Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mike's TTM items and other autos - Latest New Additions

Comments

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Three this in the mail today...

Addition #14 out of a possible 19 living 1967 Impossible Dream Red Sox - Mr. Gary Waslewski. It's off to Don Osinski next. Then just need Mike Andrews, Jose Tartabull, Norm Sieburn and Jose Santago after that. if anyone knows of those guys signing somewhere, please let me know.

Addition #2 to the 1970-71 ABA Champion Utah Stars Media Guide - Mr. Merv Jackson. It's off to Ron Boone next. Id really like to run into the coach, Bill Sharman, in person again so I wouldn't have to risk it in the mail. He's become frail and unreliable TTM. What a nice guy though!

Finally one more 1971-72 Topps addition - Mr Al Cueto - not Quatto from Total Recall, it's Cueto. QUAIDDDDDDD!!!!!

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Once again Mike, nice additions. Good luck with the remaining players.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Over at Dodger Stadium for Opening Day today I decided to start a '10 Giants team ball since I have two '10 WS balls (and the other is on hold for Edgar Renteria's visit with the Reds)...

Managed to add Matt Cain and Cody Ross. Will probably go a couple more times this weekend to see if I can knock 6-7 guys out total. They're here 9 times this year so we'll see how close I can come to finishing it.

Also added a couple of basketball HOFers on non-RC's. Bill Walton and Nate Archibald (always one of my fav cards) Also added two more ABA players from '71 Topps - Randy Mahaffey and Bob Bedell.

Went to Dodger Stadium the last two nights. Got shut out last night but afternoon games - good times. Added 3 to my 2010 World Series team ball:

MGR: Bruce Bochy
    C: Buster Posey
    OF: Andres Torres

5 out of 25 is pretty good for me. I'll take it so far. They come back for 6 more games this year.

Miguel Tejada wasn't on their WS team last year and I had a ball that Jason Giambi signed for me last season so I put Miguel on it - thus starting a AL MVP ball (why not - I like projects and I'm sure to see Pudge Rodriguez this year)

Also got back some more NBA Cards.

Addition 63/98 to my 1969 Topps set: Bob Love (Chicago area signing). Also got Bob on his 70 and 71 cards - it was $8, why not?
    Also added Lucius Allen on his 70, 71 and 72 cards

Crazy two days of returns. First, the Heisman Program that I sent to Rashan Salaam on May 3, 2010 came back signed. That was a nice surprise.

Added Jerry Koosman to ultra low grade Ryan RC. Will send to Ryan's Foundation. Anyone know the cost offhand?

Added #15/19 possible to 1967 Red Sox team ball - Don Osinski

Added #1/6 possible to new 1957-58 NBA Champion Hawks project. I created the print from a small old newspaper clipping and the miracle of Photoshop & the internet - Charlie Share

Addition #64/98 was a rare eBay purchase (cost $0.49) - Flynn Robinson - GAI authentic sticker on the back. Good placeholder if nothing else.

Also NBA cards from:
    Bobby Dandridge
    Jim Washington
    Don Kojis
    Don May
    Neal Walk

WTG Mike ... some real nice additions!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Those were great looking Basketball Cards. Everything is High gloss actions shots today. Nice stuff and any 1969 Signed Card for $0.49 is a steal even Flynn Robinson. I just bought a Satch Sanders 1969 off Ebay. I Collect Basketball Hall of Famers on Cards and Index Cards. You have some very nice stuff.
    A few new returns today:

Andy Robustelli returned cards from 58/59 that I had

Danny Ainge signed 86 Fleer - SCN signing

GAry Gregor sent back his 70/71 cards

Ron Boone became the 3rd member of the '71 ABA Champion Stars to sign my Media Guide.

WTG Mike ... I saw that '86 Fleer Ainge and I thought "How the hell did you get that TTM?" Then I saw it was a private signing!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

I know I always profess that I don't spend a lot of money on my collection - I don't. For this stuff I saved for 6 months to be able to afford it. It was totally worth it. Can't thank Bill (InitailD) and StagNo33 from SCN enough for helping me knock this stuff out.

ADDED:
    BKB HOFer John Havlicek RC (Altman Show) also #65/98 to 1969 Topps set
    BOB HOFer Dave Cowens RC (Altman Show)
    #66/98 to 1969 Topps set (TTM) - Paul Silas - PASSED THE 2/3 mark!

And now the non card Awesomeness!!!!!!

