Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<Now that they're out, F Trade should put the pucks in these: >>

<<http://www.air-tites.com/america_the_beautiful_coin_holders.htm >> >>

These Z5 capsules are Air-Tites existing product - they were not made specifically for the pucks and they do not fit the pucks perfectly. My APMEX set came in these and the pucks rattle a bit as the thickness is not the same as the holder. Better than nothing, but not perfect. They are also out of stock for a few more days...

If have three of these if anyone is in desperate need... >>

Geez. Thanks for the note. I thought, based on the advertising, that they had new, specifically designed capusles for the pucks. Why would they advertise these for pucks when they're not the right size?? Time to cancel my order. Thanks!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Another JERK to block....

My buddy sold an A Mark sealed set for $1900:

http://cgi.ebay.com/America-Beautiful-ATB-5-oz-Silver-Set-SEALED-/260731841056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4d42a20

The buyer has TONS of + feedback.

He then gets this message:

Dear onehalffull,

i am sorry, but i wasn't able to come up with the money to pay for this, honestly i thought my offer would have been declined, just a week ago they were going for around $3500-$4000 and an offer of $1900 was sure to be declined. i hope we can cancel this item without any problems, i do appologize for this, really i do. thanks for being so understanding and helping me with this matter, have a great night

- kcb9876

Can you believe this S#^%?

I've never seen such rampant poor buyer behavior. What a nightmare. So, my buddy can tie up his listing for 8 days to file a very, very well deserved non-paying buyer dispute or just let the jerk cancel, get his fees back and re list, which I'm sure that he'll do. As usual, absolutely NO penalty for this horrible buyer, no way for future sellers to know about him. Ebay's policies of no negs for sellers is really making it a disaster. Tons of + mean nothing as they could have a zillion such poor transactions and you'll never know unless the seller is willing to tie up his item for a week to file a non-paying dispute and the jerk accumulates enough violations that you seller filter weeds him out.

Buy now you know to BLOCK THIS JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, NO WAY my buyer thought it was a set. Buyers remorse. >>

BLOCKED!!! These coins are really bringing out the idiots!

Click Positive Feedback, then let him have it!!!image >>

• How have the A-mark pucks been delivered? Fed-X, UPS, USPS??? I should be receiving a set, but am out of town until April 2nd. I may need to get a friend to track my home deliveries for me or make some kind of other arrangements. If they are delivered by US mail, I am fine, as it is being held for me.

Thanks

Gary

edit for spelling.

Gary
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How have the A-mark pucks been delivered? Fed-X, UPS, USPS??? I should be receiving a set, but am out of town until April 2nd. I may need to get a friend to track my home deliveries for me or make some kind of other arrangements. If they are delivered by US mail, I am fin, as it is being held for me.

Thanks

Gary >>

Mine came FedEx

<< <i>Geez. Thanks for the note. I thought, based on the advertising, that they had new, specifically designed capusles for the pucks. Why would they advertise these for pucks when they're not the right size?? Time to cancel my order. Thanks! >>

The diameter is correct, it is a thickness issue. Did anyone else that ordered from APMEX notice they were a bit loose in the holder?
  • Yes my apmex coins did seem a little loose in those holders
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Although it's unfortunate that some of you are having problems with buyers
    remorse, we all know why ebay changed the feedback system. Some high volume
    dishonest sellers were using retaliatory negative feedback against relatively low
    volume honest buyers. That, coupled with the economy, have created the current
    situation. And only a mass exodus of sellers, coupled with a strengthening
    economy, will change things.

As a side note, has anyone tried Craigslist for these? In my neck of the woods
    (SoCal), there was only one listing for pucks - a DG sealed box for $3K.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Although it's unfortunate that some of you are having problems with buyers
    dishonest sellers were using retaliatory negative feedback against relatively low

(SoCal), there was only one listing for pucks - a DG sealed box for $3K. >>

I wouldn't go near Craigslist with someone else's 10 foot pole. Full of scams and expert scammers!

<< <i>As a side note, has anyone tried Craigslist for these? In my neck of the woods

Clearly a fake as DG has not sold theirs yet...

Yeah, you're probably right. Forgot about that. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

These Z5 capsules are Air-Tites existing product - they were not made specifically for the pucks and they do not fit the pucks perfectly. My APMEX set came in these and the pucks rattle a bit as the thickness is not the same as the holder. Better than nothing, but not perfect. They are also out of stock for a few more days...

Geez. Thanks for the note. I thought, based on the advertising, that they had new, specifically designed capusles for the pucks. Why would they advertise these for pucks when they're not the right size?? Time to cancel my order. Thanks! >>

Z5 and Z10 are existing products.

In the days before the first release date from the US Mint, I talked directly with the manu of air tites. They said they hadn't gotten a definite set of dimensions so none had been made.

