Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for my MTB set. They cashed the check 3 weeks ago.
  • Anyone here from providents pucks lately?
  • Provident is not an AP...
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an order in with A-Mark on Wednesday. I got an e-mail that it shipped yesterday (Friday) image
    GrandAm :)
  • Still waiting order in the low 1000s. The folks on the ATB side arn't really forward thinking. I have been e mailing since the first day as my address was unconfirmed. 2 weeks ago I got the PayPal completed and thought I was on track, still no joy today.
    Called yesterday and got a hold of some nice gal who after carefully looking at the order noticed that there is a PO and a street address on the shipping address. She guessed this was the issue and I was on a call list. the whole 1 per HH has everybody covering there butt so anything that is earmarked as a threat must simply get pushed off.
    Obviously I have nothing to gain having 2 addresses on one order but without knowing the shippers preferance I had my PayPal programmed for both. I hope I get a call Monday and some good coins make it to me next week.
    I will say everyone I have spoken to at Amark has been top shelf I just think the ATB side was put together with a staff that might have been brought in just for these sales and doesn't have any real authority to make judgement calls.

Edit they did tell me they were shipping about every day and had a week and a half to go.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing but good to say about A-Mark. I can see where the shipping charge came from, with the slabbing, credit card fee and the foam box they shipped in. As others have said, my pucks are amazing. I could use them as a mirror and shave. If they cherry-picked prior to shipping, they were asleep on this set. Much, much nicer than the APMEX set (who I believe is done selling and cherry-picked their inventory). I think we have seen the end of selling by the AP's. In another two weeks we should know at what level the price is going to settle as a true market finally gets established.
  • Anyone know if any of the APs will be selling the 2011 ATB bullion coins as a set with no minimum purchase? I'd like to reward the APs who have done the right thing with my continued business. I figure now that they are setup for retail, a few of them may continue offering the upcoming sets.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

• << <i>Anyone know if any of the APs will be selling the 2011 ATB bullion coins as a set with no minimum purchase? I'd like to reward the APs who have done the right thing with my continued business. I figure now that they are setup for retail, a few of them may continue offering the upcoming sets. >>

I'm assuming that the 2011 5 oz rounds will be minted in bullion quantities, negating the need for HH limits. If that's the case, it'd be easier for the APs just to sell to the secondaries as they normally do. Apart from APMEX, I doubt any will have online retail sales. Personally, I'm a little fed up with APMEX and would like the opportunity to buy from another AP. Mostly AMark. We'll see but I doubt it...just isn't worth their time.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Does PCGS regrade in the same slab, or do they break then out and reslab them? Just wondering if that would get rid of the piece of metal inside my yellowstone puck..

• << <i>Does PCGS regrade in the same slab, or do they break then out and reslab them? Just wondering if that would get rid of the piece of metal inside my yellowstone puck.. >>

They evaluate the coin outside of the holder....
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I sure hope DG finds a way to distribute per mint standards before they run out of them image

some more getting them
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-America-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Fresh-Sealed-Set-/130483013338?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e6164c6da >>

linked

Yean, no kidding, looks like someone has five DG sets for sale there...looks like the DG floodgates are opening. >>

Too bad. I HAD respect for DG. I thought that they were honest. Obviously not. Look like TGC act two. Just as many of us suspected the some others would watch the blatent TGC abuses to see if The Mint would do.anything. Given the total and complete lackof enforcement by The Mint in the face of such clear abuse it looks like lesson learned by DG. Well done Mint!

I think that with A Mark we may have seen the last real public offering of the pucks. It is possible.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>i got my coins from MTB testerday and the kill amarks the amarks are clean but more satin looking my mtb set ar all mirrored and super clean they are going to ngc for the hopefull grade of 69 pl or dpl >>

Definitely no PLs in the two A Mark sets that I've seen. So far the Apmex & MTB sets are tops IMHO. That said, I give A Mark a bigtwo thumbs up for doing a great job.
  • Does anyone know how much the total cost is per set to get them graded by PCGS? Also, how do you know that when you send your coins in that the people won't substitute your coins with lesser quality grade coins. Is this basically a trust relationship based on the company's reputability?
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know how much the total cost is per set to get them graded by PCGS? Also, how do you know that when you send your coins in that the people won't substitute your coins with lesser quality grade coins. Is this basically a trust relationship based on the company's reputability? >>

My notes on PCGS cost -

-$30 per coin grading
    -no charge for first strike if you have Amark FS slabs
    -$8 handling fee
    -postage to and from @ apprx $25

To get your coins graded, you can either get a PCGS membership (look @ the website for cost) or get your coins to a PCGS dealer and the dealer can submit the coins for a fee. I think the fee varies by dealer.

