Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    101 image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm holding off planning my vacation until the Mint announces the release dates for the 2010 and 2011 pucks. How sad is that? image >>

pathetic!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm holding off planning my vacation until the Mint announces the release dates for the 2010 and 2011 pucks. How sad is that? image >>

pathetic!!! >>

you will plan your vacation down to the day.

then

immediate backorder, 2 weeks!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

That's smart. YOu'll probably make enough $ to pay for that vacation.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be hard to do if they release each on a different day. I wonder whether, after the frenzy, these too will take a nose dive like the bullion pucks.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    more to speculate over!

there may be more collectors and less of a nosedive since it is easier to buy directly from the mint. however, I'm thinking some kind of nosedive.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Just call the Mint and ASK them what day they are going to release Puck Deux! How hard is that??????????

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Not hard at all but whoever answers will not even know they exist.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad but true.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Sadly true.
    Truly sad.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why but this thread seems to have gotten a little depressing.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Do they HAVE to release these ? Maybe they're afraid.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old thread is dead this is all about the new ones wooohoooo sell them all in one set image Open The Doors Mint image Don"t Be Scared image Who"s Gonna have the first PRESALE on Ebay ? Need a Picture of the New Ones.........
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know why but this thread seems to have gotten a little depressing. >>

Maybe the Mint realized that they could get away with breaking the rules and already presold them?

In all seriousness though, the Mint may be sitting on these until March, when some forecasters are anticipating a run on silver.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I predicted $199.99 per puck / $999.95 per set in one giveaway / contest.

Wasn't there a 'closest to the date of release contest too"?

Can't remember, can't find the thread if it exists.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

pathetic!!! >>

PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    they are going to have to squeeze them in to the schedule.

find sometime in the schedule without much going on (I'm thinking about volume of shipments) and that's where they'll probably stick them.
  • Options

<< <i>I predicted $199.99 per puck / $999.95 per set in one giveaway / contest.

Can't remember, can't find the thread if it exists. >>

I remember voting in them but cant for the life of me find them.
  • Options
    THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!

P-PUCKS TO GO ON SALE FEBRUARY 29, 30 & 31!!!!

FILM AT ELEVEN!!!

• Options

<< <i>THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!

P-PUCKS TO GO ON SALE FEBRUARY 29, 30 & 31!!!!

FILM AT ELEVEN!!!

image >>

Sweet!! What's your source? Mint product schedule still says TBD.
  • Options
    wow

you got caught by that one.

check what days Feb 29, 30 and 31 fall on....
  • Options
    Dangit, dates were never my speciality. Too late to edit above post now....
  • Options
    LOL. You got me too.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options

I love it !!!
  • Options

<< <i>I predicted $199.99 per puck / $999.95 per set in one giveaway / contest.

Can't remember, can't find the thread if it exists. >>

The contests are in the giveaway forum....both now labeled "closed"...I put them there figuring they would be lost on the mega thread

Still waiting for a winnerimage
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one Capt! Add to your title, 2011 Chain-Yanker of the Year. image
  • Options
    Ya know, regarding the contest, someone actually would have nailed it if those dates were correct...There is a Feb. 30 guess image
  • Options

<< <i>Ya know, regarding the contest, someone actually would have nailed it if those dates were correct...There is a Feb. 30 guess image >>

Was it me? I can't remember. I seem to have a knack for getting excited over dates that don't exist.
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    This could be the start of a new trend of jokes Feb (29), 30, 31, April 1st ...
  • Options

<< <i>Nice one Capt! Add to your title, 2011 Chain-Yanker of the Year. image >>

• Options
    Nope...
  • Options
    no update yet.

And they have yet to set a date for the 1st First Spouse Release of the year, too.

Lucy got some splainin to do....

<< <i>Indeed they are:
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Hot Springs National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yellowstone National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Yosemite National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Grand Canyon National Park
    TBD 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Mount Hood National Forest >>

• Options

Mint waiting for price of silver to reach $50.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mint waiting for price of silver to reach $50. >>

I wouldn't be surprised.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the lack of information concerning the release of these Pucks to be quite unprofessional.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I'm telling you....
    (cherrypicking)
    ((all those mint employees have families with separate home addresses, too!))

• Options

Ya think!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually called the mint and asked them?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Has anyone actually called the mint and asked them? >>

They wont tell you anything even if they know!
  • Options

<< <i>Mint waiting for price of silver to reach $50. >>

So....next week then image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anyone actually called the mint and asked them? >>

They wont tell you anything even if they know! >>

Sometimes they know the answer, but won't tell you.
    Sometimes they don't know the answer, but make one up.
    It all depends on who answers the phone.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    or, if they know they wont tell you till they are good and ready

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    And if they do designate a release date, it will change.

2011 American Buffalo Gold Proof Coin release last week was 4/18, this week it's 5/19.
  • Options
    Do we have a better generic name for these than my "P-Pucks"?
    Surely you must have!
  • Options
    I heard the mint hasn't started selling these yet. Any confirmation?
  • Options

<< <i>I heard the mint hasn't started selling these yet. Any confirmation? >>

Consider it a confirmation that the Mint is not selling these yet
  • Options

<< <i>I heard the mint hasn't started selling these yet. Any confirmation? >>

These will be hot enough that you need to keep on top of when they go on sale.

If you come in late, you may miss out on the sale.

• Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, I feel very fortunate to have my own "preferred customer" private line for ordering Mint products; never get a busy signal.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me think - tomorrow is the last full week in February. There was something important that I was going to do in February. Hmmmmmm. I think it had something to do with the Mint. If they were coming out with a coin next week, we would surely know about it by now. Ya think?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file