Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>So now that it is Feb 1 (my shipment target delivery date), I expected my A-Mark set Fed Ex status to show "Out for Delivery", but it instead appears that the status is regressing. The current status is "Shipment information sent to FedEx". image >>

Geez, what did you say to them? Never PO the delivery guy! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So now that it is Feb 1 (my shipment target delivery date), I expected my A-Mark set Fed Ex status to show "Out for Delivery", but it instead appears that the status is regressing. The current status is "Shipment information sent to FedEx". image >>

Geez, what did you say to them? Never PO the delivery guy! image >>

that was my status, and about 10 minutes later got a text form the wife, 'your package is here'.

good news, they beat the snow storm. Bad news, I wont be home for another 8 hours.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A-MARK ROCKS!

They absolutely provided the best packaging I have ever received in a coin shipment and these coins have NOT been picked over. I would guess at least 2 would grade 69. The question is: does one just send these monsters
    back to PCGS as-is for numeric grading or should they be cracked out which could be quite a mess? >>

Send them AS IS. It'll cost $30 each to get a grade on them, but you'll get the FS label for free!

-Paul
  • I don't have pics yet, but my A-Mark coins look great. They really look like proof coins. Now I need to look at them under 10x magnification (or more) to see if I can find any flaws (maybe 7over8 will loan me my microscope image ) before I decide to send them in for real grades.

Does PCGS have a "blue box" for these slabs? What about Intercept?
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Send them AS IS. It'll cost $30 each to get a grade on them, but you'll get the FS label for free! >>

Thanks Paul.
    Hmm, about $200 to get the set graded.
  • Ftrade to start shipping next 2 weeks. I received this email from them.

We continue to process orders for the ATB program. Unfortunately, many people attempted to circumvent the 1 set per household policy. This has slowed down our review and compliance process because we must check all possible permutations of name, address, etc. However, we remain dedicated to distributing the coins as broadly and as quickly as possible. We will not cash checks unless the corresponding order is accepted. We will send individual emails confirming a) receipt of orders, b) acceptance of orders and c) shipment of orders. Regarding packaging, the coins have been a) carefully removed from the original mint boxes and tubes (we use soft gloves and non-abrasive surfaces), b) individually placed in small bubble-wrap envelopes, c) the set placed in a fiberboard envelope, and d) the envelope sealed in a FedEx Bubble Pak. We expect to begin shipping via FedEx Express Saver service in the first half of February.

We thank you for your business and patience.
    FideliTrade Incorporated

Never mind this was already posted. I'm just a rookie
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for the gallery...

As someone who plans to put these away and forget about them (until they're worth a fortune at some distant future date...HA HA)...is there really any overriding reason to have them broken out of their A-Mark BU slabs and specfically graded? Other than pure curiosity, that is?

PS...I know raw coins are a different matter, as protection from the elements is an issue.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto.
    I hit them up on facebook and they sent me an email address to complain to. I did, and this morning got a call asking if I wanted them to hold it or reroute it to a local fedex/kinko's.
    I was told I would also get another call on the issue itself.

Their tracking of these is very messed up.....since they were sent "saver" service, they were bumped for anything that was more urgent, in how it was sent, and are in the process of being sorted now. I am betting yours is the same way.

I also complained on their 1-800 number, directly to them. The way they handled this is pretty poor from a customer service standpoint, imho.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Question for the gallery...

As someone who plans to put these away and forget about them (until they're worth a fortune at some distant future date...HA HA)...is there really any overriding reason to have them broken out of their A-Mark BU slabs and specfically graded? Other than pure curiosity, that is?

PS...I know raw coins are a different matter, as protection from the elements is an issue. >>

Well I guess it would just depend on the cost of grading now compared to 10 years from now. I had the same idea but the curiosity is killing me so I will be sending mine in.

I was also wondering what time frame would get you the best grade, for example, since the grading companies are seeing so many right now do you think the grades are more leinient now as opposed to 10 years from now?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Been watching this thread for a couple hundred pages and haven't seen this issue, so I though I'd ask.

I got a set from MTB, and they all look great, except for a slight issue with Yosemite. Strangely enough, the cheek spot is not noticeable without holding it close to a light source and angling it the right way. Unfortunately, the edge lettering stamp seems to have been off center, resulting in the bottom of some of the letters to fall minutely off the coin.

In the below pic, you can see some faint "indentations" on the rim above Washington's head. You can clearly see from the bottom of the coin that the top edge of the coin is angled slightly away from the camera, meaning the edge lettering should not be visible at all.

In this pic you can see the edge lettering all the way at the bottom of the coin edge.

Sorry for the small pics, it is much easier to see the overhang in full size but the pics are huge. Other than this issue, the coin is in fantastic shape compared to other pics I have seen. Can anybody tell me how badly this would affect grading?