Added: NBA 50 Greatest Players Lithograph:
    Bill Russell
    Sam Jones
    John Havlicek
    Dave Cowens
    Walt Frazier

Now at 15/45 possible - 1/3 of the way there. It's off to Elvin Hayes/Rick Barry at MAB next.

Added: 1967-68 WORLD CHAMPION Boston Celtics Media Guide:
    John Havlicek HOF
    (only missing Don Nelson and Wayne Embry now)

Added 1968-69 WORLD CHAMPION Boston Celtics Media Guide:
    Bill Russell HOF (Player/Coach)
    John Havlicek HOF
    Sam Jones HOF
    Tom Sanders HOF
    Bailey Howell HOF
    Mal Graham
    Don Chaney
    Em Bryant
    (Only missing Don Nelson now)

Added: 1975-76 WORLD CHAMPION Boston Celtics Media Guide:
    Dave Cowens HOF
    John Havlicek HOF
    (missing Coach Heinsohn, Don Nelson, Paul Silas and Glenn McDonald)

Added: 1956-57 WORLD CHAMPION Boston Celtics Yearbook
    Bill Russell HOF
    (missing Tommy Heinsohn and Dick Hemric now)

I'm really overwhelmed by this stuff!!!!

• How much did Havlicek charge? That 1969 Topps looks almost Mint as well. That is a great autograph day. The lithograph is also pretty nice as well. It is a shame Arizin, Mikan, Wilt, and DeBusschere could no longer sign it like the ones they were asking atleast $20,000 for.
    A few things in the mail today...First THANKS TO ZEP33 for the cards needed to finish 2011 Topps Series 1. Dude wouldn't let me pay either. What a guy!

Added:
    BKB HOFer Isiah Thomas 86 Fleer kind of-RC

Phil Roof to finish my Phil Niekro RC

Scott May started a Bird/May/Sikma that I'll work on finishing at some point

Finally, added signature #5 to my 79-80 Lakers Media Guide - Norm Nixon. Unfortunately Nixon signed right where i would have liked Kareem's auto. Oh well. I guess he'll sign underneath it one of these days.

• love the NBA 50 Greatest Players Litho it's really coming along!
    Added:

BKB HOFer Robert Parish - 1986 Fleer, 1978 Topps
    FB HOFer Gino Marchetti - 1959 Topps

Bob Bonner addition to Ripken Topps RC - now have to add Cal

Hockey HOFer - Johnny Bucyk - signed Bruins puck

Addition #2 to 1958 NBA Champion Hawks 8 X 10 - HOFer Slater Martin

Went over to UCLA/San Diego St baseball game as a thank you to another board member today. While there I got a Tony Gwynn OPC RC done for myself. Wish I had a Donruss too. He was in a great mood.

Also got back (IMHO) future HOFer Sydney Moncrief on a RC and 87 Fleer

Also got #4 on my '71 Utah Stars Media Guide Now just need Willie Wise (can't find him) and coach Bill Sharman. Hope to run into Bill at some point soon in LA.

Mike,

I did a little research to see if I could find Willie Wise for you. I found out that he was active in the church listed below. Maybe you can send a letter or email the church and see if Willie is a member.

The church in Bellevue

Address:
    1835 Bellevue Way NE
    Bellevue, WA 98004-2826

Phone: 425-453-8426
    Email: thechurchinbellevue@gmail.com
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

A few returns...

Luis Tiant RC (signing in MA)

Dave Cowens 72-73 Topps (signing in CT)

And I went to Dodger Stadium for a couple of the Braves game in search of a couple Derek Lowe autos. Struck out but managed a couple Brian McCann autos (what a funny guy. super cool) and Manager Fredi Gonzalez on a Braves team card from 2011 Heritage. If any of you guys are working on signed Heritage sets I might trade them if you really need them.

Mike ... seems like you get to a LOT of games/events. Good for you!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Can't thank Joe (airjoedan) enough for sending me the John Block 69 Topps for my set. Joe's working on a set himself (and is a lot closer than I am to finishing) and sent it over as a really nice gesture.

Now at 67/98

Also added:

FB HOFer Bob Brown RC (CSA Oaks Show) - I saw another MC card that someone else had. Is this just a really tough card to find nicely centered?