No, PCGS will not substitute lesser grade coins. Yes, it is a trust relationship. PCGS won't rip you off, highly respected company for integrity.

If any of this is incorrect, I'm sure the other list members will correct me or maybe tell you what it cost them to submit a set of pucks to PCGS. image
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Still waiting for my MTB set. They cashed the check 3 weeks ago. >>

same here.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I sure hope DG finds a way to distribute per mint standards before they run out of them image

some more getting them
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-America-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Fresh-Sealed-Set-/130483013338?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e6164c6da >>

linked

Yean, no kidding, looks like someone has five DG sets for sale there...looks like the DG floodgates are opening. >>

Too bad. I HAD respect for DG. I thought that they were honest. Obviously not. Look like TGC act two. Just as many of us suspected the some others would watch the blatent TGC abuses to see if The Mint would do.anything. Given the total and complete lackof enforcement by The Mint in the face of such clear abuse it looks like lesson learned by DG. Well done Mint!

I think that with A Mark we may have seen the last real public offering of the pucks. It is possible. >>

Quite possible. At this point, it looks like AMark and FT are the only two APs that sold most of their stock to the public in a reasonably fair fashion. Some of the others look like they may have opened their phonelines briefly for a few public sales so they can say "we sold to the general public." I think we'll eventually see a few sales by DG, JH and Prudential, but I don't think they'll have many left to sell. Not sure about MTB or CNT. I haven't seen any ebay sales with CNT marks, so the jury's still out on them.

So far--Kudos to FT and AM for the closest adherence the the Mint's rules.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this basically a trust relationship based on the company's reputability? >>

yes
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • I received an email from Fidelitrade last week saying they are going to start shipping the first two weeks in Feb. It's almost one week already. Has anybody hear of anyone receive anything yet?
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    There are times that selling on Ebay can just make you want to bang your head against a wall....

Check it out....

I thought that I sold this PCGS 69 double that I had today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280624856563&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

I had another nice offer on it but took this one. W/all of the SNAD B.S. going on, I liked this buyer's feedback and was happy to have what I thought would be a problem-free buyer.

I get home and see that he paid. Then I see this:

Dear t4biophage,

I thought this sale is for the complete set of 5 coins am i wrong? if it is only for one coin i would like to return if possible please let me know thanks

- poolman020360

How on G-d's green earth could someone think that this was for a set???

I state no returns twice.

That said, I of course took the return, and nicely asked him to please respond to the cancel transaction request and plan to relist. Of course, the other offers are history. This stuff can drive you nuts.

Just curious - do you all think that this was an honest mistake or buyer's remorse? Blockable buyer or just careless buyer? HOW could he think that this was for a set?????
  • Sorry Raufus, sounds like he had buyers remorse, total bs. I blocked him, here is the link for your sale

link

edited to add, did you offer a second chance to a few of the other bidders?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Looks like buyers remorse to me.

Who is he, I will block him.
    The buyer is a bonehead. image

Yeah, no doubt your auction is accurate + explicit as to it's a single coin PCGS MS69.

PITA. Buy it and drive on, re-list it for $100 more. Srsly.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see how a non-careful bidder could make that mistake.
    "HS" is used in the title, but someone may not know what that means and just fixates on the "America the Beautiful" and PCGS MS69 FS (called the "too many acronyms" syndrome).
    Then, the text in the auction calls it out (and there is a pic of only the Hot Springs one) but that text is too busy.....too many colors, etc. Easy to skip by/ignore/etc.

So, a careful bidder would be fine, but a not so careful one could get bit.