Thanks
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine are going to NGC for crossovers. I feel they will all grade proof like.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    nvm
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>

I also complained on their 1-800 number, directly to them. The way they handled this is pretty poor from a customer service standpoint, imho. >>

I think they were pretty under-staffed for the undertaking of this (at least in the phone-answering dept). Still, they charged $100 for shipping/handling, and while it's great they're using PCGS holders, it seems like they could have splurged in the shipping dept. a little.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

From yesterday's FideliTrade email:

" We expect to begin shipping via FedEx Express Saver service in the first half of February."

Get ready for round 2. image

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>Mine are going to NGC for crossovers. I feel they will all grade proof like. >>

Can you please explain further? When you say mine, from whom did you get them from, MTB?

What is a crossover?

Thanks

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

<< <i>From yesterday's FideliTrade email:

" We expect to begin shipping via FedEx Express Saver service in the first half of February."

Get ready for round 2. image >>

Round two, please explain? Are you speaking about the next wave of flips?

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    image KGMe! Great question and nice pics! It is "as struck". IMO... I don't think it should affect the grade. image

• << <i>A-MARK ROCKS!

They absolutely provided the best packaging I have ever received in a coin shipment and these coins have NOT been picked over. I would guess at least 2 would grade 69. The question is: does one just send these monsters
    back to PCGS as-is for numeric grading or should they be cracked out which could be quite a mess? >>

Agree A-Mark did a great job. Barring a miracle from DG, CNT, or Jack Hunt I can't see A-Mark being outdone. IMHO A-Mark's entire process from on-line ordering, encapsulating, and shipping has been amazing.

I'm not cracking mine out. Just sending them in for regrading.

<< <i>

<< <i>From yesterday's FideliTrade email:
    " .... via FedEx Express Saver service ...."
    Get ready for round 2. image >>

Round two, please explain? Are you speaking about the next wave of flips? >>

Naw. Just referring to the fact that some seem to be having probs with FedEx's Express Saver "service".

~ Vince Lombardi
  • EDIT:
    Dupe.

• << <i>image KGMe! Great question and nice pics! It is "as struck". IMO... I don't think it should affect the grade. image >>

Thank You!

Fidelitrade is sending out "Dear John" cancellation e-mails now...a co-worker (he ordered a set and so did his adult son) just received this:

Dear ATB customer,

FideliTrade has received your purchase order and payment, however, your order has not been approved by our compliance department.

Your order may have been flagged because it was found to be a duplicate order. As you know, there is a limit of one set per household.

Your order may have been flagged because we could not reasonably verify/confirm your identity to match the information you provided on your purchase order.
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Who is left with pucks to sell, at this point. Any ideas as to when the remaining AP's will be selling them?
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>Fidelitrade is sending out "Dear John" cancellation e-mails now...a co-worker (he ordered a set and so did his adult son) just received this:

Dear ATB customer,

FideliTrade has received your purchase order and payment, however, your order has not been approved by our compliance department.

Your order may have been flagged because it was found to be a duplicate order. As you know, there is a limit of one set per household.

Your order may have been flagged because we could not reasonably verify/confirm your identity to match the information you provided on your purchase order. >>

any idea if his check was cashed.

wondering if they deposited all checks and then will refund those out of compliance?
  • Wow these things are dogs imo.

<< <i>Really? I think this is pretty cool. It is palm sized >>

The size is cool. I just don't like the looks and I don't say that often.

<< <i>Who is left with pucks to sell, at this point. Any ideas as to when the remaining AP's will be selling them? >>

http://atb.cntofma.com/

http://www.dillongage.com/metals/bullion-trading/Default.aspx At least they seem to update the note every couple of days.

http://www.jackhunt.com/ IMHO the least likely to ever sell to the public.

I think there is one more but they too seem to be very unlikely to sell to the public.

<<any idea if his check was cashed. >>

<<wondering if they deposited all checks and then will refund those out of compliance? >>

His check was NOT cashed and uncashed checks will be returned...from the same Fedlitrade e-mail...

Duplicate orders will not be processed.

Commercial or business orders (ex: acct title – John’s Coins / tax ID 51-0000000) will not be processed. Only sales to individuals at residential addresses will be accepted.

Customers who do not request further research should expect to receive their un-cashed checks within 1-2 weeks.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 New Members in one page! Welcome, y'all!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Welcome new guys. Please don't be shy in contributing all you have on your mind.

• << <i>

<< <i>Who is left with pucks to sell, at this point. Any ideas as to when the remaining AP's will be selling them? >>

http://www.dillongage.com/metals/bullion-trading/Default.aspx At least they seem to update the note every couple of days.

I think there is one more but they too seem to be very unlikely to sell to the public. >>

DG has been selling their sets to dealers. I purchased sets from two dealers who got their sets from DG, and they had plenty available. If DG ever does sell to the public, they won't have many sets left.
    <<4 New Members in one page! Welcome, y'all>>

Did anyone tell the freshmen about the membership fee? No?

