Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Judging between your post, and the one immediately prior, i'd say interest has waned...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I don't think anybody has much interest anymore.

I got rid of all of mine except one set of all 10 in 69 DMPL.

I doubt if I will keep the set going.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the best of times and it was the worst of times....

If you bought direct and early, it was the best of flipping meccas.

If you bought graded or in the aftermarket, read Tolstoy.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was starting to collect them, then lost interest when I accidentally spent one . . . image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Ahhh, the memories of the monster thread....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was starting to collect them, then lost interest when I accidentally spent one . . . image >>

I cracked out a low grade one as a pocket piece but it was too big and heavy. I ending up trading for some HV/AC work.

What are people doing with the choice BU slabs?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, these have REALLY turned into white elephants and largely unwanted. Like many others I got the first 10, although no hyper-grades and then my interest really tanked...

Oh, well may they RIP and one day have a re-birth of interest!
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I kept one raw set for sentimental value. All my other sets got flipped. That was a hell of a run for the 2010 ATB bullion.

The 2010 ATB bullion distribution fiasco via the APs was the #1 worst US Mint decision ever. The 2011 25th Anny set comes in second.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 2010 ATB bullion distribution fiasco via the APs was the #1 worst US Mint decision ever. The 2011 25th Anny set comes in second. >>

Without a doubt, the ATB fiasco was the worst. And the profits from both of these fiascos enabled me to build my true collection in ways I could not have afforded before, like picking up a nice circulated Gobrecht to complete my dollar type set, among others...image
  • Options
    I lost money on these silly coins and will lose more money on the 10 remaining MS 69 DMPL's which I would like to get rid of but there are no buyers for them.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I lost money on these silly coins and will lose more money on the 10 remaining MS 69 DMPL's which I would like to get rid of but there are no buyers for them. >>

Well just got out of the VA hospital 4 days and this old thread brought a tear and a smile to my face, I like many others made enough off my sales but like a dummy kept buying more so now have 4 sets and will wait for silver to hit 40 an ounce and sell them off, it was a fun run and have some good memories..................Enjoy tom image Still this will always be one of the top three threads on this board...........
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone notice how our old friend Jack Hunt is out front with a pile of PCGS graded 2012 El Yunques on Ebay??? He was probably one of the worst offenders in 2010, but he's figured out the game, or at least he thinks he has. The vast majority of those listed now are from his company, mostly all MS69 PLs. They're going for around $200 right now. I haven't seen any DMPLs listed yet...
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    These coins (or coasters) interest me still but I am a hesitant buyer. It is always a more interesting time to buy when most everyone starts ignoring something.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    I put a Gettysburg and Glacier in 2 airtites,and now use them often as beer mug coasters!I'm having tons of fun as an ATB collector!image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,481 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was starting to collect them, then lost interest when I accidentally spent one . . . image >>

Made me think! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    Being an original APMEX order and riding incredible flips into 2011 I feel I owe it to the
    issue to ride it out.

I am going to faithfully buy one bullion set and one (P) set of each year for as long as the run goes.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Being an original APMEX order and riding incredible flips into 2011 I feel I owe it to the
    issue to ride it out.

I am going to faithfully buy one bullion set and one (P) set of each year for as long as the run goes. >>

+1 Trust me I was watching you from the beginning and learned alot about presales. These were my first flips and at first I felt guilty and finally realized it was not a sin to buy and flip.....Enjoy tom image Here's the picture of the line at the Gold Center Springfield, my first set acquired.

<< <i>image >>

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone notice how our old friend Jack Hunt is out front with a pile of PCGS graded 2012 El Yunques on Ebay??? He was probably one of the worst offenders in 2010, but he's figured out the game, or at least he thinks he has. The vast majority of those listed now are from his company, mostly all MS69 PLs. They're going for around $200 right now. I haven't seen any DMPLs listed yet...

I'm sure that good old Jack Hunt is dumping all of his non-DMPLs now, hoping for a market when he gets ready to sell his DMPLs.

I'm still interested in these, although I've been lazy about pursuing the set. It's my typical response to a Mint that keeps pumping out too many issues, too fast, and at too high a markup. The biggest problem for me is reconciling how to find adequate space in case I actually decide to collect them.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Actually if you ask me the biggest offender was APMEX they lost my business then. Have not purchased a single item from them since.
  • Options

<< <i>Actually if you ask me the biggest offender was APMEX they lost my business then. Have not purchased a single item from them since. >>

Interesting.I bought a graded ATB set from them for $900+,and then turned around and sold them back the same set for $1100+.Maybe it's all a Karma kind of thing.
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an "A BOMB" from Apmex and it soured me on these. I ended up selling it back to them at a slight loss but am still a bit PO'd by their business methods. I set have one set in a closet that I'll probably move next time I need some cash. I still like them even though they are kinda silly looking.

Maine_Jim
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are people doing with the choice BU slabs?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this run up on silver push these coins higher?

Is the gap between billion and "collectible" value closing?
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will this run up on silver push these coins higher?

Is the gap between billion and "collectible" value closing? >>

That would seem likely.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are people doing with the choice BU slabs? >>

I just listed a BU and some other graded ones on FeeBay. Will be lucky to get melt after fees.

At least I cashed in a good bit when the gettin' was good. Only wish I'd listened to some on the forum who said to sell everything during the craze. I kept some 69s which I could have sold at the time for moon $.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Does anyone know who is selling ATB's at the lowest price above spot now?
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anybody is selling the 2013 coins very cheaply right now as the coins are on allocation from the mint.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind getting a few of the bullion coins at close to spot if anyone has them available, the year isn't important to me.
  • Options
    I dumped all of mine when I was able to toward the end when the handwriting was on the wall. It was a fun ride though.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This thread is a blast from the past!

