Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mike's TTM items and other autos - Latest New Additions

Comments

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Yes, that was the Selmon address I used.

Also, a few new additions over the past few days.

2 new additions to 1969 Topps basketball: #31 Dick Van Arsdale and #39 Toby Kimball.

Also added Hockey HOFer Brad Park RC from show in MA

Next addition was #2 to my 1967 Red Sox team ball - George Scott. Going off to Rico Petrocelli next.

Finally, addition #10 to my 1972 Stanley Cup Champion Bruins program - now I just need Wayne Cashman, Phil Esposito and Bobby Orr. Will add those guys when I drum up some cash.

• Did you send Selmon money? Great Dick Van Arsdale and Toby Kimball. He did not personalize yours that is cool. That is a nice Brad Park. I have have 1971 Signed and personalized. Esposito signs but personalizes. Bobby Orr is the third toughest Hockey signer behind Dryden and George Armstrong. My only Bobby Orr autograph is on a 1971 Topps PSA DNA that I bought on Ebay for real deal. How many 1969 Topps Basketball's do you have? You have to be a at least 60 something right.

<< <i>Did you send Selmon money? Great Dick Van Arsdale and Toby Kimball. He did not personalize yours that is cool. That is a nice Brad Park. I have have 1971 Signed and personalized. Esposito signs but personalizes. Bobby Orr is the third toughest Hockey signer behind Dryden and George Armstrong. My only Bobby Orr autograph is on a 1971 Topps PSA DNA that I bought on Ebay for real deal. How many 1969 Topps Basketball's do you have? You have to be a at least 60 something right. >>

Just counted - I'm at 51/98
    Added one more for John and my ProSet golf set - Kenny Knox.

Also added a Tim Raines RC and the 3rd ball in my signed ASG MVP ball collection - Tim Raines. I think it came out great!

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ... WTG on the recent autos. It's been TWO WEEKS since I have gotten back a return. I still have HUNDREDS out there ... but beginning to think most of them are not going to get back to me. I guess I need to once again start sending out some more requests.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Well, I struck out going to Angel Stadium in search of Carl Crawford for my ASG ball collection last night. If anyone is going to see him, let me know.

Today brought a couple new additions to ease the pain:

SCN member was doing a a signing with Angels prospect Hank Conger to benefit the Nick Adenhart Foundation. I thought it was a good cause so I picked up a ball from the '10 ASG Futures Game and had Hank sign it. Thought it was a bargain for $12.

Also added Al Attles, the coach of the 1975 World Champion Golden State Warriors to my 74-75 Media Guide. No one on this team really signs TTM so I'll go for Rick Barry next. Any tips on how to have him NOT personalize it? I just think personalization on Multi items looks crappy!

So I put together a private signing through Hall of Fame Sports with Larry Bird for SCN/CBT/PSA members and anyone that sent me stuff should be getting theirs back this week. Here were the two items I got done for myself:

Added BKB HOF Larry Bird to RC already signed by Magic Johnson and Dr J

Added BKB HOF Larry Bird to 1981 World Champion Boston Celtics Media Guide - calling this one finished. Now have 3 finished NBA World Champion Media Guides!

• Mike, you have some absolutely amazing stuff!
    Couple additions but not much happening lately.

Added BKB HOF Rick Barry to 1975 Warriors Media Guide. Off to Jamaal Wilkes next. Then I'll hang onto it until I can get a few other guys in person.

Also added RC of ABA Champion Freddie Lewis of the Pacers. I sent him the card as a test to see if he would sign my 72-73 Pacers Media Guide.

Finally, Jes got Tommy Lasorda to sign my rookie the other day but he signed it very poorly. Going to try and get another one when I can.

Couple new ones today:

Added 1969 Topps Eddie Miles. Only a couple more outstanding on this set - then the chellenge of non-TTM guys and dead players begins. I will be adding Oscar Robertson at the Sun Times Show in November. Excited! Really need John Havlicek to do a signing.

