Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mike's TTM items and other autos - Latest New Additions

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mike ... very nice addition. ENJOY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Couple returns today.

Added #34 to my 1969 basketball set - Keith Erickson

Added the fourth signature to my 1980-81 World Champion Celtics Media Guide - Nate "Tiny" Archibald - this one is off to Chris Ford next.

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Media guides are terribly underrated collectibles, signed or otherwise. You have a fabulous looking group there. Who do you have on that '89 Pistons guide? >>

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Nothing makes my day like going to a stadium or team store and they have last year's media guide for a couple bucks.

I'll read them cover to cover.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Just saw your Coach Ditka, congrats on a nice pickup.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    Some nice additions today...

BB HOFer Bill Mazeroski RC - signed at a public signing in Pennsylvania last week

#35 in my 1969 basketball quest - Mr. Jon McGlocklin

Sent this Bill Fitch card to him asking if I could send my 81 Celtics Media Guide. Wrote me a nice note and said yes and signed the card! After it comes back from Chris Ford, it's going to Fitch.

Finally, the wife and I went over to a car dealership signing on short notice when Bill (InitialD) told me he needed an 86 Fleer signed. I had JUST got in a 79-80 World Champion Lakers media guide, so she and I went and got Bill's card and my media guide signed. I plan on doing 6 signatures on this one.

Pretty darn good day:

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    nice maz

congrats!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

Two additions today.

#36/98 in my 1969 Basketball set - Mr Darrall Imhoff. He added HOF '10 which is funny because 'he' didn't get in - the 1960 US Mens Olympic Team, of which he was a part of, did. I actually like it though. Good to take pride in your team.

Kind of disappointed with the silver pen (partial) failure on the Celtics Media Guide but it's fine. It's just not ideal. Good news is I'm now 5/8 on it. Need John Havlicek, Don Nelson and Wayne Embry. All will have to be done at private signings at some point. This thing isn't going out blind TTM anymore!

Pretty good day today...

BKB HOF Jerry Lucas RC (also the 37th addition to 1969 Basketball) - Private Signing

BKB HOF Earl Lloyd RC - one of the 3 black players to break the color barrier in the NBA - TTM

HKY HOF Craig Patrick RC - TTM

and added signature #2 from Lucas on my 1972-73 Knicks World Championship season media guide.

Some good new additions today:

BB HOFer Harmon Killebrew RC signed - done by everyone's favorite SCN member and my buddy Jes at a recent charity event. He also was kind enough to throw in the 71 Topps. Perhaps I'll complete the triumvirate one of these days if the signings are cheap enough.

FB HOFer Dan Hampton two RCs signed - done by our friend John in Chicago.

Thanks again John and Jes!

TTM I added:

Hockey HOFer Gill Perreault RC ($5)

Hockey HOFer Harry Sinden RC

1990 Pro Set Golf Frank Beard for jswieton and my attempt at completion.

Been pretty broke lately so not many new additions. Here's what came in this week:

Hockey HOFer Bill Gasdby RC - this had been gone about 9 months!

Dwight Gooden RC

2 new ones for my 1969 Basketball set. Now 39/98
    Jim Washington
    Terry Dischinger

And finally - after losing the 71 Bucks program that I was working on in the mail to Oscar Robertson (who DID receive it), I started a new piece. Unfortunately Lucius Allen signed it in Green instead of the silver pen I sent him. Kind of hard to see but whatever. I'm just so happy to be going on a new Media Guide

Few new ones today.

First a shout out and thanks to Mike Navarro for the Rodman and Beman cards. I'll be repaying that favor when I find something you need (a difficult task!)

Added Robert Horry and Clyde Drexler from private signings.

Also added Rick Robey to my 1981 Celtics Media Guide. It's off to coach Bill Fitch next.

No cards today but three media guides!

The 57 Celtics one was started at a signing in MA 3 weeks ago with Jim Loscutoff and Togo Palazzi. When I got it back I immediately sent to HOFer Arnie Risen. Next it's off to Bill Sharman, then the Cooz!

The 75 Warriors one that I originally started has been out in the mail for 5 months (to Clifford Ray) so I figured I should just start a new one. Jeff Mullins was the first to sign. Out to Butch Beard next.

