Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• I was able to get one from each AP except the Gold Center.
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    For those of you who received the email from APMEX, and then ordered a set, what day did you get onto the "Alert Me" list? I got on the list on December 9th and no email for me. Also for those who were able to order a set without receiving the email, how were you able to order a set? I noticed a space when attempting to place an order for a validation code. Was this code supplied only for those who received the email? If so then how did orders get confirmed for people who did not receive an email. Thanks.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Jeez...what a circus.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on apmex's Alert list for the individual coins back in Oct., and on their stupid Alert list for the set back in Dec. - and I never got any alert. They might as well just flip us all the bird.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    I was on the list in aug and got my email today.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

On list since Dec 5. No email but order allowed and confirmed.

This from their website:

*Please Note: The supply of this product is extremely limited. Therefore, in order to be fair to all
    customers who wish to purchase a set, APMEX has implemented a pre-registration and lottery type system
    to identify specific customers eligible to purchase the 2010 ATB coins from APMEX. Only the lottery winners
    will receive the email from APMEX with the offering and will be entitled to order one set of these coins.

If you do not receive an email from APMEX, you will not be eligible to purchase at this time. We apologize
    for any inconvenience this may cause.

APMEX stands behind every product it sells with a satisfaction guarantee.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting to step 3 (and would use a CC) but I just can't pull the trigger...have already sold 2 sets, have 2 more, and not sure I want/need another one.....this is tempting though because they are slabbed....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>I am a sucker for already-slabbed PCGS FS bullion...
    BTW, if you use the mobile site, mobile.apmex.com you supposedly get free shipping...

Also had to throw in a 1/10th oz (silver) koala... >>

Hey Proof, you are freakin' brilliant. I just placed my order through my phone and no shipping!!!! image

I have had an Apmex account for more than 5 years, was on the alert me for only about the last month, did not recieve an e-mail but was able to place an order. I bet I get an e-mail from them today. I assume I got through due to being a "long time" customer, but funny thing this is only my second order with them.
  • There is no promo code in the Apmex notification email.
    I set up my alert for the set Dec 3 and got an email.

My guess is they will not sell out from the alert list by Friday, and at that time they'll open it up for everyone (which will sell out quick).

*First post - long time ABT lurker who decided to go "legit".

MC
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Welcome MCimage

<< <i>

<< <i>I am a sucker for already-slabbed PCGS FS bullion...
    BTW, if you use the mobile site, mobile.apmex.com you supposedly get free shipping...

Hey Proof, you are freakin' brilliant. I just placed my order through my phone and no shipping!!!! image

I have had an Apmex account for more than 5 years, was on the alert me for only about the last month, did not recieve an e-mail but was able to place an order. I bet I get an e-mail from them today. I assume I got through due to being a "long time" customer, but funny thing this is only my second order with them. >>

I just got my email (about 1 minute ago), so they are slow in being received by some folks....you will likely get the email if you were able to order....
    This could also be why the "Alert" was taken down on their site in the last week....they didn't want to add more folks as they had this planned.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    got my email, bought it from the mobile site, no shipping...SOMEBODY STOP MEEEEEEE!!!!!
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
    As soon as I try to proceed to step 3 of ordering, I get "We are sorry, your Customer ID was not selected to be eligible to purchase one of these items.
    (#59810) 2010 5 oz Silver ATB 5-Coin Set PCGS BU or Better (May 13th)
    These items have been removed from your cart."

4 months on the damn Alert Me list waiting for this and it degenerates into a case where I didn't received the coveted email (golden ticket). Did they put everyone's name into a virtual hat and pick randomly to determine who got blessed and who got the shaft? I've already removed myself from their mailing list. I'm so irritated at APMEX right now...
    I think I answered my own question. Right off the APMEX web page offering this set:

*Please Note: The supply of this product is extremely limited. Therefore, in order to be fair to all customers who wish to purchase a set, APMEX has implemented a pre-registration and lottery type system to identify specific customers eligible to purchase the 2010 ATB coins from APMEX. Only the lottery winners will receive the email from APMEX with the offering and will be entitled to order one set of these coins.

So it's possible people who got on the Alert Me list 2 weeks ago received emails and those on 4 months or longer, like me, got the middle finger.