Air Tites is in MA, perhaps someone can call and ask if they have made them now.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received confirmation from A-Mark on Jan 18 stating my set would be mailed out in 6-8 weeks. My brother-in-law ordered a set during the small window of opportunity last Wednesday and he received a notification on Friday stating that his set had already been shipped! Seems to be no sort of method for shipping out the orders. Anyone else encounter this situation?
    Me too. Order # 18xx. When I call they say no worries but still no pucks. image

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>Although it's unfortunate that some of you are having problems with buyers

Yes, the probem that you cite was very real. However, the response from Ebay went way to far in the other direction - you can NEVER neg. a buyer no matter what?? That's crazy. There has to be a middle groung. A non-paying buyer should absolutely get a neg. Buyer feedback is essentially useless now.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    now this guy is on my blocked this from someone here gurallah and now if you check out his sale on ebay. Did this person back out of deal, thread is too long just thought it was funny he is on the list but is selling these.........someone banned?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>now this guy is on my blocked this from someone here gurallah and now if you check out his sale on ebay. Did this person back out of deal, thread is too long just thought it was funny he is on the list but is selling these.........someone banned? >>

That was from me....this is the weenie that paid (overpaid) $2895 on my BIN, paid immediately and when he received the coins, extorted $300 from me (actually wanted $400) or he would send them back. Typical buyer's remorse...

Since I thought the prices would drop soon I went for it.

AFTER we agreed on the refund this doofas filed a SNAD case against me....YES, AFTER WE AGREED ON A REFUND

I wouldn't trust him with anything.

Those are my APMEX coins...can't see how he'll break even on this one...
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>now this guy is on my blocked this from someone here gurallah and now if you check out his sale on ebay. Did this person back out of deal, thread is too long just thought it was funny he is on the list but is selling these.........someone banned? >>

That was from me....this is the weenie that paid (overpaid) $2895 on my BIN, paid immediately and when he received the coins, extorted $300 from me (actually wanted $400) or he would send them back. Typical buyer's remorse...

Since I thought the prices would drop soon I went for it.

AFTER we agreed on the refund this doofas filed a SNAD case against me....YES, AFTER WE AGREED ON A REFUND

I wouldn't trust him with anything.

Those are my APMEX coins...can't see how he'll break even on this one... >>

Did you finally get it worked out? What a dork i remember the part where you gave him back money but never remember hearing he filed a snad, doesn't that tie up your money too. image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • I really want a PL to keep. If I'm not able to get a PL from the sets I've ordered, I'll have to buy one. I'm hoping prices will come down a bit for these.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • i`ve bought and paid for 2 sets... one from ftrade and one from amark and still no coins in hand. ftrade got my check january 10 and amark was paypaled during the first round of sales. amark seems to not be shipping in any order.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

<< <i>

<< <i>now this guy is on my blocked this from someone here gurallah ....... [/L] >>

That was from me....this is the weenie that paid (overpaid) $2895 on my BIN, paid immediately and when he received the coins, extorted $300 from me (actually wanted $400) or he would send them back. Typical buyer's remorse........... I wouldn't trust him with anything.

Those are my APMEX coins...can't see how he'll break even on this one... >>

I see he's gotten a few negs for selling fake Morgans, and keeps his listings
    private. Didn't someone ask a while ago if any Chinese counterfeit pucks have
    begun to show up yet? Odd that he would sell these at a "loss". image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • $3125 for 2 sets.....I think he got spanked on these...

I feel sooooooooooooooooo sorry fot the little weenie...image

<< <i>$3125 for 2 sets.....I think he got spanked on these...

I feel sooooooooooooooooo sorry fot the little weenie...image >>

$50 FVF, $95 PayPal fee and $35 for insured shipping. My guess is he will be coming back for an additional refund from boucharda...
    I hope that it's a lousey buyer that causes him some trouble to boot.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Geez. Thanks for the note. I thought, based on the advertising, that they had new, specifically designed capusles for the pucks. Why would they advertise these for pucks when they're not the right size?? Time to cancel my order. Thanks! >>

Z5 and Z10 are existing products.

In the days before the first release date from the US Mint, I talked directly with the manu of air tites. They said they hadn't gotten a definite set of dimensions so none had been made.

Air Tites is in MA, perhaps someone can call and ask if they have made them now. >>

Text

I looked online and it looks like they are in AZ?
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Marketing genius, no doubt about it.

What a bonehead. Going into a softer market as more pucks become available, I'd first try to enhance saleability by getting them graded with the money I extorted. If the grades received are lesser numbers, I'd hold, rather than sell into a declining market. Who knows what the h3ll he's doing.

<< <i>

$50 FVF, $95 PayPal fee and $35 for insured shipping. My guess is he will be coming back for an additional refund from boucharda... >>

what leverage can he extort with on a second round?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • do you know your brother-inlaws order # ???
    below 3100???

• << <i>

What a bonehead. Going into a softer market as more pucks become available, I'd first try to enhance saleability by getting them graded with the money I extorted. If the grades received are lesser numbers, I'd hold, rather than sell into a declining market. Who knows what the h3ll he's doing. >>

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now that would make sense!
    PS I can't believe someone is trying to flip a flip.

