Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can accuse DG of wrong doing, but if the Mint is too lazy to go after tGC, why bother complaining about DG? I don't think there is any sign of wrong doing yet. They made a list and sold off of it is as logical of an explanation as they sold to their regulars first. >>

image The greed in this thread is so thick you can see it!
  • Sorry for an off topic question, but does anyone know how to add an author icon under profile. I lost my icon by accident and now I cant find it on the list and it won't let me add the picture again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>UPS Ground.....NYC to Massachusetts >>

Ahhhhh....I guess I'll start looking around the middle of next week, assuming the truck hasn't slid off into a ditch alongside of one of Interstates along the way...image
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>8000 >>

Who cares.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone heard from Fidelitrade? I think I read they are being extra careful about duplicate orders,etc.When will theyship? >>

As I posted earlier today:

Fidelitrade is working very hard to comply with the mint rules. My associate was notified today via email that he needed to contact them re a problem with his order. He called and they indicated that the address he listed was for a commericial building and thus, not within the mint's household requirement...They did allow him to then provide his home residence and they indicated they would then ship at some point to his commerical address but had to have the home address first before doing so. They indicated there were lots of problems in this regard and with people trying to place multiple orders etc...Even the US mint does not go this far to ensure the household requirement...

Oh ya, to give some idea, his order was overnighted with that first batch.

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

FTrade's first batch leaves next Tues.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious question.....one of my old friends from Colorado managed to buy a set from A-Mark on my suggestion. He just got it. Who is the higher buyer on those?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>8000
    Who cares. >>

I do

<< <i>Serious question.....one of my old friends from Colorado managed to buy a set from A-Mark on my suggestion. He just got it. Who is the higher buyer on those?
    TD >>

Q: Who is the higher buyer on those?

A: The person that pays the most.

Seriously, what are you asking?
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Fidelitrade update.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>8000 >>

Who cares. >>

Me! That was supposed to be MY milestone! Damn...I was in traffic at the time :}

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

<< <i>Serious question.....one of my old friends from Colorado managed to buy a set from A-Mark on my suggestion. He just got it. Who is the higher buyer on those?
    TD >>

Seriously, what are you asking? >>

He's asking a question I would like to know as well......whether it is ebay, or some dealer, etc, who is paying the most for those and wants them. Pretty easy question, eh? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

<< <i>

TD >>

He's asking a question I would like to know as well......whether it is ebay, or some dealer, etc, who is paying the most for those and wants them. Pretty easy question, eh? image >>

Well, I don't know about easy, but what's your answer?
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Shocked! My MTB just arrived (6pm) via UPS...no advance notice. 3 down, 1 to go

Deciding about opening the box....most likely will since I can't stand looking at a sealed box (and ER date is well within reach) >>

A week ago I called & asked MTB about my coins. They were to be sent to shipping by last Friday and mailed out. Called earlier this week and told they went to shipping. Still nothing here and I live no more than 50 miles away!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Shocked! My MTB just arrived (6pm) via UPS...no advance notice. 3 down, 1 to go >>

Opposite here, 1 down, 3 to go.
    APMEX in hand
    MTB?
    FT?
    Amark?
  • MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there been a thread of this size here before? I'm a relative newbie and can't recall anything like it.

Maine_Jim
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Rec'd my set ordered from PB Securities today from DSD in Delaware..... cheapest yet - 906.90

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

TD >>

He's asking a question I would like to know as well......whether it is ebay, or some dealer, etc, who is paying the most for those and wants them. Pretty easy question, eh? image >>

Well, I don't know about easy, but what's your answer? >>

Like I said...I would like to know as well (that means I do NOT know).

• My local coin dealer offered $1300 said retail was 1700-1800 I said no way.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

TD >>

Well, I don't know about easy, but what's your answer? >>

Like I said...I would like to know as well (that means I do NOT know). >>

Can you find out?image
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry for an off topic question, but does anyone know how to add an author icon under profile. I lost my icon by accident and now I cant find it on the list and it won't let me add the picture again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. >>

Generally it is doable on the 15th of each month, sometimes a day late. Most times somebody will start a thread saying that icon uploads are turned on. Then go to your profile page and you will be able to upload it (provided it meets the size limitations which I do not know).

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My local coin dealer offered $1300 said retail was 1700-1800 I said no way. >>

Did he have one for sale at that price range?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>

<< <i>Sorry for an off topic question, but does anyone know how to add an author icon under profile. I lost my icon by accident and now I cant find it on the list and it won't let me add the picture again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. >>

Generally it is doable on the 15th of each month, sometimes a day late. Most times somebody will start a thread saying that icon uploads are turned on. Then go to your profile page and you will be able to upload it (provided it meets the size limitations which I do not know). >>

Thanks so much.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    My Amark set arrived today. All nice coins, only one a 9 and a very clean mark free coin. Two are 8 and the last two 7's Very easy to spot die polish. I only had it on the edge of one Obv. The rest were little scratches of an 1/8' one per coin in different places.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a Seller of few words Raufus with a "unique" product.

