Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>< MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em. 212 981 4550 If you call them they'll take your email address and send you an email to start the ball rolling. I suppose there are some who haven't done the MTB
    thing. >>

image >>

How were they taking payment? >>

The day after AM's IPO they offered me a set and said NOT to send a cashier's check or a wire transfer. Had to send a personal check, which just cleared last Friday.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wish someone could buy this guy a clue! 15k for a mislabeled set image >>

Ya, no kidding, for a couple grand less, they could have this set which is properly labeled PCGS CHOICE BU SETimage >>

That's the type of error which reduces the value rather than enhances it. Who'd want it in their collection?
  • Just called and was told that they were NOT taking orders and to try back in a few days. >>

Called again and was told they were not selling sets. The same guy who hung up before I could ask any questions.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< My MTB coins are out for delivery today via UPS. Had to call MTB again today and speak with Mr Phillips to get confirmation & tracking info. Absolutely no communications from them after they cashed my check. >> Did you have to strong arm them or were they happy to help? I have no communication either after check cashed, but I have not called yet. >>

I just called, too, to get the status of my order. The guy I talked to was not too happy nor friendly. All I got out of him was that my order was shipped on 1/31, but he wouldn't give any tracking info. Maybe it will show up at my gate today?...
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    My MTB set just arrived... the coins do NOT look pretty. Nothing even remotely prooflike, gigantic spot on Washington on one of them. They'll be sold on eBay raw. Won't waste my $ on grading these.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Good grief, I called pretty quick, got the email with pdf for the patriot forms. The guy specifically told me to scan and email back. he also said payment via Fedwire was quicker than a check, which he said has a 17 day hold...Do they know what their doing? Doesn't sound like it...image

• << <i>My MTB set just arrived... the coins do NOT look pretty. Nothing even remotely prooflike, gigantic spot on Washington on one of them. They'll be sold on eBay raw. Won't waste my $ on grading these. >>

Yeah, It makes me wonder if just holding them unopened is the way to go. The potential for good coins seems to be worth more in the long run than a open box of bad coins. I really believe that these coins will look better than the P version and I think that the 2011 mintage will prove these to be key dates. I just don't see a down side to holding if you can afford to. I guess unless you're trying to beat the grading flood.

• << <i>Good grief, I called pretty quick, got the email with pdf for the patriot forms. The guy specifically told me to scan and email back. he also said payment via Fedwire was quicker than a check, which he said has a 17 day hold...Do they know what their doing? Doesn't sound like it...image >>

Ha Ha Ha, lol. I called right away too and the guy told me to just snail mail the forms in with a copy of my DL and a personal check. He gave no opinion that even resembles your conversation. I'm just glad to have another chance. I think i'll send in the personal check and priority mail the forms. Supposedly the MTB sets are getting a slightly better premium than the others. I sure do love this blog, its very entertaining even if my wife hates it. image
  • I just called MTB. Guy said, "try us next Monday."

Being 4 hrs. behind EST sucks. They probably stopped taking calls before I woke up.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    They do, collectively, seem to be the least personable bunch of customer service personnel I've encountered.

However....I did just receive an order confirmation. Obviously, you don't have to be nice to get the job done.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>My MTB set just arrived... the coins do NOT look pretty. Nothing even remotely prooflike, gigantic spot on Washington on one of them. They'll be sold on eBay raw. Won't waste my $ on grading these. >>

Of the three sets I have received they were the most marked up.....A-Mark was the best, APMEX was a distant 2nd and MTB a much further 3rd.

I still think it is totally random though....some have rec'd some poor coins from A-Mark and loved their MTB's........
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My MTB set just arrived... the coins do NOT look pretty. Nothing even remotely prooflike, gigantic spot on Washington on one of them. They'll be sold on eBay raw. Won't waste my $ on grading these. >>

Whoaaa slow down. These are tending to grade better then what people think. I am also pretty sure the spot on Washingtons cheek is fairly common and will not take much away from the grade.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I just talked to a wonderfully helpful gentleman and he said to send all my information and a check to him (regular mail) and he would take care of it for me. Thanks for all the help guys,

• << <i>

<< <i>Yeah, the numismatic versions are supposed to be out during the first quarter of 2011. The Mint's website still lists them as TBA.
    I'd expect for an update soon. >>

Can you send the direct link to the mint website where they are listed as TBA? >>

Still TBA as of 2/7. USM Product Schedule

<< <i>

<< <i>My MTB set just arrived... the coins do NOT look pretty. Nothing even remotely prooflike, gigantic spot on Washington on one of them. They'll be sold on eBay raw. Won't waste my $ on grading these. >>

Whoaaa slow down. These are trending to grade better then what people think. I am also pretty sure the spot on Washingtons cheek is fairly common and will not take much away from the grade. >>

See, guys like you are gonna make me send them in for grading against my better judgment.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • The rep I spoke with at MTB this AM was very helpful. Exchanged emails with Patriot Act Form/ driver's license and rec'd sales confirmation at 1:33 PM Eastern.
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    I finally received my first set today (from amark).

