Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    My pay pal account was hit immediately.

• it looks like they held maybe 500 sets out of the first sales and now are finishing up.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My pay pal account was hit immediately. >>

That's odd, no? That's not what was done before.

The server error on the main site. Also odd. Traffic allowed to the buyatbnow site.

Hhhhmmm......image strange.

There is nothing odd about it. They have been very consistent in how they handled these sets.

They sold the first batch and said they would have another sale later after they figured out what they had left and chose this way to do it.

It is great for the board members that we found out about it first.

Congrats to all those that got in this time.
  • I would expect the order numbers to go up to 3500 at least.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When I go to the Amark site, I get an HTM server error.........? >>

Linky >>

That link still works. You can still order them. Is this for real? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>I would expect the order numbers to go up to 3500 at least. >>

Possibly more based on how many orders were cancelled for violating one per household or for PayPal account issues.

• << <i>

<< <i>

Linky >>

That link still works. You can still order them. Is this for real? image >>

No advertised start time. Started after 9PM ET. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for another couple hours.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is nothing odd about it. They have been very consistent in how they handled these sets.

They sold the first batch and said they would have another sale later after they figured out what they had left and chose this way to do it.

It is great for the board members that we found out about it first.

Congrats to all those that got in this time. >>

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

What's odd is the FIRST TIME (when I bought) amark sold, it took days for the paypal transfer to complete. Now it's immediate.

The main amark page is displaying "HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error"
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    So what the hell... I gave A-Mark another shot. If I get canceled, I'm still happy!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Linky >>

That link still works. You can still order them. Is this for real? image >>

No advertised start time. Started after 9PM ET. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for another couple hours. >>

Welcome to the boards. Not a bad pickup . You are learning how valuable these boards are quickly.
  • a-mark site selling now

Myth...........Thank you for the heads up tonite on these, my freind who missed out before was able to get one...image
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just received my Amark order # 11XX.............will post a couple pics soon! >>

Interested in how your Yosemite Looks and let me know what the heck that spot is on GW's cheek, nobody seems interested in that...image >>

no spotted cheeks here.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My friend just placed an order at amark as well. It's open season, assuming it goes through. Order number #30xx. >>

Were they selling to anyone who hit the site or those who registered prior?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Wide Open Season image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Thanks for the heads-up. Order #318X. Was the shipping charge always $99.00?

Yes. It was assumed they rolled the slabbing cost into that.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>I've seen many pics and also very descriptive info on some pucks rec'd

However, most who think they have MS69, probably only will make 67 or 68

Excessive die polishing lines that haze even one side will keep a coin from going PL.

They will also keep a coin from going 69.

Just because a coin is "shiny" doesn't mean it's PL - most TPG's require a certain depth of the mirrors, at least 4 inches where you can " clearly ", I emphasize " clearly ", be able to see and read at that distance while peering into them. >>

I see small issues with each of mine. I small scuff here, edge rub there, nick over there, faint hairline mark. I may have one MS68, at best. Thankfully it's the one I most wanted to be right. In my very limited knowledge, i would assume to get a MS68-9, I would have to have a coin I have a hard time finding a single hairline fault, looking at it x10.

That said, they still look really good for the size and production trouble. Overall I am very happy.

If mine look half as good I'll be satisfied. Nice pic. image

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>Thanks for the heads-up. Order #318X. Was the shipping charge always $99.00? >>

That's over 180 sets since I ordered mine.
    Brother-in-law just ordered #3192. That was easy! Man are folks gonna be ticked that they missed this. When do you think that they'll hit the magic 3700 and out?

This reminds me of the night that this thread started....watching order numbers on the only - until now - easy and open vehicle for anyone to order.....full circle in a way.

• << <i>...to get a MS68-9, I would have to have a coin I have a hard time finding a single hairline fault, looking at it x10. >>

No - not at all. You are describing a 70 with that statement. Think very "clean" to the naked eye for 68. 10X is way too much power.
    I think that I learned how to pick PCGS 69s...

From mine and my friends MTB sets I found three that looked just perfect under careful exam w/a 5x loupe. I just got the grades (GC, Yel.St., HS) all three 69FS :-) I just need a Mt. Hood to complete my 69FS set.

The other nice but not perfect looking ones went to NGC and a single that I didn't like to Ebay.

Updated PCGS Pops. as of now (coin, # of 69s, total graded):

GC 13/26
    YS 9/25
    HS 13/26
    MH 10/23
    Yos 4/17

Yos. is still holding out as the lowest % of 69s.

Edited: One more thing...I spoke w/PCGS today. They WILL NOT be grading the pucks at shows for the time being. They only have one maching to slab pucks and it's not portable. Dont know about NGC.