80 Lakers Guide - added Jamaal Wilkes. Off to Jim Chones next.

PLEASED!!

I'm getting fewer and fewer returns as I get more and more broke and/or fixated on the same items (like needing 4-5 Larry Bird autos or 3 from Dr J).

This has been it this week:

Added Bill Fitch to 1981 Celtics Media Guide. Now has 6 of the 9 that I want (Need Bird, Carr and Ford - although I sent it to Ford and he only signed the inside - weird)

Added Bob Boozer to 1971 Bucks Media Guide. This was a restart of the Program project that was lost to Oscar Robertson. Now has 2 of the 7 I want. Off to Jon McGlocklin next.

Was hoping for a bigger "day after holiday" mail day. Sometimes those are huge. Only two returns:

Added a rookie and a 1986 Fleer from Jack Sikma.

Also added Jim Chones to the 1979-80 Lakers Media Guide. Now need the biggies: Magic, Kareem and Norm Nixon. Hoping to track them down here in town one of these days.

Met up with Jes today and traded a few things that I got done for him for some that he got for me...then we both met Mychal Thompson at a local radio event. By the way, MT is a REALLY nice guy. I may do his whole card run just so I can go chat about the NBA with him again.

Added: Former NBA #1 Draft Pick Mychal Thompson's 79 rookie, 86 and 87 Fleer

NBA HOFer James Worthy RC (I actually had a couple done for board members but never got one for myself)

1969 Basketball card #41/98 for me - Jack Marin. Slowly getting there on this set. Once I hit the 50 mark, it'll get even slower. I think 7 guys are dead.

Also, one of the best looking media guides that I'm working on - 1987-88 World Champion Lakers - so far...James Worthy, Mychal Thompson, Michael Cooper and HOF owner Jerry Buss. Now need Magic, Kareem, Byron Scott AC Green and Kurt Rambis. This one will be really awesome if I can finish it as nicely as Jes started it!

Added a couple of things this week:

BKB HOF Wes Unseld RC (from SCN signing)

CFB HOF/Heisman John Cappelletti RC (TTM)

FB HOFer Nick Buoniconti on my Boston/New England Patriots HOFer Mini (from Chantilly Show) - now just need Mike Haynes

1970-71 World Champion Milwaukee Bucks Media Guide addition #3 Jon McGlocklin - off to Greg Smith now

1977-78 World Champion Washington Bullets Media Guide addition #5 Wes Unseld - off to Bobby Dandridge next

• jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Some really nice stuff!! I love how the Bulltes media guide is turning out.
    Mike ... very nice additions ... keep 'em coming!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Couple new additions over the past few days:

FB HOF Paul Warfield RC from signing in Canton

Cleveland Browns NFL Champion QB Frank Ryan RC

Pro Set golf for Jswieton's and my set: Gene Sauers

#45/98 for my 1969 Basketball set: Greg Smith

Also added Greg on my 1970-71 World Champion Bucks Media Guide. Sent Bobby Dandridge a letter requesting permission to send this one and my 78 Bullets one. Hoping he replies. I offered $20/signature. After Dandridge, this one just needs Kareem and The Big O

Some really good ones today...

Added

BB HOFer Sen. Jim Bunning RC

FB HOFer Dave Casper RC

Julius Erving became the second signature on my Bird/Erving/Magic RC - Bird will be signing it in August

Dr J also signed my 1975-76 ABA Champion New York Nets Media Guide - this is instantly one of my favs. Not sure if I'll try to add other team members.

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Dr. J and a Fighting Irishman. Nice stuff!!
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    Added #46/98 to 1969 basketball - Joe Caldwell

Also added a puck from Bruins HOF goaltender Gerry Cheevers - this was a $15 signing in Detroit that I HAD to take advantage of through an SCN member. Wish I could afford his rookie.