so... open the box? don't open the box?
    Dan
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good grief, I called pretty quick, got the email with pdf for the patriot forms. The guy specifically told me to scan and email back. he also said payment via Fedwire was quicker than a check, which he said has a 17 day hold...Do they know what their doing? Doesn't sound like it...image >>

I did the same thing. They hit me rapid fire on the phone what to do but I thought no problem, I am sure they will send instructions in the email. Nope. I thought they had said something abut faxing back too so I called back. That was a mistake. He practically yelled at me to just send everything in by mail and hung up without an extra syllable. I don't think they know what customer service is there. The only reason I even attempted this is because there were reports of more proof like coins there. Now we are hearing they are no prize. I guess it is luck of the draw.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Good grief, I called pretty quick, got the email with pdf for the patriot forms. The guy specifically told me to scan and email back. he also said payment via Fedwire was quicker than a check, which he said has a 17 day hold...Do they know what their doing? Doesn't sound like it...image >>

I did the same thing. They hit me rapid fire on the phone what to do but I thought no problem, I am sure they will send instructions in the email. Nope. I thought they had said something abut faxing back too so I called back. That was a mistake. He practically yelled at me to just send everything in my mail and hung up without an extra syllable. I don't think they know what customer service is there. >>

They used to be a lot more polite and with thicker skins.

they are getting tired.

Just send the forms. You can't wire money until they have the forms and an account set up.

So, just send a check. I'm willing to bet a cashier's check and personal check will both be held the same amount of time.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>I finally received my first set today (from amark).

so... open the box? don't open the box? >>

depends upon you, not us.

check eBay closed auctions for price differentials if you are going to flip them.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>I just called MTB. Guy said, "try us next Monday."

Being 4 hrs. behind EST sucks. They probably stopped taking calls before I woke up. >>

Just have the butler wake you up a couple of hours earlier.image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    By the way, how much is this MTB set? Thanks Cass
    I seem to recall that for PCGS First Strike designation there is no deadline. Is there one for NGC Early Release?

<< <i>By the way, how much is this MTB set? Thanks Cass >>

$930.00 drive out. Of course if you are in New York there might be a nasty tax. Don't know.

• << <i>I seem to recall that for PCGS First Strike designation there is no deadline. Is there one for NGC Early Release? >>

last i heard it was the 14th of this month
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Amark set. Blue is the sky reflection: I think all the little dots are dust/lint on the outside of the slab.
    I should have wiped them before shooting. They aren't while view with a luope.
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

<< <i>

<< <i>I seem to recall that for PCGS First Strike designation there is no deadline. Is there one for NGC Early Release? >>

last i heard it was the 14th of this month >>

Thats what I thought, but I just spoke with someone over there that said the date had passed.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    kimber45ACP : Cool - Nice Photos!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I seem to recall that for PCGS First Strike designation there is no deadline. Is there one for NGC Early Release? >>

last i heard it was the 14th of this month >>

Thats what I thought, but I just spoke with someone over there that said the date had passed. >>

Nope....Monday the 14th is the deadline. Has to be in their hands by that date...not just postmarked.

I called last Thursday 'cuz the list said "Friday" February 14th. They informed me it was a typo and it would be corrected to "Monday" February 14th
  • check out the description on this auction??? Id like an unopened tube of these suckers!

link

<< <i>By the way, how much is this MTB set? Thanks Cass >>

$930 total all inclusive

<< <i>check out the description on this auction??? Id like an unopened tube of these suckers!

link >>

They must have found the AP that sells one tube per houshold.image
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>check out the description on this auction??? Id like an unopened tube of these suckers! link >>

As far as I understand the mint's packing, the pucks come in tubes of 10 for each design; that is, if this guy ain't lying, he's got to have 5 tubes of pucks, one for each design. Doubtful to say the least...

And what the heck is a Chriatian ministry???
    And what the heck is a Chriatian ministry??? >>

Must be that place over there near Yugoslavia.image I hear that have a real problem with typos there.
    My mtb experience today...I called, lady took my email and said she'd send the forms. After I hung up I realized I screwed up the email address I gave her so I used the form from the email the first go-round and faxed/emailed it in. Few minutes later someone emailed me asking who took my order. I didn't know but I did inform him of the email screwup. A few minutes later I got the confirmation along with a page giving instructions for wiring the money...no mention of checks or whatever. I wired money and now wait 4 weeks.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>

<< <i>check out the description on this auction??? Id like an unopened tube of these suckers! link >>

As far as I understand the mint's packing, the pucks come in tubes of 10 for each design; that is, if this guy ain't lying, he's got to have 5 tubes of pucks, one for each design. Doubtful to say the least...

Highly suspicious to say the least. Its just one more example of how screwed up this release really is. I'm actually looking forward to just buying a set for 2011 without all the hassle and temptation to flip.

<< <i>My mtb experience today...I called, lady took my email and said she'd send the forms. After I hung up I realized I screwed up the email address I gave her so I used the form from the email the first go-round and faxed/emailed it in. Few minutes later someone emailed me asking who took my order. I didn't know but I did inform him of the email screwup. A few minutes later I got the confirmation along with a page giving instructions for wiring the money...no mention of checks or whatever. I wired money and now wait 4 weeks. >>

did you put the account number in the wire info?

