Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mike's TTM items and other autos - Latest New Additions

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Mike ... some nice additions.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Here is the Bill Kratzert's I got back today for our signed 81 Donruss sets.

Mike

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    3 really solid returns today. The first is the Jerry Rice from the cheap SCN signing a couple weeks ago. It has his hologram on the back. The other two were TTMs. Jim Otto FB HOF and Robin Roberts ($10 donation).

WTG MIKE! Keep 'em coming.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Here are the George Burns' I got back today for yours and my 81 Donruss golf set.

Mike

Buying US Presidential autographs
    I was in Boston this weekend for my brother's wedding and stopped the mail for 4 days. Always nice to come home to several days of mail to open...I had three new returns while away:

FB HOF RC - 1952 Bowman small Gino Marchetti (who also included his own postcard)
    FB HOF RC - 1956 Topps Lenny Moore

Also added a new 57 Basketball signed - Gene Shue (this was gone for months)

And while I was home I finally found a card that I'd been looking for at my grandmother's house for the last few visits. I traded a kid down the street for this about a year before Reggie died. I'm so relieved that I found it...

• That's cool Marchetti gave you one of the Ron Mix postcards. (Mix had them made for the football HOF'er who split all the proceeds evenly. He did it to help the less well off players).

I interviewed Marchetti about 10 years ago.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
    Few new returns over the last couple days...

Football HOF RC Elvin Bethea

Football 2009 HOF Finalist RC Floyd Little

Former US Am Winner Bob Murphy

Couple new ones today - 1 BB HOF RC and one FB HOF RC...

Mr Stan Jones and Mr Ralph Kiner

Well you can't win them all - Tom Weiskopf returned TheNavarro and my 81 Donruss cards signed - on the back! What the heck is that about? You HAVE to know that's a jerk move when you do it.

On the bright side, a new successful FB HOFer - Joe Perry and another 81 Donruss - Phil Hanc-ck.

Did you pay for the Weiskopf?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• I don't think it's a huge jerk move when guys sign on the back. Some players are superstitious about signing across their face or don't think it comes up clear on the front. Did you get the Kiner TTM or via mail order because I wrote to him and got mine sent back RTS.
  • Nice autos. I am new to this, but was wondering if Peyton Manning does TTM. My wife is a huge UT fan and I would love to surprise her with something like that. This topic has probably been covered, so sorry for not finding it.

<< <i>Nice autos. I am new to this, but was wondering if Peyton Manning does TTM. My wife is a huge UT fan and I would love to surprise her with something like that. This topic has probably been covered, so sorry for not finding it. >>

To answer the three above questions...

1 - Kiner was at a show run by Jack Berke in New York a couple weeks ago

2 - No, I didn't pay for Weiskopf. He has always been a willing TTM signer. He's signed two golf balls for me TTM in the past - very nicely right above the logos in fact.

3 - I would doubt Peyton Manning signs TTM, but hey, crazier things have happened.
    Couple of successes today - both HBA Hall of Famers...

1948 Bowman Arnie Risen

1961 Fleer Wayne Embry (every Embrey card is an uncorrected error - he spells his name Embry).

• Within the last 6 weeks I returned to collecting TTM's! I started with the 58 Topps baseball set I am working on. Hope you enjoy these scans...

• those are all awesome!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
    Mike and Earl,

GREAT scans. Keep 'em coming! Earl, good luck with that set! I lust finished putting 30 TTMs together for the '69 FB set ... will be mailing them on Monday morning!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

No need to update this thread every time this comes back. I figure every two is about right. I'm actively working on 3 multi items now...a 72 Boston Bruins program, a 71 Milwaukee Bucks program and this - my US Amateur champions golf flag.

Added:
    Sam Randolph (1985)
    Arnold Palmer (1954)

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Lots of nice stuff.

Naragon lives in barberton, Ohio right?

I sent him one a while back and he included a nice hand written letter telling me that it was nice to be remembered.
    Couple additions today...

Hall of Famer Dwight Stephenson

and future (how is he not in now?) Jerry Kramer

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    nice! I think jerry would be in except for he wrote some book that some writers I guess didn't like... and there are already a lot of those Packers in.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Did you get the Stephenson TTM?

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    That Kramer is awesome! Does he charge TTM?
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    WTG MIKE ... nice additions.

For you FB TTMers out there: My TTM to PETE BANASZAK came back "RTS". I used 612 W Surf Spray Lane, Ponte Verde Beach, FL 32082-2785.
    Does anyone have a better addy? THANKS.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That Kramer is awesome! Does he charge TTM? >>

That is a nice auto! Jerry Kramer charges $20 per auto.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>Did you get the Stephenson TTM?

Greg M. >>

Yes Greg, I sent $10 to his foundation with the card.
    Couple fun returns today...

HOFer Alan Page RC

and a nice hockey puck signed by Hocked HOFer Fern Flaman. I'm looking for a 51 Parkhurst to sent him. He signs for $5.

Added 4 new cards today -

BKB HOF RC - Bob Pettit (surprised this came back) image
    FB HOF RC - Dave Wilcox
    Future HOF baseball manager RC - Whitey Herzog

Also, my wife works on a TV show and they had surfing legend Laird Hamilton on as a guest this week. So she got this for me...

I'm not a surfer, but i loved the movie Step Into Liquid, so I was pretty excited by this. Apparently he was a great guy and signed a bunch of stuff for anyone in the crew that wanted something.

