Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my order "went to the vault" on 1/30.

Does this mean that you have received communication that a set has been set aside for you?

I have received no communication. >>

My check was cashed about the same time. I called last Thursday and was told the coins went to the vault this past Friday. Called again today and was told the same thing but not provided shipping information. Those MTB guys arent exactly the most friendly on the phone.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Those MTB guys arent exactly the most friendly on the phone.

Less than friendly I would say. I have only called once and got no information but a lecture not to worry about it
    and, how busy they were.

I personally don't care if they are friendly or not, but It would be good business if they could just provide some info.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • I would try calling them again anyway.Thats what I did and lo and behold they had shipped and gave me a tracking number which I never recieved thru my email.Got my set today and my check had cleared on the 5th.They hold checks for 21 days after they clear.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1/21/11 MTB check cleared and just received UPS, 1 coin loose in box. BTW heavy die polish on a coin, lots of polish on the A Marks too. The early APMEX coins were flawless. >>

My check cleared on the 13th. I haven't heard anything from them since 1/5 when they received my order and asked for a check.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sbeverly, you asked this question yesterday (page 370) and I replied with (page 371). This thread moves so fast it is not easy to find posts and answers.

The MTB policy was a 17 day hold for personal checks. That is exactly what they did with mine.

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody have any action out of MTB lately? Any recent deliveries? If so, how long after your check cleared?

I'm curious also...My checked cleared the 14th-a day after yours. >>

My check was posted on the 14th also. I just recieved a UPS tracking number today. Check your Emails from UPS Quantum View. My set looks to finally be on it's way! >>

• sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
    With FT my check cleared last week. Still awaiting word on shipment. WOW 7.5k posts!
  • sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    sbeverly, you asked this question yesterday (page 370) and I replied with (page 371). This thread moves so fast it is not easy to find posts and answers.

I remember the post but not the reply. Also, I wasn't sure if it was it business days, or total days.
    If you have received a tracking number it looks like total days.

Congrats...
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, you guys are right. That MTB check cleared on 1/7/11, I lost track of which is which. I edited my post above to make it clear.

BTW no email or anything that they shipped. The MTB coins come in the same large airtites that APMEX shipped in.
    Thanks, My MTB set is currently sitting in Lexington, KY, United States. Shipped via UPS Ground. Scheduled delivery of Tuesday, 02/08/2011.

Another week of waitingimage
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks, My MTB set is currently sitting in Lexington, KY, United States. Shipped via UPS Ground. Scheduled delivery of Tuesday, 02/08/2011.

Another week of waitingimage >>

Wow, that sucks. My MTB set was shipped UPS 2nd day Air. Got in 2 days.....

• I believe the long term demand for these will surprise a lot of people. I think at around $1500, if they do get they get there, will be the spot to pick these up on the after market.jmho
  • I got my AMark set today - really excited until I opened the box. I like the size and weight, but the designs are just OK. I think I'm going to sell my set and put the profits towards filling holes in my barber half set. I'll probably only get the Alaska 5 ozer when it comes out.

The kilo pucks would probably be more fun for the purchase price - now there's size and weight!!
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe the long term demand for these will surprise a lot of people. I think at around $1500, if they do get they get there, will be the spot to pick these up on the after market.jmho >>

You'll get no competition from me! image
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I've seen many pics and also very descriptive info on some pucks rec'd

However, most who think they have MS69, probably only will make 67 or 68

Excessive die polishing lines that haze even one side will keep a coin from going PL.

They will also keep a coin from going 69.

Just because a coin is "shiny" doesnt mean it's PL - most TPG's require a certain depth of the mirrors, at least 4 inches where you can " clearly ", I emphasize " clearly ", be able to see and read at that distance while peering into them.
    By the way, do all the newbies know that you actually need a MEMBERSHIP with PCGS to resubmit these coins.

In addition to the charge to grade.

I dont recall what it is now, but the cheap one is around $99?
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>By the way, do all the newbies know that you actually need a MEMBERSHIP with PCGS to resubmit these coins.

In addition to the charge to grade.

I dont recall what it is now, but the cheap one is around $99? >>

- OR -

Resubmit via a PCGS dealer. Are you kidding me? PCGS requires a membership to re-submit?
    the way this is going on the bay

we will be at 1500 or less for an amark set within days

they are selling in the 1700's and edgeing lower now into the 1600's

boys - the goose is cooked.

<< <i>boys - the goose is cooked. >>

Yepper.

