Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this means anything, but I got an email from Fidelitrade that they have received my correspondence and it will be forwarded to our compliance processing center for further review. Its not a confirmation but its a start.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I just received a UPS shipping/tracking information from MTB, so my coins are on the way.

To recap, I don't remember what day it was but I was one of the first (if not THE first) on here to receive an account/order form (and post about it), which I replied to immediately and received a sales confirmation later that day. I got a cashier's check and regular-mailed it to MTB that same day.

My order is now on the way scheduled for delivery Jan 14. >>

Wow, they love you!! Still nothing at all to me despite an early order and bank check. >>

Just got a UPS update that my order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, the 11th!!!! image >>

Please let us know how they're packaged and how they look.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    Have most people w/MTB orders received shipping notification yet?
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Have most people w/MTB orders received shipping notification yet? >>

NO!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm curious to know, why PCGS has still not graded any. Are they having problems with their slabs? >>

The only info I know - the grades so far for pucks are between MS64 and MS67.

edited - just notice my 100 posts image >>

So if you get a set of pucks and think they are on the low end say MS64/65 would you still get them graded or would you try and sell to get a better quality set?

Thanks
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <,So if you get a set of pucks and think they are on the low end say MS64/65 would you still get them graded or would you try and sell to get a better quality set?>>

First things first...I'll cross that bridge once I actually have something in hand!

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Looks like nother BIG snow storm heading to NY.

<<Looks like nother BIG snow storm heading to NY. >>

Bummer...I'll have to stay home and play with my coins...don't you hate that?

Actually, I need to try out the new coin magnifier/lighting/camera combo my wife bought me for the holidays. It also also jacks directly into your PC or laptop for ease of use.

If it works as advertised, it should greatly ease the task of imaging coins...and I'll provide a full report to the forum.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The only info I know - the grades so far for pucks are between MS64 and MS67. >>

I think those who pre-sold MS69 sets will be screwed. It's hard to find a business strike coin in MS68, let alone MS69. Of course, that's with PCGS standards... NGC and ANACS may be more generous.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The only info I know - the grades so far for pucks are between MS64 and MS67. >>

I think those who pre-sold MS69 sets will be screwed. It's hard to find a business strike coin in MS68, let alone MS69. Of course, that's with PCGS standards... NGC and ANACS may be more generous. >>

True dat!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>

<< <i>

I think those who pre-sold MS69 sets will be screwed. It's hard to find a business strike coin in MS68, let alone MS69. Of course, that's with PCGS standards... NGC and ANACS may be more generous. >>

True dat! >>

I think as far as PCGS grades goes if you get a MS68 set - is reasonable to expect a value of $15k to $20k for the set. Maybe the bad guy at Gold Center was not far off in is prediction.
    MT
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my "Receipt of Correspondence" notification from Fidelitrade...I was in the 10:44 UPS group.
    <<Just received my "Receipt of Correspondence" notification from Fidelitrade...I was in the 10:44 UPS group. >>

If my luck holds, I'll be in the "Setting Fire to Your Correspondence" group!

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the interest gained on 2.7 million over a month or two? If the AP's are "selling" these, but taking "several weeks" to notify those that are actually going to get one, then the companies are collecting interest on all orders. FideliTrade had what, 3000 sets. At $929.20 x 3000, but probably a whole lot more) they are sitting on at least $2,787,600 cash until they decide what to do with their coins. I wonder how many they will actually sell to those that have sent in payment.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the interest gained on 2.7 million over a month or two? If the AP's are "selling" these, but taking "several weeks" to notify those that are actually going to get one, then the companies are collecting interest on all orders. FideliTrade had what, 3000 sets. At $929.20 x 3000, but probably a whole lot more) they are sitting on at least $2,787,600 cash until they decide what to do with their coins. I wonder how many they will actually sell to those that have sent in payment. >>

They spent nearly that much buying the coins so the difference at 0.5% over 2 weeks would not be that much.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent point!
    << What is the interest gained on 2.7 million over a month or two? >>

Bank interest...what's that????

HA HA HA HA HA HA...we don't pay no stinkin' interest!

<< <i><<Just received my "Receipt of Correspondence" notification from Fidelitrade...I was in the 10:44 UPS group. >>

If my luck holds, I'll be in the "Setting Fire to Your Correspondence" group! >>

Same here. I have confirmed delivery to Ftrade at 10:30 w/no word yet. Just like MTB, early in and no word back even though later orders have receipts. Ugh.
    <<Same here. I have confirmed delivery to Ftrade at 10:30 w/no word yet. Just like MTB, early in and no word back even though later orders have receipts. Ugh.>>

Re Fidelitrade...I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt...since they haven't provided any reason not to.

