Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

5 oz National Parks Rounds

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monster thread 5oz FAQ:

> If your price is over APMEX or Gainesville or Whoever, am I still committed?

No.

I fully expect people to flee to any dealer that has a cheaper price.

> Oh that blows... now the deal will fall apart. Right?

Well, the whole point is:
    you're not sending me money right now.
    You do if and when I can beat the price.
    There is nothing binding anyone to this deal right now. Once money is received, then that's a done deal.

And, I hope it doesn't fall apart, because I hope I can at least match the pricing.

I'm going to try to source a monster box from a major outlet.

If the price to me isn't low enough, I am going to try to source from a local dealer who can get dealer pricing from these same places.

Also, if I can swing it with everyone involved with selling these to us, I'm going to try to pick these up myself instead of waiting on the package services (at no cost to you... just because I want these, and most importantly think I can get them faster and cheaper for everyone by just driving to get them.)

> Hey idiot... just go through the dealer first.

That's involving someone who will want a little something for his efforts. I'm going to try both ways to see which is cheaper.

> Where do I send my check?

See the previous questions.

Step #1) Get to 100
    Step #2) Match or Beat the other dealer's price.
    Step #3) We'll go offline and share info.

Why exchange money if we can't #1) get to 100 and #2) hit the pricing mark?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    >
    >
    >
    Are you waffling on these?
    >
    >
    Since you're not locked into buying through this arrangement, but you know you are planning to buy at least 1 of each please consider giving this arrangement your consideration.
    >
    >
    There is no deal if the pricing can't match or beat other dealer's prices.
    >
    >
    I expect people will back out if the pricing is bad. You can, too.
    >
    >
    But if you know you're buying 1 of each of the 5 designs anyway, consider posting up "your number."
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    MsM,
    Thanks for your hard work on this. I hope this doesn't turn into too big a pain in the rear for your trouble. I imagine that with the ability (as a group) to buy monster boxes, the price shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks.

Andrew
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there still room on this order?
    I'd be happy to buy one of each design.

how does one get in on this? >>

you just did. >>

Very good. I'm in for one of each.

Let me know (or I guess I'll see it here) when we need to pony up the bucks.

Thanks.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems a very good idea and hope it can work. Thanks for putting the effort in and thanks in advance for being evenhanded ...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>sure, without looking in it or anything. Keep in mind there's 10 in a tube >>

Yep, I'm aware there are ten to a tube. I'm going to sell off some other silver (probably my JM 100 oz. doorstop) to fund my 115 oz of pucks. >>

Umm, my math says 5 oz puck X 10 coin tube = 50 oz X 5 tubes (one of each design) = 250 oz. Is that a little more than your planned 115 ozimage
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure you had a plan before the cases are opened. >>

A plan is one thing...

satisfying everyone is another.

Unless they baby these things press - to - box, they won't all be MS70s, and that could mean some mean recipients.

• Options
    about 10 more coins of each design to go.

I haven't instituted a minimum, so 1 of each of the 5 designs is ok by me.

The attempt is for 100 coins of each of the 5 designs this year.

If you want 1, then that is for 1 of each design, right? That is what I think we need.**
    (**I know a monster box is 100 coins. I assume that is 100 coins of 1 issue. So, to get all 5 issues is 5 monster boxes of 100 coins)

as it stands right now we're at 88 - 95 coins out of 100 (for each issue)

Also. be aware that there are only 2 months left to sell these. Even if they sell them 1 per week, that's over 5 weeks.

> Essentially, if they do not come out all at once, they may as well even spaced one or two weeks apart.

> That means a lot of cash out the door at Christmas time for those wanting 5 - 10 (that's be each design, right?).

(And then there is the last First Spouse Release! Ouch!)
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A risk to any buyer -- you may get some blem's (or WOWSA's) with this deal. No whiners!