Also added BKE HOFer Bill Sharman to my 1956-57 World Champion Celtics Yearbook. Bill has stopped signing through the mail but a friend of a friend was able to get this returned to me signed (I had mailed it a long time ago). Exciting to see it again. Off to Bob Cousy next.

• Excellent Eddie Miles. Glad he signed for you.
    Went over to Dodger Stadium last night to pick up Mike Navarro's card for the Magic Johnson signing from our friend Jes and wound up getting a couple baseballs signed.

Added SS baseballs from 02 AL MVP Jason Giambi and current NL BA Leader and Triple Crown threat Carlos Gonzalez (nice guy).

If someone needs the Giambi I'd probably trade it.

Two new cards while attempting to get David Eckstein at Dodger Stadium last night. Need David on a 2006 WS ball. He never came out but I managed to get autos from Miguel Tejada and Adrian Gonzalez on rookies.

Also added BKB HOFer Bob Cousy on my 1957 World Champion Celtics Media Guide. Kind of in a weird dilemma on this one. I know I need to add tommy Heinsohn (he's pictured at far right) but Bill Russell and Frank Ramsey were also on that team but were not in the photo because they played in the Olympics in 1956. Can't decide weather I should add them. I'm leaning yes but would be interest to hear opinions.

I don't usually get to make big collection additions because I really don't have any money (you'd be surprised how much of this stuff costs nothing except shipping) but today is different!

I sold a complete set of PSA 9 1974 Red Sox (minus the Fisk) that I built a few years ago for the money I needed to pick up these two balls. I'm now 5/31 on ASG MVP baseballs with '80 Dave Parker and '82 Dave Concepcion outstanding for SCN signings. Beyond that, I have 11 unsigned balls from other all star games. I think these things look phenomenal and will look even better displayed as a set when I'm done. Obviously, as with any endeavor that I make, there's one impossible/extremely expensive guy - '94 Kirby Puckett who's been deceased for a few years now. I anticipate '86 Roger Clemens, '96 Mike Piazza and '00 Derek Jeter to be very difficult just due to cost. The others should be reasonable enough to add gradually.

Without further adieu:

Added
    '01 ASG MVP Cal Ripken signed 2001 All Star Game baseball (PSA DNA signed in the presence)
    '07 ASG MVP Ichiro Suzuki signed2007 All Star Game baseball (Ichiro Hologram)

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Nice Cal ball. The '01 ASG balls are IMPOSSIBLE to find, even unsigned.

Are you going to harass Robertson in person about the item he never returned to you?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

<< <i>Nice Cal ball. The '01 ASG balls are IMPOSSIBLE to find, even unsigned.

Are you going to harass Robertson in person about the item he never returned to you? >>

Good memory! I don't live in Chicago, but even if I did, I don't think I'd be ballsy enough to ask him about the program that he never returned (a huge loss since it was so nice). A board member is taking my stuff or him to sign. I don't think it'd be appropriate for him to ask either. Just the risks associated with TTM I guess.
  • Ichiro's sig looks a lot like my 3 year old daughters!
  • The 1969s are coming in slow at about one a week. I am at 52 out of the 98. I got one today that is a real nice surprise. Walt Hazzard signed as Walt Hazzard not as Mahdi Abul Rahman.
    Walt Hazzard
    1722 Virginia Rd
    Los Angeles, CA 90019

I considered Walt Hazzard a long shot and hadn't seen very many success from Hazzard especially at SCN. The wait was about 3 1/2 months. I am still waiting on 20 or so 1969 cards.

How many are you up to on the 1969's?

<< <i>How many are you up to on the 1969's? >>

I'm 53/98 right now with a few outstanding TTM and Oscar Robertson coming up at a signing in November. Will give Walt Hazzard a shot. I usually don't send out cards unless there has been a recent success.

Added a couple more baseballs today...