It should be interesting when the first 69 DPL comes aboard.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>Rec'd my set ordered from PB Securities today from DSD in Delaware..... cheapest yet - 906.90 >>

Orig. APMEX was about $860. Congrats and enjoy your set!!!

<< <i>And a Seller of few words Raufus with a "unique" product.

It should be interesting when the first 69 DPL comes aboard.

Miles >>

Indeed Miles!! I can't wait to see that one.

• Anyone else from the initial sale on Amark not receive a shipping notice yet? Still waiting for mine....I'm half expecting it to just show up in my PO Box one of these days soon.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
    I haven't heard a word about shipping from amark - order 23## .

Maine_Jim
    Mine just showed up. No shipping notice. I think that this will be the case w/a lot of them.
  • My coin dealer had no sets for sale
  • My a mark order came today order number 18@@
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard today the dealer bid on these is 1500, not sure if true. I was asked what my set sold for and was told dealer bid in response.

Edit. Pretty sure that number was for the PCGS BU slabs.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    Did you have a shipping notice?

Maine_Jim
  • Thanks BigE, will check out the sold on Ebay.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't heard a word about shipping from amark - order 23## .

Maine_Jim >>

Me too 24xx
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Went on a tour of the Denver Mint today. Neat tour. Then went to the gift Shop. In a case saw PGCS slabbed 5 oz coins gem bu. No price on them. Asked how much lady said $800 a peice. Never asked where they got them Only saw one set in the case.

I wish you had pictures of that. Classic!
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone else from the initial sale on Amark not receive a shipping notice yet? Still waiting for mine....I'm half expecting it to just show up in my PO Box one of these days soon. >>

I use a PO Box too. My order number is well below 50 and I have not heard anything. I am expecting it to show up without notice also. Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rec'd my set ordered from PB Securities today from DSD in Delaware..... cheapest yet - 906.90 >>

Hey 7ove8 didyou have to pay the extra shipping of 50 bucks? and did they contact you or did you call them> Got a 2nd letter telling me they cashed my check on the 31st just curious when they cashed yours. Did you look at them> did the other place call you up or did they send another letter? thanks for any info. wooohoooo image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • I sure hope DG finds a way to distribute per mint standards before they run out of them image

some more getting them
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-America-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Fresh-Sealed-Set-/130483013338?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e6164c6da

<< <i>I sure hope DG finds a way to distribute per mint standards before they run out of them image

some more getting them
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-America-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Fresh-Sealed-Set-/130483013338?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e6164c6da >>

linked

Yean, no kidding, looks like someone has five DG sets for sale there...looks like the DG floodgates are opening.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Did you expect otherwise. There is too much money involved for everyone to be honest.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Finallly got to see what these coins look like from Amark. These PCGS BU coins have not been cherrypicked. All of the them are great looking. I think I will like these better than the sandblasted versions from the mint. Way to go Amark. Hope all the APs decide to send these off to PCGS for BU slabs but doubt it. I am hooked on this series since I am not collecting the ASEs anymore. Though very large, the changing designs will definitely not make this set boring.

Just wondering how many of these bullion coins actually went directly into IRA accounts.
  • i got my coins from MTB testerday and the kill amarks the amarks are clean but more satin looking my mtb set ar all mirrored and super clean they are going to ngc for the hopefull grade of 69 pl or dpl
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Hi,

First time poster. Thank you for all the information about various coin topics, especially new mint issues. I have purchased five ATB sets: MTB, the Gold Center, APMEX, A-Mark, and Fidelitrade; I have yet to receive the Fidelitrade order. Of the coins received, I have 2 coins that may be PCGS MS69s, no gimmes. I sent 3 to NGC last week that may get the PL designation. Overall, the best coins I received came from MTB.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life is like a box of pucks...

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>Hi,

First time poster. Thank you for all the information about various coin topics, especially new mint issues. I have purchased five ATB sets: MTB, the Gold Center, APMEX, A-Mark, and Fidelitrade; I have yet to receive the Fidelitrade order. Of the coins received, I have 2 coins that may be PCGS MS69s, no gimmes. I sent 3 to NGC last week that may get the PL designation. Overall, the best coins I received came from MTB. >>

Wow, five sets, good job! image

Lots of posts that the MTB coins look the best, I pre-sold my MTBs. image Oh well, win some lose some, maybe my buyer won't want them and send 'em back! image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard 1969seattlepilots.
  • Thank you. I believe most that called or emailed Dillon Gage early in the game will get a set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file