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try to buy a set of five if that is an option. Otherwise, I'll pass. I don't need an incomplete set and I don't want to buy the missing coins at greatly inflated prices on the secondary market.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the 2011's will have a Numismatic release.

It's going to be a busy year.

TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Hot Springs National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yellowstone National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yosemite National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Grand Canyon National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Mount Hood National Forest
    TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Gettysburg National Military Park
    TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Glacier National Park
    TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Olympic National Park
    TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Vicksburg National Military Park
    TBD 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Chickasaw National Recreation Area

• Options
    Well, here we are, almost halfway through the "first quarter"........
  • Options
    (cherrypicking)
  • Options
    I'm holding off planning my vacation until the Mint announces the release dates for the 2010 and 2011 pucks. How sad is that? image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>I'm holding off planning my vacation until the Mint announces the release dates for the 2010 and 2011 pucks. How sad is that? image >>

For most things that would be sad....like holding off until the release dates for 2010/11 Beanie Babies are out (do they still make those??).

Honestly can't blame you there. Got a feeling 2011 is going to be a good year.
  • Options

+1image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file