Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just a note on Dillon Gage: I faxed my order on Thursday, and wired the money Friday I didn't call email or email them, just followed the directions at their web site.

I received an invoice today (Monday) via email: the coins shipped via UPS ground on Saturday.

They still have coins available. >>

I just emailed my form to DG and asked that they confirm coins are still available. Got an email back in under 10 minutes saying they do and to wire funds quickly... which I already did!

This is getting ridiculous image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I emailed them the form and wired them the money but have not heard anything back from them yet. They have not taken the money out of my account yet.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Silly question time....over on my old dealer-to-dealer network, one guy said he got a call from somebody who said they had some of the "banned NGC slabbed ATB coins."

Any idea what they are talking about?

Thanks. >>

I seem to recall something about the text "ATB" on the label but maybe that was for the quarters? >>

didnt they stop using the custom picture backgounds that matched the location of the park

<< <i>

<< <i>Just a note on Dillon Gage: I faxed my order on Thursday, and wired the money Friday I didn't call email or email them, just followed the directions at their web site.

I received an invoice today (Monday) via email: the coins shipped via UPS ground on Saturday.

They still have coins available. >>

I just emailed my form to DG and asked that they confirm coins are still available. Got an email back in under 10 minutes saying they do and to wire funds quickly... which I already did!

This is getting ridiculous image >>

How did you get hold of them by email? I tried but could not find a way to email them.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Beth Deisher sure seemed incorrect to me.

"She cited the First Spouse gold $10 coin program introduced in 2007 in which dealers and speculators squeezed out individual collectors. Secondary market prices soared and discouraged many collectors from pursuing complete sets, she said"

I don't know where that came from. Yes, the first ones sold out quickly but not to long after that they were available on the market for near spot. If collectors had followed up on new issues from the Mint after that they would have had nearly a year to purchase most of the coins. She also recommended that the Mint not create any rarities. How boring is that? Give me rarities. If they want boring collector coins with no rarity factor then people can colllect mint sets or tons of other stuff from the mint every year. >>

They should create rarities, but be up front about it, like other mints, state the mintage or mint to order for the year and done. >>

I totally disagree.

The mint is government for the people, not for the collector nor dealer nor speculator. >>

All of the above are "the people" if you ask me. But that said, I don't think they should go out of their way to create OR AVOID rarities and I don't think they do. I think they try to gauge the demand and fit it as best they can. Ocasionally they miscalculate and that is when rarities happen. Her statement to me was like telling the Mint to not make any error coins.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    Most mint products are based on demand. There was no demand for the 2008 W $10 MS American Gold Eagle. It is now a rarity or the key to the entire series.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Just a note on Dillon Gage: .... . >>

....... How did you get hold of them by email? I tried but could not find a way to email them. >>

The email address on the app is:

ATBCoinSet@DillonGage.com

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
    How does the mint determine that all the APs sold their 2010 allotment so they can receive the 2011s? That is the question. Do they take the APs word that they did?

I am sure there are a couple APs hoarding a few for themselves to be sold years from now.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I emailed them the form and wired them the money but have not heard anything back from them yet. They have not taken the money out of my account yet. >>

If you wire money, it leaves the account on its own. It doesn't need to be removed by them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>CopperBull, what are you doing Friday night. You are quite the looker. image >>

Dentist appointment image

<< <i>How does the mint determine that all the APs sold their 2010 allotment so they can receive the 2011s? That is the question. Do they take the APs word that they did?

I am sure there are a couple APs hoarding a few for themselves to be sold years from now. >>

Considering the mint has no evidence of wrong doing by any AP, all the APs have to do is promise pretty please that they have sold them and the mint will believe them.

Although, it would be hard to deny if they had active sales when they promise. However, as it seems, the mint would likely do absolutely nothing about it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Well I FINALLY got my CNT Coins today. Very wel packaged. All my coins were either PL or DMPL. I'd have to say they were all 67+. I don't think any of them can get a 69 but I'm happy with 67's & 68's that are PL & DMPL. Now what the hell am I going to do with the 12 barber coins? lol.