Looking at the price, I can believe him when he said he thought it was for all 5 ($2150 for 1??? Yeah..I don't think so).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• looks like someone doesn't know how to read...
    he saw 5 and thought it was a set

<< <i>I can see how a non-careful bidder could make that mistake.
    "HS" is used in the title, but someone may not know what that means and just fixates on the "America the Beautiful" and PCGS MS69 FS (called the "too many acronyms" syndrome).
    Then, the text in the auction calls it out (and there is a pic of only the Hot Springs one) but that text is too busy.....too many colors, etc. Easy to skip by/ignore/etc.

So, a careful bidder would be fine, but a not so careful one could get bit.

Looking at the price, I can believe him when he said he thought it was for all 5 ($2150 for 1??? Yeah..I don't think so). >>

I certainly understand the "too many acronyms" syndrome but, as we all know, you have to hit all of the search parameters in the title which has limited space.

As to the text, I figure that all you need to know is in the title, subtitle and photos. If a buyer wants to read more I put it there. I use different colors to break it up. All subjective of course. That said, I've never had any such problem before and have kept my buyers very happy.

Thanks for the critique of the post. Always room to improved :-)

I have to say however when one is spending over $2K one should be a little more careful. My hunch is buyer's remorse.

<< <i>Sorry Raufus, sounds like he had buyers remorse, total bs. I blocked him, here is the link for your sale

link

edited to add, did you offer a second chance to a few of the other bidders? >>

Thanks. I think so as well. I was really comfortable w/his feedback. So much for that. This is my first problem as a seller. Oh well. I promptly and nicely refunded his money and will move on. Now watch me get killed on this when I repost as an auction. As mentioned, I had a nice bid that was a bit lower, now gone.

I'm a little P.O.'d as it's just such a waste of time and effort, not to mention a lost, nice offer.

Being that it was a BIN/OBO I did not see a second chance option.

• << <i>

<< <i>Sorry Raufus, sounds like he had buyers remorse, total bs. I blocked him, here is the link for your sale

link

Thanks. I think so as well. I was really comfortable w/his feedback. So much for that. This is my first problem as a seller. Oh well. I promptly and nicely refunded his money and will move on. Now watch me get killed on this when I repost as an auction. As mentioned, I had a nice bid that was a bit lower, now gone.

I'm a little P.O.'d as it's just such a waste of time and effort, not to mention a lost, nice offer.

Being that it was a BIN/OBO I did not see a second chance option. >>

Even if he thought it was for a set, would he really think he could get five pcgs 69's for just over $2k? I think you handled it well, but this buyer is either of the not so smart variety or he experienced buyer's remorse and found a way to weasel.

<< <i>

<< <i>

link

Being that it was a BIN/OBO I did not see a second chance option. >>

Even if he thought it was for a set, would he really think he could get five pcgs 69's for just over $2k? I think you handled it well, but this buyer is either of the not so smart variety or he experienced buyer's remorse and found a way to weasel. >>

I definitely think that latter. If it's the former, how do such people have money??
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your trouble with the ebay problem.
    They are blocked on my end.
    I hope the second time nets you even a better return with a better buyer!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

• << <i>

<< <i>Does anyone know how much the total cost is per set to get them graded by PCGS? Also, how do you know that when you send your coins in that the people won't substitute your coins with lesser quality grade coins. Is this basically a trust relationship based on the company's reputability? >>

My notes on PCGS cost -

-$30 per coin grading
    -$8 handling fee

To get your coins graded, you can either get a PCGS membership (look @ the website for cost) or get your coins to a PCGS dealer and the dealer can submit the coins for a fee. I think the fee varies by dealer.

No, PCGS will not substitute lesser grade coins. Yes, it is a trust relationship. PCGS won't rip you off, highly respected company for integrity.

If any of this is incorrect, I'm sure the other list members will correct me or maybe tell you what it cost them to submit a set of pucks to PCGS. image >>

Hey thanks for the info! So your looking at about $150+$35 handling + $25 shipping for a total roughly $200 per set. Also, I have one more question. Why would you send in first strike slabs to PCGS if they were already graded by them? Was first strike bu grades not accurate?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    BLOCKED!