And in my case, since I didn't have my checkbook on me that day, I ran to the bank for bank checks...so the money's already "out" of my account...so I hope this isn't a problem in the event a check needs to be returned.
  • A-Mark expects to be selling pucks in 2 weeks. You will NOT need to set up an account prior to the sale as they typically deal with orders over $50,000.
    <<A-Mark expects to be selling pucks in 2 weeks. You will NOT need to set up an account prior to the sale as they typically deal with orders over $50,000. >>

So then, A-Mark will be accepting that new invention...what do you call it...the credit card?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A-Mark expects to be selling pucks in 2 weeks. You will NOT need to set up an account prior to the sale as they typically deal with orders over $50,000. >>

sounds like another potential lottery

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm curious to know, why PCGS has still not graded any. Are they having problems with their slabs? >>

The only info I know - the grades so far for pucks are between MS64 and MS67.

edited - just notice my 100 posts image >>

Not sure where you got your info from, but the pop reports none graded as of yesterday.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i><,So if you get a set of pucks and think they are on the low end say MS64/65 would you still get them graded or would you try and sell to get a better quality set?>>

First things first...I'll cross that bridge once I actually have something in hand! >>

I don't seriously believe that many pucks will grade less than MS 67. Fact is, I think most will be between MS 68 to MS 70.

Regardless, I'm not playing the return/try again game. it may not be possible if the companies are sharing lists anyway. Whatever I get, unless a coin comes horribly defective, I'm getting PCGS'd.

• << <i>

<< <i>

The only info I know - the grades so far for pucks are between MS64 and MS67. edited - just notice my 100 posts image >>

Not sure where you got your info from, but the pop reports none graded as of yesterday. >>

I got the info from the PCGS Blog/comments - one of the gentleman working at PCGS made a remark about the quality of the 5oz. ATB submitted so far, He specifically
    mention grades between MS64 and MS67 so far

edit - to add link for PCGS Blog, read comments n.2 and 4 myurl
    MT
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see how anyone here can be defending the Gougers (Authorized Distributors).

That there is a market and demand etc that people will pay is irrelevant.

The law is what matters and their agreement with the U.S. Govt (Mint) which was obviously broken. >>

I saw a letter in a coin paper complaining that the government can't tell the
    distributors how much they can sell the coins for, what is this Russia or something?
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't see how anyone here can be defending the Gougers (Authorized Distributors).

That there is a market and demand etc that people will pay is irrelevant.

The law is what matters and their agreement with the U.S. Govt (Mint) which was obviously broken. >>

I saw a letter in a coin paper complaining that the government can't tell the
    distributors how much they can sell the coins for, what is this Russia or something? >>

It sure made a mess of things-----------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    My friend's MTB pucks just showed up! No email conf., no ship notification - they just showed up! There's hope yet...
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The only info I know - the grades so far for pucks are between MS64 and MS67. edited - just notice my 100 posts image >>

Not sure where you got your info from, but the pop reports none graded as of yesterday. >>

I got the info from the PCGS Blog/comments - one of the gentleman working at PCGS made a remark about the quality of the 5oz. ATB submitted so far, He specifically
    mention grades between MS64 and MS67 so far >>

I suppose if it's posted in the Inernet, it must be correctimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    BONGO say puck coins look like center-caps on wheels after driving thru snow storm-----------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    The PCGS Blog is a neat resource I never knew about. Here are the comments about the grades. 4th comment down.
    Raufus...I just sent you a private IM.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    This don't sound good...received email a few minutes ago

<< <i>--Receipt of Correspondence--

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Coin Silver Bullion Set and Fidelitrade Incorporated. We have received your correspondence and your request has been forwarded to our compliance processing center for further review.

This is only an acknowledgement that your request has been received. This is NOT confirmation that your request has been accepted.

If your request is accepted, you will receive an Order Confirmation in the upcoming weeks.

Thank You,
    FideliTrade Incorporated
    >>

Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>So then, A-Mark will be accepting that new invention...what do you call it...the credit card? >>

They will probably require all of the same information. I was just letting people know that it is pointless to request an "Account Opening Form" from A-Mark for the ATB based on my conversation with a rep there.
    It doesn't sound like they will accept credit cards since they currently do not take credit card payments. Likely just checks, cashier checks, and wire transfers. Only time will tell.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got the info from the PCGS Blog/comments - one of the gentleman working at PCGS made a remark about the quality of the 5oz. ATB submitted so far, He specifically
    mention grades between MS64 and MS67 so far >>

I suppose if it's posted in the Inernet, it must be correctimage >>

Most quarters or other Business coinage grades MS64-67 straight out of the roll, except the pieces that are damaged significantly of course. This makes perfect sense.