1979 ASG MVP Dave Parker on 79 ASG ball. Now 6/31 on ASG MVP balls

Also added Rico Petrocelli and Dave Morehead recently on my 1967 Red Sox team ball. This makes 4/19 possible

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭
    That Parker 1979 ASG ball is very cool......I had him sign a program similarly a couple years ago:

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
    Some new mail today...

Added rookie cards from:

MLB All Star Wilbur Wood (signing in Mass)
    ABA All Star Marvin "Bad News" Barnes (signing in Mass)

Added Kevin Stacom to 1976 World Champion Celtics media guide. This one is going slowly because there's really nobody that signs TTM. Need Havlicek, Cowens, Silas, Nelson, Scott and Coach Tommy Heinsohn. Oye!

Also picked up last years US Amateur winner Byeong Hun An on a golf ball through the mail. This makes 2009 complete with balls (have signed balls from Cabrera, Glover, Cink, Yang and now An). It also makes 45 different US Amateur winners that I have on golf balls from the course they won at. Only living missing ones are Nicklaus, Mickelson, Woods, Lee and Uihlein. Jack, Phil and El Tigre don't sign balls anymore so it'll be tough to get them to sign the ball from their course. Danny Lee and Peter Uihlein should be manageable with time.

I put together a signing with Magic Johnson for about 30 people via SCN. It was run by Hall of Fame Sports and I got 5 items done...

1986 Fleer

Larry Bird retirement 16 X 20

1987-88 Lakers Media Guide

1979-80 Lakers Media Guide

NBA Top 50 Lithograph

Pretty dar good mail day out there...

Added BKB HOFer Frank Ramsey to my 1956-57 Celtics yearbook. Now need Bill Russell, Tommy Heinsohn and Dick Hemric. Mailing to Hemric next. Will undoubtedly have to pay for Tommy and Russ. Getting really worried about putting it in the mail.

Frank also answered a question I had about why he isn't pictured. He confirmed for me that he didn't join the team until Jan 7 because of his service in the army. Nice guy....Bill Russell isn't pictured because he was playing in the Olympics.

Added Gary Bell to my 1967 Red Sox team ball. Now at 5/19 living members. Off to George Thomas next.

Finally, added two cards:

Hockey HOFer Pete Conacher on his 1954 Topps card...these cards are just so pretty that I wanted to have a few signed. TTM

Baseball All Star Mike Hampton on his rookie card...got IP at Dodger game last night

• I got Neal Walk Today. c/o Phoenix Suns . It took about four months only 19 that I am waiting on now. I am at 52, but they are coming in at One a Week at best now.
  • Got Dick Snyder today. I think you have him already. That makes 53. I have 18 that I am waiting.
    Three new pieces of mail today:

Added Freddie Lewis to my 1972-73 ABA Champion Indiana Pacers Media Guide

Added 2 time NBA CHampion and Bill Simmons 79th best player of all time, Bobby Dandridge RC

Added #51 Jim Barnett to my 1969-70 Topps basketball set. I believe I'm now 54/98 with 2-3 out for signing

• Got 54 Today in my 1969's . I just got Ray Scott today. It took 2 weeks. I used this address, his work address.
    Ray Scott
    c/o Lutheran Child and Family Service of Michigan
    15160 West Eight Mile Road
    Oak Park, Michigan 48237-3007

• airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Mike, you have one awesome set of 1969 Topps basketball cards. Thank you very much for the help with my set you've provided so far - I'm at 50-something as well. Here are a few favorites:

Three new additions today:

Added George Thomas to my 1967 Impossible Dream Red Sox ball. He's addition #6. Off to Lee Stange next. I really want to add as many guys as I can before paying $100+ for Yastrzemski.

