Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mike's TTM items and other autos - Latest New Additions

Comments

• cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    If that's the case, I'd love to see your collection if you had lots of extra cash. It's already unreal! I'm going to take the advice as I've been low on funds too for a while.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Added a couple new things the last few days.

FB HOFer Bruce Smith RC TTM

1985 ASG MVP Lamarr Hoyt on the ball from his MVP year. Now 11/31 with 3 outstanding. Hoping to add 4-5 during the Spring Training consignment period on SCN.

• Nice Smith...although, no one adds Bruce Smith. Bruce Smith chooses to. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
    JeserOne called me today and said I had an hour to get to a golf tournament where Jerry West was signing but I had no card. I had just bought a 69 on eBay last week and it hadn't arrived yet. I was really bummed out and then 10 minutes later my mail came an hour early...and brought my 69 West! I hightailed it out of the house and met Jerry who signed beautifully and still made it for kickoff and my internet radio show to watch and talk about Pats/Jets. Good day! By the way, you guys should check it out. You may enjoy:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-f-u-sports-talk-podcast/id356478903

Also added a new item that I'll be starting on in the next month - a media guide from the 1970-71 ABA Champion Utah Stars. I was shocked when the guy accepted my $30 offer for it on eBay. There is a Zelmo Beatty signing on SCN next month and I may try to TTM it to coach Bill Sharman after that. That team should have a book written about it. They played a WAR of a 7 game series against the Kentucky Colonels in the ABA finals. All 7 games were won by the home team with both teams scoring more than 100 in every game.

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Very Nice Mike, Congrats on the West.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    good luck on the yearbook

can't wait to see it come to life
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

SOOOOO excited by this addition. I collect golf balls signed by major championship winners - that includes the U.S. Amateur and I have every guy except Tiger, Phil (who don't ever sign balls) and Jack Nicklaus - who almost never signs them anymore. But an SCN member had a special in with him and was able to knock this out for me. The ball is a logo from The Broadmoor in Colorado (where he won his first of 2 U.S. Amateur's in 1959). Over the moon excited!

Added a card and a ball today:

FB HOFer Eric Dickerson RC (SCN member who owed me a favor got it done for me in Vegas)

Added Mike Ryan to 1967 Red Sox multi-ball. Now at 11 signatures on it. Mailing to Jim Lonborg tomorrow. Asking him to add "Cy 67" under the Yaz auto. After him there will only be 7 living guys left.

Good returns the past few days.

Added Jamaal Wilkes to my 1975 World Champion Golden State Warriors media guide
    -This one was out about a month longer than I would have liked. Wasn't sure it was coming back

Added The Admiral - David Robinson. These were out about 16 months. So nice to get a return after that long. He was my favorite player growing up too. Fun Return!

Added 58th card to 1969 Topps set - Kevin Loughery

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Mike ... I am HOPING that Mr. Robinson decided to sign all his requests that have been hanging around the past two years.

On March 26, 2009 I sent a TTM to him ... 21 months ago ... maybe I'll get mine this week? (PS Breath NOT being held ... LOL)

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice new additions. I used to love to watch Jamaal Wilkes shoot free throws, and then if I tried to imitate him, my coach would get ticked image

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    I was out of town for a couple weeks and returned Monday to find these goodies at the post office waiting for me:

1988 World Series ball signed by MVP Orel Hershiser. Now 3/31 on WS MVP balls with 1 out TTM and 1 out at a signing

1991 All Star Game baseball signed by MVP Cal Ripken. Now 12/31 on ASG MVP balls with 5 outstanding at potential or paid signings

Jim Lonborg became addition #12 to my 1967 Red Sox multi sig ball. Ball went right off to a signing with Ken Harrelson. 6 living guys remain after him

Robert Parish became signature #1 on my 1983-84 World Champion Boston Celtics Media Guide

Future BKB HOFer Gary Payton returned my 2 RCs TTM

You know what I've really loved about these boards (PSA/CBT/SCN)? It's the friends I've made. I really feel like when I see something that people like John (Jswieton), Bill (InitialD), Jes (JeserOne) etc. may be interested in, I always let them know, ask if they need help and sometimes even go to signings and get stuff done for them. In turn, they always seem to go even further above and beyond for me. The good thing is that I like nothing more than returning favors. I hope there is some good stuff coming up to return a couple to John and to Bill for this stuff.