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

What a bonehead. Going into a softer market as more pucks become available, I'd first try to enhance saleability by getting them graded with the money I extorted. If the grades received are lesser numbers, I'd hold, rather than sell into a declining market. Who knows what the h3ll he's doing. >>

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now that would make sense! >>

Glad I could state the obvious! image

• << <i>PS I can't believe someone is trying to flip a flip. >>

It's a weenie trademark....
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is The Mint still going to offer a "Collectors" Version of the 2010 Pucks for direct sale to the public?

I haven't heard anything on this lately.
    GrandAm :)
  • Yeah, the numismatic versions are supposed to be out during the first quarter of 2011. The Mint's website still lists them as TBA.

I'd expect for an update soon.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

There has been much talk about them selling them as singles over a 5 day period. If they do this it will be a complete disaster over 5 days

instead of 1. Most people will not be able to spend 5 days in front of the telephone or computer and the sale will be limited to those that can.

Like me!
    It will be interesting (or depressing) to see how much more these things tank once the F Trades sets hit.

It will also be very interesting to see what happens if the F Trades end up being the last mass publicly offered sets. If that is the case, I would expect for the ebay numbers to go down this Spring and, with the release of the 2011 issues, perhaps the 2010s will take off. No way to know of course, will just have to wait and see.

I also wonder how much worse the selling prices will be as the game gets underway tonight.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, the numismatic versions are supposed to be out during the first quarter of 2011. The Mint's website still lists them as TBA.

I'd expect for an update soon. >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I read were all the 2010 dated coins had to be struck and released for sale in 2010?
    GrandAm :)
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

<< <i>do you know your brother-inlaws order # ???
    below 3100??? >>

The bro-in-law's # is 35XX and mine is 10XX.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It will be interesting (or depressing) to see how much more these things tank once the F Trades sets hit.

It will also be very interesting to see what happens if the F Trades end up being the last mass publicly offered sets. If that is the case, I would expect for the ebay numbers to go down this Spring and, with the release of the 2011 issues, perhaps the 2010s will take off. No way to know of course, will just have to wait and see.

I also wonder how much worse the selling prices will be as the game gets underway tonight. >>

I don't know how anyone can complain about a 60% instant profit! I know the "money for nothing and yer chicks for free" attitude of this thread is sometimes sickening but here's the last 11 sales of ungraded set, not bad if you ask me:

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Updated pops , 69's rising better sell quick image

Yo Yosemite still rules

Joe

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    That just doesn't seem like very many to me...I'm glad mine will soon be on the list
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That just doesn't seem like very many to me...I'm glad mine will soon be on the list >>

Mine arrived on Friday--Yosemite and Hot Springs will add to the 69's

Notice only 28 Yosemite's graded, must be much worse condition than others.

Joe

• << <i>

<< <i>That just doesn't seem like very many to me...I'm glad mine will soon be on the list >>

Mine arrived on Friday--Yosemite and Hot Springs will add to the 69's

Notice only 28 Yosemite's graded, must be much worse condition than others.

Joe >>

Interesting. The Yosemite is the only one where the other grades outnumber the 69. I would have though that to be more true across all, due to what I've seen so far. But then again, these numbers should be biased toward the high end (you're more likely to submit if you've got a nice piece).
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, I think I have a PL Yosemite...it's the best coin in my set...how much would that be worth?
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In all seriousness, I think I have a PL Yosemite...it's the best coin in my set...how much would that be worth? >>

The Yosemite's so far are not as tough as the Yellowstone's in PL from what we've seen. However DPL is another story. We sold a 68DPL Yosemite recently for the BIN price of $2499.
    Hope this info helps.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In all seriousness, I think I have a PL Yosemite...it's the best coin in my set...how much would that be worth? >>

The Yosemite's so far are not as tough as the Yellowstone's in PL from what we've seen. However DPL is another story. We sold a 68DPL Yosemite recently for the BIN price of $2499.
    Hope this info helps.

John >>

What, if any, has been your most predictable source of quality ATB coins, John?? Whcih AP has been giving you the best potential for PL or DPL?

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>[

<< <i>do you know your brother-inlaws order # ???
    below 3100??? >>

The bro-in-law's # is 35XX and mine is 10XX. >>

A-Mark orders 51 & 220 received. #573 still no sign of it.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Hope this info helps.

John >>

Shortly after WW2 my Dad was stationed on the USS YO-semite (as in "might". Thats how he pronounced it back then!)
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

• << <i>

<< <i>

Hope this info helps.

John >>

What, if any, has been your most predictable source of quality ATB coins, John?? Whcih AP has been giving you the best potential for PL or DPL?

Miles >>

MCM had a WTB post in the BST a few days back (sorry, can't think of any more acronyms!). They were paying a $50 premium for sealed boxes from MTB over sealed boxes from Amark. So if that means anything, they must be getting better scores from MTB. It should be noted though that as far as already opened sets go, they were paying more for AMark. Makes sense, given the PCGS slabbing.

EDIT: BST Link.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Any one else still waiting on MTB? I think my check cleared on the 13th or 17th

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file