<< <i>I think I answered my own question. Right off the APMEX web page offering this set:

*Please Note: The supply of this product is extremely limited. Therefore, in order to be fair to all customers who wish to purchase a set, APMEX has implemented a pre-registration and lottery type system to identify specific customers eligible to purchase the 2010 ATB coins from APMEX. Only the lottery winners will receive the email from APMEX with the offering and will be entitled to order one set of these coins.

So it's possible people who got on the Alert Me list 2 weeks ago received emails and those on 4 months or longer, like me, got the middle finger. >>

That doesn't seem quite right to me.

The whole thing has been mismanaged. Ultimately, they probably had to change their gameplan after the cert news. They should have just done a wide and fair sale at the beginning. The initial orders were well packaged. Why spend the time/money to slab the rest? Smells fishy to me....

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I just called APMEX and was told that if you didn't receive an email from them you are not eligible to purchase a set. >>

I didn't get an e-mail but was able to order a set. >>

This guy must not be telling the truth then. >>

Just got the e-mail just ordered before it got here I guess he told the truth

<< <i>

<< <i> ....... >>

That doesn't seem quite right to me.

The whole thing has been mismanaged. Ultimately, they probably had to change their gameplan after the cert news. They should have just done a wide and fair sale at the beginning. The initial orders were well packaged. Why spend the time/money to slab the rest? Smells fishy to me.... >>

Only one reason for APMEX to slab these - to remove the high graded coins.

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>I'll wait to contact the Mint until after I can get a response from APMEX tomorrow.

I have the acting Mint Director's name: Andrew Brunhart. He was the former deputy director (#2 in charge)

If APMEX says they are sold out, the mint hq will definitely hear from me tomorrow and I hope hear from some of you out there, too. >>

I think Brunhart left the mint for the BEP right after Moy left.
    John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2523 sets left. I am not one of the selected few...
    Hey, has anyone successfully wired Dillon Gage in the last few days? I wired and faxed the order Monday, and this morning I find the money back in my account. WTF?! No response to my email yet. Maybe the fax failed.

On top of this my MO to JH is one of the missing 25.

Guys, we have entered the puck twilight zone.

The puck gods are angry image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, has anyone successfully wired Dillon Gage in the last few days? I wired and faxed the order Monday, and this morning I find the money back in my account. WTF?! No response to my email yet. Maybe the fax failed.

Guys, we have entered the puck twilight zone. >>

I wired DG my funds on Monday... they have not been returned to my account. I just emailed them for confirmation of receipt. Will let you know.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else send their $$ to Prudential today? On my way to the PO for one final set, ( Little voice inside head says this is the end of puck madness ). Lots of hoops but worth it imho.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I wired my money Monday morning and received a confirmation email from them today. It showed an shipping invoice and number.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know...sitting on step 4 of 4 waiting to confirm order with Apmex. Didn't receive their e-mail but am registered with them and had an alert request. Just can't decide if I want to give them my business. >>

Me too!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>I am a sucker for already-slabbed PCGS FS bullion...

I have had an Apmex account for more than 5 years, was on the alert me for only about the last month, did not recieve an e-mail but was able to place an order. I bet I get an e-mail from them today. I assume I got through due to being a "long time" customer, but funny thing this is only my second order with them. >>

I can't seem to find them on the mobile site. How did u do it? Maybe they are wiser now and blocked it on the mobile site.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey, has anyone successfully wired Dillon Gage in the last few days? I wired and faxed the order Monday, and this morning I find the money back in my account. WTF?! No response to my email yet. Maybe the fax failed.

I'll update if I can sent 2 wires yesterday...

• << <i>Hey, has anyone successfully wired Dillon Gage in the last few days? I wired and faxed the order Monday, and this morning I find the money back in my account. WTF?! No response to my email yet. Maybe the fax failed.

My wire cleared 4-12-11......received confirmation from DG today 4-13
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...back in December I registered six distinct e-mail accounts under six names with APMEX and at the time received six different confirmation e-mails.

So today, as a test, having received not a single e-mail, I tried to place orders using all six...and got rejected six times. So something was rotten in Denmark with their "random" selection process.

But that's OK...because as I've said previously, I'm keeping my powder dry for the special Mint version.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody else send their $$ to Prudential today? On my way to the PO for one final set, ( Little voice inside head says this is the end of puck madness ). Lots of hoops but worth it imho. >>

Sent mine out this morning, regular mail.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    It should be about time for the picture of the fat lady singing.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Received the email and just ordered my set from APMEX. Below spot an added plus.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody else send their $$ to Prudential today? On my way to the PO for one final set, ( Little voice inside head says this is the end of puck madness ). Lots of hoops but worth it imho. >>

Sent mine out this morning, regular mail. >>

Sent today, Express from the West Coast. If I was East Coast I'd do regular mail.