Bill, out of the kindness of his heart, just sent me Ray Bourque and Tim Thomas signed hockey pucks. How great is that?! I had purchased (for a pittance) a Bourque signed RC from him and in the package were these things. Just amazing. I had sent him some pucks for the Terry O'Reilly signing awhile back too. Had totally forgot about that one. Bill, for the love of god, thank you! Please please please tell me what I can do to help you out from the left coast!

Also for the record, added:

FB HOFer Don Maynard RC - private signing

Las Vegas Invitational signed golf ball by Chip Beck. That was the site of the 2nd 59 ever recorded on tour. Now I need to add David Duval and Stuart Appleby and I'll have all of the 59's!

Well, it finally happened...a 3+ year wait for a TTM came back. THERE IS HOPE FOR ALL OF YOU!

I went through a phase of mailing golf balls to Women's Open winners 3 years ago. I mailed Catherine Lacoste (Rene Lacoste's daughter!) to the Lacoste company in Paris with French TTM return stamps. Well, I gave up on it. She won the 1967 Women's Open at The Homestead in Virginia. So today I open the mail and there sits a golf ball and signed photo from Madame Lacoste. Pretty excited. Who knows, maybe some of my long lost stuff has a chance (72 Lakers media guide!!!)

Also got a Red Sox mini back from Bobby Doerr (maybe the best living free HOFer). Looks great!

Headed out to the Bob Hope Classic in Palm Springs with some SCN members this morning. Those guys all take pages and pages of cards. I ws only interested in a few guys. I failed to get Dr. J, Greg Maddux, Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen. All were seemingly in bad moods (I mean who wouldn't be playing golf for free on a beautiful day - HA!)

Did manage to score the following:

FB HOFer Eric Dickerson RC (this is going to InitialD as a thank you for some recent help)
    BKB HOFer George Gervin RC
    Hockey HOFer Grant Fuhr RC
    Former Oilers/Titans TE Frank Wycheck (only card I could fine on short notice - what is his RC?)

Added Index card signed by Blues Brothers Rhythm Guitarist and member of Booker T and the MG's - Steve "The Colonel" Croppper. I want to do a whole BB set. Currently have Cropper and Murphy Dunne.

Also brought a Masters logo golf ball with me on the off chance Arnold Palmer would show up (his grandson Sam Saunders was playing) - And he DID!

Added Masters logo golf ball from 4 time Champion Arnold Palmer!

Very nice Mike. I think that Palmer is a Home Run, considering that it looks like he now uses a ghost signer or auto pen when you send requests to his home in FL.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Great stuff!
  • scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Former Oilers/Titans TE Frank Wycheck (only card I could fine on short notice - what is his RC?)

>>

1994 Playoff

Funny coincidence (I think)...two years ago Matt (Lawnmowerman) was the first person to reply in this thread on January 20, 2009. So on January 20, 2011 I come hope to find a signed 1994 Classic Proline Auto Willie McGinist card. Matt knows I'm a huge Pats fan and probably assumed I was still smarting from that Jets loss. Let me just say this...there is no better guy in this hobby, on this board and the board across the street (which he founded).

When I was down on my luck at the start of this thread Matt did his best to cheer me up by sending me out some stuff and I haven't forgotten it. Please know that I really do appreciate what you did then Matt and thanks again for the WM card today. Was fun to see it and hilarious that you addressed it from Emmitt Smith!

Also today, got a ball back from a signing that an SCN member attended for me...and it's friggin beautiful...

Added 1991 World Series baseball signed/inscribed by MVP Jack Morris. His 10 inning gem in game 7 is IMO one of the last great pitching performances. No manager would send a guy out for the 10th today in a game under those circumstances. No way. Who the heck else would Tom Kelly have sent out there in '91?

A few new additions over the past couple days...

Should be MLB HOFer Barry Larkin RC (I sent one - got back two with VERY different signatures. Not sure what to think!)
    Should be NFL HOFer Maxie Baughan RC - kind of like the classic ballpoint sig.

Added Ken "Hawk "Harrelson to my 1967 Red Sox baseball. Now have 13 signatures on it. Only 6 living guys left (Mike Andrews, Dan Osinski, Jose Santiago, Norm Sieburn, Jose Tartabull and Gary Waslewski) but none sign TTM. Looking for signings.

