Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

05/01/17 - Doug's Autographed Cards. Another '52 Topps Autographed Card!

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    How long did Hal Lanier take? Ive been waiting nearly 2 months for him to return.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>How long did Hal Lanier take? Ive been waiting nearly 2 months for him to return. >>

Did you send it to his home in FL or to the Sussex Skyhawks minor league team in NJ?
    I sent mine to NJ and got it back quickly.
    Mailed 08/10/09 and received back 08/20/09. TEN DAYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Crap, I sent it to his home. I guess I'll wait until the season is over.
  • Options

<< <i>Crap, I sent it to his home. I guess I'll wait until the season is over. >>

Not too much longer to go ... looks like September 5th is their last game!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Hi all,

It was so nice of him, how down-to-earth person he is, he is writing for his fan as well autographed on photo also, definitely you got two autograph once dude, it is awesome.

Keep Sharing.
  • Options
    Only one return today. It's from the '65 set.
    Mr. Talbot signed only 1 of the 2 cards sent.
    Thanks for the auto!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two new ones, both from the '65 set:

BOB ASPROMONTE, who also sent his own signed printout

JIM PAGLIARONI
    Thanks for the autos guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    PM sent on that address.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two positive responses today, both from the 1965 set.

BOB BRUCE, who pitched a ONE-HITTER in 1963

LEO BURKE

Thank you for the autos guys!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Doug - Apromonte sure has a nice clean sig!

BTW - are ya gonna send the other card back to Fred Talbot?

I also like Bob Bruce's sig.

When you post your cards, I occasionally think of Randy's ongoing thread.

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

Yes, those two are very nice sigs. There have been some real nice sigs that I have received back over the past 5 months. As far as Talbot, no, I'll just keep the one ... my buddy's out of luck on this one. (Kranepool did the same thing and I gave it to my friend, so we are now even! LOL)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two back today. One positive and one negative.

First, Mr. Don Lock signed both 65's:

Second, Bert Campaneris returned both my cards UNSIGNED ... no note, letter or request for $$$:

THANKS Mr. Lock!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Only one return today and it was from the 1965 set.
    BOB LEE
    THANKS MR. LEE
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Doug, I'm really enjoying this thread. Too bad about the Campy cards. Is he normally a good signer?

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>Doug, I'm really enjoying this thread. Too bad about the Campy cards. Is he normally a good signer?
    Brian >>

Brian ... from what I can see on StarTiger it looks like he is a GREAT signer ... reading the comments, however, it seems as though he may not like when there is more than one card enclosed. Maybe I'll resend with just one card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Received one back from the '65 set. This guy pitched a no-hitter in the
    minors in 1956 but lost the game 1-0.
    BENNIE DANIELS

EDITED TO ADD:I also received TEN 1982 Donruss autographed cards in the mail that I purchased cheaply last week.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Another one to add to my quest to finish the '82 Donruss Set.

The "BULL" took 5.5 months to get back, but it's a real nice auto.
    GREG LUZINSKI, THANKS FOR THE AUTO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two positive responses today, both from the '65 Topps Set.

FRED WHITFIELD, WHO ALSO WROTE BACK

EDDIE FISHER
    THANKS GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Wow you've hit a nice batch of sweet sigs!!

Nice to see people with legible sigs unlike todays players scribbles

• Options
    Yeah, isn't it nice to see how some of the older players sign?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Three new autos came in yesterday's mail.

First up is the former captain of the Georgetown Basketball team:

PAUL TAGLIABUE ... were you thinking differently? LOL

Next up is an addition to my '82 Donruss Set:
    JEFF REARDON

Last is an addition to the '65's I've been sending out:
    GARY KOLB
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Some time ago Mike (VitoCo1972) asked me to let him know how many cards I had auto'd from a few sets. Well, do date I have
    302 of the 1982 DONRUSS cards autographed, which leaves me with just more than half to go.

I'll update the others later on.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some time ago Mike (VitoCo1972) asked me to let him know how many cards I had auto'd from a few sets. Well, do date I have
    302 of the 1982 DONRUSS cards autographed, which leaves me with just more than half to go.