• Okay, just got my e-mail notification from Apmex. That explains why I was allowed to order 3 hours ago. I am sure it has been stated but their lottery was 3500 draws for 3100 sets according to the e-mail.
  • JHCB was to deliver FEDX on saturday ..no show waited monday...no-show called tues on truck for delivery had to leave for 1 hour checked pm email unable to deliver try again wednesday 3:50 still no-show tired of waiting
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well...back in December I registered six distinct e-mail accounts under six names with APMEX and at the time received six different confirmation e-mails.

So today, as a test, having received not a single e-mail, I tried to place orders using all six...and got rejected six times. So something was rotten in Denmark with their "random" selection process.

But that's OK...because as I've said previously, I'm keeping my powder dry for the special Mint version. >>

I was on their list and was able to place an order.

Uhhh, I suspect APMEX will have the same problem as DG did. Lots of cancellations.

I suspect they will open it up to others soon.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>Okay, just got my e-mail notification from Apmex. That explains why I was allowed to order 3 hours ago. I am sure it has been stated but their lottery was 3500 draws for 3100 sets according to the e-mail. >>

I'll bet they don't get enough orders this first go around.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>JHCB was to deliver FEDX on saturday ..no show waited monday...no-show called tues on truck for delivery had to leave for 1 hour checked pm email unable to deliver try again wednesday 3:50 still no-show tired of waiting >>

FedEx Home Delivery doesn't deliver on Monday. You can have it delivered for pickup at a FedEx Office (previously known as Kinko's) if it's more convenient. That's what I did with my JHCB.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    Got the Apmex email. Guess I won their lottery. This makes set number 8. This one will remain sealed like my Amark set. I need some serious help. I just couldn't say no.

<< <i>

<< <i>Okay, just got my e-mail notification from Apmex. That explains why I was allowed to order 3 hours ago. I am sure it has been stated but their lottery was 3500 draws for 3100 sets according to the e-mail. >>

I'll bet they don't get enough orders this first go around. >>

MsM - you, me and 7of9 all sent emails to APMEX last night questioning why our alerts were cancelled. Today we could order. Is that a coincidence? Has anyone that sent them an email last night been blocked from ordering? Sometimes it pays to complain.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got the Apmex email. Guess I won their lottery. This makes set number 8. This one will remain sealed like my Amark set. I need some serious help. I just couldn't say no. >>

Good call Collector! Also, good idea to leave it sealed like the A-Marks, as they are already "graded" and it just adds to the allure.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious if my APMEX status has anything to do with why I won the lottery. I was recently notified that I earned an APMEX Gold Club Membership due to my extensive ordering in prior years (love the popcorn tins!). Anyone else have status or not-have status that got emails and/or successfully ordered?
    I am a no status person.
    never ordered any other product previously from APMEX.

got the e-mail.

*sigh*
    I free shipping by using the mobile site kicked me over the edge (used my CC though).
    I just bought it.

• I'm in with the rest of you slugs on my order to APMEX. image I have bought from them before but not huge amounts and no popcorn tin!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow is all I can say funny how so many of us were never going to buy from them again, and than pop a special invite for silver for below melt am I upset I didn''t get the invite?image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>Wow is all I can say funny how so many of us were never going to buy from them again, and than pop a special invite for silver for below melt am I upset I didn''t get the invite?image >>

Yes I'm a slug tommy. Swore I wouldn't do it.......then bang........off goes the check. Its not my fault. I'm addicted to Silver ATB's. Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think its terrible to be holding 200 extra ounces of silver in these times image
  • 4 days waiting on fedex since they called and said be there.Been here all day again checked web page unable to deliver no one home. Guess Ill try for day 5 called and tried to explain to fedex hope it worked. Thanks
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    I only bought one item from APMEX and it was a regular bullion 1/10 2008 platinum for $248 in 08. Ouch.

<< <i>Wow is all I can say funny how so many of us were never going to buy from them again, and than pop a special invite for silver for below melt am I upset I didn''t get the invite?image >>

I was willing to wait until today to see what they did with their remaining sets.

It looks like they actually are going to be a good guy.

So, no mint contact about APMEX from me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file