Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't careful in storing these, they might look something like this in 200 years or so:

imageimage
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    jmski52,
    Where's the smiley face?
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Noticed PCGS making First Strike eligible to ALL ATB coins regardless of date submittted. >>

So would you turn in your set for grading? >>

Mine are already at PCGS for grading. The capsules that APMEX shipped them in are O.K. but too thick. I'm sure that in time better capsules and likely Saflips will be available. Grading is not cheap to be sure.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>How long before we some of these turning up with "Taco Bell" toning? The size of these might create some interestingly toned specimens.

Does "First Strike" designation need to be requested when submitting?
    Is there an extra charge for "First Strike" designation?
    With no cut-off date being recognized by PCGS....is it feasible to assume that all PCGS submitted 5-oz'ers will be designated "First Strike" therefore eliminating the very pedigree sought by the submitters? >>

FS is an extra $18/coin. While totally meaningless (IMHO), FS slabs usually bring more $ on resale. The FS slabs also look nicer. You have to specify FS on the submission form. You can see this at the link provided by another poster.

There may be some PCGS non-FS. Some might not realize that all are FS eligable. Usually FS is only for coins shipped from The Mint in the first 30 days after release. These are somewhat unique in that there is no clear first ship date as they were obtained from APs and not The Mint.

Others who have no desire to sell, of just think the FS is B.S. won't pay the extra $18/coin either.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Provident Metals has taken them off their web site and erased the wish list alert I had set up. My only hope at this point is Apmex coming through and doing the right thing. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

<< <i>Provident Metals has taken them off their web site and erased the wish list alert I had set up. My only hope at this point is Apmex coming through and doing the right thing. image >>

Dillon Gage will eventually sell, also CNT should eventually as well. WHAT will happen to the Prudential and A-Mark pucks???
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd think you can submit under the "Modern" service level ($14) rather than the "Regular" service level ($30). If I can purchase them for about $200/piece, then modern should be appropriate, for a savings of $80.
  • Hi everyone! I'm new to posting, but have been here for quite a while. I decided to post because I wanted to thank everyone for the great information that I have received on this particular thread. I got in on the Apmex sale originally and now maybe the Fidelitrade deal. I'm a 10:44 am UPS "adverse weather" signed by BRYANT! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that this network of collectors has done an amazing job sharing information and allowing us all the chance to get a good deal on the 2010 ATB 5 ozers. I think its awesome that a forum like this exits and can actually enact change through checks and balances. I realize the APs are screwing just about everyone through this whole fiasco, but its great that the few sets that are making it out are landing in the pockets of members of this very forum. So, Thanks a million for all the hard work! image

<< <i>I'd think you can submit under the "Modern" service level ($14) rather than the "Regular" service level ($30). If I can purchase them for about $200/piece, then modern should be appropriate, for a savings of $80. >>

Modern is not allowed for this issue. The pucks must be submitted under Regular. I submitted mine under Modern and got a call from PCGS informing me of this. I had to authorize a charge for the difference.

NGC simply has an additonal $25/coin charge for the Pucks.

<< <i>Hi everyone! I'm new to posting, but have been here for quite a while. I decided to post because I wanted to thank everyone for the great information that I have received on this particular thread. I got in on the Apmex sale originally and now maybe the Fidelitrade deal. I'm a 10:44 am UPS "adverse weather" signed by BRYANT! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that this network of collectors has done an amazing job sharing information and allowing us all the chance to get a good deal on the 2010 ATB 5 ozers. I think its awesome that a forum like this exits and can actually enact change through checks and balances. I realize the APs are screwing just about everyone through this whole fiasco, but its great that the few sets that are making it out are landing in the pockets of members of this very forum. So, Thanks a million for all the hard work! image >>

WELCOME!! :-)

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd think you can submit under the "Modern" service level ($14) rather than the "Regular" service level ($30). If I can purchase them for about $200/piece, then modern should be appropriate, for a savings of $80. >>

Modern is not allowed for this issue. The pucks must be submitted under Regular. I submitted mine under Modern and got a call from PCGS informing me of this. I had to authorize a charge for the difference.