Added Bernhard Langer to my US Senior Open champions golf ball collection. I'm now 24/31 on that set. Will add 2-3 more at the next Senior Tour stop that I go to

Also added Tom Boerwinkle to 1969 Topps Basketball set (and sent the 1970 and 71 cards since they were $0.10/ea at the store). He wrote me back a nice letter and said that Pete Maravich was the best he ever played against. I also determined that this was addition #54. I mistakenly thought I had #42 Leroy Ellis but I don't. So now definitively 54/98 with Oscar Robertson outstanding.

• That is some nice stuff. Leroy Ellis apparently has Terminal Cancer. Larry Siegfried died yesterday at 71! I just got his autograph in June or July.
    Four new additions today...

Pepper Johnson rookie - from SCN signing

1954 Topps Bill Gasdby - from SCN signing (not doing this set because too many guys have passed on but it's so pretty that I'm assembling some)

Also, I had thought I was finished with the 1977-78 Bullets Media Guide but a signing with Tom Henderson and Larry Wright happened last week so I had to add them. Now it's really finished! EXCITED!

Finally, added Lee Stange to my 1967 Red Sox team ball. Now 7/19 on the surviving members. Off to Jose Santiago next.

• jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    The Bullets media guide is awesome!! You should get that framed ASAP.
  • Got Number 55, He took about 5 months.
    Len Chappell
    7624 Chestnut Lane Waterford, WI. 53185

I don't know if you have Bellamy on a 1969 here is his address if you don't.

Walt Bellamy
    2884 Lake Shore dr
    College Park Ga 30337

Good day to kick off the NBA season.

Got back my NBA Top 50 litho from the Chantilly Show and added Wes Unseld and George Gervin. It's off to Chicago for Oscar Robertson next. He'll be addition #5

Also added a few random 70's cards that I had lying around:

70 Wes Unseld (from same Chantilly Show)
    76 and 78 Dave Twardzik
    77 Kevin Grevey
    78 Johnny Davis

Nice mail today!

Added:
    Hockey HOFer (and Bruins legend) Gerry Cheevers signed RC (show in Mass)

Football HOFer Warren Moon signed RC (SCN member got for me)

1981 ASG MVP and 1984 ASG MVP Gary Carter signed All Star game baseballs w/ inscriptions (paid Gary's foundation)

Now 8/32 on ASG balls with 4 out for signing and 8 more blank balls that I have. Slow but fun project.

My returns have slowed to a crawl. I need a new project - a cheap one since the Celtics signing in April projects to cost me $1500 if I got everything done that I have. UGH! No way I'll be able to afford close to that.

Jes was cool enough to pick me up Don Mattingly on a 2/1 deal back at the end of the baseball season but we hadn't seen each other. Pretty card, Thanks Jes!

Second item Jes did as well - he added Reggie Smith to my 1967 Red Sox baseball. I'm trying to raise $135 in Paypal this weekend so I can send it to the Yaz signing next week - check out my thread on the BST - and basically you can PM me if you have needs/teams that you like. I'm sure we can find something even if it's only $3!

Third item is Mel Blount from an SCN signing. I think that makes 75 different FB HOFers. I'll have to count again one of these days.

Thanks as always for looking!

• Fantastic Mel Blount. Any more 1969s or are still at 54. They are getting tough at this point.

<< <i>Fantastic Mel Blount. Any more 1969s or are still at 54. They are getting tough at this point. >>

If I had any they'd be posted here. Just not sure where to go right now. I have one coming in from Oscar Robertson next week. I sent Rick Adelman to a guy that autographs the NBA regularly. I'll do Havlicek in April and will hopefully see Jerry West and Elgin Baylor in Los Angeles at some point soon. Not really sure what else I can do! I got Ray Scott back but he didn't sign. He just put a stat sheet back in the envelope. That was a weird. Maybe Willis Reed will sign one of these days. I need 4 autos from him!
    Three additions since the last update.

Thanks a freaking ton to daddymc and InitialD for their help with signings.