RE Credit cards
    -Many bullion dealers, and probably especially those who specialize in B2B sales do not accept credit cards as they do not like to take the 2.x% hit on the sale. As their profits are limited by the mint on this issue, I can't imagine any of them are willing to give up that vig. Cash/check only.

• << <i>This don't sound good...received email a few minutes ago >>

I received the same. This actually is a good sign. This is the next step in the order fulfillment process- Verified.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone here have one in hand and have a chance at a second set through a different AP? If so, are you going for it?
  • My payment to Fidelitrade was in the 10:30am group delivered by FedEx. Still no email from Fidelitrade. I guess they like UPS better?

• << <i>My payment to Fidelitrade was in the 10:30am group delivered by FedEx. Still no email from Fidelitrade. I guess they like UPS better? >>

I'm sure they have a very large stack, no one has received an order confirmation; just high hopes. 10:30 FedEx should be ok since when I called around 11:00 it sounded like they had not received 3,000 packages yet.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This don't sound good...received email a few minutes ago >>

I received the same. This actually is a good sign. This is the next step in the order fulfillment process- Verified. >>

Still waiting for mine.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My payment to Fidelitrade was in the 10:30am group delivered by FedEx. Still no email from Fidelitrade. I guess they like UPS better? >>

I received an email from Ftrade about receiving correspondence, etc. I was a USPS 2:20 in the afternoon receipt @ Ftrade.
    <<I received an email from Ftrade about receiving correspondence, etc. I was a USPS 2:20 in the afternoon receipt @ Ftrade. >>

Well I think that's a very good sign...as that's one of the later packages delivered that day.

I would assume that unless they had adequate stock, they wouldn't be opening up ALL the envelopes delivered on Friday, unless there was a far chance for order fulfillment.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My payment to Fidelitrade was in the 10:30am group delivered by FedEx. Still no email from Fidelitrade. I guess they like UPS better? >>

I'm sure they have a very large stack, no one has received an order confirmation; just high hopes. 10:30 FedEx should be ok since when I called around 11:00 it sounded like they had not received 3,000 packages yet. >>

Mine was delivered yesterday at 918am. I was thinking I was out of the running since their website said they were not accepting anymore orders and that was on the 7th. So before what you just reported here I was expecting my check back after the sort.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone here have one in hand and have a chance at a second set through a different AP? If so, are you going for it? >>

If they haven't already flipped them, alot of the posters, over the last 30-40 pages, probably fall under that category. The lurkers who've been here the whole time as well as those who've recently joined from the CW article are probably drooling just as much.

• << <i>

<< <i>

I'm sure they have a very large stack, no one has received an order confirmation; just high hopes. 10:30 FedEx should be ok since when I called around 11:00 it sounded like they had not received 3,000 packages yet. >>

Mine was delivered yesterday at 918am. I was thinking I was out of the running since their website said they were not accepting anymore orders and that was on the 7th. So before what you just reported here I was expecting my check back after the sort. >>

I was referring to 10:30am Friday- I'm guessing efreeman1980 meant that he called at 11:00am Friday as well. I'd be shocked if they didn't receive more than 3,000 orders on Friday.

• << <i>I'm sure they have a very large stack, no one has received an order confirmation; just high hopes. 10:30 FedEx should be ok since when I called around 11:00 it sounded like they had not received 3,000 packages yet. >>

<< <i>Mine was delivered yesterday at 918am. I was thinking I was out of the running since their website said they were not accepting anymore orders and that was on the 7th. So before what you just reported here I was expecting my check back after the sort. >>

I didn't mean to get your hopes up. I called at 11:00 AM the day the overnight packages were being received, not 11:00 AM today.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone here have one in hand and have a chance at a second set through a different AP? If so, are you going for it? >>

If they haven't already flipped them, alot of the posters, over the last 30-40 pages, probably fall under that category. The lurkers who've been here the whole time as well as those who've recently joined from the CW article are probably drooling just as much. >>

I'll admit to trying to get 2 sets from 2 different APs. Already have my MTB confirmation and my check was delivered to Fidelitrade as well. I have two sons... each one will get a set from me if I can pull it off.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm sure they have a very large stack, no one has received an order confirmation; just high hopes. 10:30 FedEx should be ok since when I called around 11:00 it sounded like they had not received 3,000 packages yet. >>

<< <i>Mine was delivered yesterday at 918am. I was thinking I was out of the running since their website said they were not accepting anymore orders and that was on the 7th. So before what you just reported here I was expecting my check back after the sort. >>

I didn't mean to get your hopes up. I called at 11:00 AM the day the overnight packages were being received, not 11:00 AM today. >>

Ah Jeez, back in the dumps.....
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well cheat a bit...

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone's gotta say... "4800!"

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file