1971-72 Topps Bob Arnzen (TTM)

Mike ... nice autos. I have made a few decent sized deals with JOE and each one was smoother than the next.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• I had a John Block 1969 Topps Signed on Ebay for a Reasonable Price a couple months. Sold it However. 67 is a pretty good total out of 98. I got Oscar Robertson for free on a 1969 and it passed PSA.
    What's the story on the Manning RC's that come back TTM? Are they being authenticated? I would hope so since they kept my $20 c/o his Foundation. Also got back what I'm told is a rare '69 Topps TTM - Mr Bill Bridges. Going to send him $20 and another one since the 69 came out so bad. I'll take it though. Now 69/98 on 1969 Topps BKB.

• Jmhockey23Jmhockey23 Posts: 652 ✭✭
    Here's a cool article on Peyton's signing habits: LINK

They have passed both PSA and JSA.
    Only 3 returns this week but it was about 18 cards.
    Added:

BB HOFer Frank Robinson RC (SCN signing)

BKB HOFer Rick Barry - every card he appears on from 71-72 and 72-73 Topps (for my sets) plus 74, 77 and 78 (it was so cheap that I figured why not)

BKB HOFer Adrian Dantley 86 and 87 Fleer cards. (TTM)

Naismith Award winner Ralph Sampson 86 Fleer

Also, because Barry signed a few cards in the wrong color and the wrong place, Heidi sent me a couple extras - super nice of her. So I also added:

BKB HOFer Elvin Hayes 77 Topps
    BKB HOFer Wes Unseld 78 Topps

Over the past couple days I added:

BKB HOFer David Bing RC - also #70/98 on my 69 Basketball set. (eBay)

Cards from Starlin Castro and Jason Bartlett at Dodger stadium in the last two weeks

Added #16 and #17 out of a possible 46 on my NBA 50 Greatest Players lithograph - Rick Barry and Elvin Hayes (off to Jerry Lucas signing next)

Two team photos that I've been doing

HOFer Bobby Wanzer on a 1951 NBA Champion Rochester Royals photo. Off to Arnie Risen next

HOFer Cliff Hagan on a 1958 NBA Champion Hawks photo. Off to Bob Pettit next.

Finally, got Stuart Appleby to sign TTM with a '59' inscription on a ball from The Greenbriar Classic.

Two returns today...

Louis Orr - SCN 50/50 deal.

TTM - HOF Coach Bill Sharman - coach of the 70-71 ABA Champion Utah Stars signed my Media Guide. Calling this one dine unless I can find Willie Wise.

Hodgepodge of new stuff...

FB HOFer Richard Dent RC (finally met up with Jes who picked it up in Vegas)

1979 AL MVP Don Baylor on my AL MVP ball (not really working on it but I've seen three different guys and they all signed it so I'll get more as I see them)

Johnny Green - sent him 4 cards and $10. He signed his 70, 71, 72 and 70 Leaders cards for me. I guess $10 wasn't enough since he signed 3 of them upside down.

Dave Gambee 70 Topps

Jes also got Stuart Scott on this Ginter in Vegas

Finally I got a couple Diamondbacks at the Stadium tonight on '11 Heritage cards - Xavier Nady and Armando Galarraga

Went to Dodger Stadium for Dodgers/Brewers last night.

Added:
    2011 Heritage: Ryan Braun (every one he signed was scribble like this) and Randy Wolf

Also back TTM today:
    Dannis Awtrey (ex-NBAer) 71, 72 and 73 cards. Nice note back.

Good but limited successes at Dodger Stadium the last couple nights. I really wanted to add 2-3 Giants to my 2010 WS Team ball and only managed one. Pat Burrell was all alone with myself and another friend that hangs out at the stadium - he said no. Madison Baumgarner said no and pretty much nobody signed by the bus. As usual, Miguel Tejada was great.

Added:
    2011 Topps Miguel Tejada
    2007 Topps Heritage Tejada

Pablo Sandoval is player #5 (also have Mgr Bochy on the sweet spot) on my WS team ball. Really hoping there's some way to get to 15 by the end of the year - just not sure how.

First, a bit of sad news from "Easy" Ed Macauley's son, Mike. As you can see in the response to my sending a 58 Hawks team photo (I sent with $10 cash which was returned), it looks like Ed has fallen on ill health. Hope he's ok. Always a great responder in the past and a Celtics AND Hawks legends and HOFer. Wish him nothing but the best.

Went out to a local Staples for a James Worthy signing this morning. Big Game James was in a great mood and promoting the NBA Green campaign. He knocked out 3 cards for me. The rookie belongs to DBoneEsq who I had promised to help out awhile ago. I figured while I was there I'd get a couple of set cards for myself if he was in a good mood.