Added:
    FB HOFer / Heisman Winner Paul Hornung RC (Daddymc's help)

FB HOFer Jackie Smith RC (SCN member's help)

1983 ASG MVP Fred Lynn on ball from that game. (InitailD's help)

I'm now 9/31 on ASG MVP baseballs with 3 outstanding at signings.

I was in Vegas for a quick 24 hours and missed yesterday's mail but the neighbor just brought this over image

These are from the MAB show last weekend in NJ. A SCN member was kind enough to take them for me.

Added:

1982 ASG baseball signed by the MVP - Dave Concepcion

2007 World Series baseball signed by the MVP - Mike Lowell (I was little bummed that it was dinged in transit but it's for my PC so I'm over it)

Just have to say this about jswieton.... image

THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS STUFF DONE FOR ME IN CHICAGO

Added:
    1969 Oscar Robertson. I believe this is #55 in my set quest

BKB HOFer Oscar Robertson to my 1971 World Champion Milwaukee Bucks media guide. Now just need Kareem Abdul Jabbar to finish

Started 1988 Dodgers World Series program - since I live in LA and a lot of these guys are around - added John Tudor

FINISHED Notre Dame Heisman winner mini helmet with 1987 winner Tim Brown. This looks awesome in person.

Thanks again John!

Also picked up Terry O'Reilly rookie from a signing in Boston

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice additions Mike. Extremely nice of John to help you out.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    That is a BEAUTIFUL Oscar Robertson card - really nice stuff. Have you heard any word yet on a possible Abdul-Jabbar signing? I'm now missing 21 cards for the complete 69 Topps set and the Alcindor is the biggest one. Cool stuff!

- Joe

<< <i>That is a BEAUTIFUL Oscar Robertson card - really nice stuff. Have you heard any word yet on a possible Abdul-Jabbar signing? I'm now missing 21 cards for the complete 69 Topps set and the Alcindor is the biggest one. Cool stuff!

- Joe >>

I will get him done cheaply for you when Hall of Fame Sports does a signing. I keep bugging them about setting one up. I got people deals on Larry and Magic earlier this year. Hoping for Kareem in early '11.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Terry O'Reilly. One of my faves after Orr was gone.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Great, Robertson. $85 is not cheap, but certainly worth it! I got Lou Hudson recently and that makes 56 for me so far. I have stayed away from getting most of the big names. Here Hudson's address that I used
    LOU HUDSON
    1589 LITTLE KATE RD
    PARK CITY UT 84060

this another Hudson address as well
    Lou Hudson
    2002 Lakeview Dr. Park City, UT 84060

As for Ray Scott you could try address enclosing a $5 donation, sometimes stuff like that works. Are you still waiting on Walt Hazzard or any other? You could send me a message of the ones that you need.
    Didn't have a chance to post these yesterday. Both fun returns:

My second package from John's assistance at the Sun Times show came back. Added Oscar Robertson to my NBA Top 50 lithograph. Now 5/50 (only 45 are possible). Off to Bill Sharman private signing next.

Also received back my 1967 Red Sox ball from a signing in Massachusetts and added 1967 Triple Crown winner/MVP Carl Yastrzemski. Off to a Mike Ryan signing in Philly next. After that it'll go to Jim Lonbord who hopefully will inscribe "Cy 67" under Yaz's auto. I'm really liking this ball. Thinking about starting a '73 World Champion Oakland A's one next.

• cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    This collection really is amazing. I'd love to know your secret on how you afford it. If you're hiring at your job, let me know. lol
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I see a bunch of guys are working on the 69 basketball set, I received these in a set that I bought, if anyone is interested in any , send me an offer on what you need and I am sure we can make a deal. thanks , Duncan

imageimage

<< <i>This collection really is amazing. I'd love to know your secret on how you afford it. If you're hiring at your job, let me know. lol >>

I was unemployed for the better part of the last two years. The secret isn't anything more than doing every single thing you can for free TTM and selling off stuff you don't care about for the means to fund paid signings. Honestly.