Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>APMEX Mt. Hood SINGLE just went for $699!!!! >>

Sometimes I wonder if the eBayers should be selling them as singles instead of as a set. >>

Has the outhouse...ahem, I mean Hot Springs puck been sold by itself recently? Mt. Hood and a few others might go for moon money but I think the Hot Springs would be a relative dog. Selling them singly might end up adding up to about what the sets have been selling for, and with more work.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • I stand corrected. There was a HS puck that went for $505 today. Not bad.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • One thing, well actually one of many things, I have learned as this ridiculous saga plays itself out is the significant difference in prices for common bullion ASE's.

I always thought APMEX had the best deal but overcharged for shipping, fees for CC usage and had check delays (normal but a pain),

I have found that Provident Metals beats them significantly in price (ASE APMEX/Provident $32.86 vs. $32.10 quantities of 20) and shipping ease with Provident accepting PayPal for immediate payment and only $11.95 total for shipping a roll to Mass.

So...if I don't get my set of pucks to keep , at least I have found a better place to do my normal business...

(I am not affiliated with either company)

• rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>One thing, well actually one of many things, I have learned as this ridiculous saga plays itself out is the significant difference in prices for common bullion ASE's.

I always thought APMEX had the best deal but overcharged for shipping, fees for CC usage and had check delays (normal but a pain),

I have found that Provident Metals beats them significantly in price (ASE APMEX/Provident $32.86 vs. $32.10 quantities of 20) and shipping ease with Provident accepting PayPal for immediate payment and only $11.95 total for shipping a roll to Mass.

So...if I don't get my set of pucks to keep , at least I have found a better place to do my normal business...

(I am not affiliated with either company) >>

Provident is top notch in my book...Ive sold and bought from them quite a bit the last year....

Some of you may get popcorn from APMEX for doing a bigger than average business with them...well this year Provident sent me a Christmas card and included a 1/2 oz Silver Indian Round. Theyre my go to dealer now...

If you do any selling to them get a hold of Jeremy...he'll take care of you

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Provident in any way shape or form
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>One thing, well actually one of many things, I have learned as this ridiculous saga plays itself out is the significant difference in prices for common bullion ASE's.

(I am not affiliated with either company) >>

Provident is top notch in my book...Ive sold and bought from them quite a bit the last year....

Some of you may get popcorn from APMEX for doing a bigger than average business with them...well this year Provident sent me a Christmas card and included a 1/2 oz Silver Indian Round. Theyre my go to dealer now...

If you do any selling to them get a hold of Jeremy...he'll take care of you

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to Provident in any way shape or form >>

Why have they been so HORRIBLE w/the pucks??
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • They are not an AP.....
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    HOLY SH*T!

Moments ago I received a call from a gentleman at MTB... my order is confirmed!

Never in a million years did I expect that!

Edited to add: I officially take back anything bad I may have said or thought for the past few days about MTB.

Edited again: Official Sales Confirmation received via email
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an extended discussion on these at the coin club meeting last night. Out of about 50 present, I think two expressed interest in ordering/purchasing them.

that is pretty telling.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still have heard nothing from MTB...so my opinion of their shoddy business practices stands...for now.
    Rich... When did you send in your forms?

I downloaded the form from this thread, emailed it on Monday @ 3:30pm after getting home from 90 Broad and faxed them a 2nd time Tuesday @ 10:30am
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There was an extended discussion on these at the coin club meeting last night. Out of about 50 present, I think two expressed interest in ordering/purchasing them.

that is pretty telling. >>

Was it two at the eBay price and all 50 at issue price? or would the 48 not be interested at either price?

• << <i>Rich... When did you send in your forms?

I downloaded the form from this thread, emailed it on Monday @ 3:30pm after getting home from 90 Broad and faxed them a 2nd time Tuesday @ 10:30am >>

My case:

I emailed forms to two addresses on Monday .... none ever got delivered (multiple failed delivery attempts back to me)

I called yesterday and told them my saga....a polite person agreed that they have had email server issues and to just email them again.

I emailed the forms yesterday as requested to both addresses and...... yup, multiple failed delivery attempt emails back to me again

Round and round we go..........
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Ebay fees for selling a set = $50.
    Ebay fees for selling individually = $200 - $250.

Toss in free shipping if they are all sold to different people.

• tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HOLY SH*T!

Edited to add: I officially take back anything bad I may have said or thought for the past few days about MTB.

Edited again: Official Sales Confirmation received via email >>

Congrats!.....and no they are talking about shipment in about two weeks if you ask them.