• I can't speculate on what others may have received from A-Mark but all 10 of the of the ones I examined were Superb Gem quality and Proof Like. Everyone knows that the main difference in the final grade is whether you have NGC grade them or PCGS.

I thought this whole thing was was going to be a nightmare before the actual coins began to dribble into the market. I really expected a Hockey Puck type gross looking round but was amazed and delighted at what eventually was delivered. Sure there were people who paid stupid money for these at first. There always is. These have turned out to be a pleasant surprise. You can pick away at them and forecast prices in the cellar and even the AP's not being able to unload them but if that is the case I believe you grossly under estimate this issue.

Again, this JMHO but I have been around the block a few times.

• << <i>...but was amazed and delighted at what eventually was delivered. >>

Me too. My A-Mark pieces are first rate in every respect. Very glad I got them!

I have no idea where the prices of these will settle but am sure it will be above A-Mark's price I paid.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    My guess is this is the peak of the number of active ebay auctions.

With no other AP's selling in the near future, I expect these to stabilize and then trend up as people realize no others are coming to market.

• a-mark site selling now
    just placed went right through ...
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>a-mark site selling now
    just placed went right through ... >>

GRAB YER GUNS BOYS!!! image
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amark PCGS FS BU ATB set in route to the hizouse.

Due Feb 04.

• the way this is going on the bay

we will be at 1500 or less for an amark set within days

they are selling in the 1700's and edgeing lower now into the 1600's

boys - the goose is cooked.

I agree, I just received my Amark set today...not bad IMO, I think we are now down to what label is going to sell for the biggest bang as far as the Amark coins, 1. a "Choice BU"

or 2. a ms66-67-68 or even a PL

whether or not the grades are correct makes no difference at this point...they are paying for the label....JMO

<< <i>[a-mark site selling now >>

Holy Cow! Seems to work?

I'm filing this one in the official WTF? category of 5 oz pucks.

I'd buy one, only i already bought one.

Didn't test it to the end.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend just placed an order at amark as well. It's open season, assuming it goes through. Order number #30xx.
    my buddy just placed one too
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I just placed an order with them #30xx.

• << <i>I just placed an order with them #30xx. >>

That's nice and convenient of them to keep that number series going....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
    The image is over Amark seems to be sold out.....again.image
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My A-Mark pucks arrived today, sadly I'm 6,000 nm away. image

Please post a pic of the PGCS First Strike BU sticker.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    A-Mark Order 30xx

Same Paypal account, but shipping to my work address, we'll see if it works image
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just placed an order with them #30xx. >>

good for you glad to hear you got in on this one called my buddy he got one too can't lose at that price thanks for the heads up image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

<< <i>The image is over Amark seems to be sold out.....again.image >>

I still show you can order on there. Mine whizzed through pay pal with no problem.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I go to the Amark site, I get an HTM server error.........?
    ----- kj
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    Just placed an order and it went through at Amark. Order 30XX just 5 minutes ago. There is a server error on their site but just click on the ATB link on the upper right and it takes you to the order page.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When I go to the Amark site, I get an HTM server error.........? >>

Linky
  • JWMGT90JWMGT90 Posts: 305 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just placed an order and it went through at Amark. Order 30XX just 5 minutes ago. >>

same here order 30XX
    I went to the Amark site and had one in my cart. I have already ordered a set so I just closed it out.

I wonder if the set is still sitting in the cartimage
    My mistake about the sellout. One set in the GF's cart.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    my purchase just failed...like it did the first day after the sellout
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
    So I wonder what's going on.... a computer glitz or do they really have more sets available??
    ----- kj

No computer glitch. Mine cleared through pay pal.
    Thanks for the links... was able to load up a set also.

But... I still wonder about a computer glitch on Amarks side.... in other words.... do they really have more sets, or has their order site been activated by accident? Regardless... will see what happens... missed out on the first go around so at least this is a second chance.
    ----- kj
    cannot...figure...out...way...to...beat...paypal....payment...system... AAaacccckkk! image J/K, already have an Amark set! image
  • Amark said last week they'd have more for another sale. I guess this was their quiet way to do it.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Thanks for the links... was able to load up a set also.

But... I still wonder about a computer glitch on Amarks side.... in other words.... do they really have more sets, or has their order site been activated by accident? Regardless... will see what happens... missed out on the first go around so at least this is a second chance.

About 20 mins. ago I told a freind about this, he got one and they already hit his paypal account..
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Same here. My son in law just bought one image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file