Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates to this thread/series I should change the title for?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any updates to this thread/series I should change the title for? >>

5oz coins instead of 5oz rounds.

Jefferies/Pru Bache apparently still has some allocation left to rid themselves of. :-/ Patriot Act Form Hoop to jump through, and all forms and check info must match or they send it all back to you.

sales of the 2011 bullion seem to be slowing to a crawl.

PCGS seems to have changed what a DMPL is.... maybe it needs relfect in terms of light-years instead of the usual 8" that it was.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>This raw 2011 set in the presentation box for $1219 is tempting............

MCM 2011 set for cheap >>

Maybe MCM should include in the description the actual names of the parks that you receive in this 2011 set? I know for the serious collector, one could figure that out but maybe I'm too much of a Captain Obvious. image

Also, I wonder if MCM sells just the display box as a separate item?

• Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe MCM should include in the description the actual names of the parks that you receive in this 2011 set? I know for the serious collector, one could figure that out but maybe I'm too much of a Captain Obvious. image

Also, I wonder if MCM sells just the display box as a separate item? >>

You're right sometimes we do overlook the obvious, I will have the at fixed on Tuesday. The box is $49.95 with free shipping.... ask for the caps if you need them.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    Thanks for the info John. I've purchased several coins from MCM and think very highly of the company. image
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe MCM should include in the description the actual names of the parks that you receive in this 2011 set? I know for the serious collector, one could figure that out but maybe I'm too much of a Captain Obvious. image

Also, I wonder if MCM sells just the display box as a separate item? >>

You're right sometimes we do overlook the obvious, I will have the at fixed on Tuesday. The box is $49.95 with free shipping.... ask for the caps if you need them.

John >>

bumpity bump for the box
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To think that these brought $10K not long ago....

http://www.apmex.com/Product/62579/2010_5_oz_Silver_ATB_5_Coin_Set_PCGS_MS_69_DMPL_First_Strike.aspx

Edited: Just looked at the FeeBay closed auctions. This deal from APMEX for an MS69DMPL set looks like a great price. Am I missing something?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Apmex has 2010 MS 69 DMPL sets for $2495.00
  • Options
    Indeed. As I mentioned, I've ignored these for some time. This looks like a great price based on FeeBay closed auctions. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    They have 43 sets in stock!!
  • Options

Gee, I wonder where they got them? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    LOL!
  • Options
    APMEX Set Linked

I don't think you're missing anything Raufus. That is the lowest price these sets have gone for to date.

I predicted a few months ago that these sets would fall to $2500. Just tooting my own whistle here..........image
  • Options

Those were pretty heady days. Do you miss it?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gee, I wonder where they got them? image >>

Hey that is a good one! I guess they had a few extra sets left after they culled all the crappy ones and sent them to me in the "A Bomb" box....

Jim

• Options

<< <i>Those were pretty heady days. Do you miss it? >>

Not at all. I made a lot of $ on these things, but I got sick of them. It was just nuts. As with many of us, in hind-sight I sure wish that I had sold all of them early. I held an MS69DMPLFS Yos. when I could have sold it for $4K.

Who's buying a set - or more?

Looking at the mintages of the 2011 issues, I think that it's clear that the 2010s will be the keys after all for the business strikes. The question is, in the future, will anyone care?

If the answer is yes, then these are a no-brainer.

That said, they've had 43 sets in stock for an hour now.

This is kind of full circle. I remember when APMEX had the first sets and the whole thing started and went nuts. Now, about 10 months later, they seem to be getting rid of the last of the best and doing so at a good price.
  • Options

<< <i>APMEX Set Linked

I don't think you're missing anything Raufus. That is the lowest price these sets have gone for to date.

I predicted a few months ago that these sets would fall to $2500. Just tooting my own whistle here..........image >>

Nice prediction!

So, is this the bottom??
  • Options
    Interesting observation. Things seem to have gone full circle - even the price of silver a day or two ago was the same as when these first came out.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>Nice prediction! >>

Thanks! I predicted $2500 when these sets first fell below $4000, so that was quite a few pages back. image

<< <i>So, is this the bottom?? >>

I believe it's close to the bottom. Close enough that if I had $2500 to spend, I'd pick up a set now.

• Options
    Well, there are now 42 sets left. I just picked one up. I needed a DMPL69FS GC and YS. Hopefully by selling the three now duplicate MS69DMPLFS MH, YOS and HS that I have I'll be able to substantially offset the cost of the set that I just bought.

I'm very glad that I waited until now. To date, I've not paid about the cost of the raw coins + grading for any of them. I was often tempted to pick up the GC and YS but just couldn't pull the trigger at over a grand each. Turns out to have been the right move (for a change).
  • Options
    Just noticed that a GC MS69DMPLFS went for $2025 today on FeeBay. That buyer will be bummed if he/she finds out about the APMEX deal.

$2025 GC MS69DMPL FS
  • Options
    I picked up one of those sets too.

PCGS prices have not dropped on these coins in a month and I figure this is as low as they are going to go.

