Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Same here... just called MTB, the gentleman said they were "swamped with orders" and to call back on Monday. Telling him that I was online yesterday at 90 Broad meant nothing. >>

So...based on their behavior to date, that must mean that they'll sell/ship their last sets this Friday then?
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>checks, faxed DLs , all to people who have never seen or met ....Good luck with that! >>

Yup...I've given up on this dog and pony show. >>

Dog, pony, aardvarrk, lemur, llama, orangatang, zebra and an entire herd of gerbils show!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<Same here... just called MTB, the gentleman said they were "swamped with orders" and to call back on Monday. Telling him that I was online yesterday at 90 Broad meant nothing. >>

So...based on their behavior to date, that must mean that they'll sell/ship their last sets this Friday then? >>

Now, they said "call back on Monday"

They just want time to process what they have now.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Nope, Done with them. They get a total vote of "No Confidence" from me....

I'll just wait for the next fiasco to evolve and if that's run the same way then I will take it as a sign....

Can you say "Collector's Version from the Mint"??????

Dog and Pony AP's tick me off.....

edited for spelling
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nope, Done with them. They get a total vote of "No Confidence" from me....

I'll just wait for the next fiasco to evolve and if that's run the same way then I will take it as a sign....

Can you say "Collector's Version from the Mint"??????

Dog and Pony AP's tick me off.....

edited for spelling >>

Me too....Im tired of this...
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone had any luck getting through to PB financial services? You know, the company who appears to only be selling between 9am-11am (EST), on the phone?

I've gotten their message several times, I'm wondering if when you "get through" if someone actually picks up?
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone had any luck getting through to PB financial services? You know, the company who appears to only be selling between 9am-11am (EST), on the phone?

I've gotten their message several times, I'm wondering if when you "get through" if someone actually picks up? >>

Nothing but a busy signal so far today.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone had any luck getting through to PB financial services? You know, the company who appears to only be selling between 9am-11am (EST), on the phone?

I've gotten their message several times, I'm wondering if when you "get through" if someone actually picks up? >>

Absolutely no luck at all. Yet another AP who ordered the full allotment yet is totally unable/unwilling to actually sell them.

When you call the regular number a guy answers. Clearly irritated at the call. He says that as long as he is on the main corporate line he can't answer the other line.

I told him that the other line is constantly busy. Every 30 calls or so it rings and gets the recording. He said he knows. WHAT CRA_. A TOTAL waste of time even calling.

I get the impression that there is only one person answering that one line.

He also said that they have been selling since late last week.

Has anyone gotten through.

Just another AP who should have NEVER ordered the pucks as he has no plan in place to sell them and could care less.

The APs just get worse and worse.

I LOVED the CW article on why the APs should go!!!

PLEASE let this fiasco be the nail in the coffin.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    From that article:
    “We primarily wanted to take care of our own customers and dealers. Once we got through that, we opened it up to the public on Monday morning at 10 a.m.,” he said.

Hausman said about 600 sets of coins were available Monday morning. They sold out by that afternoon.

He said he predicts the set of coins to eventually be valued in the $15,000 to $20,000-range.

Just 600 sets? How can you take care of your DEALERS when the mint told you NOT TO? I think $15k is dreaming, and exactly what we don't need right now is more Joe 6 Pack's thinking they can get rich quick.

<< <i>Story on Coins sold at The Gold Center >>

Eventully valued in the $15K+ range?????????? Based on what?
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    SWAG
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>From that article:
    “We primarily wanted to take care of our own customers and dealers. Once we got through that, we opened it up to the public on Monday morning at 10 a.m.,” he said.

Hausman said about 600 sets of coins were available Monday morning. They sold out by that afternoon.

He said he predicts the set of coins to eventually be valued in the $15,000 to $20,000-range.

