Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Not bad .... NGC69PL

Yosemite

• << <i>Not bad .... NGC69PL

Yosemite >>

how about Yellowstone!
  • dcgolferdcgolfer Posts: 253 ✭✭
    So I'm starting to wonder if I am the last one on A-mark's shipping list! I am waiting on order number 13XX. I have read on here that shipping is not in any order, but my order went thru very easily, no problems with Paypal, I have an old account with confirmed address, and I didn't fool around in any way and order multiple sets. And it's not a PO Box. So just wondering who else is still waiting with a fairly low order number. I think I also read on here that they A-mark intended to have that whole first order group of what, about 2700 sets sent out by tomorrow. So maybe tomorrow?
  • So I'm starting to wonder if I am the last one on A-mark's shipping list! I am waiting on order number 13XX. I have read on here that shipping is not in any order, but my order went thru very easily, no problems with Paypal, I have an old account with confirmed address, and I didn't fool around in any way and order multiple sets. And it's not a PO Box. So just wondering who else is still waiting with a fairly low order number. I think I also read on here that they A-mark intended to have that whole first order group of what, about 2700 sets sent out by tomorrow. So maybe tomorrow?

My order # is 23XX and I have heard nothing--not even a confirmation. My son's order # is 7XX and he has heard nothing. Best friend, in California, is order # 19XX and he just got an email yesterday that his have been sent out.

I called today and was told everything is in order and I will be getting an email notification when they are sent. That's all.
  • My Apmex order was 12xx.. they came today, a day early.... every coin has a ding on it, one has a fingerprint on it, one has a milk spot like wave in front of Georges face... I never win anything, but maybe I won worst shipped set...I think I will take them to the ice rink and take a couple slap shots with them...If I took video and put it on youtube do you think it will go viral?

(yes this is my first post. If you want to call me a flipper/Newbie/Greenhorn/rookie/#$*%&, go ahead, I can take it)
    Diggin4silver
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards. We are not that bad here.
  • Thanks Pitboss, I have read this entire thread since it started, and I have learned a lot by lurking.. Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge.. Now I dont know if I should just sell these (The flipper in me) or put them away for a while.. might do better than cash sitting in the bank account... Diggin

• << <i>So I'm starting to wonder if I am the last one on A-mark's shipping list! I am waiting on order number 13XX. I have read on here that shipping is not in any order, but my order went thru very easily, no problems with Paypal, I have an old account with confirmed address, and I didn't fool around in any way and order multiple sets. And it's not a PO Box. So just wondering who else is still waiting with a fairly low order number. I think I also read on here that they A-mark intended to have that whole first order group of what, about 2700 sets sent out by tomorrow. So maybe tomorrow? >>

My A-Mark order number is also 13XX. Mine shipped on Feb 1 with an expected delivery date of Feb 4.

On the other hand, I haven't heard anything from MTB about my order.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>......
    I called today and was told everything is in order and I will be getting an email notification when they are sent. That's all. >>

Same here. 18xx. I sent an email 2 days ago. They said no problemo - it's all good. But still no pucks. Annoying. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>My Apmex order was 12xx.. they came today, a day early.... every coin has a ding on it, one has a fingerprint on it, one has a milk spot like wave in front of Georges face... I never win anything, but maybe I won worst shipped set...I think I will take them to the ice rink and take a couple slap shots with them...If I took video and put it on youtube do you think it will go viral?

(yes this is my first post. If you want to call me a flipper/Newbie/Greenhorn/rookie/#$*%&, go ahead, I can take it)
    Diggin4silver >>

image My amark set all had die lines, which I guess are common, three of the coins had a ding in the exact same place on George's lip and of those three 2 of them had spots on the obverse. The other two are very nice. I would love to see a 67, 68 and 69 in hand to get an idea of how to grade these things. Are they on PCGS photograde yet? image

<< <i>Thanks Pitboss, I have read this entire thread since it started, and I have learned a lot by lurking.. Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge.. Now I dont know if I should just sell these (The flipper in me) or put them away for a while.. might do better than cash sitting in the bank account... Diggin >>

Well, I am advising people to put them away and forget about them for a while. The ones I am getting from a mark I will not even open the box and the ones I am getting from fidelitrade I will get slabbed as they are not in protective holders. That is my advice as what you are going to get for them now is not that far over melt at the rate silver is going right now. The ones the mint is coming out with will not be as cheap as these are.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    best advice yet.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like my question got lost amongst the flurry of posts.