Added HOFer Arnie Risen to my 51 Royals Team photo. Couple of other guys still living. I'll probably put it in the mail 1-2 more times.

• The Royals are going to be nice. That is is sad about Ed Macauley. I got an Upper Deck Generations signed by Him a year ago. He added "Easy" his nickname. Very Nice James Worthy Autographs especially the 1986 Fleer. Great for Free.
    Easy to make fun of Bud Selig sometimes. My take is that he MUST come up with a way to regard the steroid era for the Hall of Fame before he's done as commissioner.

For my purposes, there are no '94 World Series or '02 All Star Game MVPs because there was no Series in '94 and he called a halt to the '02 ASG. Because I wanted to fill the hole in my collections with something for those two years I figured Bud was the best option. So I sent him a '94 WS ball, asking him to sign under the logo. Of course it comes back signed on the sweet spot! C'mon Bud!

I say this with a smirk. I'm not all that irked. I just find it funny that the guy that screwed up the game also screwed up my baseball. HA!!

Also, added '52 AL MVP Bobby Shantz to my Al MVP ball. What a nice signature!

WTG Mike ... Agreed, Shantz has a real nice looking sig!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Nice returns the last couple days...

Billy Keller 3/3
    Glen Combs 3/3
    Ron Boone 3/3
    Paul Silas 2/2
    Ron Franz 1/1
    Jack Marin 3/3 (golf tournament through SCN member)

Went over to Dodger Stadium Friday. Marlins weren't great and only picked up Scott Cousins (of ending Buster Posey's season fame). Dodgers also had a Tornado relief effort over there before the game today. $5 per player you could get one thing signed. Picked up Chad Billingsley, Ted Lilly and Hideki Kuroda. All were cool. Finally, backup catcher Dioner Navarro was signing at an auto parts store close to my house. There were only about 30 people in line and he was there for an hour so he just said he'll sign whatever people brought. Fortunately I go prepared so he knocked out 5 cards for me.

I don't think I'm actually going to try to complete Heritage sets signed. I love projects and have patience to endure the years it would take but it seems like too big an ordeal. That said, I really like the way they look signed so I'll continue to pick them up whenever I can.

70's Basketball
    Added: Jeff Mullins 4/4 w/ donation
    Merv Jackson 2/2

Dodger Stadium Successes:
    Jason Giambi 3/3
    Ubaldo Jiminez

New additions from over the weekend and today...took Mrs Coach (which I've started calling my wife since our recent Friday Night Lights marathon) to Vegas this weekend for her birthday. Had a great time and did pretty well. She got an iPad2 with her winnings. Me? I almost never fall for traps like this, but Dick Butkus was signing at Field of Dreams at the Caesars Palace Forum Shops and I had $100 in cash on me...so I ponied it up for a mini helmet which included a signature and picture with DB. He was really nice and candid. Had some interesting criticism about Ed Sabol getting into the HOF because NFL Films doesn't pay royalties to retired players. Talked to him for about 5 minutes. Seemed sad about what's happened to John Mackey and Ollie Matson and their mental issues later in life. Was, not surprisingly, on the players side in the lockout situation. Also, he was very cool with Mrs Coach which makes him a new favorite of ours. (Pictures below). Say what you will about Field of Dreams and their prices etc but we couldn't have been happier with the experience they provide you when meeting the player. I'd do it again if I had the extra scratch.

Also added

Jerry Lucas on NBA 50 Greatest Litho (Private signing). Now at 18/46 possible

New NBA HOFer Tom "Satch" Sanders on a 1964-65 Celtics Media guide and 3 cards (Private signing)

Joe Ellis on 3 cards (TTM)

Tom Workman on his only NBA card (TTM)

Ryan Spilbourghs on a 2009 Heritage card (Dodger Stadium last week)

That's a nice haul Mike! Congrats!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Meant to post the baseball a few days ago. When the Diamondbacks were in town I got Kirk Gibson to add his signature to my 88 World Series ball that I already had Orel Hersheiser on. Then JeserOne was kind enough to put Jesse Orosco on it for me. 21 guys left to go for the whole championship team.

Also added:

Darel Carrier TTM on 3 cards including finishing my ABA FT Leaders card from 71

Johnny Egan 70 Topps TTM

Juan Urbina 2010 Bowman Chrome Auto (Busted a couple packs when at my local shop)

Nice night over at Dodger Stadium yesterday. Votto and Bruce came out REALLY late. More than an hour after the game. Only 4 of us remained. Bruce was so nice he actually asked if I had anything else I needed him to sign - so I gave him a second card. Votto was very nice too.

