Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 sealed A-Mark sets and you gradings guys are making it tough on me not to open and submit!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing much benefit to keep it sealed at this point, no first strike incentive. The sealed boxes are selling buy it now for no more than $1699, and getting one MS 69 would make you more money than that.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>I have 2 sealed A-Mark sets and you gradings guys are making it tough on me not to open and submit! >>

Your chance of getting a 69 or two is pretty good. But sealed boxes Amarks will probably always go for a nice premium. When you consider the ease of selling sealed boxes and not having to jump through the grading hoops, I don't think you can go wrong either way!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone try to order from MTB lately?

Because as of 3/1 we appear to have reached a milestone:

Silver content in purchase from MTB (before shipping and commission): $34.40/oz.....w/commission shipping: $37.20

Spot price of silver: $34.45/oz.

If buying 25 oz of silver from APMEX in 2011 ASEs (check or wire before shipping): $38.83/oz >>

Yeah, actually, I called MTB this morning and was "denied". Call back next week I was told. Was told that MTB is waiting for a mint decision, as the price of silver is up.

I thought MTB bought at a lower price last year, was directed by the mint to sell @ 10% over cost + reasonable ship / handling.

I'm confused. image Are we in for a pricing change on remaining ATB pucks yet unsold?
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone try to order from MTB lately?

Because as of 3/1 we appear to have reached a milestone:

Silver content in purchase from MTB (before shipping and commission): $34.40/oz.....w/commission shipping: $37.20

Spot price of silver: $34.45/oz.

If buying 25 oz of silver from APMEX in 2011 ASEs (check or wire before shipping): $38.83/oz >>

Yeah, actually, I called MTB this morning and was "denied". Call back next week I was told. Was told that MTB is waiting for a mint decision, as the price of silver is up.

I thought MTB bought at a lower price last year, was directed by the mint to sell @ 10% over cost + reasonable ship / handling.

I'm confused. image Are we in for a pricing change on remaining ATB pucks yet unsold? >>

I was basing my numbers from my MTB purchase made a few weeks ago (have not received yet).

As of now, they cannot sell at prices that follow spot prices--which is why my 14-day-old numbers are still relevant. This is a rule from the Mint (they are stuck to that $29.xx/oz + $9.75 a coin +10%).

But they can wait. Interesting they told you that they are waiting for a Mint decision. I suspect that the remaining APs are waiting for to see if they can squeeze a little more profit out of each set.

So yeah, it looks like we could be in for a pricing change if the APs get their way.....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got some PCGS grades! Beers are on me!!image

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 19347159 506590 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    2 1 19347160 506578 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    3 1 19347161 505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    4 1 19347162 506583 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69DM
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭
    NGC MS69's only going for about $500 each.

That's about the same price as the first raw sets from Apmex.

If you got one of the first apmex sets, graded them and still hold them, you've gained nothing.

I think the whole PL thing has crashed the ms69 market. MS69 is no longer the King demanding the most $$$.

THere's a new king in town and his initials are DMPL and the queen in PL.

• Just got my PCGS grades from my A-Mark coins. Glad I decided not to send them to NGC. The ones I just sent from FT I believe are better.

2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM

WOW!!!!

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not seeing much benefit to keep it sealed at this point, no first strike incentive. The sealed boxes are selling buy it now for no more than $1699, and getting one MS 69 would make you more money than that. >>

:
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    My PCGS grades are here too... did I hit the jackpot?

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    My PCGS grades are here too... did I hit the jackpot?

wow, I'd say so. I've accumulated 9 raw sets, and have been on the fence about whether to submit or sell as is. Seems like the raw price from MCM is about $1500 per set, which is a decent profit. Submitting for grading is a time-consuming process, and a commitment of additional funds for S&I plus submission fees.

If you get a bunch of 69s, it definitely makes it worth it.

Dan
    I'm seeing a crash in the PL market in 3...2...1. It's only a matter of time before the first grading company decides to give the first 70 as well.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm seeing a crash in the PL market in 3...2...1. It's only a matter of time before the first grading company decides to give the first 70 as well. >>

A 70 DMPL! Oh La La. The market will shift again, you are right. Look how the raw and sealed market has evolved.

In the end, I believe the Sealed, A-Mark and APMEX in particular, will best maintain or steadily increase their levels. After all, you can't cherry-pick sealed.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Ok. so I know DM = Deep Mirror. and PL = Proof like. and DMPL = Dimple. (lol. just playing.)

What is the difference between the 2? Why would something have a DM grade but not be PL?
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<What is the difference between the 2? >>

About $500 bucks!