I still can't believe how these things crashed.

I remember when the first set of PCGS MS69FS DMPLs sold for $10K.

To think what I could have sold for at the right time....
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Provident has the 2013 White mountain for 131.00, 26.20 per ounce, cheaper if you buy a roll of 10. Less premium than on most ASE's.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    These might have crashed & burned..... but when they were hot, man-o-manischewitz did I make a boatload of cash. Put a new roof on the house, replaced the driveway & installed a fence.

Ah.... the good old days!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy and sell, Keep all the free stuff it's always a good thing, Good for you don129. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    What a crazy time. Mega highs and mega lows.

I was fortunate to get one of the good boxes from Apmex an E box I think not sure my memory is getting bad.

A friend of mine still has an NP1-5 set in sealed "First Strike" eligible boxes.

He has a hard time parting with anything.

Joe

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What a crazy time. Mega highs and mega lows.

I was fortunate to get one of the good boxes from Apmex an E box I think not sure my memory is getting bad.

A friend of mine still has an NP1-5 set in sealed "First Strike" eligible boxes.

He has a hard time parting with anything.

Joe >>

They are ALL first strike eligible, no need for sealed boxes. PCGS screwed us on this one.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great series to collect. It's by far the largest coin ever produced by the US. It's by far the heaviest coin ever produced by the US. And, every coin shows a different national park or other historical or natural feature of our great country. The mintages of the P mint collector coins are fairly low for a modern coin.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a great series to collect. It's by far the largest coin ever produced by the US. It's by far the heaviest coin ever produced by the US. And, every coin shows a different national park or other historical or natural feature of our great country. The mintages of the P mint collector coins are fairly low for a modern coin. >>

I've been collecting the bullion pucks and I agree with the above statement. Even the bullion version has low mintage's compared to other Mint issued bullion products. Now if silver ever regains it's momentum, upwards that is, I'd even show a profit.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These might have crashed & burned..... but when they were hot, man-o-manischewitz did I make a boatload of cash. Put a new roof on the house, replaced the driveway & installed a fence.

Ah.... the good old days! >>

And you no doubt reported all that extra $$ to the IRS....image
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - a blast from the past. I remember dumping some when silver was around $35 and I needed some cash. I thought I was dumping at a low point then! I was just POd from getting an "A Bomb" box and sold it back at around cost. I still have a another set sitting in the closet. I actually like them but was so soured by the "A Bomb" fiasco that I just bailed on the series.

Jim
  • Options
    Does anyone have the mintages of the ATB bullion AND "collector" version they could post here?
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Bullion Coin Mintages
    2010 Hot Springs 33,000
    2010 Yellowstone 33,000
    2010 Yosemite 33,000
    2010 Grand Canyon 33,000
    2010 Mount Hood 33,000
    2011 Gettysburg 126,700
    2011 Glacier 126,700
    2011 Olympic 104,900
    2011 Vicksburg 58,100
    2011 Chickasaw 48,700
    2012 El Yunque 24,000
    2012 Chaco Culture 24,400
    2012 Acadia 25,400
    2012 Hawaii Volcanoes 20,000
    2012 Denali 20,000
    2013 White Mountain 35,000
    2013 Perry’s Victory 30,000
    2013 Great Basin 30,000
    2013 Fort McHenry 30,000
    2013 Mount Rushmore 35,000

America the Beautiful 5 oz. Silver Uncirculated Coin Mintages
    2010-P Hot Springs 27,000
    2010-P Yellowstone 27,000
    2010-P Yosemite 27,000
    2010-P Grand Canyon 26,019
    2010-P Mount Hood 26,928
    2011-P Gettysburg 24,625
    2011-P Glacier 20,856
    2011-P Olympic 18,398
    2011-P Vicksburg 18,594
    2011-P Chickasaw 16,827
    2012-P El Yunque 17,314
    2012-P Chaco Culture 17,146
    2012-P Acadia 14,978
    2012-P Hawaii Volcanoes 14,863
    2012-P Denali 15,225
    2013-P White Mountain 20,530
    2013-P Perry’s Victory 17,707
    2013-P Great Basin 17,792
    2013-P Fort McHenry 19,802
    2013-P Mount Rushmore 23,540

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to this, the 2012-P collector version ATB final mintages are somewhat lower - Denali is the new key at 13,891.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I decided just collect the P versions. I wanted the DMPLs but with spotting issues I won't pay the premiums without the PCGS guarantee on the spotting. The DMPLs are way more appealing to me than the P versions. I do have all the 2010-2011 DMPLs PCGS First Strike.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>According to this, the 2012-P collector version ATB final mintages are somewhat lower - Denali is the new key at 13,891. >>

I got the numbers from Mint news Blog 12/27/2013. The last Denali number I saw (from the mint) was 14,552 vs. 14,863 for Hawaii
  • Options
    Does anyone know the cheapest way to get these now-a-days? I'm looking for some bullion versions.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know the cheapest way to get these now-a-days? I'm looking for some bullion versions. >>

Your best bet for cheap 5 oz ATB would be here.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone know the cheapest way to get these now-a-days? I'm looking for some bullion versions. >>

Your best bet for cheap 5 oz ATB would be here. >>

There is no such thing as a "cheap" 5 oz ATB anymore, and I haven't seen any in a while on your link. Do you have a link from that "site" for anyone selling them?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Fidelitrade was selling some versions this week for 93.00-96.00 with no minimum order.
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    This thread lives on!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file