NGC simply has an additonal $25/coin charge for the Pucks. >>

That is correct ... I believe Mr Willis also made that comment somewhere in this thread
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So which APs are going to screw us this week and when?

Predictions?
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I predict apmex will will release some tomorrow, and some will somehow have disappeared that they will not release.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fidelitrade update: I just received an email from the woman who processed my account signup info (I had faxed the account setup form two days before Fidelitrade went public with sales, hence my email contact). She said to expect an email order confirmation sometime this week. She also implored me not to call as they are swamped with these.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I have received an Ftrade email with an acct number in the body. It's from "ATB". I suppose now the check gets cashed and some pucks ship out?
    Fidelitrade update #2: I just now received another email, this one from ATB@fidelitrade.com, welcoming me to Fidelitrade. I am assuming this was a result of processing my order form, but I don't really know. There was no order number in the email, just a "Welcome to Fidelitrade" message:

<< <i>Hello, January 10, 2010 Thank You for choosing FideliTrade Inc. to meet your needs. Your account number is #999999 >>

• << <i>I predict apmex will will release some tomorrow, and some will somehow have disappeared that they will not release. >>

If any go on sale they will probably have no more than 1,000 sets and that may be stretching it a bit. If theyre offered I expect an offering of less than 500 sets. Im wondering why APMEX out of all the APs have not done an offering yet (not counting their pre-sales) but then again they may have sold out their allotment to a secondary. Dont hold your breath I dont think APMEX will be offering pucks
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I think APMEX may do this in smaller portions (500 at a time) to the ALERT list in order of placing the ALERT.

I think you will get an email if you are one of the customers that placed an early alert.

I do not think they will invite a "free for all" with opening up orders on the website.
    I dont think they will do their whole allotment,

but maybe another 600 to round out the first 1000 they intended to do anyway.

<< <i>Fidelitrade update: I just received an email from the woman who processed my account signup info (I had faxed the account setup form two days before Fidelitrade went public with sales, hence my email contact). She said to expect an email order confirmation sometime this week. She also implored me not to call as they are swamped with these. >>

I can feel it happening again...I got my Ftrade check in before 10:30, just as I was early w/MTB. Now I'll watch all of you get your emails and I'll get notin....

Anyway, happy for all of you who are confirmed!! :-)
    If your check was in Friday, I can see the orders being filled.

Again, just as always, the forum believes the **immediate** demand (meaning those sent overnight) will suck up all available quantities.....I dont think so.

I believe the "do not send and more orders" sign was put up because they were swamped with mail.

I dont believe they received as many orders as we think they did. It may look like alot, but I think less than their allotment.
    <<I think you will get an email if you are one of the customers that placed an early alert.>>

<<I do not think they will invite a "free for all" with opening up orders on the website. >>

Well somebody had better have another free-for-all...preferably involving credit cards...becuase I've had my sister-in-law on "ready alert status" for two weeks now!!!

She's on the runway and ready to scramble at a moment's notice!!!
  • Mine was in on Friday Morning and still no email. I guess it takes time to enter a thousand or two email addresses image
    Just to provide a sanity check...I already had a Fidelitrade account establised...and I received an e-mail.

Did anyone receive an e-mail who had no prior business dealings with them?
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just to provide a sanity check...I already had a Fidelitrade account establised...and I received an e-mail.

Did anyone receive an e-mail who had no prior business dealings with them? >>

Sanity check?

What we need is a sanity clause!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    I only ask that because I had a pre-existing account...and I got an email this AM.

However, my wife (using her maiden name), did not have an account and did not get one (we sent in two separate applications in the event they went to a lottery system, rather than a first-in, first out arrangement).

My comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek based on my MTB experiance...

<< <i>Just to provide a sanity check...I already had a Fidelitrade account establised...and I received an e-mail. Did anyone receive an e-mail who had no prior business dealings with them? >>

AS I stated earlier, I had an existing account with them, too, although it was only 2 days old...image
    Oh Lord...this forum and my bi*** & moan letter re ATB sales actually made the front page of CW!!!

I guess we're all (in)famous now!

