Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

old 2/26/09 ~ BBCE 1986 Fleer basketball - Group Break- Video posted - Ripping has started - 4 Jorda

14567810»

Comments

• GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Hey guys

I have a question, is it normal for the last card in the pack, the sticker, to be showing upside down?

• << <i>Hey guys

I have a question, is it normal for the last card in the pack, the sticker, to be showing upside down? >>

Not sure I don't think any of my stickers were upside down. I would e-mail Steve if you want the correct answer!

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey guys

I have a question, is it normal for the last card in the pack, the sticker, to be showing upside down? >>

Not sure I don't think any of my stickers were upside down. I would e-mail Steve if you want the correct answer! >>

Just curious because my other order from BBCE arrived yesterday, one pack of 1986 Fleer Basketball.

After I got the two packs from the group break box rip, I called Steve to buy another pack from the other box of 1986 Fleer he has.

I worked late last night so I found the package next to my door, I opened the box ASAP......

Turned the back of the pack over and pressed slighty...........BAM....... another Jordan sticker on the back of pack.

This time the sticker appears to be upside down. Not sure if there suppose to be upside down........

I'll post some scans as soon as I get home (an hour or two).

Very surprised I got another Jordan pack and part of me is thinking "this is TOO good to be true".

Both packs will be sent to PSA for grading, wait is approximately 30 business days.

I might just drive to White Plains and hand them the packs directly.

We shall see
    I trust Steve and I know he is legit.

Luck never comes my way, maybe that is changing.
  • my stickers were upside down, i.e., i saw the back of the sticker when i opened it. or is that rightside up?
    yabbadabbadoo
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Gonblott ... WTG! NICE to get ANOTHER Jordan sticker! Get them SLABBED!

When is the White Plains show? Do you live in NY? I am on Long Island.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>

When is the White Plains show? Do you live in NY? I am on Long Island. >>

White Plains show March 20-22

Smithtown, New York <------------ me

Did you go to the Hofstra show?
  • TrevTrev Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I pulled the fourth Jordan!! It is currently at SGC and I will post scans as soon as it is returned. My second pack was sent to PSA for grading.

Trevor

Here is what the pack consisted of:

eBay - trevordoveyauctions
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Wow, a fourth Jordan from the box. Congrats on your pull.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

Congrats Trev!

What do you think it will grade?

<< <i>Congrats Trev!

What do you think it will grade? >>

I think it should come back an 8.5 or 9. It has perfect centering but a small print dot on the front of the card.

Trevor
  • your pack centered MUCH better than mine, save jordan and 2 other cards. your pulling a fourth makes me feel less stupid about opening my second pack after i pulled the 3rd!
    yabbadabbadoo

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey guys

Not sure I don't think any of my stickers were upside down. I would e-mail Steve if you want the correct answer! >>

Just curious because my other order from BBCE arrived yesterday, one pack of 1986 Fleer Basketball.

After I got the two packs from the group break box rip, I called Steve to buy another pack from the other box of 1986 Fleer he has.

I worked late last night so I found the package next to my door, I opened the box ASAP......

Turned the back of the pack over and pressed slighty...........BAM....... another Jordan sticker on the back of pack.

This time the sticker appears to be upside down. Not sure if there suppose to be upside down........

I'll post some scans as soon as I get home (an hour or two).

Very surprised I got another Jordan pack and part of me is thinking "this is TOO good to be true".

Both packs will be sent to PSA for grading, wait is approximately 30 business days.

I might just drive to White Plains and hand them the packs directly.

We shall see >>

Group break - 2 Packs

PACK 1 Jordan Sticker on Back

Pack #2 I opened and got nicely centered Ewing.

Separate order, 1 pack from other box

Jordan on back of pack but upside down.

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey guys

I just emailed Steve, so I'll probably hear back from him tomorrow.

I'm sure its nothing but I'm no pack expert.
  • The sticker being flipped is somewhat common. It usually means the sequence of the cards flipped so you could have a Jordan in that pack even if the top card doesn't fit the Jordan sequence.
    4 Jordan RC and couple Jordan RC stickers

AWESOME BOX

<< <i>The sticker being flipped is somewhat common. It usually means the sequence of the cards flipped so you could have a Jordan in that pack even if the top card doesn't fit the Jordan sequence. >>

Thank you for your input.
  • leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    Wow 4 Jordans is a sweet box! I think if someone would have bought the whole box they could have made their money back since all Jordan's look PSA 9ish.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow 4 Jordans is a sweet box! I think if someone would have bought the whole box they could have made their money back since all Jordan's look PSA 9ish. >>

A whole box is tough to make money on because 1 PSA 10 and 3 PSA 9's (if you even get cards that nice) ALMOST get you your money back (without grading fees and eBay fees). The other cards in the box, if they are even grade-able, will have to be where you try to make a few bucks (after all the fees). Lots of work, and a big financial outlay, for a small chance at profiting.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    trev,
    nice cards. it looks as though you did well with the centering.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

<< <i>Wow 4 Jordans is a sweet box! I think if someone would have bought the whole box they could have made their money back since all Jordan's look PSA 9ish. >>

Yes - If they pulled a PSA 10 Jordan from the box

But the chances are slim for a 10

Nice Box!!!
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    so what ever happened with your Jordan at PSA??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>so what ever happened with your Jordan at PSA?? >>

Slabbed PSA 9
  • Well mine are all boxed up and i will be taking then to the psot office tomorrow. Here is hoping to no EOT!!!!! ;o)

<< <i>Well mine are all boxed up and i will be taking then to the psot office tomorrow. Here is hoping to no EOT!!!!! ;o) >>

Good luck!
  • Thanks I will post the grades as soon as the pop
  • ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grade popped on my Jordan from the group rip, so I thought I would share.