Chances are, even non-70's will prove their worth. I'll accept whatever is drawn. I trust the Ms will do right with this.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    tander123tander123 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Ok, I give in. One of each please.
    Excellent BST board members who complete their deals: WONDERCOIN, DABIGKAHUNA, GEMSTATECOINS, FIVECENTS, SILVEREAGLES92, NEWMISMATIST, GTOster, SCHMITZ7,
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    OK, put me down for three each. Let me know what info you need.
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I'll take one of each. Thank you for doing this!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Umm, my math says 5 oz puck X 10 coin tube = 50 oz X 5 tubes (one of each design) = 250 oz. Is that a little more than your planned 115 o >>

Umm, my order is for a tube of Yosemites (10) and a tube of Grand Canyons (10), plus one each of the other three (3) = 23. That comes to 115 oz by my math...image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOBODY SAID THERE WOULD BE MATH!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Getting close!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    So after all this work to sell 100 of each design, there will only be 99,900 of each design left.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if you have me counted, but reaffirming my pm of 2 days ago, I am in for 3 of each design, a total of 15 coins. Thanks, jmski
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    it'll sure be a lot of work to fullfil all these orders.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    I bet once an order (and price) are established that more buyers will come on board. M2, I think you might become a de facto dealer if not careful!!LOL!
  • Options
    Put me down for 1 of each issue ty
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up for one of each.
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭
    What are we up to?

I think I PM you for 1 of each.

thanks for doing this.

snman
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    I'm working on:
    1) compiling the list with numbers
    2) getting in touch with people, esp. those who posted interest weeks or months ago, to get more definite numbers.

I'll post an updated number after I get in touch with a few who've indicated "1 or 2" and such.

• Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

PM sent today in for 2 of each if there is any space left. thx again
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    Put me down for two of each please (this is gonna be, like $1500, inn'it?)
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    i would like in on one of each but i need to know #'s before I can commit
  • Options

<< <i>i would like in on one of each but i need to know #'s before I can commit >>

That's the only catch with all of this.

I don't have numbers yet. No one does.

However, I'm still looking for some definite number. With a definite number I'll and we'll all know if we can score a 100 coin box of each.

• Options
    With some addition and some subtractions....

drumroll...

We're at 89 of each of the 5 designs with PMs out for about 9 or 10 more. However, 4 or 5 of those 9 or 10 were end of May replies to this thread. They may not pan out.

Also, I have a couple of people in that 89 who are "thinking about how many due to the price." And the price is unknown.

Now that we are close to 100 and they are due out by the end of the year, I really need anyone and everyone to "pick a number." This is for obvious reasons. The 100 is a fixed number. I have to include and exclude people really soon.

I ask those that are debating due to the price just to give me a number to go with.

• Options
    and 1 of the "4 or 5" just cancelled.

So that is PMs out for 8 or 9 more.

edit:
    Put in another call to Mint HQ with no return call yet. (probably ever) I'm also going to put in a call to the distrib. for a call back when they get more info.

No release date yet nor a release price.

• Options
    Pity we don't know if these will be priced comparably with other 5oz. pieces (like the Libertad) or if there will be premium gouging. I'm interested, but not to the point of paying over the top premiums, for what amounts to bullion. I'll have to resign myself to bystander on this one.
  • Options

<< <i>Pity we don't know if these will be priced comparably with other 5oz. pieces (like the Libertad) or if there will be premium gouging. I'm interested, but not to the point of paying over the top premiums, for what amounts to bullion. I'll have to resign myself to bystander on this one. >>

To be perfectly honest,

and this may scare people away,

despite them being bullion, I expect them to carry a larger premium than any of the ASE/AGE/APE bullion products. In fact, my guess is that they may get high enough that there will be this joke: "for that price they could have made them proof and added a few more bucks for some packaging to go with them."

But it's a WAG on my part based upon the Mint's complaints about production problems. (For every discard, their net margins have to increase.)
  • Options
    Got a reply.

We're at 91 of each of the 5 designs with PMs out for about 6 more. However, 2 of those were end of May replies to this thread. They may not pan out.