• << <i><<What is the difference between the 2? >>

About $500 bucks!

image >>

LoL. That doesn't help!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭
    So PCGS is opening the flood gates on the PL and DMs and NGC it looks like they have closed theirs.

• << <i>My PCGS grades are here too... did I hit the jackpot?

wow, I'd say so. I've accumulated 9 raw sets, and have been on the fence about whether to submit or sell as is. Seems like the raw price from MCM is about $1500 per set, which is a decent profit. Submitting for grading is a time-consuming process, and a commitment of additional funds for S&I plus submission fees.

If you get a bunch of 69s, it definitely makes it worth it. >>

If you look at MCM on the buy/sell/trade page they went from 6 price ranges to now only buying unopened sets...looks like the common feeling is that most sets are outside of the AP's now and not much left that has not been picked.

I sold two sets to them yesterday, one Apmex and one MTB, neither picked...gave up some very nice coins. Just happy to have a third set to keep (currently raw) at net zero cost to me! image

No fleabay fees, grumpy buyers, etc...
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grades came...3 MS69PL's, 68DM, 68PL.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So PCGS is opening the flood gates on the PL and DMs and NGC it looks like they have closed theirs. >>

NGC just lost loads of future puck submisson business with that dumass move.image

• << <i>My PCGS grades are here too... did I hit the jackpot?

If you get a bunch of 69s, it definitely makes it worth it. >>

(sorry if this double posts, my first try seems to have gone missing...like some the the AP's coins!)

Edit - yes it did double post so deleted the rest.

<< <i>My grades came...3 MS69PL's, 68DM, 68PL. >>

When were they received at PCGS? My (amark) puck submisson was received on 2/9/11.
  • Did all those 69`s come from 1 set or did you cherry pick several, Nice going have 3set at PCGS now hope I do as well. Also glad to see the PL`s and DMPL`s popping up. Just like vegas just have a slow dealer.

• << <i>My grades came...3 MS69PL's, 68DM, 68PL. >>

Jesus they are handing these grades out like candy. PL and DM ain't going to mean much when practically all the coins are getting it. This just gets stupidier by the minute.
  • where was your set from??
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My grades came...3 MS69PL's, 68DM, 68PL. >>

Jesus they are handing these grades out like candy. PL and DM ain't going to mean much when practically all the coins are getting it. This just gets stupidier by the minute. >>

I was just thinking the same thing. MS69's will be cheap without DM or PL.

Joe
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my grades. This is an a-mark regrade set, 'received' by PCGS 2-7 under 'regular' service level:

I just sent them all, no cherrypicking. I have 2 more sets awaiting grades.
    Anyone who paid for express and got their grades today should ask for $20/coin back.
    After seeing these numbers what are peoples opinions on PCGS regrading them? It almost seems like every coin graded before the PL change is extremely wrong and useless, requiring a resubmission of all coins and another $250.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did all those 69`s come from 1 set or did you cherry pick several, Nice going have 3set at PCGS now hope I do as well. Also glad to see the PL`s and DMPL`s popping up. Just like vegas just have a slow dealer. >>

Mine was a single set from A-Mark.... four MS69PL & one MS69 image

Have 2 more A-Mark sets in for grading at PCGS as well.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
    My PCGS grades just in:

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 19111171 505103 2010 25C Grand Canyon NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69
    2 1 19111172 506579 2010 25C Hot Springs NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68DM
    3 1 19111173 506582 2010 25C Mount Hood NP - 5 oz Silver US MS69PL
    4 1 19111174 506586 2010 25C Yellowstone NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL
    5 1 19111175 506590 2010 25C Yosemite NP - 5 oz Silver US MS68PL

• << <i>

<< <i>I have 2 sealed A-Mark sets and you gradings guys are making it tough on me not to open and submit! >>

Your chance of getting a 69 or two is pretty good. But sealed boxes Amarks will probably always go for a nice premium. When you consider the ease of selling sealed boxes and not having to jump through the grading hoops, I don't think you can go wrong either way! >>

No problems with selling sealed boxes to reputable companies like MCM or Wondercoin, but doing it on Ebay can really burn you if you run into the crooks out there. They can claim the box was empty, they can switch the coins and send back by claiming the holders arrived damaged, they can say only 4 coins came in the box, etc. etc.. Selling any higher priced items on Ebay involves some risk, but selling unopened boxes on Ebay is a little too scary for me.
    It is looking like more than 80% of all ATB's are being graded PL or DMPL of any grade. Look at this shared order, only one not PL.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you were to pick one keeper, would you pick the 68DM or the 69PL?