• << <i>check out the description on this auction??? Id like an unopened tube of these suckers!

link >>

A few red flags here....

*Not from the Springfield, Il area where a lot of the "good ole boy" sales occurred

*Low level seller...mostly golf balls and equipment

*Coins were packaged 10 to a Mint roll (one design per roll) so if this guy traded in all his golf balls and bought 5 rolls of pucks I guess he could sell sets "from the original roll"

*Can't spell/grammar sucks..." All net profits from these sales is being donated to a Chriatian ministry for the work of the Kingdom."

.....and...if I had 5 friggin rolls of these you could be certain I would put a picture of the rolls in the auction

• << <i>

Being 4 hrs. behind EST sucks. They probably stopped taking calls before I woke up. >>

Just have the butler wake you up a couple of hours earlier.image >>

There is a butler this morning in search of new work.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Highly suspicious to say the least. Its just one more example of how screwed up this release really is. I'm actually looking forward to just buying a set for 2011 without all the hassle and temptation to flip. >>

Seller has seven sets total listed - 7 sets

Seller should have included in his auction a pic of the five tubes that his coins have never been removed from. image

edit to add, oops I see boucharda already had the pics of tubes in auction concept covered

<< <i>

<< <i>check out the description on this auction??? Id like an unopened tube of these suckers!

link >>

A few red flags here....

*Not from the Springfield, Il area where a lot of the "good ole boy" sales occurred

*Low level seller...mostly golf balls and equipment

*Coins were packaged 10 to a Mint roll (one design per roll) so if this guy traded in all his golf balls and bought 5 rolls of pucks I guess he could sell sets "from the original roll"

*Can't spell/grammar sucks..." All net profits from these sales is being donated to a Chriatian ministry for the work of the Kingdom."

.....and...if I had 5 friggin rolls of these you could be certain I would put a picture of the rolls in the auction >>

If it really was to help a Christian ministry then I hope the seller realizes that the first importance is that they be honest about things. I have my doubts about the honesty here in all their claims.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just have the butler wake you up a couple of hours earlier.image >>

There is a butler this morning in search of new work. >>

Heard this guy was looking for a new gig.

• << <i>And what the heck is a Chriatian ministry??? >>

Must be that place over there near Yugoslavia.image I hear that have a real problem with typos there. >>

Is the government of Croatia now flipping pucks? Bold new revenue-raising scheme.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Highly suspicious to say the least. Its just one more example of how screwed up this release really is. I'm actually looking forward to just buying a set for 2011 without all the hassle and temptation to flip. >>

Seller should have included in his auction a pic of the five tubes that his coins have never been removed from. image

edit to add, oops I see boucharda already had the pics of tubes in auction concept covered >>

This guy already sold 6 sets yesterday under completed auctions.

Correction: He sold 3 sets yesterday which would add up to 10 total sets for sale.

<< <i>

<< <i>My mtb experience today...I called, lady took my email and said she'd send the forms. After I hung up I realized I screwed up the email address I gave her so I used the form from the email the first go-round and faxed/emailed it in. Few minutes later someone emailed me asking who took my order. I didn't know but I did inform him of the email screwup. A few minutes later I got the confirmation along with a page giving instructions for wiring the money...no mention of checks or whatever. I wired money and now wait 4 weeks. >>

did you put the account number in the wire info? >>

Yes, I included the name and mtb account number

• << <i> This guy already sold 6 sets yesterday under completed auctions. >>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

So he already sold 6 sets and he has 6 more for sale now....that's 12 sets.....He rec'd 2 tubes of each design?

That's a lot of golf balls

• << <i>

<< <i> This guy already sold 6 sets yesterday under completed auctions. >>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

So he already sold 6 sets and he has 6 more for sale now....that's 12 sets.....He rec'd 2 tubes of each design?

That's a lot of golf balls >>

correction, he only sold 3 sets yesterday, my error. that totals 10 sets in all. maybe he really does have tubes
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They do, collectively, seem to be the least personable bunch of customer service personnel I've encountered.

However....I did just receive an order confirmation. Obviously, you don't have to be nice to get the job done. >>

Same here, got my confirmation!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

• << <i>Amark set. Blue is the sky reflection: I think all the little dots are dust/lint on the outside of the slab.
    I should have wiped them before shooting. They aren't while view with a luope.
    image >>

those seem to have alot of scratches and polish marks on them ...my set from mtb is spotless with all pl coins no marks at all
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

edit to add, oops I see boucharda already had the pics of tubes in auction concept covered >>

This guy already sold 6 sets yesterday under completed auctions.

Correction: He sold 3 sets yesterday which would add up to 10 total sets for sale. >>

Nope you were correct...he sold 5 sets and has 7 more up for sale. Whatever.....in the last 2 weeks he has gone from a golf ball salesman to quantity ASE and ATB seller...totally different clientele...now with many high end sales

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file