Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Oops.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>In all seriousness, I think I have a PL Yosemite...it's the best coin in my set...how much would that be worth? >>

The Yosemite's so far are not as tough as the Yellowstone's in PL from what we've seen. However DPL is another story. We sold a 68DPL Yosemite recently for the BIN price of $2499.
    Hope this info helps.

John >>

What, if any, has been your most predictable source of quality ATB coins, John?? Whcih AP has been giving you the best potential for PL or DPL?

Miles >>

Correct assumption by PinkFloyd. I think the PL/DPL aspect is more random with regard to source.
    Oh yes, and thanks for reminding me to bump the WTB BST!

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any one else still waiting on MTB? I think my check cleared on the 13th or 17th >>

Yup. Mine cleared on the 13th, too, and I haven't heard a peep...
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Don't most (all?) of the Yosemite's have a small whitish spot on Washington's cheek?

• << <i>Don't most (all?) of the Yosemite's have a small whitish spot on Washington's cheek? >>

how will this affect grading can it still get a pl or dpl can it get a 69 ???? anyone know
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you guys are selling the unopened boxes (like A-Mark), how are you boxing/sending them to be safe, but economical?
    Do they fit in the USPS flat rate (large) boxes? I think they are just a bit too big, right?

Looking at USPS, I know I must be missing something that could make it easier.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>this must be a joke !!!! >>

Must have been ended early by the seller.
    Not showing up in the recently completed listings.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shows up with the price in green.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>

Not showing up in the recently completed listings. >>

thats were i found it is in completed ...... man i will take all 33000 for that price
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS

<< <i>

<< <i>

thats were i found it is in completed ...... man i will take all 33000 for that price >>

wow, I must have missed it. Probably sorted incorrectly, again.

Wonder if it had to do with where it was listed?:
    * Coins & Paper Money >
    * Coins: US >
    * Commemorative >
    * Modern (1982-Now) >
    * 1995-Now

• << <i>When you guys are selling the unopened boxes (like A-Mark), how are you boxing/sending them to be safe, but economical?
    Do they fit in the USPS flat rate (large) boxes? I think they are just a bit too big, right?

Looking at USPS, I know I must be missing something that could make it easier. >>

The A-mark boxes fit perfectly in the medium size flat rate box. I used signature confirmation. I think it was like $12 total
    Michael Marquis
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When you guys are selling the unopened boxes (like A-Mark), how are you boxing/sending them to be safe, but economical?

Looking at USPS, I know I must be missing something that could make it easier. >>

The A-mark boxes fit perfectly in the medium size flat rate box. I used signature confirmation. I think it was like $12 total >>

Cool! Thanks

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Yeh I noticed that about the Yosimite having a white scuff mark on his cheek. What's up with that?
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't most (all?) of the Yosemite's have a small whitish spot on Washington's cheek? >>

how will this affect grading can it still get a pl or dpl can it get a 69 ???? anyone know >>

I saw a PCGS 69 on the bay with the mark on the cheek.

Joe

edited to add link:

linky

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't most (all?) of the Yosemite's have a small whitish spot on Washington's cheek? >>

how will this affect grading can it still get a pl or dpl can it get a 69 ???? anyone know >>

I saw a PCGS 69 on the bay with the mark on the cheek.

Joe

edited to add link:

linky >>

(that was my listing)
    I've seen about 2 dozen sets so far and every single Yosemite had some degree of a mark on the cheek, including the three MS69s I've seen. I think they do make these tougher to grade 69, but obviously not impossible.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    On HSN over the weekend they apparently claimed to have found 1 MS70 set that they may sell this week for $30,000 on the show. Lets hope the power goes out.image
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On HSN over the weekend they apparently claimed to have found 1 MS70 set that they may sell this week for $30,000 on the show. Lets hope the power goes out.image >>

It hasn't shown up in any pop reports has it?
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    It is apparently an ANACS set, not PCGS.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Here is a video of the presentation where he says that. Click on the video link under the picture.

• << <i>

That auction was a 7 day auction that was ended by the seller less than 2 hours after it was listed. Probably got a decent offer and accepted it...
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The consensus is these are not spots and they are not marks, it is an area where some unfinishing in die preperation occurred and/or a striking anomaly and the severity varies.

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

The consensus is these are not spots and they are not marks, it is an area where some unfinishing in die preperation occurred and/or a striking anomaly and the severity varies. >>

Thanks John, I've been asking about this spot for several weeks with no responses...image
    HSN said they are going to have the "only" ANACS 70 set on one of their shows this week for 30K
    Are all Amark sets labeled as Choice BU?
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

<< <i>Are all Amark sets labeled as Choice BU? >>

Mine was when I got it last Monday, and I believe all of them are graded PCGS Choice BU.