1 1 14799350 MINT 9 1982 TOPPS TRADED 98T CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    2 1 14799351 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN Card US

<< <i>The grade popped on my Jordan from the group rip, so I thought I would share.

1 1 14799350 MINT 9 1982 TOPPS TRADED 98T CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    2 1 14799351 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN Card US >>

2 nice grades... I think your Jordan could very well be in a 9 slab if you want to play the resub game.
  • ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't decided yet. When I get the card back I will look it over again and make a decision.
  • 1 1 14799350 MINT 9 1982 TOPPS TRADED 98T CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    2 1 14799351 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN Card

You got a Ripken rookie in a 1986 Fleer pack? Sweet!!

Nice grades. I think I would leave the Jordan alone and not crack it. The risk/reward for a half point bump or potential drop is not financially worth the risk. BTW, if you are planning on selling the Ripken, PM me.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Well here are my results. I thought I had a decent shot at a 10 on the Malone Ainge and Barkley. Not sure what happened on the stickers, they are centered like 8's. Oh well, all are available if anyone wants them.

1 14757193 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 FLEER 2 ALVAN ADAMS Card US
    2 1 14757194 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 FLEER 3 MARK AGUIRRE Card US
    3 1 14757195 MINT 9 1986 FLEER 4 DANNY AINGE Card US
    4 1 14757196 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 FLEER 5 JOHN BAGLEY Card US
    5 1 14757197 MINT 9 1986 FLEER 7 CHARLES BARKLEY Card US
    6 1 14757198 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 FLEER 26 CLYDE DREXLER Card US
    7 1 14757199 MINT 9 1986 FLEER 69 MOSES MALONE Card US
    8 1 14757200 MINT 9 1986 FLEER 70 CEDRIC MAXWELL Card US
    9 1 14757201 MINT 9 1986 FLEER 71 RODNEY McCRAY Card US
    10 1 14757202 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1986 FLEER STICKER 8 MICHAEL JORDAN Card US
    11 1 14757203 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1986 FLEER STICKER 10 ISIAH THOMAS Card US
    I'm not sure how they graded the stickers... I thought mine looked great aswell and I got and 8 and 7.

Please let me know if you want to see any of the cards that graded PSA 9 - I'm hooked and I've started building the set!
    The Jordan rookie graded an SGC 96 (9) Mint. Needless to say I am very excited.

Trevor

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1 1 14799350 MINT 9 1982 TOPPS TRADED 98T CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US
    2 1 14799351 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN Card

You got a Ripken rookie in a 1986 Fleer pack? Sweet!!

. >>

Must have been one of those MNMYC packs image
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭
    The grade finally popped for the pack I got with the Jordan sticker on back, PSA received my packs on April 7th, John

MINT 9 xxxx 1986 FLEER BASKETBALL WAX PACK WAX PACK JORDAN STICKER BACK Card US

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

Congrats jmoran19!

I send my Jordan pack in recently along with a big card submission, still waiting for grade to pop up.
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    hey everyone,

just got back from an extended overseas trip, finally got these 2 packs in my hands. however, since a chance of a jordan is now slim to none and they were a gift for a friend who always wanted to rip a jordan, i decided to buy two new packs today from Steve. the two from the rip i'm selling now for best reasonable offer. raises an interesting question--what's a jordanless but otherwise perfect pack worth? pm if interested. paypal/visa/mc all fine.

jason
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I want to buy a 1986 Fleer Chris Mullin and a 1986 Fleer James Worthy. I need them in at least Nr. Mt raw condition. I will need them shipped via USPS Express Mail (overnight) to one of my friends in Nevada and will pay $20 for shipping plus the cost of the cards. (USPS Flat Rate Envelope Express Mail shipping should run you around $16.50 or so) I need you to ship them out tomorrow at the latest.

Cards must be raw so they don't have to crack the slabs (I have no problem cracking slabs but I don't have time for you to send them to me and for me to then turn around and send them to them)

Please send scans of the cards and your best price for the pair. I can pay immediately via paypal upon execution of a deal. Once I pay, I'll send you the address to ship to.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    the PSA 9 Jordan I pulled from this rip is now for sale with... it's being sold by Probstein123 if anyone is interested...

Sorry for the spam!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    This thread was very refreshing to skim though... back in the day when this forum was still about card collecting instead of alts fighting with alts.
    I'd love to rip one of these again... this was the most fun I've had on any rip we've done.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd jump in on it or one with a shot at a Gretzky RC
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    I am in for a pack if there is a trusted wax box to be popped
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    i would be up for a rip of 86 Fleer Pack and or 79-80 OPC pack....obviously need to do a group break from Hart and BBCE.
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭
    I concur - I wish I was on this board when this group rip happened. I would love a chance at another box break, if one ever pops up on BBCE.
  • ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Nice group rip and great pulls. I'm in for a few if a box ever becomes available.