ADDED
    Joey Votto 08 Heritage
    Jay Bruce '08 Heritage / '11 Heritage
    Dusty Baker '10 Heritage
    Bronson Arroyo (tough signer!) '09 Heritage
    Mike Leak '11 Heritage (personalized)

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Harmon Killebrew would roll over in his grave if he saw Votto's signature...

That said, very cool meet & sign!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
    I was super into the Bruins this year. I'm from Boston and another friend from The Hub and I sat center ice when they played the Kings in LA. My favorite player quickly became Brad Marchand. He outworked the entire Canucks team in the Finals and I really believe he's a rich man's Wayne Chrebet and a poor man's Jeter. The guy's effort and play is infectious. So I didn't get this one TTM or IP, I bought it off eBay...

Brad Marchand RC Auto

Also added:

Walter Davis 86 Fleer and 79 Topps TTM

Tony Gwynn Jr...3 cards from a local free LA signing Nice guy. 06 Bowman Heritage, 07 Topps Heritage, 08 Topps Heritage

I find it funny that the facsimile auto on the 08 Heritage is his dad's - not his.

Congrats on all the additions Mike ... very well done!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Three things in the mail...

FB HOFer Sam Huff RC (paid signing)

1969 Topps Lou Hudson. (TTM) This is #71/98 for my set.

1971-72 Topps Fred Stanfield. (TTM) This is part of a new project. I'm trying to do a least a full Bruins team set. I didn't want to do OPC because of the cost. I may wind up doing the full set if it's manageable. I figure if I'm sending the leaders cards that feature Bruins out anyway, I may was well send the base cards of the non-Bruins with them. We'll see. Should be fun. So I'll say, this is #1 of 132.

Tigers were in town for interleague play so I hit Dodger Stadium for a couple nights.

Managed these three:
    2011 Heritage Victor Martinez (he grabbed someone's black sharpie and rolled with it. I always go blue sharpie if I can)
    2010 Heritage Ramon Santiago
    2009 Heritage Phil Coke

Angels / Dodgers 10 minutes from my house this weekend - couldn't resist. Went Friday / Saturday.

2011 Topps Heritage:
    Chad Billingsley (thanks to JeserOne for this one)
    Ervin Santana
    Howie Kendrick
    Jordan Walden
    Bobby Abreu

2009 Topps Heritage:
    Jeff Mathis

2003 Topps Heritage / 2001 Bowman Heritage
    Bobby Abreu

Baseballs:
    1981 World Champion Dodgers baseball
    STARTED
    Steve Yeager
    Mike Scioscia
    Derrell Thomas

1988 World Series baseball
    ADDED
    Mike Scioscia

1981 World Series baseball
    Steve Yeager (1981 WS Tri-MVP Inscription) - missed out on Ron Cey cause I had to run unfortunately

Nice additions Mike ... CONGRATS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Nice WS ball project, Vito.

I have a '81 WS ball and was thinking who i would want (single signature) ... Buckner, Garvey, Sutton, Cey, Russell, Scoscia , Lopes ...

then today I watch ESPN Classic episode of 30 for 30 - "Fernandomania" took me back to 1981 when Valenzuela and his rookie cards were hotter than forest fires in the valley !

What a great cinderella story ! 30 for 30 has to be my favorite show.
    New additions today:

FB HOFer Billy Shaw signed RC (was looking for a nice one for awhile)

Johnny Bucyk cards:
    1969-70 Topps (Bruins Cup Year)
    1971-72 Topps (Bruins Cup Year)
    1971-72 Topps Scoring Leaders
    1971-72 Topps Points Leaders

Been sick and laid up in bed the last couple days. I get sick once every 2-3 years and it destroys me for like 4 days...but I'd rather that than be one of those people who is sick once/month.

The following has come in the last couple days:

Thanks to DaddyMC for hitting the White/Dawson signing for me:

FB HOFer Randy White RC

FB HOFer Len Dawson signed mini helmet (I can't afford the rookie). I liked the Dallas Texans throwback and went with it.

TTM Returns:
    '86 Fleer Charles Oakley
    '69-'70 Topps Ed Westfall (I'm on a Bruins kick). Slowly doing a Bruins team set.
    '72-'73, '73-'74 and '78-'79 Topps Darnell Hillman for my sets

Also purchased a Milan Lucic Ultimate Rookie off eBay.