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff Mike

Dr J has a cool auto - love the card
  • That is some wonderful stuff especially the 1969 Topps set. I am also collecting the 1969 Topps. I am trying Greg Smith and was wondering if this is the address you used for him.
    Greg Smith
    9930 SW Lumbee Ln
    Tualatin, OR 97062-7355

I have a few addresses for my recent successes with the 1969s that you might not have because I did not see a scan. The 1969 Topps are some of my very favorite cards. Especially Dave DeBusschere and Dave Bing.
    Yes, and Greg is basically a friend at this point. He and I have corresponded 5-6 times over the past 12 months. Yes, please private message me! Any addresses that work that I do not have are SERIOUSLY appreciated. I lost an eBay lot for Herm Gilliam and Happy Hairston signed cards last week. I was really bummed out. With the exception of my Billy Cunningham and Hal Greer cards, I have done each of mine personally.

And go to settings and turn your private messages on.
    an SCN member gave me an email address for the agent for 2001 US Amateur winner - the elusive Mr Bubba Dickerson. He won it at East Lake. His agent had it for 3 months but came through for me.

Now have 42 unique US Amateur winners on golf balls and the flag has 30 winners.

• I saw that the Herm Gilliam went for $67.76 that is pretty high for a margin player. Cunningham on his rookie for less than $30 is a steal. I think it is easily a $80-$100 before PSA. Cunningham has a only a couple certifieds. Here is a few that I did not see. I am waiting on about 25. I have 45! There are also guys in the set that currently can't sign because they suffered a stroke John Tresvant and Willie McCarter, who was in the ICU as late as March. I bought my Tresvant off Ebay for $4.25 , I have his address if you want it. He returned my card unsigned.

Zaid Abdul-Aziz (formerly Don Smith Card#52)
    Sunlight Inc.
    P.O. Box 75184
    Seattle , WA 98175

Jim King (card#66)
    7747 S Canton Ave
    Tulsa, OK 74136-8262

Eddie Miles (card#21)
    7902 S 112th St
    Seattle, WA 98178-3230

Jim Barnett (is Warriors broadcaster card#51)
    c/o Golden State Warriors
    1011 Broadway
    Oakland, CA 94607

I am waiting on John Block, Walt Wesley, Wally (Wali) Jones,
    Flynn Robinson, Walt Hazzard, Adrian Smith, Ray Scott, Rick Adelman, Dick Snyder,Dave Stallworth,
    Luther Rackley, Archie Clark, Paul Silas, and Lou Hudson. I am trying Bill Bridges.
    There are a few that I can't find addresses for including Bob Rule, Jim Davis, and Dick Barnett.

I was wondering what other addresses you need from players in 1969s? What address did you use on your successes for Neal Walk and Satch Sanders.

• Toby Kimball
    6859 Avenida Andorra
    La Jolla, CA. 92037-6407

Dick Van Arsdale
    5815 N Dragoon Ln
    Paradise Valley, AZ 85253

Kevin Loughery
    1091 Byrnwyck Rd NE
    Atlanta, GA 30319-1666

Clyde Lee
    1118 Crater Hill Dr
    Nashville, TN 37215-4510
  • I also was collecting the 1990 Pro Set Golf. I have gave up after Al Geiiberger and Davis Love III never return my cards. Tom Watson sent a stamped signature, but I had some real nice successes from Arnold Palmer, Billy Casper, Greg Norman, and Byron Nelson and Lee Trevino.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it. You should turn on your private message function in settings so you don't have to bump the thread just to chat with me. I would love to chat about collecting but it's unfair to other forum users to do it in a thread on the main page.
    Haven't posted much this week so I figured I'd just lump it all in together.

An SCN member attended the Las Vegas summer league and the USA Basketball practice this week. He was unable to get Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince on my 04 Pistons Guide or Don Nelson on my 76 Celtics Guide. Even worse, he did get what appears to have been a beautiful Kevin McHale sig on my 86 Celtics Guide but Kevin accidentally smeared the paint pen when handing it back - ruining my hopes of continuing that project.

On the positive side, he was able to secure three items from NBA HOF Walt 'Clyde' Frazier, a rookie card and additions to my 70 and 73 World Champion Knicks Media Guides.

Also in the mail this week was another addition to the jswieton/vitoco1972 90 ProSet Golf quest - Jay Delsing.

Plus, I decided to mirror a few of dboneesq's 86 Fleer successes so I got back Maurice Lucas and Fat Lever. Can't decide if I'll do more of this in the future. That's an even tougher set than 69!!