• << <i>

<< <i>Just to provide a sanity check...I already had a Fidelitrade account establised...and I received an e-mail. Did anyone receive an e-mail who had no prior business dealings with them? >>

I had submitted my account forms the day before the sales were released, I never got an account confirmation and sent in my form without an account number on it. I received an email from Fidelitrade just over 2 hours ago. I am part of the UPS 10:44 group.
    Mine was in via USPS at 10:20am.

I dont think it matters.

I think all orders rec'd Friday - (and then some) - will be filled by Fidelitrade.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ended early cancelled Just got email fro ebay about this seller and i thought this was one of those sellers, that was selling over 20 sets and they now seem to have disappeared hmmmmimage Something happened cause there were 124 sets this morning now its down to 70 some again ....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭
    The seller probably didn't like the drop in prices these are commanding or a dealer like Robert Chambers offered him something he could not refuse saving him a tremendous amount on paypal and ebay fees.
    They seem to be down about $200 on average from the peak. You'd think that he'd make a killing at these rates.
    <<They seem to be down about $200 on average from the peak. You'd think that he'd make a killing at these rates. >>

DOWN???

But doesn't Gold Center guy think they should be @ $15k by Thursday?

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Oh Lord...this forum and my bi*** & moan letter re ATB sales actually made the front page of CW!!!

I guess we're all (in)famous now! >>

Hey, I'm in that photo, right side of driveway, big puffy RED ski coat guy...Too funny...image

<< <i><<They seem to be down about $200 on average from the peak. You'd think that he'd make a killing at these rates. >>

DOWN???

But doesn't Gold Center guy think they should be @ $15k by Thursday?

image >>

That's right!! I stand corrected. $15k by Thurs and $20 by the following week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just to provide a sanity check...I already had a Fidelitrade account establised...and I received an e-mail.

Did anyone receive an e-mail who had no prior business dealings with them? >>

Sanity check?

What we need is a sanity clause!

image >>

I could foot that bill image

• << <i>That's right!! I stand corrected. $15k by Thurs and $20 by the following week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Since we all have some time on our hands. Let's do some analysis.
    How many sets have been made available (public & private)?
    How many sets that have been made available are currently in hand?
    How many after market sets have been sold?
    How many after market sets are still available?
    What percentage of flippers will be out there?
    What is the silver spot price prediction over the next year?
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take this with a gain of salt but I just called the Mint. The "customer Service" rep told me that the numismatic 2010 with a P mint mintmark version will not be released until spring maybe later. She did not know if they had been stuck yet....did not know,..... and then when I asked her why she thought that, she said maybe they could not find any planchets... I would suggest more folks call and see what responses they get.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I think they had to be already struck in 2010 unless they change the legislation. Last thing posted said the delay was over packaging but now maybe legislation as well.
  • How many sets have been made available (public & private)? 10,300 Min, Coin Store (3,700), FideliTrade(3k), MTB(3k), and APMEX(600)
    How many sets that have been made available are currently in hand? 4,300+
    How many after market sets have been sold? 500?
    How many after market sets are still available? ~200
    What percentage of flippers will be out there? ~15%
    What is the silver spot price prediction over the next year? Let's just assume $30/oz steady.

This means 4,250 will probably be sold in the after market, with about 2,000 on ebay. I feel the large number of flippers will cause the price to drop a decent amount, maybe down to $1,600. After the numerous sales, price will rebound quickly and go far above what they are currently selling for, I'm estimating $4,000/set at the low end.

I say buy and HOLD.
    <I say buy and HOLD. >

I'M TRYING...but nobody will take my money!
    2010 Numismatic Versions were struck in 2010
    Has anyone called Michael White the US Mint Spokesman and press dude? I will.
    I Just called Mr White......Left Message

<< <i>I Just called Mr White......Left Message >>

I've called the ATB Program Director but not Mr. White. GREAT idea. How can we contact him?

<< <i>Oh Lord...this forum and my bi*** & moan letter re ATB sales actually made the front page of CW!!!

I guess we're all (in)famous now! >>

Hi Rich-

FANTASTIC! I missed this in my daze this morning after working all night.

Which issue?

Looks like we can expect some more participants - or at least lurkers - on our forum!
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    4699 image
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file