• << <i>

<< <i>

My notes on PCGS cost -

-$30 per coin grading
    -$8 handling fee

If any of this is incorrect, I'm sure the other list members will correct me or maybe tell you what it cost them to submit a set of pucks to PCGS. image >>

Hey thanks for the info! So your looking at about $150+$35 handling + $25 shipping for a total roughly $200 per set. Also, I have one more question. Why would you send in first strike slabs to PCGS if they were already graded by them? Was first strike bu grades not accurate? >>

if the label says choice or gem BU it means yes its genuine and yes its uncirculated. some will send these in for numerical grading. MS69`s will sell for way more money than say a MS66. if anyone ever makes a MS70 it will be "mega-moon" money. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • When sending in a A-Mark set.Do you use the first strike pcgs number or the non first strike pcgs number on the submission form.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Trumpet Blast]

DA DA DA DADA...My first set of pucks arrived today...from A-Mark...and I'm very pleased:

I think I'd definitely have at least 1 and possibly 2 PLs and the other 3 look pretty good (one has some die polish lines and the other just has a hint of a haze).

And did anyone else notice the hiker on the back of the Grand Canyon coin? I missed it, but my wife noticed him.

<< <i>Sorry to hear of your trouble with the ebay problem.

Miles >>

Thanks Miles :-)
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry to hear of your trouble with the ebay problem.

Miles >>

Thanks Miles :-) >>

sold all three of mine and have been super lucky with great ebay buyers. Good luck with the next sale........image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>When sending in a A-Mark set.Do you use the first strike pcgs number or the non first strike pcgs number on the submission form. >>

If you already have PCGS FS slabs from Amark, save yourself $18 per slab as they are already "First Striked", use the first strike number.

If you are submitting to PCGS sourced from any other AP and want First Strike on the label, use the non first strike number. It'll cost you $ 18 per coin.

IMHO - Who cares, the numerical grade is what matters. First Strike makes no difference, PCGS will grade all 2010 "First Strike" if you so designate.

Hope that helps. image
    MCM is selling a LOTS of 69s, I'm surprised that they're still holding despite the large numbers being sold.

<< <i>There are times that selling on Ebay can just make you want to bang your head against a wall....

Check it out....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280624856563&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

I had another nice offer on it but took this one. W/all of the SNAD B.S. going on, I liked this buyer's feedback and was happy to have what I thought would be a problem-free buyer.

Dear t4biophage,

I thought this sale is for the complete set of 5 coins am i wrong? if it is only for one coin i would like to return if possible please let me know thanks

- poolman020360

That said, I of course took the return, and nicely asked him to please respond to the cancel transaction request and plan to relist. Of course, the other offers are history. This stuff can drive you nuts.

Just curious - do you all think that this was an honest mistake or buyer's remorse? Blockable buyer or just careless buyer? HOW could he think that this was for a set????? >>

The conclusion:

The buyer quickly agreed to the auction cancellation request w/the following comment:

poolman020360 Feb-05-11 at 13:57:06 PST
    i made the mistake, seller is being very nice

Now that they're out, F Trade shold put the pucks in these:

http://www.air-tites.com/america_the_beautiful_coin_holders.htm
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are times that selling on Ebay can just make you want to bang your head against a wall....

Check it out....

Dear t4biophage,

- poolman020360

Just curious - do you all think that this was an honest mistake or buyer's remorse? Blockable buyer or just careless buyer? HOW could he think that this was for a set????? >>

set....

• << <i>

Check it out....

Dear t4biophage,

- poolman020360

set.... >>

Seriously, if you're going to spend $2k, you should at least spend the time to READ the listing. Jeez. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Now that they're out, F Trade shold put the pucks in these: >>

<<http://www.air-tites.com/america_the_beautiful_coin_holders.htm >>

Question: What are Fidelitrade and MTB using for packaging? Are their coins inside capsules or loose?

• << <i><<Now that they're out, F Trade shold put the pucks in these: >>

<<http://www.air-tites.com/america_the_beautiful_coin_holders.htm >>

Question: What are Fidelitrade and MTB using for packaging? Are their coins inside capsules or loose? >>

My MTB set came in the same capsules as APMEX used....
    Another JERK to block....

My buddy sold an MTB sealed set for $1900:

http://cgi.ebay.com/America-Beautiful-ATB-5-oz-Silver-Set-SEALED-/260731841056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4d42a20

The buyer has TONS of + feedback.

