Home U.S. Coin Forum

5 oz National Parks Rounds

Comments

• It would be great if you could pull this off. I'd be willing to join the effort as I intend to buy one of each issue.
  • One of each for me please.
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"

• << <i>Any more interest out there for these? >>

If it were possible to get 1 of each of the five 2010 issues, then I would be in for five.

I'll probably just get 1 or 2 if that's not possible.
  • MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 1 of each and an extra Grand Canyon if possible.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The attempt is for 100 coins of each of the 5 designs this year.

If you want 1, then that is for 1 of each design, right? That is what I think we need.**
    (**I know a monster box is 100 coins. I assume that is 100 coins of 1 issue. So, to get all 5 issues is 5 monster boxes of 100 coins)

as it stands right now we're at 54 - 60 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

Also. be aware that there are only 2 months left to sell these. Even if they sell them 1 per week, that's over 5 weeks.

> Essentially, if they do not come out all at once, they may as well even spaced one or two weeks apart.

> That means a lot of cash out the door at Christmas time for those wanting 5 - 10 (that's be each design, right?).

(And then there is the last First Spouse Release! Ouch!)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I am interested in one of each as well. Details for when and where the money is to be sent I assume will be forthcoming?
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I forgot to subscribe to this thread image
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

<< <i>I am interested in one of each as well. Details for when and where the money is to be sent I assume will be forthcoming? >>

Not up to 100 coins per issue yet.

When we get closer, I'll try to finalize things.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon gang -- the Ms isn't made of time. This is a ONCE in a lifetime opp to invest in a WAY cool PM coin. 2011 strikes WILL be different in terms of quantity and demand.

We need multiples, not singles, to make the quota and minimize the Ms's time and efforts to make this worthwhile.

We're over half-way, deuces and triples of each will make this more worthwhile. Don't make the Ms go crazy with minimals -- it might scuttle the dealski ...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MsMorrisine,

If it's not too much trouble, please list the commits (with numbers), that you have so far, just in case you've missed someone.

Also, in addition to my tubes of Yosemites and Grand Canyons, add 1 each of the other three for a total of 23 from me.

Muchas gracias
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    MsMorrisine,

thanks for the organiztion and opportunity. please include me for 1 of each...thanks again,

(l8-)>>

If you want 1, then that is for 1 of each design, right? That is what I think we need.**
    (**I know a monster box is 100 coins. I assume that is 100 coins of 1 issue. So, to get all 5 issues is 5 monster boxes of 100 coins)

as it stands right now we're at 71 - 77 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

Also. be aware that there are only 2 months left to sell these. Even if they sell them 1 per week, that's over 5 weeks.

> Essentially, if they do not come out all at once, they may as well even spaced one or two weeks apart.

> That means a lot of cash out the door at Christmas time for those wanting 5 - 10 (that's be each design, right?).

• sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    What the heck...

Throw my hat into the ring for 1 of each.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Me too.
    Paul
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, checked with the official mint distributor we use this morning, and they still have no word on anything.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Interesting that it is the same denomination as the silver quarters with much less silver. >>

I think they are required to make an exact duplicate of the quarter design but they should have given it a $5 denomination. Maybe they will change that later when they realize how dumb it is. >>

One good reason to maintain the face value at 25 cents is to entice the millions of quarters collectors to buy in. If the denomination were changed to any other symbolic face value, it would give them a logical excuse to opt out.

We're moving in the wrong direction folks!

as it stands right now we're at 64 - 71 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

Looking for somewhere in the area of 30 more coins of each design to place.

I haven't instituted a minimum, so 1 of each of the 5 designs is ok by me.

as it stands right now we're at 67 - 74 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

• Put Me down for 3 of each.

Need transaction details

Thanks,

• don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for one of each design as well.... Please send payment details when available.

Thank you!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    In addition to the one full roll of Hot Springs, I will take an additional 2 of each of the 5, so 1 roll of 10 Hot Springs, 2 of all designs, including HS, total of 20 coins.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
    MT
    20 - 25 more coins of each design to go.

as it stands right now we're at 73 - 80 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

• Just to confirm, here was my post yesterday:

<< <i>If it were possible to get 1 of each of the five 2010 issues, then I would be in for five.

I'll probably just get 1 or 2 if that's not possible. >>

I want 1 of each of the 5 designs...If this works out. 5 pieces total.