• Thanks for the update on PCGS pops. Looks like YOSE is going to be the tough one to get in high grades. I wonder if that's due to the cheek smudge?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • I finally got a set in hand today. I have to say these are the coolest coins to come from the mint in sometime. I really don't think you can be a naysayer having not held these in your hand. My wife is not easily impressed with coins, I have top notch coins from nearly every series and top end collections. She had a reaction tonight that is rare, and really liked them. To me that bodes very well for the collecting public, these are going to do very well and hold a premium for quite some time, IMO.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭
    MCM is dumping their NGC MS 69's on ebay. You can still buy these on the Amark site this morning. I guess not many are aware that they are for sale on Amark. I bought these for collecting but also am converting some of my cash reserves into silver. I haven't received one set yet, that's the bummer.
    Still for sale at A Mark at issue after 11 hours w/hardly any chatter on the forum...where's the fat lady pic?
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still for sale at A Mark at issue after 11 hours w/hardly any chatter on the forum...where's the fat lady pic? >>

All the board flippers and their "family" already bought one from A Mark. That's why the buzz is subdued.

I really do love these things!
    Always Buying Modern Gold, Silver, & Platinum Eagles.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Is there a big difference between labels on these if they are labled Choice BU or Gem BU ?
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Still for sale at A Mark at issue after 11 hours w/hardly any chatter on the forum...where's the fat lady pic? >>

All the board flippers and their "family" already bought one from A Mark. That's why the buzz is subdued. >>

lol Recent picture of me and my family...........image............image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>Is there a big difference between labels on these if they are labled Choice BU or Gem BU ? >>

Choice BU 63 +

Gem BU 65 +
    Always Buying Modern Gold, Silver, & Platinum Eagles.
  • i just ordered another set #3322 hope these ship as fast as the others
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • no problem.....
    i had actually sent them an email to ask if I had to reregister..... cause I was not one of the lucky 250.... and they replied "no" i would still be registered. just happened to look at the site.
    Hope its not a glitch....
    That makes 300 sets ordered since I got my confirmation notice, Could not be that many sets left, If you have a pay pal address you are running out of time to order a set,

<< <i>i just ordered another set #3322 hope these ship as fast as the others >>

Another set same name & address?
  • 40 more orders in the last 30 minutes since I just ordered one.

Silver is doomed to crash now image
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

All the board flippers and their "family" already bought one from A Mark. That's why the buzz is subdued. >>

lol Recent picture of me and my family...........image............image >>

I see the resemblance.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    almost 3400 here. It 'clocked' for about 3 minutes while placing the order. More people must be ordering. These won't last much longer.

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    I cancelled my order with Fidelitrade. If these are flooding the market, why not buy preslabbed examples for the same price as raw ones?

One set is enough for me. Currently at NGC being regraded.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a grading question. I am still trying to figure out if I should go with NGC or PCGS.

The NGC early release cut off is 2/14 ( I just called) and PCGS doesn't have a cut off date that I know of. So doesn't that make the NGC early release the clear cut winner, thoughts?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I cancelled my order with Fidelitrade. If these are flooding the market, why not buy preslabbed examples for the same price as raw ones?

One set is enough for me. Currently at NGC being regraded. >>

I thought about it. Has anyone got a set yet from Fidelitrade, they seem to be so sloooooooooooooooooooooooow?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>

<< <i>i just ordered another set #3322 hope these ship as fast as the others >>

Another set same name & address? >>

nope i opened a account for my granfather this makes set #8 between me any my mother
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nope i opened a account for my granfather this makes set #8 between me any my mother >>

• Rooster1Rooster1 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I just got an e mail from westminster mint. ATB SETS FOR SALE 1550.00 PER SET - limit 3 sets.
    Successful deals with:Ciccio-Nibanny, Wondercoin, Republicaninmass, Utahcoin, Abitofthisabitofthat, Doubleeagles59, Peaceman
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    If they have a limit of 3 and that low a price...that has to be where jack hunt or CnT let theirs go.

...in a wooden display case even

Using the old "load up your cart until it says they don't have enough" method...they have 20 in stock
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • I have decided to cancel my order from Fedili Trade. My one from A-Mark that looks good will be graded. I'm done.

<< <i>I just got an e mail from westminster mint. ATB SETS FOR SALE 1550.00 PER SET - limit 3 sets. >>

Wow, party looks to be about over & the f trade sets haven't even hit yet. Over faster than i thought. The other ape may take a long time to sell out. Unreal.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, party looks to be about over & the f trade sets haven't even hit yet. Over faster than i thought. The other ape may take a long time to sell out. Unreal. >>

Unreal? Really?

OK. Let's get her in here! image

~ Vince Lombardi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file