• Great Walt Frazier. How did you snag Frazier? If you are a 1986 Fleer.Here is some of the successes I Remember:
    ABDUL-JABBAR, ALVAN ADAMS, BAGLEY, CHAMBERS, CHEEKS, MICHAEL COOPER, DANTLEY , BRAD DAVIS ,WALTER DAVIS ,DUMARS, GMINSKI ,HINSON,HUBBARD , DENNIS JOHNSON, KELLOGG ,LUCAS,JEFF MALONE, MCCRAY, MONCRIEF, MULLIN, NANCE, NIXON, OAKLEY, ORR, PARRISH, PAXSON, PRESSEY, RAMBIS, DOC RIVERS, RULAND, SCHAYES, SCOTT, SICHTING, SIKMA, LSMITH , TRIPUCKA, VANDEWEGHE, WITTMAN, WOODSON
    Here is the Failures: AGUIRRE, BAILEY, BIRDSONG, BLACKMAN , BOWIE, DREW ,ENGLISH , GRIFFITH, HANZLIK ,HODGES, LAIMBEER ,MCHALE, M THOMPSON ,WALTON, HERB WILLIAMS.
    Dennis Johnson has since died and Rivers no longer signs c/o Celtics. The failures mostly did not return the cards after a few years. I gave up on the set after only about 65% of them signed. The project was fun early on and frustrating after a while. Good luck with your 1986 Fleers.
    Was surprised to receive both these back.

FB HOF Lee Roy Selmon RC
    FB HOF Rickey Jackson RC

I sent Selmon two and told him to keep one (he kept the nice one)

This makes 70 unique FB HOFers on RC's - All that I've had done. Haven't bought any.

• I have Herb Williams signed 1986 Fleer if someone needs it.

<< <i>
    Here is the Failures: AGUIRRE, BAILEY, BIRDSONG, BLACKMAN , BOWIE, DREW ,ENGLISH , GRIFFITH, HANZLIK ,HODGES, LAIMBEER ,MCHALE, M THOMPSON ,WALTON, HERB WILLIAMS.
    Dennis Johnson has since died and Rivers no longer signs c/o Celtics. The failures mostly did not return the cards after a few years. I gave up on the set after only about 65% of them signed. The project was fun early on and frustrating after a while. Good luck with your 1986 Fleers. >>

A few newbies today:

Added
    Red Sox CY Young winner Jim Lonborg RC
    1969 Basketball #66 Jim King

Started a new baseball - 1967 Red Sox. I added the Manager Dick Williams first on the sweet spot and he inscribed Impossible Dream per my request. Going off to a George Scott signing next. Then Rico Petrocelli and Lonborg in the mail

Also started a completely stupid project just cause I like logo baseballs: All Star Game MVP's. I mailed to Garret Anderson with an 03 ASG baseball and he signed right under the logo! Going to Dodger Stadium with JeserOne tonight to try and grab Miguel Tejada on the 05 ball. Excited!

Got this one in person after the Dodgers game tonight. I never chase baseball autos in person so I have to say a big thank you to JeserOne for the tips and advice on where to be etc. Jes, you're the man!

Added:
    Miguel Tejada on 2005 ASG ball - he was the MVP. This is my 2nd ASG MVP ball. I have ones out to Sandy Alomar Jr, Dave Parker and Tim Raines right now as well!

• sweet allstar ball sig... Those always look cool signed!
    WTG Mike ... I guess it helps to know where to be at the Ballpark!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Great to see you get Jim King. I recently sent out Bill Bridges, Bob Love, Archie Clark, Paul Silas, Ray Scott and Wali Jones, Hazzard and Luther Rackley. Did you ever get Art Williams, Bob Rule, and Jim Davis. Chet Walker RTS from the Fleet Street Address. I heard he signs if you enclose $5/$10. Did you ever get Walker? I will post the addresses if they are successful for me. Which address did you use for your Satch Sanders successes. I saw a RTS with 41 Bennetts Rd Sturbridge, MA 01566. Thanks. Great work with 1969s. I am starting to see some similar signing habits with the 1969s. What is the deal with Rick Adelman, I have never seen a by mail success with him in recent years. I sent my 1969 Topps to him c/o Houston Rockets.I got Rickey Jackson on my 1990 Pro Set and it made my day.

