Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>How's everyone else's COIN COLLECTING going? >>

Having a heck of a time finding a nice, original $2.50 liberty gold piece... >>

Just thought I'd help ya out. image click the link.

Link
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>How's everyone else's COIN COLLECTING going? >>

Having a heck of a time finding a nice, original $2.50 liberty gold piece... >>

Just thought I'd help ya out. image click the link.

Link >>

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I really believe that ebay is becoming an infestation of buyers that know they have all the rights. Its a real shame >>

I agree.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As do I.

That about sums it up.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

• << <i>Would it be against the rules here to create a thread to post blocked ebayer lists? >>

Wow....I just counted the number of buyers on my blocked seller list....

....204....image

Kinda says a lot about Ebay right there.....
  • Here's some morning reading about ATB prices:

Prices
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Would it be against the rules here to create a thread to post blocked ebayer lists? >>

....204....image

Kinda says a lot about Ebay right there..... >>

Would it be wrong of you to share the list so we all can avoid them? image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

• << <i>

<< <i>Would it be against the rules here to create a thread to post blocked ebayer lists? >>

....204....image

I think a list of buyers who backed out of sales on eBay would be very very helpful to the coin community, as long as the list is free of defamation. Maybe it could be posted as an attachment txt or Zip file? I would love a copy of the list, if it can't be posted here.
  • Looks like First Federal got their hands on 2,500 coins/ 500 sets. Wonder which AP made this deal. I tried to create the link, but in case it didn't work here's the website.

http://www.1stfederalcoin.com/

ATB Offer

Edited to add $795 per coin

• << <i>Looks like First Federal got their hands on 2,500 coins/ 500 sets. Wonder which AP made this deal. I tried to create the link, but in case it didn't work here's the website.

ATB Offer

Edited to add $795 per coin >>

I'm not seeing anything about the ATB sets. Is there a different link or am I just not seeing it?
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any chance we can change the title of this thread to more accurately describe the general nature of 5oz ATB rounds rather than just APMEX?
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    From the article about ATB Pricing.

Uncertified sets of five America the Beautiful coins are selling on eBay in the $2,300 to $2,570 range, and they are trading wholesale at the $1,900 to $2,000 level.

This is wrong. Raw sets are selling in the $1500-1600 range lately.

• << <i>

<< <i>Looks like First Federal got their hands on 2,500 coins/ 500 sets. Wonder which AP made this deal. I tried to create the link, but in case it didn't work here's the website.

ATB Offer

I'm not seeing anything about the ATB sets. Is there a different link or am I just not seeing it? >>

They are only selling them by the coin. If you click on the order now link on the right-hand side you'll get to the order form. Doesn't look like you can even select the design.

Based on the order form they're located in Minnesota.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Some of First Federal's statements about bullion investing are not true.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like First Federal got their hands on 2,500 coins/ 500 sets. Wonder which AP made this deal. I tried to create the link, but in case it didn't work here's the website.

ATB Offer

The AP probably made out like a bandit. 1stfed probably paid $1500+ a set and now they will be stuck with them....

• << <i>

<< <i>

....204....image

I think a list of buyers who backed out of sales on eBay would be very very helpful to the coin community, as long as the list is free of defamation. Maybe it could be posted as an attachment txt or Zip file? I would love a copy of the list, if it can't be posted here. >>

Maybe we should start burning some books as well =)

Such a list can not be posted as it is impossible to verify if the experiences are true or not. PCGS would be opening itself up to law suits for defamation IMO. Or law suits from EBay directly.

As well, a few well placed posts for example on bad Ebay buyers could push people to the auction houses. I wonder if any on this board are affiliated with any auction houses.....hmmmm.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

....204....image

I think a list of buyers who backed out of sales on eBay would be very very helpful to the coin community, as long as the list is free of defamation. Maybe it could be posted as an attachment txt or Zip file? I would love a copy of the list, if it can't be posted here. >>

Maybe we should start burning some books as well =)

Such a list can not be posted as it is impossible to verify if the experiences are true or not. PCGS would be opening itself up to law suits for defamation IMO. Or law suits from EBay directly.