In that case, please send me your cc info to gain full membership to the site.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Fidelitrade is sending out "Dear John" cancellation e-mails now...a co-worker (he ordered a set and so did his adult son) just received this:

Dear ATB customer,

Your order may have been flagged because we could not reasonably verify/confirm your identity to match the information you provided on your purchase order. >>

OUCH!!!!! Ftrade ain't cutting any slack in the compliance dept!!!!

<< <i>

I think there is one more but they too seem to be very unlikely to sell to the public. >>

Apmex.

<< <i>

Dear ATB customer,

OUCH!!!!! Ftrade ain't cutting any slack in the compliance dept!!!! >>

You are correct and it has really slowed down the whole process. Most of us haven't got our sets yet.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear ATB customer,

image I hate cheaters!! Good for Fidelitrade!!

• << <i>The size is cool. I just don't like the looks and I don't say that often. >>

They really look good in-hand. At least mine from A-Mark do. The PCGS slabs for these are excellent, like giant rattlers. The quality of the coins is outstanding also.

Mine are on the way to PCGS now. They fit perfectly in a Medium Flat Rate box. I'm "expecting" 3 69s, 1 68 and 1 67.

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    I'd say about 12,000 have been released to the 'public'. That is only about 1/3 of the mintage.

3500- mtb
    3500- fidelitrade
    3500- amark
    500 - apmex
    500 - prudential
    500 - gold center

cnt - 0
    dillon - 0
    jack - 0

Coins and things might be in April. Will anyone care by then?

Eitherway, it looks like the recent flurry might be it for a while. image Whatever will we do.... image

Fedex rocks! Delivered in the Blizzard! (good song title?)

Now I gotta warm these pucks up, all I see is condensation from moisture collecting on the frigid slabs!

• Just received my Amark order # 11XX.............will post a couple pics soon!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd say about 12,000 have been released to the 'public'. That is only about 1/3 of the mintage.

3500- mtb
    3500- fidelitrade
    3500- amark
    500 - apmex
    500 - prudential
    500 - gold center

cnt - 0
    dillon - 0
    jack - 0

Eitherway, it looks like the recent flurry might be it for a while. image Whatever will we do.... image >>

No way on the GC numbers, at the absolute most it coulda been 300 to the public, the rest went out the back door...
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    MT&B order arrived today out of the clear blue by UPS, paid by check.
  • sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    MT&B order arrived today out of the clear blue by UPS, paid by check.

Still waiting on my MTB coins. When did your check clear your bank?
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Just received my Amark order # 11XX.............will post a couple pics soon! >>

Interested in how your Yosemite Looks and let me know what the heck that spot is on GW's cheek, nobody seems interested in that...image
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    1/7/11 MTB check cleared and just received UPS, 1 coin loose in box. BTW heavy die polish on a coin, lots of polish on the A Marks too. The early APMEX coins were flawless.

Edit: Check cleared 1/7/11 for MTB
    Can anybody tell me the specifics on the MTB check hold policy?
    I know that they hold the check for X number of days.

How many days? and, is it after the check clears your bank?
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...

• << <i>I'd say about 12,000 have been released to the 'public'. That is only about 1/3 of the mintage.

3500- mtb
    3500- fidelitrade
    3500- amark
    500 - apmex
    500 - prudential
    500 - gold center

cnt - 0
    dillon - 0
    jack - 0

Eitherway, it looks like the recent flurry might be it for a while. image Whatever will we do.... image >>

The whole thing stinks like collusion/conspiracy to manipulate the secondary market price. Not necessarily explicitly against the Mint rules but these things have not been widely and fairly available. As soon as the FT and AM flood is over and the # on sets on ebay peaks and the ebbs we'll see another few jump in to sell whatever the preffered customers and dealers didn't want.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• << <i>1/21/11 MTB check cleared and just received UPS, 1 coin loose in box. BTW heavy die polish on a coin, lots of polish on the A Marks too. The early APMEX coins were flawless. >>

You are not the only one with 1 loose coin.

<< <i>Can anybody tell me the specifics on the MTB check hold policy?
    I know that they hold the check for X number of days.

How many days, and is it after the check clears your bank? >>

My personal check was deposited by MTB 1/13 and my order "went to the vault" on 1/30. I'm pretty sure the form sent in said 17 calender days and did not describe the days as "business", as opposed to Ftrade which is ten business days.
    my order "went to the vault" on 1/30.

Does this mean that you have received communication that a set has been set aside for you?

I have received no communication.

<< <i>my order "went to the vault" on 1/30.

Does this mean that you have received communication that a set has been set aside for you?

I have received no communication. >>

No communication, I called + asked.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file