Does anyone know if a PCGS "First Strike" crossover to an NGC "Early Release?" Both in general, and as it pertains to ATB.

no NGC will not do that
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not bad .... NGC69PL

Yosemite >>

how about Yellowstone! >>

Very impressive. A week ago tomorrow PCGS 69s were bringing $2600 to $2700. The PCGS 69s have taken a dive while the NGC PLs are holding well. What will the DPLs bring?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

• << <i>My Apmex order was 12xx.. they came today, a day early.... every coin has a ding on it, one has a fingerprint on it, one has a milk spot like wave in front of Georges face... I never win anything, but maybe I won worst shipped set...I think I will take them to the ice rink and take a couple slap shots with them...If I took video and put it on youtube do you think it will go viral?

Diggin4silver >>

welcomeimage

i have to ask... you just got coins from apmex???

nothing else posted here about recent apmex shipments...???

edited to add: did you mean "My Amark order was 12xx"

was your order from apmex or amark?
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

Since he's a self confessed "flipper/Newbie/Greenhorn/rookie/#$*%&" we all assumed he meant A-Mark image

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Since he's a self confessed "flipper/Newbie/Greenhorn/rookie/#$*%&" we all assumed he meant A-Mark image >>

oh.....one of them.....

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I've seen a couple of people ask but I don't recall seeing an answer from anyone "in the know"

Do die polish marks affect grading? I see on pcgs' site it says "as struck" with a good strike...that would seem to mean die polish, cracks, etc would not affect grades
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry for the above...won't let me edit so here's the pic:

image >>

Seems like if it is doubled die then it should be worth a premium as a genuine error? >>

Yes, a doubled die would be worth more (and would have lots of others exactly like it), because a doubled die is a die with doubling on the die, and on every coin struck from that die.

But this is not a doubled die, (the die is not doubled). It is a machine or strike doubling, in that it is generated by one of the second (or in some cases third) strikes. These pucks are to big to handle the metals moving around under all that pressure.

Here is a guy on FeeBay selling one as if it were a Doubled Die.

FleaBay DDO

Here is the article from Ken Potter

NN Article from Ken Potter re: ATB Doubling

Here are some of my pics of doubling (sorry for the re-post if you have seen these already).... >>

I've been lurking on this thread for a while. Bought a set from A-Mark the other night when they opened up and I plan to hold onto them. Also will try and get a set of P's from the Mint (wish me luck).

I found Ken Potter's article (the one linked above) very interesting. I e mailed him to ask if there would ever be doubled dies in this series since the dies are engraved and not hubbed. Here is his reply.

"Actually,
    There is a such thing as engraving doubling if there is a slippage. This is very rare. The only one I know of is the Disney "Goffy" medal with a doubled foot or something like that.'
    Thanks!
    Ken"
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    This in my email this evening
    DSS COIN AND BULLION IS PROUD TO OFFER A LIMITED AMOUNT OF THE:

“2010 NATIONAL PARKS AMERICAN THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER ROUNDS”

THESE COINS HAVE ALL BEEN GRADED AND CERTIFED BY THE PCGS GRADING COMPANY AS BEING IN BOTH CHOICE BU CONDITION AND ALSO “FIRST STRIKE” ENSURRING THESE COINS HAVE THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF DETAIL!
    Bank Wire Price: $2799.99
    Credit Card Price: $3000.00
    Savings: $-200.01

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Some savings!!!
  • Whoops, rookie mistake.. Amark image
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know if a PCGS "First Strike" crossover to an NGC "Early Release?" Both in general, and as it pertains to ATB. >>

No PCGS will not cross NGC ER to PCGS FS.
    image Diggin. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've seen a couple of people ask but I don't recall seeing an answer from anyone "in the know"

Do die polish marks affect grading? I see on pcgs' site it says "as struck" with a good strike...that would seem to mean die polish, cracks, etc would not affect grades >>

Die polish normally wont affect the grading, except I would think it would interfere with receiving any prooflike designation from NGC, especially considering how aggressive it is on some of these coins----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    image Waiting for NGC to grade them. With silver going up like it is, these are a safe bet at the priced most of us purchased them at. Melt on these right now is $725, making a minimal premium per puck. So, I will wait. image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

<< <i>This in my email this evening
    DSS COIN AND BULLION IS PROUD TO OFFER A LIMITED AMOUNT OF THE:

“2010 NATIONAL PARKS AMERICAN THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OUNCE SILVER ROUNDS”

THESE COINS HAVE ALL BEEN GRADED AND CERTIFED BY THE PCGS GRADING COMPANY AS BEING IN BOTH CHOICE BU CONDITION AND ALSO “FIRST STRIKE” ENSURRING THESE COINS HAVE THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF DETAIL!
    Bank Wire Price: $2799.99
    Credit Card Price: $3000.00
    Savings: $-200.01

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! >>

A couple of weeks too late to the party for those prices....
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Auctions on ebay under 300, first time in a week.