Two new FB HOFers added!

FB HOFer Jackie Slater RC - Jes got this done for me at a local golf tourney. Thanks as always, JES!

FB HOFer Forrest Gregg - TTM w/ fee ($25). Been putting this one off forever but seeing him in the ESPN 30 for 30 about SMU reminded me to send.

Just counted...that's now 81 different FB HOF signed RC's, and I never buy them, only paid signings or TTM.

• How long was the turnaround on the Gregg? I have a request out that I sent back in August that I'm still waiting on.
    I think I sent Forrest in mid-Jan to the Plaza Azul address in Santa Fe...included $25 in cash and wrote a longer letter that made mention of him taking over the SMU program after the death penalty. Good luck.
    Jerry West and Elgin Baylor both did free signings in town over the last two days. I went to both and had them sign my NBA 50 Greatest Players litho. I'm now at 7 out of 46 living. Will add Dave Cowens, Isiah Thomas, Sam Jones, Walt Frazier, John Havlicek and Bill Russell over the next two months. Then it'll be torture sending it anywhere!!!

Jerry actually signed above himself instead of below where I wanted but I'm not concerned at all

Also added FB HOFer Willie Brown on a RC

• Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Was the Willie Brown TTM or show signing?
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

<< <i>Was the Willie Brown TTM or show signing? >>

SCN member went to the Pro Bowl and he was there. I had sent my card to him in case he showed.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Very nice! I really like the signed 65's. Nice addtions by the way. This is definitely one of my favorite threads!
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    Went over to Riviera CC today for one of my favorite tournaments. Usually I go with a bunch of stuff to get signed...but because my podcast is kind of taking off I wanted to ask guys to come on as guests instead of getting autos - and doing both at the same time would almost insure they WOULDN'T come on. We had the U.S. Amateur champion on last week's show so it's becoming easier to sell guys on coming on the show. Hoping to have golf guests in March and basketball guests in April and roll into baseball after that etc.

When I asked for autos I did so WAY out of the way of the guys I was asking for a podcast guest appearance:

Added:

Jerry West (he's the exec director of the tournament) on two cards

2010 Open Championship winner Louis Oosthuizen on 2010 Open ball

Stuart Appleby on Greenbriar Classic ball - he shot 59 there last year. I'm now 4/5 on guys to shoot 59

Jonhattan Vegas on Bob Hope Classic ball - Johnny Vegas won it this year - too bad I smudged it when taking it back from him. Oh well

NBA All Star Weekend in Los Angeles...a manic rush around town for most autograph collectors. There seemed to be multiple events going on everywhere at the same time with both current players and retired stars. I took it pretty easy and only did manageable stuff. Some people really made out like bandits. Here's what I came away with:

Additions to NBA 50 Greatest lithograph:

HOFer Bill Walton
    HOFer James Worthy
    HOFer Bill Sharman

1986 Fleer
    Bill Walton
    Byron Scott

1976-77 Topps
    Mitch Kupchak

2009 Champion Lakers Media Guide
    Pau Gasol (Sort of a pen fail - kind of bummed but I'll live with it)

1987-88 Champion Lakers Media Guide
    Kurt Rambis

And your collection keeps on growing! Very nice autos.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Two mail additions today:

David Duval completes my PGA Tour Players to Shoot 59 collection (all balls from courses they did it at - have Geiberger, Beck, Duval, Goydos, Appleby)

1970-71 ABA Champion Utah Stars media guide signed by Playoff MVP Zelmo Beaty. Thinking about trying to get the starting 5 and HOF coach Bill Sharman but Zelmo didn't leave a lot of room!

Zelmo brings back memories ... I remember when he used to come to Long Island to play the New YORK Nets! Those were fun games to go to!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Been quiet recently. I never update with just one new thing and these have trickled in since last update...

Added Alfonso Soriano on 2004 All Star Game ball - he was MVP. Now at 13/31 with 2 out at paid signings and 3 more out at Spring Training with hounds.

Added two more cards to 1969 Topps basketball set - HOFer Walt Bellamy and Len Chappell. Now at 61/98. Starting to run out of guys. Only three more outstanding at a signings (Havlicek/Chet Walker/Paul Silas). Need to track down Rick Adelman, Elgin Baylor and the rest!