As well, a few well placed posts for example on bad Ebay buyers could push people to the auction houses. I wonder if any on this board are affiliated with any auction houses.....hmmmm. >>

That is why I said it can not be anything other than a list. No defamation, just a list of blocked eBay folks, no reasons given. You may take it or leave it. I personally would love to have a list of eBayer's that are blocked by users of this board.

• << <i> That is why I said it can not be anything other than a list. No defamation, just a list of blocked eBay folks, no reasons given. You may take it or leave it. I personally would love to have a list of eBayer's that are blocked by users of this board. >>

Do you sell a lot on Ebay??
  • My order # from AMark was 25xx and I still haven't received my set nor any shipping info from AMark.
    Is it normal or am I the only one?
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86

<< <i>

ATB Offer

The AP probably made out like a bandit. 1stfed probably paid $1500+ a set and now they will be stuck with them.... >>

Of course The Mint could care less...
    Well guys, I'm sure hoping that I'm not 3/3 in bad Ebay luck for my past three auctions....

My mother-in-law asked me to sell her A Mark set. I listed it, quickly got bidders and sold it via a three day auction. It ended around 10 EST last night. The buyer is a coin dealer with over 20K pos. feedbacks, who has bought many sets. That said, no payment yet. They've clearly been on Ebay since the sale as they've left feedback for others today. Hoping for the best.

• << <i>

<< <i> That is why I said it can not be anything other than a list. No defamation, just a list of blocked eBay folks, no reasons given. You may take it or leave it. I personally would love to have a list of eBayer's that are blocked by users of this board. >>

Do you sell a lot on Ebay?? >>

I sell about 2-3 items every four years (usually the same day), so not really. But I buy quite a bit.

I do I like to be prepared though, and if I ever have to unload a bunch of coins on eBay, it would be nice to have the known scammers blocked already.

I am sure that someone has done this somewhere right?

• << <i>Well guys, I'm sure hoping that I'm not 3/3 in bad Ebay luck for my past three auctions....

My mother-in-law asked me to sell her A Mark set. I listed it, quickly got bidders and sold it via a three day auction. It ended around 10 EST last night. The buyer is a coin dealer with over 20K pos. feedbacks, who has bought many sets. That said, no payment yet. They've clearly been on Ebay since the sale as they've left feedback for others today. Hoping for the best. >>

Send them a friendly reminder email, and make it look automated so you don't look so "itchy." Good luck.....
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>My order # from AMark was 25xx and I still haven't received my set nor any shipping info from AMark.
    Is it normal or am I the only one? >>

I'm in the same boat. Order number 25xx and I have heard nothing on shipping yet. That is to a street address, not a PO box.

<< <i>

<< <i>Well guys, I'm sure hoping that I'm not 3/3 in bad Ebay luck for my past three auctions....

My mother-in-law asked me to sell her A Mark set. I listed it, quickly got bidders and sold it via a three day auction. It ended around 10 EST last night. The buyer is a coin dealer with over 20K pos. feedbacks, who has bought many sets. That said, no payment yet. They've clearly been on Ebay since the sale as they've left feedback for others today. Hoping for the best. >>

Send them a friendly reminder email, and make it look automated so you don't look so "itchy." Good luck..... >>

That's what I did. I pay immediately on auctions. If I have a best offer out I check frequently. Being a big outfit I was thinking that they may have bought via a sniper program as the winning bid was just about 4 seconds from close. Nonetheless, it's been 15 hours, they've been on Ebay to leave FB for customers and no payment. Coming after two non-paying buyers for another item this is getting old.

• << <i>Well guys, I'm sure hoping that I'm not 3/3 in bad Ebay luck for my past three auctions....