I'll update the others later on. >>

Awesome. You should add it to your sigline and update it when you get them back. I started doing that with Hall of Fame rookie autos. I'll never have even HALF as many as Navarro or Dan (Chromerookies) but I'm having fun and doing it for basically no money except postage!
  • Options

<< <i>I started doing that with Hall of Fame rookie autos. I'll never have even HALF as many as Navarro or Dan (Chromerookies) but I'm having fun and doing it for basically no money except postage! >>

Mike ... they both have AWESOME collections ... however, as long as you get satisfaction out of your own collection, that is all that counts. I am with you, as most all of my autos have cost me only postage. I have traded for a couple of the higher value ones and purchased quite a few Donruss '82s from one source (Although I usually will buy only ones that are $3.00 and less).
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I hear you. With a few rare exceptions the cards don't cost me more than $10 because I get them in such bad condition, but I've been trading for a few and selling small things on the BST and eBay to cover almost all of that. I never would have thought I could keep having fun at collecting while out of work but it's really helped me stay sane! image
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Reardon arrested for robbery a few years ago???

Yes, yes, he was...

Is that a prison 'graph?

EDIT: actually pretty sad....

"On December 26, 2005, Reardon was taken into custody and charged by the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Police Department for allegedly committing armed robbery at a Hamilton Jewelers store at the Gardens Mall while leaving his son Brendan unattended in the penthouse suite. [3]. Reardon attributed his actions to the influence of antidepressants he had been taking since his son Shane Andrew Reardon died of a drug overdose on February 21, 2004 [4][5]

Reardon was found not guilty of the above charges by reason of insanity [6]. The judge ruled that because Reardon had been taking anti-depressants and mood stabilizers, and was distraught over his son's death, there was no reasonable explanation for the robbery. Reardon was not required to be committed after the ruling."

• Options

<< <i>Wasn't Reardon arrested for robbery a few years ago???
    Yes, yes, he was...
    Is that a prison 'graph?
    EDIT: actually pretty sad....
    "On December 26, 2005, Reardon was taken into custody and charged by the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Police Department for allegedly committing armed robbery at a Hamilton Jewelers store at the Gardens Mall while leaving his son Brendan unattended in the penthouse suite. [3]. Reardon attributed his actions to the influence of antidepressants he had been taking since his son Shane Andrew Reardon died of a drug overdose on February 21, 2004 [4][5]
    Reardon was found not guilty of the above charges by reason of insanity [6]. The judge ruled that because Reardon had been taking anti-depressants and mood stabilizers, and was distraught over his son's death, there was no reasonable explanation for the robbery. Reardon was not required to be committed after the ruling." >>

I believe Reardon was in jail only overnight when he was first arrested. Yes, it is such a sad situation. They sent their son to a private school in MA (I believe) and they thought he was starting to straighten out and they were very happy. Unfortunately he overdosed at the age of 20 and his parents received a call from his son's friend telling him their son was dead. Jeff took it EXTREMELY hard and supposedly didn't even come out of his bedroom for MONTHS! The story says he was on THIRTEEN PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS for his depression.

On the day he went into that jewelry store Reardon says that he remembers walking into the store and the next thing he remembers is going up to a cop in the mall and telling him that he thinks he just robbed the store!!!!! What a real sad story. HOPEFULLY, after spending time in the hospital, he is on his way to a full recovery.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    FYI ... received my '82 Donruss card back UNSIGNED from Mike LaCoss.

He included a letter stating he requires a donation to his charity.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Received one new auto today. Both cards I sent were signed by this
    former NL Rookie of the Year:

GARY MATTHEWS-WOW, can't believe he will be 60 in less than one year.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    sad story about Reardon.. didn't know that..

may we never know that pain... 2 boys myself, that are my whole life
  • Options
    Received one response today. What a nice letter Mr. Bishop sent to me as well. In the letter he answered my question as to the best players he ever played WITH and AGAINST. Thank you so much Mr. Bishop. PS I left his letterhead as is, as all his information can be readily accessed, including his telephone number. For all you TTM guys, it sounds like he would LOVE to receive requests!!!!!
    It did take him 5.5 months to respond.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    That's a heck of a good project you have going!
  • Options
    Received back my '69 FB card from Howard Twilley.