<< <i>Well I FINALLY got my CNT Coins today. Very wel packaged. All my coins were either PL or DMPL. I'd have to say they were all 67+. I don't think any of them can get a 69 but I'm happy with 67's & 68's that are PL & DMPL. Now what the hell am I going to do with the 12 barber coins? lol. >>

That's easy, just put them on ebat under 90 silver for $180 or so and take offers. I sold mine for $165.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Great.....

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you responded to our email regarding America the Beautiful payment receipt.

The Post Office is now investigating the delivery of 25 USPS Express mail deliveries to our company. One of which was yours. All were dated as received on March 30th at 11:26 AM. It is highly likely that since we received several hundred Express Mail envelopes that day that USPS failed to deliver them to us even though we signed for them as a batch.

We will follow up with more information in the next 24-48 hours when they have concluded their investigation.

AS WE PREVIOUSLY STATED, YOUR ORDER WILL REMAIN VALID AND A SET RESERVED FOR YOU!!!
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU ORDER BE CANCELED AS A RESULT OF THIS ISSUE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A SET!!!

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

JHCB
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

I'm glad I sent mine 1st class mail.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Silly question time....over on my old dealer-to-dealer network, one guy said he got a call from somebody who said they had some of the "banned NGC slabbed ATB coins."

Any idea what they are talking about?

Thanks. >>

I seem to recall something about the text "ATB" on the label but maybe that was for the quarters? >>

Thanks.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How does the mint determine that all the APs sold their 2010 allotment so they can receive the 2011s? That is the question. Do they take the APs word that they did?

I am sure there are a couple APs hoarding a few for themselves to be sold years from now. >>

Considering the mint has no evidence of wrong doing by any AP, all the APs have to do is promise pretty please that they have sold them and the mint will believe them.

Although, it would be hard to deny if they had active sales when they promise. However, as it seems, the mint would likely do absolutely nothing about it. >>

I think the mint has plenty of evidence to show of certain ones not following the rules, lets start with the gold center, I would love to have him send in the list of 3700 people that he sold too. There is NO WAY he should be allowed to sell these again. He even stated in one article (which I forwarded to the mint) In which he SAYS He Will No longer Sell these, plus all his remarks about the mint and how they basically forced him to sell these. On Too Better things Lightrender3d glad to hear your set was a good one from cnt and can't wait to get mine. 7/9 aps and think I am done. Sorry to hear theres 25 people out there in limbo but does sound like J.H is on top of it.......image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Great.....

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you responded to our email regarding America the Beautiful payment receipt.

The Post Office is now investigating the delivery of 25 USPS Express mail deliveries to our company. One of which was yours. All were dated as received on March 30th at 11:26 AM. It is highly likely that since we received several hundred Express Mail envelopes that day that USPS failed to deliver them to us even though we signed for them as a batch.

We will follow up with more information in the next 24-48 hours when they have concluded their investigation.

AS WE PREVIOUSLY STATED, YOUR ORDER WILL REMAIN VALID AND A SET RESERVED FOR YOU!!!
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU ORDER BE CANCELED AS A RESULT OF THIS ISSUE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A SET!!!

JHCB
    >>

Srsly, you gotta be kidding. Sign for something and then discover you don't have it? Isn't a basic inventory like counting the number of what you signed for vs. what you received conducted?

Well, if nothing else, JHCB likes to send out emails. None of which should have to be sent if things were proper.

Let's review -

Everyone receives a shipment notice - even the non payers.

Next, everyone receives an explanatory email detailing that the shipment notice isn't really a shipping notice until your ATBs are shipped but you need to save your tracking # to see if they are shipped or not because you aren't going to receive another notice that your order has shipped.

Next, non payers get emails that say you can still pay us for your order, hurry up and send your $$$ by the 11th, even though we originally said that orders not paid for within seven days of the order date will be canceled so everyone overnight their m.o. to us.

Now the AP is missing 25 payments. They'll probably turn up and everything will work out, but holy moly, lotta hoops to jump through with this AP.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Great summary ...

I sent mine Priority mail and they received it.
    A friend's FedEx check showed his just was shipped/started moving.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping thru Hoops imageimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>

<< <i>Great.....