New additions today! Haven't had three new ones in the same day in quite awhile!

Been working on this Evans/Bumbry/Spikes RC for a couple months. An SCN member got me Evans/Bumbry and spikes was TTM. I love it!

Added #62/98 to my 1969 Topps basketball set - Chet Walker (SCN member got it)

Added 49ers Mini helmet from SCN signing with FB HOFer Hugh McElhenny. I may add the living 49ers HOFers to it. I'm not a 49ers fan but I like projects. HA!

• Paul Silas signs c/o Charlotte Bobcats.
    Went over to the San Diego St vs. Loyola Marymount baseball game today. Tony Gwynn (SDSU coach) couldn't have been nicer. Signed two RC's for my collection and one for a friend who had to leave before he signed. Also got back All Star Game MVP ball #14/31 from a SCN member who got Brian McCann for me at Spring Training.

Really nice maildays over the last two days.

Added two HOF RC's:

FB HOFer Emmitt Thomas RC (Suntimes Show - thanks John!)
    FB HOFer Kellen Winslow RC (SCN signing - thanks Heidi!)

Added All Star Game MVP ball #15/31 - Roberto Alomar (Suntimes Show - thanks again John!)

Added Hockey HOFer Milt Schmidt on a puck (need Neely/Orr/Espo to finish Bruins HOFers) - SCN signing - thanks Doug!

By mail I added the following:
    1969 Topps BKB HOFer Walt Bellamy

ABA All Time Leading scorer Louie Dampier (should be in HOF) in his 71 and 72 Topps cards

Lakers player and broadcaster Keith Erickson on his 70, 71 and 72 cards

Finally...I decided that when possible I like my HOF RC's with multiple players depicted signed by everyone on it. So I TTM'd my Fingers RC to Bobby Floyd (it's out to Larry Burchart now) and my 1982 Topps Ripken RC to Jeff Schneider first. Going to Bob Bonner shortly.

I just had some of these basketball cards lying around and mailed them out

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    nice recent additions!!!!

congrats!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

Four returns today.

Spud Webb - 86 Fleer (SCN signing)
    Jonathan Odgen RC (SCN member) - I would think a future HOFer so I wanted to knock it off the list

Multi-basketball returns from Gail Goodrich and Jon McGlocklin. Jon is a good guy and we've corresponded in the past. I sent a letter out yesterday to his teammate Greg Smith (also a great guy) from the '71 Champion Bucks asking if he's interested in appearing on my podcast. Could be fun. Crossing fingers.

I'm trying not to do auto sets for 70/71/72/86 but I had them so I mailed them...now I'm tempted. UGH!!

Good day!

Added: FB HOFer Jim Brown RC (SCN/PSA member BKritz at Chantilly Show)

Completed: Rollie Ringers/Floyd/Burchart RC with Larry Burchart's signature TTM - looks awesome!

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Very Nice Brown Mike. I would like to add that card one day. Thats an expensive card to get into.
    Awesome additions Mike. Congrats!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

Love the Fingers and the Jim Brown. He has such a nice auto. BTW cool Spud Webb
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff Mike!! That Fingers really temps me to crack out my PSA/DNA and finish it off.
    Crossed the halfway mark on my All Star Game MVP ball set today with #16/31 - 1995 ASG MVP Jeff Conine - SCN member at Spring Training got for me.

Former #1 Draft Pick and Lakers champion Mychal Thompson was out signing as much as anyone wanted (one guy got 30 cards) at a local Pep Boys today. i went with a
    buddy and got 5 cards.

One of these days I figure Cito Gaston will sign so I sent his 1969 RC to the other player depicted - Bill Davis. Happy to see that one return.

Also from my random early-70's basketball returns - Don Smith (now Zaid Abdul-Aziz), Darrall Imhoff and Pogo Joe Caldwell all came back. It's fun to be getting mail back consistently. I wasn't trying to do those sets but I'm just sending out the commons I have around the house. May turn into set projects. We'll see.

WTG Mike ... THAT'S a LOT of autos you just got! Good for you. You finally were able to get Thompson ... you said you would! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Somebody actually had the balls to get 30 cards signed? WOW! I'm sure they are all for his personal collection! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Wow, just noticed...

500!

Thanks to everyone for letting me post this garbage. image