Just 600 sets? How can you take care of your DEALERS when the mint told you NOT TO? I think $15k is dreaming, and exactly what we don't need right now is more Joe 6 Pack's thinking they can get rich quick. >>

It's amazing how blatent the violations of the agreement are. A blatent violaton admitted by an AP in the paper!
  • Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets no bash anyone here or any AP.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    From the Gold Center Article

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< Has anyone had any luck getting through to PB financial services? You know, the company who appears to only be selling between 9am-11am (EST), on the phone? I've gotten their message several times, I'm wondering if when you "get through" if someone actually picks up? >> Absolutely no luck at all. Yet another AP who ordered the full allotment yet is totally unable/unwilling to actually sell them. When you call the regular number a guy answers. Clearly irritated at the call. He says that as long as he is on the main corporate line he can't answer the other line. I told him that the other line is constantly busy. Every 30 calls or so it rings and gets the recording. He said he knows. WHAT CRA_. A TOTAL waste of time even calling. I get the impression that there is only one person answering that one line. He also said that they have been selling since late last week. Has anyone gotten through. >>

I have been trying since last Wednesday and have never gotten through to a live person. Same as everybody else. If you guys think MTB is bad, try PB. At least a few of us have gotten through to a live person at MTB (although I am still waiting for a confirmation/reply from sending in the forms and DL)
    ...and someone can't count. Was there a line of 200 or 500? big difference
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>I have been trying since last Wednesday and have never gotten through to a live person. Same as everybody else. If you guys think MTB is bad, try PB. At least a few of us have gotten through to a live person at MTB (although I am still waiting for a confirmation/reply from sending in the forms and DL) >>

Yeah, if I can't get through that's one thing. But if no one on here can get through, then it's not even worth trying... and it's probably not even possible.

<< <i>

<< <i><< Has anyone had any luck getting through to PB financial services? You know, the company who appears to only be selling between 9am-11am (EST), on the phone? I've gotten their message several times, I'm wondering if when you "get through" if someone actually picks up? >> Absolutely no luck at all. Yet another AP who ordered the full allotment yet is totally unable/unwilling to actually sell them. When you call the regular number a guy answers. Clearly irritated at the call. He says that as long as he is on the main corporate line he can't answer the other line. I told him that the other line is constantly busy. Every 30 calls or so it rings and gets the recording. He said he knows. WHAT CRA_. A TOTAL waste of time even calling. I get the impression that there is only one person answering that one line. He also said that they have been selling since late last week. Has anyone gotten through. >>

I have been trying since last Wednesday and have never gotten through to a live person. Same as everybody else. If you guys think MTB is bad, try PB. At least a few of us have gotten through to a live person at MTB (although I am still waiting for a confirmation/reply from sending in the forms and DL) >>

The guy that answers the regular line clearly implied that he is the one answering the ATB line. I would not be at all surprised if they are not actually selling any. WHAT CRA_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    If the APs were smart they would set up a way to purchase these on their web sites. My guess is they probably will when the 2011 versions come out or maybe not.

<< <i>

<< <i>I have been trying since last Wednesday and have never gotten through to a live person. Same as everybody else. If you guys think MTB is bad, try PB. At least a few of us have gotten through to a live person at MTB (although I am still waiting for a confirmation/reply from sending in the forms and DL) >>

Yeah, if I can't get through that's one thing. But if no one on here can get through, then it's not even worth trying... and it's probably not even possible. >>

Exactly. Every 30 or so calls when you get through it's the same damn recorded message. They are full of it.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in the Mint rules prevented what The Gold Center did. They could not sell sets to their own employees or Corporate Officers. As I stated last week - once the AP's realized they could only make 10%, they made sure they took care of their best customers. If you had done business with a company for years, what would you rather have as a Christmas gift: a set of pucks that are worth three times the sale price or a tin of popcorn?
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Huh? I called MTB twice today @ 9am (and again moments ago) to ensure I got the same message and got through each time with no issue.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • “We primarily wanted to take care of our own customers and dealers. Once we got through that, we opened it up to the public on Monday morning at 10 a.m.,” he said.

Key word: Dealers

Man...it just doesn't get any better than that. I guess they didn't Miranda him first image

<< <i>If the APs were smart they would set up a way to purchase these on their web sites. My guess is they probably will when the 2011 versions come out or maybe not. >>

If the APs have ANYTHING to do with the 2011s whoever lets them should be fired. How much more evidence do they need that the APs are a joke??
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>checks, faxed DLs , all to people who have never seen or met ....Good luck with that! >>

Yup...I've given up on this dog and pony show. >>

Dog, pony, aardvarrk, lemur, llama, orangatang, zebra and an entire herd of gerbils show!!!!!

image >>

And to think a few weeks ago I made a simple call to a coin dealer from my warm house and purchased a set for $1000 on a credit card while sitting on a comfy couch with no id or blood sample plus reasonable shipping. That was before the coin crusaders/flippers got involved and my order was canceled and I still don't have a set.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    just a delay tactic...so they can say they sold them to the public.