It took over five months to get it back.

It came back unsigned with a request of $5.00 per auto.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Received one card back today. HOWEVER, it was not the card I sent out! I sent a 1991 Pro Set Prototype card out to Mr. Crenshaw and he sent me back a signed 1992 Pro Set Stat leaders card. The auto would have looked a lot nicer on the other card (IMO) but I am thankful that he took time out of his day to send me back an autograph. (At least it is not like Garagiola's boys taking the '52s.)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    One back today from one of golf's greatests:
    THANKS LEE!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Address sent in pm.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well .. two more I can cross off my list in my effort to get the 1982 Donruss Set autographed.

John Tudor signed the card I sent to him. Thanks Mr. Tudor!

Bob Lemon came GRATIS from Kid4hof03(ABE). Thank you so much Abe. That was very generous of you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Another one to cross off my list from the 1982 Donruss set.
    It took FIVE MONTHS to get this one back.

It's been over one month since I sent out any TTMs. Man, I have to get more in the mail SOON!
    THANKS MR. JOHNSON!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Thanks Mr. Gentile ... he signed three copies ... One is available for trade.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I was down in Washington DC to run the Marine Corps Marathon this past Sunday so I will post all I received from this past week. ONCE AGAIN, the players from the '69 Football Set have been AMAZING. All of these came back to me in one week!
    Thanks to all these guys for such quick replys.
    EDITED TO ADD: I NOW HAVE 51 AUTOS FROM THE '69 FB SET.

On the other hand, I received back two negatives. Reggie Cleveland actually sent my card back asking me to send it back to him along with ONE DOLLAR!!!!!

I sent Dick Kazmaier a '55 Topps AA card. It took SEVEN MONTHS for me to get back the following response. He actually kept the card and in a separate letter stated he wanted a $30.00 donation to his Foundation. I am not going to pay $30, but that is his right and I have no problem with that. He is doing a good thing. HOWEVER, read the following ... it tells you what to do if you want your card back! Gimme a break ... he should have sent the card back along with his letters!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Those 1969 football signatures are great - every one of them is legible.

Can these new kids learn to write their name ?

That set is going to look marvelous.
  • Options

<< <i>Those 1969 football signatures are great - every one of them is legible.
    Can these new kids learn to write their name ?
    That set is going to look marvelous. >>

You are right ... most all of the 51 sigs I have gotten on this set are very nice!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    One more from the '69 Football Set. This makes Auto #52 from this set. Thanks Mr. Anderson!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well, with the addition of these three, I'm now up to 55 auto'd cards from this set.
    The guys from this set are AMAZING when it comes to signing.
    Thanks very much to these three guys for taking time out of their day to sign my cards.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    For the few who asked ... STARTIGER.COM is where I get almost all my addys.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I can't say enough about the guys from the '69 FB set. On October 19 I sent out 30 TTMs to these guys ... within 11 days I received back 15 replys ... of those 15 only ONE did not sign. Here are todays results:
    DAVE WILCOX wants $20.00

BOB LILLY gets $5.00 per auto ... he signed my card for free ... maybe personalized letters do help once in a while!

Last two are old time New York Giants:
    TUCKER FREDERICKSON
    and
    GREG LARSON
    THANKS 4 THE AUTOS GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I all fairness to Mr. Wilcox I have to let you know that I just went thru my list of TTMs and back in April I sent him a card and he returned it SIGNED (no charge) in about one month.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Received back two autos today. One for my '69 FB set:
    ALVIN HAYMOND
    imageimage

The other for my '82 Donruss Set:
    DAVE CHALK
    THANKS GUYS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    what did you say to MR Lilly to get his little handwritten response?
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Very nice pickups recently, Doug. Can't believe Cleveland is hassling you for a $1. Anyway, keep up the good work!