Ending at 10pm yesterday...the dude could be at work ( I know...coin dealer but he could still have a normal job) . I give auctions 3 days to pay and then I send an invoice (Ebay sends one right after the auction). Some have to wait until payday to to have funds transferred into their PP account. I don't think it's a biggie.......yet

• << <i>I sell about 2-3 items every four years (usually the same day), so not really. >>

Then it's probably not an issue to lose sleep over
    Yes, not too worried (but am some). This looks to be a big operation and this looks to be his business. If it were another item I wouldn't sweat it for a few days. Being that the market declines as we speak, waitiing four days can be quite costly w/these if there is no payment in the end.
  • .....BIG NEWS !!!!! BIG NEWS !!!!!!

i have some news i was just at SILVERTOWNE and was taken to the back room to do a deal and looked over and saw a huge stack of ngc and pcgs slabbed sets there were tons of 69s ...i had made a comment to him man u guys have a ton of sets im guessing i saw 1000 sets ....he said ahh thats nothing we have tons more we got most of what was produced from alot of the distributors ...i knew they had 300 set before but know who knows he was talking like the had at least 75% of the sets .....something fishy going on as i know for a fact i saw more sets of 69's than are even reported by a ton....man i almost pulled out my camera phone but i didnt want to get in trouble ...this is huge...
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.....BIG NEWS !!!!! BIG NEWS !!!!!!

i have some news i was just at SILVERTOWNE and was taken to the back room to do a deal and looked over and saw a huge stack of ngc and pcgs slabbed sets there were tons of 69s ...i had made a comment to him man u guys have a ton of sets im guessing i saw 1000 sets ....he said ahh thats nothing we have tons more we got most of what was produced from alot of the distributors ...i knew they had 300 set before but know who knows he was talking like the had at least 75% of the sets .....something fishy going on as i know for a fact i saw more sets of 69's than are even reported by a ton....man i almost pulled out my camera phone but i didnt want to get in trouble ...this is huge... >>

How is it that the pop reports aren't reflecting "huge" numbers?

• << <i>.....BIG NEWS !!!!! BIG NEWS !!!!!!

i have some news i was just at SILVERTOWNE and was taken to the back room to do a deal and looked over and saw a huge stack of ngc and pcgs slabbed sets there were tons of 69s ...i had made a comment to him man u guys have a ton of sets im guessing i saw 1000 sets ....he said ahh thats nothing we have tons more we cont most of what was produced from alot of the distributors ...i knew they had 300 set before but know who knows he was talking like the had at least 75% of the sets .....something fishy going on as i know for a fact i saw more sets of 69's than are even reported by a ton....man i almost pulled out my camera phone but i didnt want to get in trouble ...this is huge... >>

That's ridiculous. Not that it's going to do much good, but I'd call the Mint.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, not too worried (but am some). This looks to be a big operation and this looks to be his business. If it were another item I wouldn't sweat it for a few days. Being that the market declines as we speak, waitiing four days can be quite costly w/these if there is no payment in the end. >>

I think you're over-reacting, most especially since his feedback is fine. The buyer may deliberately be waiting an extra day or so, for any of various reasons. He might be expecting his paypal balance to be soon increased to cover the amount. Or he might need to pay down his credit card before he can charge anything more.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

i have some news i was just at SILVERTOWNE and was taken to the back room to do a deal and looked over and saw a huge stack of ngc and pcgs slabbed sets there were tons of 69s ...i had made a comment to him man u guys have a ton of sets im guessing i saw 1000 sets ....he said ahh thats nothing we have tons more we got most of what was produced from alot of the distributors ...i knew they had 300 set before but know who knows he was talking like the had at least 75% of the sets .....something fishy going on as i know for a fact i saw more sets of 69's than are even reported by a ton....man i almost pulled out my camera phone but i didnt want to get in trouble ...this is huge... >>

How is it that the pop reports aren't reflecting "huge" numbers? >>

Cuz he's making them up in a futile attempt to lower prices, I'm guessing.

-Paul
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, not too worried (but am some). This looks to be a big operation and this looks to be his business. If it were another item I wouldn't sweat it for a few days. Being that the market declines as we speak, waitiing four days can be quite costly w/these if there is no payment in the end. >>

I'd be patient. The guy's probably busy.