Any of these companies could have consulted a software company and set up a website to take these orders. It would have cost them a couple thousand dollars at the most and been ready in one or two days. This is only 3000 orders...its nothing for a computer system. Even the mint takes several thousand orders and hour.

I think the problem is that they are working furiously in the background to sell these to the people they WANT to sell them too, while appearing to sell to the public.

• << <i>

<< <i>Story on Coins sold at The Gold Center >>

Eventully valued in the $15K+ range?????????? Based on what? >>

I think the good fellas in Springfield is referring to $15k-$20k Japanese yen.
    MT

<< <i>Nothing in the Mint rules prevented what The Gold Center did. They could not sell sets to their own employees or Corporate Officers. As I stated last week - once the AP's realized they could only make 10%, they made sure they took care of their best customers. If you had done business with a company for years, what would you rather have as a Christmas gift: a set of pucks that are worth three times the sale price or a tin of popcorn? >>

Read them again. They were prohibited from selling to DEALERS. They were supposed to sell to the general public. I would expect them to sell to their best household customers, but NOT dealers which they were expressly prohibited from doing.

• << <i>Huh? I called MTB twice today @ 9am (and again moments ago) to ensure I got the same message and got through each time with no issue. >>

Yup, I had no problem getting through....and they had no problem blowing me off....
    <<“We primarily wanted to take care of our own customers and dealers.>>

IMHO...based on what I witnessed...this is exactly what was happening at MTB yesterday. Less than 50 sets go out OTC while the remaining sets are tossed at their friends...er, I mean, regular customers.

But we'll see next Monday...HA HA...when they take all their faxed and e-mailed USA Patriot forms and tell us to all go climb a tree...or in this case, go jump in the Hudson River!
    IF 500-600 people physically showed up at Gold Center yesterday to buy one set each...just imagine the REAL demand out there for people wanting these. I guess it could easily go up to 10k a set before it starts to settle. Look at the reverse proof eagles...they went up to 1000 for a while and only cost 100. There is much more a frenzy for these.

<< <i>Any of these companies could have consulted a software company and set up a website to take these orders. It would have cost them a couple thousand dollars at the most and been ready in one or two days. This is only 3000 orders...its nothing for a computer system. Even the mint takes several thousand orders and hour.

I think the problem is that they are working furiously in the background to sell these to the people they WANT to sell them too, while appearing to sell to the public. >>

I'm not sure a website would be that great. Yes, you can setup a simple order taking website with no problem, but to set one up that is robust enough to take the kind of traffic that would be required takes a lot more money and time. Any simple website would crash under the stress... You know how the mint website gets when they release a new issue...
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>just curious...as i am tired of reading about MTB and what happened today....

does ANYONE have ANY PCGS graded 5oz coins yet????....picture of holder....idea of how they are grading???? >>

According to the pop. report...none have been graded yet. >>

I've asked them not to publish my 5 MS 70's until mid-Feb.
    I got through to MTB just now, no problem. They put me right through to the salesman who handled my order. He pulled up the info (likely the fax as the emails bounced). He gave me his full name and told me that I was good to go and to expect a few weeks for delivery. I asked him if he could email me a confirmation. He said that he did not have time and that the email system had crashed. He also said that they prefer personal checks. I told him that I sent a bank check. He said no problem but no need to go through the trouble.
    OK...so cutting to the chase...other than getting an early release from APMEX, waiting in the cold at the Coin Center or winning the lottery at MTB, has anyone actually been able to order these using normal 21st Century technologies (Internet, telephone, smokesignals) from ANY AP?

If the answer is still no, that speaks volumes about the circus we're dealing with here....and in regards to coins, WE'RE ALL SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING!!!

And how sad is that?
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing in the Mint rules prevented what The Gold Center did. They could not sell sets to their own employees or Corporate Officers. As I stated last week - once the AP's realized they could only make 10%, they made sure they took care of their best customers. If you had done business with a company for years, what would you rather have as a Christmas gift: a set of pucks that are worth three times the sale price or a tin of popcorn? >>

Read them again. They were prohibited from selling to DEALERS. They were supposed to sell to the general public. I would expect them to sell to their best household customers, but NOT dealers which they were expressly prohibited from doing. >>

1. Authorized Purchasers shall make available for sale to the public all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins that they acquire. The intention of this condition is to ensure that all 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins minted and issued by the United States Mint are sold to the public.