• << <i>It is looking like more than 80% of all ATB's are being graded PL or DMPL of any grade. Look at this shared order, only one not PL. >>

Yikes, looks like the only kings will be 69DMPL. I am thinking that the sandblasted 2010 P ATBs will to be less attractive than the bullion DMPLs and the prices for the bullion 69DMPLs and PLs will reflect that at the end of 2011. I am holding all of my coins. I see no reason to sell an ungraded set for $1500 with the price of silver going up and a good possibility of a rise in the prices for the bullion ATBs after the Ebay flood is over. All the people that bought these coins for $1500 and up will not be selling them for less unless they really need the money.
  • coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    people should be stating which AP their coins came from when posting the grades. very helpful to know.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • I have 2 A-Marks and 1 Gold center at pcgs now. Had an A-Mark from my daughter as a gift delivered today but could`t pick up because the baby is sleeping sure need to see some pucks, been puckless for 2 weeks now she better wake up soon.

• << <i>So if you were to pick one keeper, would you pick the 68DM or the 69PL? >>

I would keep the 69PL
  • ResRes Posts: 1,086
    My grades just popped. Direct from Apmex, no mixing/matching Got DMPL on all, but I'm a little disappointed with the 66
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread the biggest, in terms of posts, ever?

• << <i>

<< <i>So if you were to pick one keeper, would you pick the 68DM or the 69PL? >>

I would keep the 69PL >>

What is the difference between deep mirror and prooflike?
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this thread the biggest, in terms of posts, ever?

image >>

Not yet........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>Is this thread the biggest, in terms of posts, ever? >>

It has been a great thread jessewvu. Thanks for starting this threadimage I am still riding the puck wave.
    Apparently all the coins are now PL and a DMPL would be the one that looks a little different than most image

<< <i>It is looking like more than 80% of all ATB's are being graded PL or DMPL of any grade. Look at this shared order, only one not PL. >>

That's not how I'd look at it. Most PCGS submitters are experienced and only submit the best of the best. What you are seeing are cherrypicked coins that are deserving of these grades. Just because this thread is full of amateur flippers it doesn't mean the shared orders you are seeing are going to be typical grades for many new submitters. I'd bet in the coming weeks you will see some bad grades posted due to new flippers sending sub par coins in hopes of good grades. PCGS has never been easy on moderns and if you send them crap you will get crap grades!!!
  • ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>

<< <i>It is looking like more than 80% of all ATB's are being graded PL or DMPL of any grade. Look at this shared order, only one not PL. >>

That's not how I'd look at it. Most PCGS submitters are experienced and only submit the best of the best. What you are seeing are cherrypicked coins that are deserving of these grades. Just because this thread is full of amateur flippers it doesn't mean the shared orders you are seeing are going to be typical grades for many new submitters. I'd bet in the coming weeks you will see some bad grades posted due to new flippers sending sub par coins in hopes of good grades. PCGS has never been easy on moderns and if you send them crap you will get crap grades!!! >>

Would you say a 66 DMPL is a bad grade?

<< <i>

That's not how I'd look at it. Most PCGS submitters are experienced and only submit the best of the best. What you are seeing are cherrypicked coins that are deserving of these grades. Just because this thread is full of amateur flippers it doesn't mean the shared orders you are seeing are going to be typical grades for many new submitters. I'd bet in the coming weeks you will see some bad grades posted due to new flippers sending sub par coins in hopes of good grades. PCGS has never been easy on moderns and if you send them crap you will get crap grades!!! >>

I based my statement mostly on the people who posted their grades here and said they were not cherry picked, but okay...

<< <i>Is this thread the biggest, in terms of posts, ever?

image >>

Since you started this massive bandwidth monster I'd expect a bill in the mail from PCGS soonimage

This may go down as the biggest ever! Congrats and thanks for starting it!! I bet 15k posts is a possibility when it's all said and done.
  • coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

<< <i>

<< <i>

Would you say a 66 DMPL is a bad grade? >>

when you consider the size of these and the fact that they were shipped to the AP`s in tubes and handled multiple times an MS66 is a good grade. i have an A mark and a fidetitrade set there now. there was one coin i suspect will grade 66 or possibly lower because of obverse scratches.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i>This may go down as the biggest ever! Congrats and thanks for starting it!! I bet 15k posts is a possibility when it's all said and done. >>

Jack Hunt and Coins 'N Things haven't even sold their allotments yet. image
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file