Hello,

JHCB
    >>

Srsly, you gotta be kidding. Sign for something and then discover you don't have it? Isn't a basic inventory like counting the number of what you signed for vs. what you received conducted?

Well, if nothing else, JHCB likes to send out emails. None of which should have to be sent if things were proper.

Let's review -

Everyone receives a shipment notice - even the non payers.

Next, everyone receives an explanatory email detailing that the shipment notice isn't really a shipping notice until your ATBs are shipped but you need to save your tracking # to see if they are shipped or not because you aren't going to receive another notice that your order has shipped.

Next, non payers get emails that say you can still pay us for your order, hurry up and send your $$$ by the 11th, even though we originally said that orders not paid for within seven days of the order date will be canceled so everyone overnight their m.o. to us.

Now the AP is missing 25 payments. They'll probably turn up and everything will work out, but holy moly, lotta hoops to jump through with this AP. >>

Here's the response I received from JHCB:

I confirmed we received your payment. More orders will be shipping in next couple of weeks. Order did not necessarily ship in order the orders were received. More will be going out gradually in next couple weeks. JHCB
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an email today from JH saying mine was one of the 25 packages that they can't find yet... I didn't send express, I sent via USPS Priority Mail. Hopefully they find it so I can get my big quarters!!!

• << <i>I got an email today from JH saying mine was one of the 25 packages that they can't find yet... I didn't send express, I sent via USPS Priority Mail. Hopefully they find it so I can get my big quarters!!! >>

illini420, mine was one of the 25 as well, and mine was Priority. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Seems to me as JHCB signed for them it is their liability weather they really received them or not.
    I think they will have to eat this one if they don't show up(probably will however).
    Hold tight and don't worry...all of our good mojo is being sent to the missing 25.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    One ASE for customer inconvenience should be with the pucks for the 'JHCB 25' when their orders finally ship!

Edited to add - Good luck!
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I got an email today from JH saying mine was one of the 25 packages that they can't find yet... I didn't send express, I sent via USPS Priority Mail. Hopefully they find it so I can get my big quarters!!! >>

illini420, mine was one of the 25 as well, and mine was Priority. Let's keep our fingers crossed! >>

I in on the 25 as well , hoo ray image

Some janitor just walked away with $25000, woops
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    So why is everyone jumping through hoops to get a JH set when DG is still selling them... and cheaper!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So why is everyone jumping through hoops to get a JH set when DG is still selling them... and cheaper! >>

not cheaper if you have to pay for a bank wire fee (and another possible bank fee if your wire has to come back if sold out)

<< <i>So why is everyone jumping through hoops to get a JH set when DG is still selling them... and cheaper! >>

Fidelitrade still is posting pucks @ 929.20.

I guess the hoop jumping for JH is the one per HH rule.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Fidelitrade still is posting pucks @ 929.20.

I guess the hoop jumping for JH is the one per HH rule. >>

Yep, as I think readers of this thread are hitting each distributor as they come up. I am pretty sure most, the forum, that wanted the pucks, have gotten them from FTrade....

And, for the folks who are the ones being contacted about their funds being temporarily lost.....at least they are USPS Money Orders, right?
    Shouldn't be out any funds as they are either misplaced or can be redone as "missing", right?
    Best of luck and I hope it gets resolved soon.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Glad I sent my check to JH in a plain envelope with a stamp on it. image

• << <i>Glad I sent my check to JH in a plain envelope with a stamp on it. image >>

Me too should have gotten them saturday but will come tuesday.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My JH arrived in AK today. MO sent Express to them.

Unfortunately, I missed delivery today. Tomorrow...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

• << <i>CopperBull, what are you doing Friday night. You are quite the looker. image >>

I'm fixin to sift through some cents, I could use a new copper-slave.......Hope to Cu image

• << <i>Glad I sent my check to JH in a plain envelope with a stamp on it. image >>

Has Fidelitrade sold out of pucks? The 2010 puck notice of '500 sets still to be sold' is gone from the front page. You can still get to the order form, though.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Jeez, I hope mot, my check was mailed to them cheapo stamp last Saturday, nothing like waiting till the last minute...image I'll update if I get the receipt of correspondence email...