2. Authorized Purchasers may charge to their customers a price no higher than ten percent above the price at which the Authorized Purchasers acquire 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins from the United States Mint. Authorized Purchasers may charge their customers a reasonable shipping and handling fee; however, Authorized Purchasers may not charge any other fee, premium, or other expense to their customers to circumvent this ten-percent markup limitation. The intention of this condition is to ensure that members of the public can obtain these coins at a reasonable and affordable purchase price.

3. Authorized Purchasers must establish and enforce an order limit of one coin of each design for each household. A household is defined as all persons of a family, or living as a family, at a single mailing address. The intention of this condition is to ensure the broadest and fairest public accessibility to 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins, which are limited-mintage United States Mint products.

4. Authorized Purchasers may not sell, either directly or indirectly, 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins to their officers or employees. The intention of this condition is to ensure that 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins are available to the public and that Authorized Purchaser officers and employees do not have an unfair advantage over members of the public.

No mention of 'general public', just 'public' in the Mint rules. No prohibition of selling a single set to a dealer. A dealer is a member of the public that has an address, so selling one to him does not violate the terms. The AP's must sell all the coins to the public - not all at once, so contacting their chosen 'public' to see if they are interested in acquiring a set before selling OTC is allowed.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...and someone can't count. Was there a line of 200 or 500? big difference >>

I WAS THERE and yes i am calling him a liar, or whoever wrote the piece, after reading that article i have decided to call the mint, there was no way over 200 people, this guys arrogant attitude about all 200 of us showing up and being warned to stay off his property just shows how he felt about selling any of these. I just cannot believe they printed that garbage, without verify any of the facts. time to make another call......................image can someone please post the number to the mints hotline? thanks
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    <<I WAS THERE and yes i am calling him a liar, or whoever wrote the piece, after reading that article i have decided to call the mint, there was no way over 200 people, this guys arrogant attitude about all 200 of us showing up and being warned to stay off his property just shows how he felt about selling any of these.>>

Gee...sounds like the Gold Center and MTB were singing off the same hymnal...threatening to call the police on "the public"...class acts all the way! And these clowns are in the Mint's OFFICIAL network...imagine how the unofficial network would behave!
  • Ive about given up on this circus sideshow...see ya all on the mint's release day. Better have 5 computers open or 5 pages open at the same time so you can add every single coin to your cart.

Doubt they will sell as a set on release day...you thought the UHR or Lincoln Chronicles was madness...you aint seen nothing yet.

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

So what happen to the other 2400 sets? Only %20 made it the unwashed masses?

Loves me some shiny!
    But at least with the Mint's usual mindless madness, I'm not feeling that large quantities of product are getting smuggled out the loading platform or getting sold under the counter!
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    I just called MTB, pressed 0 for assistance.

I told the person who answered that I wanted to purchase a set of the America the Beautiful coins and he said "We're not selling any until next Monday, sir."

I said "okay, thank you" and that was that.

He wasn't rude, but it was pretty obvious from his tone that he's been saying the same thing to a lot of people this morning.
    Dan
    The clock strikes 11, Prudential now stops dealing with the masses....

Like a dumb a__ I spend two hours (while doing other things) calling hundreds of times. Got through many times, same old recording. I don't believe that they are actually selling any via the phone. Total B.S. likely as they sell backroom like the others.
    <<He wasn't rude, but it was pretty obvious from his tone that he's been saying the same thing to a lot of people this morning.>>

But did he ask for your address so he can send the police to your house to arrest you? No? Must have been another MTB then!

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    What's the special number for Prudenrial Securities? Is the one on the first post their main number?
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    And now Coins n Things updates their website with:

"Coming Soon - Due to overwhelming demand order request will begin 2nd Quarter 2011

Please continue to visit this website for updates"
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

• << <i>But at least with the Mint's usual mindless madness, I'm not feeling that large quantities of product are getting smuggled out the loading platform or getting sold under the counter! >>

Exactly!

Even if I am not able to get a set I will know that the reason WILL NOT BE that HSN got most of them

<< <i>What's the special number for Prudenrial Securities? Is the one on the first post their main number? >>

If you call the main number (212-778-6667) they will direct you to the ATB number (212-778-4654). If you call the latter number now you'll hear the recording - the same recording that you'll hear if you call between 9 and 11 when you don't get a busy signal.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file