• << <i>

<< <i>Are all Amark sets labeled as Choice BU? >>

Mine was when I got it last Monday, and I believe all of them are graded PCGS Choice BU. >>

It says on their ATB sales website that all would be slabbed by pcgs as Choice BU First Strike.
    My A-marks are tough. The quality beat APMEX by a mile!image
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish someone could buy this guy a clue! 15k for a mislabeled set image
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em.

212 981 4550

If you call them they'll take your email address and send you an email to start the ball rolling.

I suppose there are some who haven't done the MTB thing.

• << <i>Yeah, the numismatic versions are supposed to be out during the first quarter of 2011. The Mint's website still lists them as TBA.
    I'd expect for an update soon. >>

Can you send the direct link to the mint website where they are listed as TBA?
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Is Amark now just shipping without a notice? Has anyone here received them without getting a shippment notice?image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

<< <i>I wish someone could buy this guy a clue! 15k for a mislabeled set image >>

Ya, no kidding, for a couple grand less, they could have this set which is properly labeled PCGS CHOICE BU SETimage

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is Amark now just shipping without a notice? Has anyone here received them without getting a shippment notice?image >>

I got my shipping notice a couple hours after I picked up the coins at the PO.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

• << <i>MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em.

212 981 4550

If you call them they'll take your email address and send you an email to start the ball rolling.

I suppose there are some who haven't done the MTB thing. >>

Thanks for the head's up! During their initial offering my emails kept getting "undelivered" notices.

<< <i>Is Amark now just shipping without a notice? Has anyone here received them without getting a shippment notice?image >>

Yup, my buddy called me on Jan 28th to report his set was dropped off, he'd received No shipping Notice.

• << <i>MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em.

212 981 4550

A coworker just called and was told no. She asked if there was a list that she could get on and was told no. They told her to call back in March.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em.

212 981 4550

A coworker just called and was told no. She asked if there was a list that she could get on and was told no. They told her to call back in March.

John >>

I just called and got an email! Thanks a lot for the tip! Hopefully I'll be able to get a set!

-Paul

Edited to add: By "just called" I meant around noon, right after I noticed the comment that they were taking orders.
  • << MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em.

212 981 4550

John >>

I called and got the same response. Will try in March
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    My MTB coins are out for delivery today via UPS. Had to call MTB again today and speak with Mr Phillips to get confirmation & tracking info. Absolutely no communications from them after they cashed my check.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em.

212 981 4550

Just called, They said they will be taking orders the beginning of march, they didn't ask for any info from me
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I called them and they sent me a form but I can not figure out how to download it. I have it saved but can not bring it up to print.

Any suggestions.

I am not very computer oriented,

• << <i>

<< <i>I wish someone could buy this guy a clue! 15k for a mislabeled set image >>

Ya, no kidding, for a couple grand less, they could have this set which is properly labeled PCGS CHOICE BU SETimage >>

So he wants you to pay over 12 grand for an set with no numerical grades....and has the guts to charge $19 more for shipping!

Grab this one fast before it's gone.....

<< <i>My MTB coins are out for delivery today via UPS. Had to call MTB again today and speak with Mr Phillips to get confirmation & tracking info. Absolutely no communications from them after they cashed my check. >>

Did you have to strong arm them or were they happy to help?
    I have no communication either after check cashed, but I have not called yet.

• << <i>I called them and they sent me a form but I can not figure out how to download it. I have it saved but can not bring it up to print.

Any suggestions.

I am not very computer oriented, >>

Mine came as a PDF file.....open it (double click on the pdf file link) and click on the little printer icon upper left of document (or right click on document and choose print)

Edited to add:

Don't trust emailing it back....I tried that three times and they all were returned. Fax it....I went to Staples and it worked fine.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I called them and they sent me a form but I can not figure out how to download it. I have it saved but can not bring it up to print.

Any suggestions.

I am not very computer oriented, >>

PM sent
  • < MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em. 212 981 4550 If you call them they'll take your email address and send you an email to start the ball rolling. I suppose there are some who haven't done the MTB
    thing. >>

Just called and was told that they were NOT taking orders and to try back in a few days.

• << <i>< MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em. 212 981 4550 If you call them they'll take your email address and send you an email to start the ball rolling. I suppose there are some who haven't done the MTB
    thing. >>

Just called and was told that they were NOT taking orders and to try back in a few days.

image >>

How were they taking payment?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>< MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em. 212 981 4550 If you call them they'll take your email address and send you an email to start the ball rolling. I suppose there are some who haven't done the MTB
    thing. >>

image >>

How were they taking payment? >>

Check.

-Paul

• << <i>

<< <i>< MTB is taking orders today. I just called 'em. 212 981 4550 If you call them they'll take your email address and send you an email to start the ball rolling. I suppose there are some who haven't done the MTB
    thing. >>

image >>

How were they taking payment? >>

They are taking personal check or Cashiers check only from what I could tell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file