Very little new supply coming.

Prices still holding $1600, even with the massive dump.

That is all.

Yes,but, they only have a limited amount.
    An addendum to my post on the high PL prices from a short while ago...

Numerous 69PLs from 1/30 - 1/31 bring $1400-$1600 range while several MS69s (true auctions) on 1/29 bring $2600 to $2700.

Now the MS69s are doing nothing and the PLs - despite a very depressed puck market - are way back up.

Where is this going to sort out?? Don't get it.

The next MS69s (true auctions) foolishly end around 10 am EST tomorrow so will likely yield low prices which won't bode well for the rest of the MS69s, almost all of which are from the same seller (a forum member). WHY would an experienced seller (Silvertowne in this case) end true auctions at such a bad time?

It will be interesting to see the PL and DPL pops. Can someone w/access check if any are up?

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    What a difference a week makes...

Last Week: $102.50
    Tonight: Nothing
    On another subject...

I have a set plus a some singles at NGC right now for grading. These are mine and a friends MTB sets. I spent a lot of time carefully examining these coins prior to sending them in. At that time my goal was to complete a PCGS MS69FS set. This was prior to any knowledge of NGC PLs which I may have shot for had I known about them at the time.

I sent the best three to PCGS. All three got 69s. The rest went to NGC except for one beat up single that went on Ebay (with very high-resolution photos so that the buyer knew exactly what he/she was getting - got $550 for that one - those days are gone). Based on my Mt. Hood PCGS 68, I very much doubt that any of the coins sent to NGC would get 69s at PCGS.

I called NGC today. Still waiting for them to be finalized. Some groveling to the very nice NGC customer service rep. yielded the following "I just can't tell you the grades until they complete the finalizing check, but I think that you will be very, very pleased." Sounds like 69s +/- PL to me. I'll let you all know.

Clearly NGC 69 sets, and 69PL singles are still doing well. For those looking to sell and struggling w/the issue of grading or not, I can tell you:

- PCGS 69s have to be very, very clean. I have no doubt that most PCGS 68s would be NGC 69s.

- No pops yet, but PLs don't look all that rare either. Based on J. Maben's comments and on the Ebay auctions it is possible that NGC really didn't start looking to do PLs until after the first batches were graded??

- I think that most pretty clean coins have a good shot at NCG 69s. Two raw sets may well yield a full NGC 69 set + some 69 singles and PLs.

- ER cut off is, I think, 2/14. I'm not clear that the ER will make much difference. Of course, they're all ER now so only time will tell.

- A big issue of course is timing. Where will these be, even high grade coins, in the two plus weeks until you get them back??? Will the high-grade sets have tanked by then making the time, effort and $ spent getting them graded a wash or worse?
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information, I can't wait to get mine in hand, although hearing about all the beat up examples scares me.
  • I think I just scored hardcore from AMARK!

Ok so I had ordered 2 sets from Amark, I had my brother order one and I ordered one. I sold the one my brother got a few days ago, 3 of them had some marks, nothing too serious. Only got $1670 for them.... And i planned on keeping the 2nd set when I got them from AMARK.

I just got them today and I opened the box, Every coin to me looks of MS 68 or MS 69 quality. Not a single mark except for 1 coin that has the lightest scratch on the Obverse side that's only noticeable because its Deeply reflective and on the Reverse another very light very small almost dot scratch that's also only noticable because its Deeply reflective.

I am totally sending this in for grading and keeping. hehe. I'm going to use the proceeds from the fist sold set to buy the Numismatic version from the Mint when it comes out.

This whole ATB thing has quickly made me a numismatic coin collector!

PS: Yeh I'm the Tron Coin king. lol.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the summation Raufus!

Yes, will the ER make a difference and will it matter to those buying sealed sets that qualify for the vaulted PL designation?

Good eye pirate!