Edit: Just remembered I actually mailed it Friday afternoon, left the office early to mail in the PMO to JHCB, $ to CNT, and shot the check to Ftrade...

<< <i>Has Fidelitrade sold out of pucks? The 2010 puck notice of '500 sets still to be sold' is gone from the front page. You can still get to the order form, though. >>

I'm guessing they just have a few sets left.

Dillon gage is still selling via wire.

Just about time to stick a fork in these...

• << <i>Has Fidelitrade sold out of pucks? The 2010 puck notice of '500 sets still to be sold' is gone from the front page. You can still get to the order form, though. >>

I was just about to send an order to them today......I gave em a buzz and they said "No Pucks for you!"

Are we done yet?
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Has Fidelitrade sold out of pucks? The 2010 puck notice of '500 sets still to be sold' is gone from the front page. You can still get to the order form, though. >>

I'm sure that spike thru $40/oz did the trick in the last few days.

This shows the power of Ebay: MTB blasted thru 600 of 'em in a day on the 'bay.
    Took Ftrade a whole month to do 500 by snail mail and sold 'em nearly $100 cheaper.
  • I am sick to death of Fidelitrade. BY far the utter most slowest process I've ever done. Its been over a month and today they just now ship it out of their warehouse. So I should get my coins by the end of the week. I'm still waiting for 2 from JH that I got during their first round. THey recieved my payment but informed me that it will take time as they are shipping out orders daily. >.< Hopefull I'll have everything by the end of the week... hopefully.

I'm sick of ordering these things. LoL.
  • Got 3 sets of JHCB in today. 1 set of CnT still coming. Cashed my check but haven't heard anything yet.
    Apmex has dropped the 5 oz puck set from their listing. All you can get is a monster box. Previously it showed the 'alert me' 5 oz pucks and the monster box as two separate items.

Either Apmex pulled the listing down to replace it with a listing that you can order from -or- they are done.

The monster box listing has changed too - it's now a 'hot item' image
    Apmex has dropped the 5 oz puck set from their listing. All you can get is a monster box. Previously it showed the 'alert me' 5 oz pucks and the monster box as two separate items.

They pulled the listing because they have to show the Mint that they sold all their 2010 allotment so they can receive the 2011's per the mint guidelines. The 2011's will ship in two weeks to the APs.
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭
    Quick question, How did MTB ship the sets they sold on eBay? Were the coins in air tites?

<< <i>Apmex has dropped the 5 oz puck set from their listing. All you can get is a monster box. Previously it showed the 'alert me' 5 oz pucks and the monster box as two separate items.

They pulled the listing because they have to show the Mint that they sold all their 2010 allotment so they can receive the 2011's per the mint guidelines. The 2011's will ship in two weeks to the APs. >>

So, it is looking more like APMEX went the way of tGC.

• << <i>Quick question, How did MTB ship the sets they sold on eBay? Were the coins in air tites? >>

yes.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

<< <i>

<< <i>Apmex has dropped the 5 oz puck set from their listing. All you can get is a monster box. Previously it showed the 'alert me' 5 oz pucks and the monster box as two separate items.

They pulled the listing because they have to show the Mint that they sold all their 2010 allotment so they can receive the 2011's per the mint guidelines. The 2011's will ship in two weeks to the APs. >>

So, it is looking more like APMEX went the way of tGC. >>

Indeed. If they really were looking to sell and only had 2 weeks to do it, pulling the ATBs from the website doesn't make much sense....

<< <i>

<< <i>

So, it is looking more like APMEX went the way of tGC. >>

Indeed. If they really were looking to sell and only had 2 weeks to do it, pulling the ATBs from the website doesn't make much sense.... >>

I sent them an e-mail noting the time and asking when they plan to sell the other sets.

Afterall, they sold 1,000 sets @ 1395, and then turned around and had to sell them 1 at a time. That leaves well over 2,000 sets """"unsold.""""

And not much time left to sell. Odd how that ATB bullion page disappeared completely.

>>>>>> I suggest everyone here send the same e-mail to them noting the number of unsold sets they ""have"" and asking when they will sell the remaining sets.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file