Also, I have a couple of people in that 91 who are "thinking about how many due to the price." And the price is unknown.

Now that we are close to 100 and they are due out by the end of the year, I really need anyone and everyone to "pick a number." This is for obvious reasons. The 100 is a fixed number. I have to include and exclude people really soon.

I ask those that are debating due to the price just to give me a number to go with.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for two of each of the five designs. Thanks for trying to put this together!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I ask those that are debating due to the price just to give me a number to go with. >>

Okay, maybe it's obvious, but not to me. Is the number, a number of rounds for each design that I want? If so, then 1 of each. 5 total.

If it's a number that will be used to determine some sorting order of something else, the I always like 58.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I ask those that are debating due to the price just to give me a number to go with. >>

Okay, maybe it's obvious, but not to me. Is the number, a number of rounds for each design that I want? If so, then 1 of each. 5 total.

If it's a number that will be used to determine some sorting order of something else, the I always like 58. >>

If you work in IT long enough you learn nothing is obvious to everyone. (There's always someone who thinks it would be clearer or easier or faster or... another way...)

I have you down for 1 of each. which is 5 total. You uinderstood.

• Options
    With Raufus's 2, that puts us at 93

>> I have to temporarily suspend automatically adding names to the list.

>> Feel free to respond, but it's on a wait list type basis.

I have some PMs out asking for confirmation for 6 more.

Once I hear back, I'll know how much room there will be left for additions.
  • Options
    We are now at 96

>> There are 3 on the waiting list for 3 sets of 5.

I have some PMs out asking for confirmation for 1 or 2 more who responded before the waitlist.

Once I hear back, I'll know how much room there will be left for additions off the wait list.
  • Options
    I don't know how I missed this thread when it came back up a few days ago. Damn work.
    I see that you got my pm last night and assume that tyou have me down for 2 of each for a total of 10.
    Thanks for spearheading this and I really hope it can be pulled off.
    Thanks again.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    1 Each for me.

You may have a logistical challenge with balancing the order where all buyers have not said an equal number per design. May need to consider a balancing approach such as equal numbers first, then use the assorted to fill to the even 100 of each design.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    We are now at 98

>> There are 4 on the waiting list for 4 sets of 5.

I have some PMs out asking for confirmation for 1 or 2 more who responded before the waitlist.

Once I hear back, I'll know how much room there will be left for additions off the wait list.
  • Options
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    We are now at 97

Someone was deciding based on price, and I just had to put them on the waitlist. I put them at the top since they were in before other's requests.

Do not fear.

We have 5 others on the waitlist for a total of 6 of each of the 5 designs.

>> There are a total of 6 on the waiting list for 7 sets of 5, with the first basing participation on pricing.

• Options
    I talked with this Mint today.... the real Mint HQ in DC. It seems I scared up a working number.

Still No Word! No Idea on Pricing and No Idea on Release Date.

All that was said was "Soon."

• Options
    WDHWDH Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Hello fellow forumites. Long time lurker, first time poster. Please add me to the wish list for 1 of each 2010 design, for a total of 5. Thank you Ms. Morrisine
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hello fellow forumites. Long time lurker, first time poster. Please add me to the wish list for 1 of each 2010 design, for a total of 5. Thank you Ms. Morrisine >>

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    I'd like to be in on the deal, wait list is fine. 1 of each design. Thanks!
  • Options
    Successful transactions with: wondercoin, 1tommy, ModernCoinMart
  • Options
    OK, I am a sucker for all this excitement and have the popcorn out. Will be happy if this comes to pass and have already reserved one of each.

Thanks again Ms. M!
  • Options
    Well, my previous empty post is proof that I’m a newbie here, but I have been following this site for quite some time. Could you, please, add me to the wish list for 1 of each 2010 designs? Thank you for coming with that idea!
    Successful transactions with: wondercoin, 1tommy, ModernCoinMart
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!

Maybe this is a coming out thread!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file