Miles

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Anyone think that PCGS will ever offer some kind of PL designation? I really like the smaller more compact and clear PcGS holders but at the same time I want a PL designation if my coins merit it. lol.

<< <i>Anyone think that PCGS will ever offer some kind of PL designation? I really like the smaller more compact and clear PcGS holders but at the same time I want a PL designation if my coins merit it. lol. >>

Nah - don't think so. Too conservative.
    Welcome TK! That was a nice job you did on that ATB auction. Good pics - maybe
    too good. Noticed some of the sealed A-M boxes were going for more. But at least
    your buyer knew exactly what he was getting. Well done.

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>

<< <i>Anyone think that PCGS will ever offer some kind of PL designation? I really like the smaller more compact and clear PcGS holders but at the same time I want a PL designation if my coins merit it. lol. >>

too good. Noticed some of the sealed A-M boxes were going for more. But at least
    image >>

Yeh... I was kind of impatient and just had to "look and see" what kind of coins I had. lol. I'm still waiting for freakin Dillon Gage to FINALLY start selling their reserve of coins. I got on their imaginary? "list" back in late december and in my emails the metals dealer kept assuring me they'll contact (call) me when they're ready to sell and that I was on the list. We'll see if that ever happens. = I wish I had found out that Amark reopened their coins for sale cause I would have had a friend buy a 3rd set for me before that 12 hour window closed.

Has DG given you a reason for the delay?

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Has DG given you a reason for the delay? >>

well the first reason was "We've pushed the date back to January 7th due to overwhelming requests". Then the NEXT reason was "Sir, I assure you that you are on the list, we will update the website with information when its available. That is all I can say for now. You will be contacted when we are ready to sell."

Stuff like that. I stopped emailing the guy cause it was obviously bugging him. lol.

Did they have you fill out an app for an account?

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Did they have you fill out an app for an account? >>

Actually, what happened was I was initially trying to create an account in their bullion trading? program, but in my paperwork that I had faxed I specified that the account was specifically to purchase ATB coins when it was available. I was trying to prepare ahead of time. So when one of their accounts people/ traders contacted me via phone about creating an account, we talked a bit and he eventually said that He'd just shred my paperwork since I wasn't actually goign to be buying $10k worth of bullion and stuff, and that he'd just put me on some list that they had started the week before (atleast I think that's when they started it). And that I would get a call when they were ready to sell and they'd get my payment info that way.
    Funny! That's exactly what happened to me! About 2 months ago I went through
    the whole app thing and they issued me a temp account #. Supposedly I'm on a list
    but with no contact since I'm not holding my breath.

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Funny! That's exactly what happened to me! About 2 months ago I went through
    the whole app thing and they issued me a temp account #. Supposedly I'm on a list
    but with no contact since I'm not holding my breath. >>

I've been tempted to email the representitive again but I know he'd just tell me the same thing... His last email when I bugged him said something like.... "You are on the list, please have more patience." LoL. Andn this was maybe 3 1/2 weeks ago.
    I figured it's better not to bug these guys. I can just see an overworked customer
    service rep making a notation after your name - something like: "Give this guy the
    set that fell off the truck & got run over in the driveway". Something like that. image

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>I figured it's better not to bug these guys. I can just see an overworked customer
    service rep making a notation after your name - something like: "Give this guy the
    set that fell off the truck & got run over in the driveway". Something like that. image >>

LoL. Yah. I thought something like that too... Or that my name somehow got to the bottom of the list when they ran out. So that's why I stopped bugging him. Especially since he'd been pretty nice by responding to my emails.

• << <i>I figured it's better not to bug these guys. I can just see an overworked customer
    set that fell off the truck & got run over in the driveway". Something like that. image >>

Hey! Mine resemble that remark..
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    I will finally get my first set today from Amark. 5 more to go.

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Yeh... I was kind of impatient and just had to "look and see" what kind of coins I had. lol. I'm still waiting for freakin Dillon Gage to FINALLY start selling their reserve of coins. I got on their imaginary? "list" back in late december and in my emails the metals dealer kept assuring me they'll contact (call) me when they're ready to sell and that I was on the list. We'll see if that ever happens. = I wish I had found out that Amark reopened their coins for sale cause I would have had a friend buy a 3rd set for me before that 12 hour window closed. >>

For the flipper crowd you're much better off if DG and the others hold off until well after the F Trade and A Mark sets are absorbed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file