One set is bid up to over $2900 right now on ebay.
  • Options
    I think that for a buy and hold - even a relatively short term hold - that there is money to be made with these sets. That said, just one for me - or, perhaps two. I'll have to sleep on it.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I don't think there are enough collectors to sustain all of this, the sales of the mint version have gotten worse with each release.
  • Options

There is a big difference in the mint version which is very dull looking and the nice bright shiney bullion version in the top grade with low population.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Right but I doubt people will mix up versions in a series, also if sales fall then the pops could fall on future coins.
  • Options
    How did that GC get bid up so high????
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Right but I doubt people will mix up versions in a series, also if sales fall then the pops could fall on future coins. >>

Very true which will make the 2010's even more expensive.
  • Options

<< <i>How did that GC get bid up so high???? >>

I dont know but it could be a sign of what is about to happen. There are only 955 of these things in DMPL and if 2 or 3 people decide they want

one $hit happens.
  • Options
    Still 42 sets left. Can't believe that I'm the only one who has.pulled the trigger in 10 hours at this.price. i wonder whether they'll reprice lower. Incredible.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a lot of dough for 25 oz of silver bullion.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still 42 sets left. Can't believe that I'm the only one who has.pulled the trigger in 10 hours at this.price. i wonder whether they'll reprice lower. Incredible. >>

I've had one in and out of my shopping cart a couple times, but just can't pull the trigger. Other than the lone GC abberation, sales are pretty weak on Feebay. Yeah, there have been a few sets in the upper $2Ks, but there have been way more that have run the course of the listing with no bids. The singles are even worse. Recently completed auctions of YOS, Mt Hood and HS were all around $400 each. Yellowstones have been languishing (not selling) in the $700 range. Even if you could pull $1K for the GC - no guarantee, after fees and all, the net profit wouldn't be worth the effort IMO. The long term demand just hasn't developed. I'm as disappointed as anyone.

Still, I'm tempted to pick up another 69 DMPL set. I've got one from the early days (self assembled), but another wouldn't hurt. I think if silver suffers another leg down APMEX might reprice these even lower. Jeez, Ron, if you are the only one to buy one at this price off of this board, the demand must be low. I think I'll throw my lot in with the 25th Anniversary SAEs instead...
  • Options

<< <i>Still 42 sets left. Can't believe that I'm the only one who has.pulled the trigger in 10 hours at this.price. i wonder whether they'll reprice lower. Incredible. >>

I bought a set too before I reported to the board about the sale.
  • Options

<< <i>APMEX Set Linked

I predicted a few months ago that these sets would fall to $2500. Just tooting my own whistle here..........image >>

Red I have to give you credit, you did predict it.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like a lot of dough for 25 oz of silver bullion. >>

I agree on any grade lower than these, but the MS69 DMPL's will always bring a nice premium.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Seems like a lot of dough for 25 oz of silver bullion. >>

I agree on any grade lower than these, but the MS69 DMPL's will always bring a nice premium. >>

I agree, that's why I am considering getting a 3 rd set of these while the price is right.
  • Options

As a long term hold it's a good deal. If I was 10 years younger I wouldn't hesitate. But I'm not so I won't.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>As a long term hold it's a good deal. If I was 10 years younger I wouldn't hesitate. But I'm not so I won't. >>

I agree completely - with the key to your statement being "long term". That's what is so tempting to me. If these ever catch on, the 2010 sets will be key - not so much because of the mintage numbers, but because three of the nationally most popular parks are in the bunch. Long term...but short term, I think I'll be better off going whole hog into the 25th Anniversary SAEs. They should have a far greater potential going into Christmas than the year old pucks...and for $2500 I should be able to capture somewhere around 8 or so SAE sets, depending on mint markup and the price of silver...
  • Options

My thoughts exactly. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    You all make a lot of good points.

I do not have a complete 69DMPLFS set which is why I bought one. I think that in the long term my YOS, MH and HS doubles will pretty much be able to be sold such that they off-set much of the cost of this set. It looks clear that the 2010 business strikes will be the keys by a huge margin. Of course, as I said, the key is whether anyone will care.

I've never seen so much interest in a set initially that crashed so hard so fast.

I'm in for at least 10 25th. anniv ASE sets.
  • Options

<< <i>As a long term hold it's a good deal. If I was 10 years younger I wouldn't hesitate. But I'm not so I won't. >>

I'm 72 , are you older than me?
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'm 72 , are you older than me? >>

You're the George Burns of this board. How did you live so long? Eating Blake's Lotaburger?image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You're the George Burns of this board. How did you live so long? Eating Blake's Lotaburger?image >>

I don't do Blake's or any other fast food joints. I like the late afternoon senior special at the Golden Corral.

It's cheaper and tastes better.
  • Options

<< <i>

No, "only" 63. But unfortunately I feel twice that.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

No, "only" 63. But unfortunately I feel twice that. >>

That's because you traveled all over the west with "have gun - will travel"
  • Options

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I am really hesitant on the 2010's DMPLs. I have two but need three to have a complete 69 DMPL set. Luckily the Grand Canyon was self made and only cost me about $175(bullion cost) and about $70 in grading fees. Don't know if I want to pull the trigger on the other 3 DMPLs. Congrats to those that have complete DMPL sets. I really like these DMPLs. I think I spent too much already for the 2011 DMPLs.
  • Options
    Wow, you are so lucky to have a GC 69DMPL that you submitted. I submitted a lot and didn't get one.

These are NOT selling. It seems that I pulled the trigger too soon last night. I think that a downward repricing is likely and that I'll be left image
  • Options

<< <i>These are NOT selling. It seems that I pulled the trigger too soon last night. I think that a downward repricing is likely and that I'll be left >>

If they come down to the $2K range, I won't be able to resist!!!
  • Options

Be patient , you will be happy in the long run.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file