<< <i>They are not an AP..... >>

Oops, VERY sorry, my mistake, I had confused them with Prudential. Sorry!!!
    <<Ebay fees for selling a set = $50.
    Ebay fees for selling individually = $200 - $250.

Toss in free shipping if they are all sold to different people.>>

Sounds about right. Here's a link to a great tool for calculating Ebay fees:

Ebay Fees

<< <i>Rich... When did you send in your forms?

I downloaded the form from this thread, emailed it on Monday @ 3:30pm after getting home from 90 Broad and faxed them a 2nd time Tuesday @ 10:30am >>

As MsM has said, the confirmations are definitely not first in first out. I and a friend ordered early, no confirmation. Another friend who ordered much later got one.

<< <i>HOLY SH*T!

Edited again: Official Sales Confirmation received via email >>

They called and emailed or just emailed the conf.?
    << Rich... When did you send in your forms?

I e-mailed them (twice) on Monday afternoon at around 3:00 and again at 3:30 and didn't receive any failure or non-delivery notice...and then I faxed them at 8:00 and 8:30 AM Tuesday and received a fax confirmation that it went through.

Then when I called to check up, Mr. Personality told me to call back yesterday for an update...and when I did they said they "couldn't" check around...very busy, you know...and so it goes.
    He called to confirm... while on the phone with him I asked that he email the confirmation, and he did within a few minutes of the call.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    sounds like the AP's need to make a trip to Manpower
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambro good observation, most of the coin clubs have dealers and collectors who may not know much about these coins but point taken. The thing is these coins have been talked about and hyped up to all markets of people, the general public, collectors, bullion traders etc for a long time.. it eventually leaked out world wide. I think there is an irrational exuberance around these but like the stock market under Greenspan is does not matter... the fuse has been lit. These coins which a bullion are being re defined my the marketeers as rare, one of a kind, first issue, collectible not to be made again. The numismatic version may interest collectors and dealers much more but there are less of them compared to the millions who know now about these sets and want one.

I took a poll of dealers around my city and not surprising they are considered "melt" to them but if they buy it at melt they will go to Ebay to get a retail price.......

Has Eric weighed in on these?

<< <i>Ambro good observation, most of the coin clubs have dealers and collectors who may not know much about these coins but point taken. The thing is these coins have been talked about and hyped up to all markets of people, the general public, collectors, bullion traders etc for a long time.. it eventually leaked out world wide. I think there is an irrational exuberance around these but like the stock market under Greenspan is does not matter... the fuse has been lit. These coins which a bullion are being re defined my the marketeers as rare, one of a kind, first issue, collectible not to be made again. The numismatic version may interest collectors and dealers much more but there are less of them compared to the millions who know now about these sets and want one.

I took a poll of dealers around my city and not surprising they are considered "melt" to them but if they buy it at melt they will go to Ebay to get a retail price.......

Has Eric weighed in on these? >>

Thanks for the info don. Well done.

eric has weighed in, see the big moderns thread. He's not very hot on them.
  • so does anyone think its weird if some of us were told over the phone by our salesman that we are confirmed ...but we have no # as they say we dont need one they are confirming us .....as this is my case ....and im still a little worried until i see them in hand
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

<< <i>so does anyone think its weird if some of us were told over the phone by our salesman that we are confirmed ...but we have no # as they say we dont need one they are confirming us .....as this is my case ....and im still a little worried until i see them in hand >>

My case as well, same with a friend. I want to see it on an email like most others have. You'd think that the company policy would be consistent.

Did you tell your salesperson that you'd like an email conf.?
    <<so does anyone think its weird if some of us were told over the phone by our salesman that we are confirmed ...but we have no # as they say we dont need one they are confirming us .....as this is my case ....and im still a little worried until i see them in hand >>

What? Why would you worry about MTB's business practices (or any other APs)?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
  • I never got an email confirmation either but they said I was good and they cashed my check so must meen im good.image
  • yea i asked for a email conf and a# and he said u dont need it im confiming u
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
    NEWS FLASH!!!!!

Just got an email from Fidelitrade saying the ATB Sales are ON! $929.20 shipped!

Download form at link below for info!

Fidelitrade

• << <i>

<< <i>so does anyone think its weird if some of us were told over the phone by our salesman that we are confirmed ...but we have no # as they say we dont need one they are confirming us .....as this is my case ....and im still a little worried until i see them in hand >>

My case as well, same with a friend. I want to see it on an email like most others have. You'd think that the company policy would be consistent.