He then gets this message:

Dear onehalffull,

i am sorry, but i wasn't able to come up with the money to pay for this, honestly i thought my offer would have been declined, just a week ago they were going for around $3500-$4000 and an offer of $1900 was sure to be declined. i hope we can cancel this item without any problems, i do appologize for this, really i do. thanks for being so understanding and helping me with this matter, have a great night

- kcb9876

Can you believe this S#^%?

I've never seen such rampant poor buyer behavior. What a nightmare. So, my buddy can tie up his listing for 8 days to file a very, very well deserved non-paying buyer dispute or just let the jerk cancel, get his fees back and re list, which I'm sure that he'll do. As usual, absolutely NO penalty for this horrible buyer, no way for future sellers to know about him. Ebay's policies of no negs for sellers is really making it a disaster. Tons of + mean nothing as they could have a zillion such poor transactions and you'll never know unless the seller is willing to tie up his item for a week to file a non-paying dispute and the jerk accumulates enough violations that you seller filter weeds him out.

But now you know to BLOCK THIS JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• << <i>Another JERK to block....

My buddy sold an A Mark sealed set for $1900:

http://cgi.ebay.com/America-Beautiful-ATB-5-oz-Silver-Set-SEALED-/260731841056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4d42a20

The buyer has TONS of + feedback.

He then gets this message:

Dear onehalffull,

i am sorry, but i wasn't able to come up with the money to pay for this, honestly i thought my offer would have been declined, just a week ago they were going for around $3500-$4000 and an offer of $1900 was sure to be declined. i hope we can cancel this item without any problems, i do appologize for this, really i do. thanks for being so understanding and helping me with this matter, have a great night

- kcb9876

Can you believe this S#^%?

I've never seen such rampant poor buyer behavior. What a nightmare. So, my buddy can tie up his listing for 8 days to file a very, very well deserved non-paying buyer dispute or just let the jerk cancel, get his fees back and re list, which I'm sure that he'll do. As usual, absolutely NO penalty for this horrible buyer, no way for future sellers to know about him. Ebay's policies of no negs for sellers is really making it a disaster. Tons of + mean nothing as they could have a zillion such poor transactions and you'll never know unless the seller is willing to tie up his item for a week to file a non-paying dispute and the jerk accumulates enough violations that you seller filter weeds him out.

Buy now you know to BLOCK THIS JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, NO WAY my buyer thought it was a set. Buyers remorse. >>

Click Positive Feedback, then let him have it!!!image
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<Now that they're out, F Trade should put the pucks in these: >>

<<http://www.air-tites.com/america_the_beautiful_coin_holders.htm >> >>

These Z5 capsules are Air-Tites existing product - they were not made specifically for the pucks and they do not fit the pucks perfectly. My APMEX set came in these and the pucks rattle a bit as the thickness is not the same as the holder. Better than nothing, but not perfect. They are also out of stock for a few more days...

If have three of these if anyone is in desperate need...
  • It seems that these pucks have the same effect on some Ebay buyers as microwaving their brains....Their not used to playing with 4 figure bids and treat them as casually as the comic book/ toy truck purchases they are used to...AND they have the backing of the medium used (Ebay) which enables their actions..

...and negative comments in a positive feedback will be removed on request of the non-paying weenie

<< <i>

Check it out....

Dear t4biophage,

- poolman020360

set.... >>

You think that that ad which nowhere mentioned a set - ever- w/one photo of one coin, which only talked about one coin, and clearly was for only one coin was thought to be a set by the buyer??

<< <i>It seems that these pucks have the same effect on some Ebay buyers as microwaving their brains....Their not used to playing with 4 figure bids and treat them as casually as the comic book/ toy truck purchases they are used to...AND they have the backing of the medium used (Ebay) which enables their actions..

...and negative comments in a positive feedback will be removed on request of the non-paying weenie >>

Perhaps at some point there will be a critical mass of poor buyers that will make Ebay an essentially non-viable way to sell. I just don't understand why they've made such a dramatic and absurd shift against sellers to the point where there are simply no negative repercussions against even the worst buyers. Makes no sense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file