I plan on getting Adelman this coming season from someone who graphs the Rockets in person. I got Satch Sanders at a private signing that he did for www.cardboardpromotions.com. I haven't tried the others because I've never seen a success by mail.
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Tejada ball! How long did you have to wait for him to come out of the ballpark?
  • I have had great luck with Hockey Hall of Famers. Most of the Hockey Hall of Famers sign by mail. I have nearly every living Hockey Hall of Famer on a trading card. There is 8 only that I need and that includes Dryden and George Armstrong. Armstrong and Dryden are almost impossible. I tried Dryden c/o The House of Commons in Canada. Most of my successes are not the rookies. I live probably open a thread of my successes with my favorite players so of them Not yet Hall of Famers like Dale Hunter, Doug Gilmour, Rene Robert, Dave Andreychuk and Jim Craig on their rookies.
    Three new additions today:

Another addition to 69 basketball - Don Smith (who has now changed his name to Zaid Al Aziz). Thanks to 3SportHOFCollector for that address!

Added Harold Baines rookie from SCN signing

And started a new short term project - golfers to shoot 59 on tour. Added 1/6 - Paul Goydos who inscribed '59' on the ball from the tournament he did it at: The John Deere Classic. Also mailed balls to Al Geiberger and Annika Sorenstam. waiting for balls for David Duval, Chip Beck and Stuart Appleby to arrive.

• Excellent Looking Zaid Abdul-Aziz (Don Smith) and pretty fast return time as well. Nice Harold Baines Rookie , perhaps baseball's most underrated player. Keep up the work with 1969s, how many do you have now? 60something I would guess. I will keep you posted on the new ones that I get. I was wondering if any of the ones you have received took a long time? I received a 1986 Bruce Smith Topps Signed c/o Pro Football Hall of Fame. This site is great. I did not even know Bruce Smith signed c/o the Hall of Fame. I tried him years ago with the Redskins and never got anything.
  • I got Greg Smith back today and he also sent a nice signed letter. Very Pleased with it and I got Walt Wesley from his work in just 20 days. I have seen successes from his home also in Fort Myers taking more than 2 years. I have 49 back so far and 23 outstanding.
    (Fort Myers Police Athletic )
    Walt Wesley
    851 Marsh Ave
    Fort Myers, FL 33905-4213

I also got Bobby Hull c/o Chicago Blackhawks (definitely not a autopen). The summer drought appears to be over.
    What a great autograph day!

A couple of National attendees sent me back things that they were kind enough to take with them:

Bill (lsutigers1973) got me 1983 WS MVP Rick Dempsey on a 1983 World Series baseball. Thanks Bill!

Bobby (bporter) got NBA HOF Calvin Murphy to sign my rookie card. Thanks Bobby!

Also in the mail were rookie cards from SCN signings with:

NFL HOF Jack Youngblood RC

NFL HOF Bruce Matthews RC

Also, another addition to John and my ProSet golf - Jim Gallagher Jr.

And two great additions to my Media Guide sets:

Added Bobby Dandridge to the '78 Bullets and '71 Bucks World Championship guides. I think I'm going to retire the Bullets one. Odds of getting Tom Henderson and Larry Wright are too low. Bucks one is all set for the next time I see Kareem!

WOW Mike ... some great returns there! My TTM returns have slowed to a drip!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Only one new one today but it's a COMPLETED PROJECT (and I never seem to finish these)

Added Mike Haynes to New England Patriots mini helmet. Helmet now contains Mike Haynes, Nick Buoniconti, John Hannah and Andre Tippett. Exciting!

• I was wondering if this is the you used for Selmon and did you send any $, if so how much
    Lee Roy Selmon 3509 Heards Ferry Dr. Tampa, FL 33618 ? Please let me know thanks. Also I was wondering how many 1969's
    you are up to. I have 21 that I am waiting on right now I am stuck on 48. With Only one John Tresvant that I bought.
    I am still looking for addresses on Dick Barnett, Bob Rule, Jim Davis, Chet Walker, and Art Williams. Willie McCarter had a stoke and Leroy Ellis are apparently has cancer and lives in Oregon.