Did you tell your salesperson that you'd like an email conf.? >>

who was ur salesperson

mine was david phillips ....just wondering if we have the same person saying this or if they all may be
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NEWS FLASH!!!!!

Just got an email from Fidelitrade saying the ATB Sales are ON! $929.20 shipped!

Fidelitrade >>

Thanks!

What to do with the account title and shipping info boxes at the top of section 2?
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NEWS FLASH!!!!! Just got an email from Fidelitrade saying the ATB Sales are ON! $929.20 shipped! >>

Me, too! Available by mail order only. No phone orders at all. I guess they learned from the other AP's debacles...
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NEWS FLASH!!!!!

Fidelitrade >>

Once again a massive over-charge on Shipping, asking for a SS# just to sell me an product? They aren't paying interest, investing money in my name. APMEX just needed an address and a CC to prevent market loss to confirm my order.
    it'll be a debacle when they receive 20,000 orders with checks
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
    It looks like the condition of the Ftrade. coins may be lacking...no special packing, may be scratched, etc.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice Coins are bullion variety and will neither be encapsulated or specially package. the coins may have scratches,abrasions,smudges,fingerprints or other imperfections lol image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>Notice Coins are bullion variety and will neither be encapsulated or specially package. the coins may have scratches,abrasions,smudges,fingerprints or other imperfections lol image >>

heck what do u want for $69 shipping and handlingimage
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    ...and the forum became extremely quiet while the members furiously printed and filled out forms.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Prudential contacted my buddy yesterday about his order. They wanted to confirm a couple things.

I guess he'll be getting his coins.

Just wanted to let everyone know that they WERE selling coins.

• BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    The coins I got from APMEX looked like they were from the bottom of the barrel------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    debacle in the making...so fidelitrade sends this form via email to all the people on their list thinking "we will send this to a couple thousand people and take their orders via mail.". Then, someone posts the form on the internet and they receive 20,000 orders.

• << <i>

<< <i>

who was ur salesperson

mine was david phillips ....just wondering if we have the same person saying this or if they all may be >>

My rep, David Phillips, has stated the same information to me. "If you made an order, you will get your coins, you are confirmed, you don't need a confirmation #"

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

who was ur salesperson

mine was david phillips ....just wondering if we have the same person saying this or if they all may be >>

My rep, David Phillips, has stated the same information to me. "If you made an order, you will get your coins, you are confirmed, you don't need a confirmation #" >>

is this the same salesperson for others who dont have a cof #...im kinda hoping he is not just saying this to get people to leave him alone
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS

• << <i>debacle in the making...so fidelitrade sends this form via email to all the people on their list thinking "we will send this to a couple thousand people and take their orders via mail.". Then, someone posts the form on the internet and they receive 20,000 orders. >>

They do ask for your email address. If you email address does not match what is on their list, they may put you at the back of the line.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HSN is selling ANACS MS69s at $1199.95 a piece. Raw sets are going for over $2k on the bay.

Interesting.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>debacle in the making...so fidelitrade sends this form via email to all the people on their list thinking "we will send this to a couple thousand people and take their orders via mail.". Then, someone posts the form on the internet and they receive 20,000 orders. >>

They do ask for your email address. If you email address does not match what is on their list, they may put you at the back of the line. >>

The form is on Fidelitrades website for all to see.
    <<debacle in the making...so fidelitrade sends this form via email to all the people on their list thinking "we will send this to a couple thousand people and take their orders via mail.". Then, someone posts the form on the internet and they receive 20,000 orders. >>

That someone is ME..... and I'm damn proud of it! And my Dad's order is already in the (priority) mail.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<debacle in the making...so fidelitrade sends this form via email to all the people on their list thinking "we will send this to a couple thousand people and take their orders via mail.". Then, someone posts the form on the internet and they receive 20,000 orders. >>

That someone is ME..... and I'm damn proud of it! And my Dad's order is already in the (priority) mail. >>

IT may be a debacle, but it is the FAIREST approach I've seen. If they get too many orders, then the you win the mail lottery or you don't. No favorites, no ringers, no phone dialing competition. I can't ask for any more.

• << <i><<debacle in the making...so fidelitrade sends this form via email to all the people on their list thinking "we will send this to a couple thousand people and take their orders via mail.". Then, someone posts the form on the internet and they receive 20,000 orders. >>

That someone is ME..... and I'm damn proud of it! And my Dad's order is already in the (priority) mail. >>

That's why this forum exists.....to help other collectors

Now if it could stay off the other forums for a couple of days THAT would be nice......
    I agree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file