I invoice once every day, btw.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you feel it within your right to discuss another man's business in public?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

and you don't want to tell this to the mint?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • I just have to vent for a second here, so you all can share my frustration (and to document this BS for everyone).

I signed up for Gillon Gage's name/number/email wait list back in December, maybe on the 10th? I know they had just started talking names, it was early in the process.

They never called, emailed etc... They never changed their website (still says evaluating etc...)

Then, Friday the DG sets started showing up on eBay... so I called them. They told me to call next week and check their "master list."

So, I called today...

The guy tells me "YES" I am on the master list, and I was one of the early names, but that they must have "skipped me" or something, and he is "not sure how they went through the list." and oh...BTW.... they are sold out.....

So, I said, "well what can I do about this?" And he said... "well... nothing"...

So..... I guess they skipped me for another buyer, like HSN, MCM, or some other multi-unit deal that they can charge1500/set for.

I wonder how bad their punishment will be from the US mint.....

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

<< <i>

Why would you feel it within your right to discuss another man's business in public?
    TD >>

(I'm thinking it's chain yanking... shhhh don't tell anyone.)
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing that heads-up! This whole event has been such a corrupt fiasco.

Wonder what would happen to prices if the mint cancelled the series? I know it would take congressional action but..who knows?
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>

I think you're over-reacting, most especially since his feedback is fine. The buyer may deliberately be waiting an extra day or so, for any of various reasons. He might be expecting his paypal balance to be soon increased to cover the amount. Or he might need to pay down his credit card before he can charge anything more. >>

You're likely right. I'm not reacting to him, more running it by you guys (thanks as always for the input!). The past two, consecutive non-paying bidders and the volatile, downward nature of these may have me a little on edge. The two non-paying bidders - esp. the second had thousands of Pos. feedback, but NONE w/coins. Hopefully I'm find w/this guy. Thanks!

On another note, Re: the secondaries with tons of sets, I just think of the Mint public affairs Deputy Director (or whatever he was) in NN or CW saying that "we don't have any evidence of AP violating the agreement....." UFB.
  • hy would i want to lower the price i have 4 sets .....im not bsing anyone believe me or dont i know what i saw .....and what i was told .....when none of the rest of these aps sell any maybe it will all make since they are gone ....im telling u i saw with my eyes over 1000 sets and was told that they have the majority of what was produced ....call silvertowne .....ask for oe of there sales people ....tell them u want to purchse however many sets see if they give up the same info i got i will bt if u call and say u are interested in making a bulk order of sets say 500- 1000 the will say the can cover it ....maybe they wont but im betting they will if you play it right on the phone and dont give to much away that u are testing them
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Whistleblowers make things fair for others.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Privacy is the root of all evil
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Just received an automated call from Fedex for a delivery tomorrow that has to be signed for. Only thing it could be is my Fidelitrade order!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Mint's release hurt or help the resale value of our current sets?

I have a couple sets but might want to flip my fideliltrade set if it ever gets here and I am trying to figure out the best timing.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I called Fidelitrade and my set is shipping today, expected delivery Fri.

• << <i>Will the Mint's release hurt or help the resale value of our current sets?

I have a couple sets but might want to flip my fideliltrade set if it ever gets here and I am trying to figure out the best timing. >>

Different product and should follow a different market...

• << <i>I called Fidelitrade and my set is shipping today, expected delivery Fri. >>

When did your check clear???
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I called Fidelitrade and my set is shipping today, expected delivery Fri. >>

When did your check clear??? >>

Can't remember image I think it was 1/21
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭
    The ONLY possible AP left to sell is Coins and Things.

All the others are done. I think.

Good:
    A-Mark
    Fidelitrade
    MTB

Bad:
    Dillion Gage
    Jack Hunt - anyone call them lately ?
    APmex
    Prudential
    Gold Center.

Maybe 50% were actually offered to the 'public' . Of course, this might have been good for us, the slow trickle has kept the prices high. I think the people on this board got the most out of this release, and those others will be holding the bag.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file