I think the mint is waiting for silver to hit $30 before announcing the price.

• aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they will do First Strike ?

They do First Strike on ASE bullion, they'll do First Strike on these.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm thinking the "buying 5" costs will temper initial demand and reduce any initial demand spike. >>

Very unlikely .... Just let history be your guide. Remember the almost immediate sell out of the first 2 Presidential Spousal Gold coins? Or the UHR? Cost has never been a factor with a new product offered by the Mint in the past and I doubt it will in this case. >>

Hey I kinda remember that, If my memory serves, Mint sold something like 34 Million in Gold in roughly 8 hrs...Early sales were 200% + image
  • One of each, please.

Thank you.
    If anyone is afraid of posting what they'd buy, post your number.

At this point, we don't have 100 and nothing will even get started without 100.

Simply stating how many you'd want will help us all get an idea of the interest lurking out there. Do we have 100?

Speak up.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 2 of each for a total of 10
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 2 of each.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One of each, please.

Thank you. >>

Yep, thanks put me in for this too.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    about 15 more coins of each design to go.

as it stands right now we're at 82 - 89 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

• unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    I will take one of each
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one of each also, but how are we going to organize this specifically?
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

<< <i>I want one of each also, but how are we going to organize this specifically? >>

the current plan is that I'm and the organizer, purchaser, and shipper.

but, since we don't have 100 yet.... no one has to do anything.

So, let's get some more people on board! We're almost there!
  • I want one of each design.
    Gary
    about 15 more coins of each design to go.

as it stands right now we're at 85 - 92 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

• sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    MsMorrisine,

Thank you very much for your efforts in organizing this.

I'm already down for 1 of each. Add another 1 of each...

For a total of 2 each.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take two(2) of each design this year (2010).

Thanks for the Herculean undertaking.

r95
    Just out of idle curiosity, since I will have other sources if I decide to buy any of these, who will decide who gets which specimen?

Certain people (and you know who you are) are always accusing us evil dealers of cherrypicking each and every silver eagle in a monster box before selling the coins. I am sure that this will not happen here, but how are you going to handle complaints when somebody gets the piece with a contact mark or strike through on the Arkansas Bidet coin?

Welcome to "Why Coin Dealers Drink, Part CCCCLXVI"

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    It will be easy to accuse me of cherry picking.

As stated earlier in the thread. Enough people know I'm a dork enough not to cherry pick if I promise not to cherry pick.

I promise not to cherry pick.

There will be a list made before hand (probably from the order the money arrives or something similar) I'll place me in the middle.

First person gets the first coin. period. Next person is next. no picking and choosing.

>> Since this is a monster box, and not a little blue box of MS70s from PCGS, there will definitely be less than perfect coins. <<

<< <i>Just out of idle curiosity, since I will have other sources if I decide to buy any of these, who will decide who gets which specimen?

Certain people (and you know who you are) are always accusing us evil dealers of cherrypicking each and every silver eagle in a monster box before selling the coins. I am sure that this will not happen here, but how are you going to handle complaints when somebody gets the piece with a contact mark or strike through on the Arkansas Bidet coin?

Welcome to "Why Coin Dealers Drink, Part CCCCLXVI"

image >>

Not every dealer would do that, but people like APMEX has to get their MS70 ASE First Strikes from someplace.....

and this year (last year to some extent, too), there seems to be a bountiful supply of them.

APMEX is still selling the 2010s First Strike... 20 or more 89.99

They're not coming from eBay!

Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure you had a plan before the cases are opened.
    TD
    and I would assume that anybody ordering a full tube of 10 would get a sealed tube...yes?

<< <i>and I would assume that anybody ordering a full tube of 10 would get a sealed tube...yes? >>

sure, without looking in it or anything.

Keep in mind there's 10 in a tube.

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there still room on this order?
    I'd be happy to buy one of each design.

how does one get in on this?

<< <i>Is there still room on this order?
    I'd be happy to buy one of each design.

how does one get in on this? >>

you just did.

as it stands right now we're at 89 - 96 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

<< <i>sure, without looking in it or anything. Keep in mind there's 10 in a tube >>

Yep, I'm aware there are ten to a tube. I'm going to sell off some other silver (probably my JM 100 oz. doorstop) to fund my 115 oz of pucks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file