And finally, added 1976 Champion Bill Sander to my US Amateur Champion Multi-Flag. Now I'll keep it with me through January when the PGA Tour swings through here. I'll add O'Meara, Mayfair, Mickelson, Leonard, Stadler and hopefully a few of the newer ones. I may have the wife take a shot at Tiger Woods with it - we'll see image . There are currently 23 living guys that I'm missing. I think I can get that to about 10 by May of 2010. Exciting!

New one today!

FB HOF RC Yale Lary

• love the neat sig on the Fern Flamen puck. Old time hockey !
    Added 3 new ones in today's mail...

Baseball HOFer - Gary Carter
    Football HOFer - Ted Hendricks
    1 Naismith NCAA Player of the Year - Danny Ferry

Also, got back a rejection from BB HOFer Billy Wiliams...returned my $10 and the card.. image

• Did you have to pay for Page?

<< <i>Did you have to pay for Page? >>

$10. PM me if you need the address.
    Couple new additions today - one baseball HOFer and one FB HOFer

Whitey Ford - 51 Berk Ross...I was looking for a 51 Bowman but for a PSA 1 level one, people are throwing out like $60. I picked up this one for less than half that, and it's a rookie card just the same. That said...if anyone has a 51 Bowman for trade, LMK image

and Hugh McElhenny - 52 Bowman Small.

good mail day
    WTG Mike ... two nice additions.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Added a couple today...

Baseball HOFer Carl Yastrzemski RC (60 Topps) - thanks to InitialD for getting this singed at a show last weekend
    Football HOFer Bob St Clair RC (55 Bowman)

2 New ones today.

Hockey HOFer Fern Flaman 1951 Parkhurst RC

Football HOFer Paul Krause (the all time leader in INT's) 1965 Philly RC

Paul also sent his own postcard back with my card.

Big thank you to GregM for getting these signed for me at the Sun Times show this past weekend.

Added

FB HOFer - Fred Biletnikoff

(future HOF?) Punter - Ray Guy RC

BB HOFer Steve Carlton

Added three new ones today...

1981 golf set (one for me, one for Mike Navarro) - DA Weibring

FB HOFer James Lofton RC - also sent one of his own cards

FB HOFer Joe Delaimelleure RC - also sent 2 of his own

nice guys

WTG Mike ... keep 'em coming.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• We had Lofton in for a signing at our store a few years back. Very nice guy.
    Three new ones today. 2 were from show signings that fellow board members helped me out at:

FB HOFer Deacon Jones RC - signed in Wichita - special thanks to Mark (MeteoriteGuy) for helping!!!

BB HOFer Orlando Cepeda - signed at the Sun Times Show - special thanks to Guy (BooPotts) for helping!!!

81 Donruss golf - Charles Coody - one for me and one for Mike Navarro. Thankfully we're both named Mike!

Four new additions today...

FB HOFer Mean Joe Greene RC

3 more for Mike Navarro's and my 81 Donruss golf quest

Danny Edwards
    George Cadle
    J.C. Snead

good mail day...

Added some new golf things today from the Chevron World Challenge. Sparsely attended due to the sudden lack of Tiger Woods. Everyone was in a pretty good mood to sign though...

Added two new signatures to my ongoing Us Amateur golf flag...

Justin Leonard (lower right of embroidery)
    Mark O'Meara (lower left corner of flag)

Saw Stewart Cink, and got this - 2009 British Open logo ball. Chatted with him for a minute about hockey and Twitter:

Anthony Kim - may win a major someday. Figured I better get one of these before he starts refusing to sign balls:

Y.E. Yang - 2009 PGA Championship logo ball - The Tiger vanquisher was a really nice guy but didn't speak much English:

Martin Kaymer - young German dude that hits it a mile. I had him sign a Masters logo ball for the heck of it. Maybe Langer teaches him how to play Augusta!

All in all, not a bad day. Lack of star power without Tiger, Phil, Vijay, Ernie or Retief. But I never mind chatting up pro golfers. Probably the nicest guys of all pro sports.
    Good for you Mike ... sounds like you had a nice time ... how far from the course do you live?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Good fr you Mike ... sounds like you had a nice time ... how far from the course do you live? >>

Well I always go with a buddy and we make a point to be there by 7:30am. So I get past the 405/101 interchange from Burbank before the mass chaos hits. It's about a 40 minute drive.

I usually go to this one and:

Buick Invitational (Jan) - Torrey Pines- San Diego - 2 hours
    Los Angeles Open (Feb) Riviera - 30 mins
    Toshina Senior Classic - Newport CC - Newport - 1 hour
    AT&T Senior Classic - Valencia CC - Valencia - 25 mins

occasionally I'll drive to the Bob Hope Classic in Palm Springs if Mickelson is there and I need 2-3 signatures in a year from him (if he were to have won a major the year before)

once I drove to Pebble Beach (6 hours) for a tournament. that one isn't happening again. I did the drive back and forth same day. left at 1:30 am. Got back at 11pm. LOOOONG day.
    Added a program that I've been working on - 1972 Bruins Program (last B's Stanley Cup championship)

Got it back from Johnny Bucyk today. Started with Fred Stanfield about 5 weeks ago.

Also got two cards back

Hockey HOFer Red Kelly RC
    Football HOFer Roger Wehrli RC

• Looks like # 15 Jim Neilson and Gilles Villemure in Goal for the Rangers. That's Gary Doak # 3 hiding behind Jim.

Nice program to get signed.
    Couple new ones over the last few days...

Football HOFer Andy Robustelli RC

NBA Player Tim Hardaway

81 Donruss Golf - Jerry Pate Stat Leader for Mr Navarro and I