Options

Mike's TTM items and other autos - Latest New Additions

Comments

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, forgot to add nice sigs, sir.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Couple of more today. No Pro HOFers, but a College FB HOFer and a College BKB POY.

Mr. Donn Moomaw and Mr. Scott May

• Options
    Added a couple more today - both 57 Basketball

First - HOFer and Celtics legend Bill sharman who wrote me a really nice note saying that he's rooted for the Lakers since he went to work for them in the early 70's - even when they play the Celts (but he roots for the C's when they play everyone else).

Second - Charlie Share - a member of the 58 Hawks Championship team. He wrote a nice note saying the early days of NBA Travel and expansion/contraction/relocation was interesting, hard and rewarding. A really nice guy it seems...

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>First - HOFer and Celtics legend Bill sharman who wrote me a really nice note saying that he's rooted for the Lakers since he went to work for them in the early 70's - even when they play the Celts (but he roots for the C's when they play everyone else). >>

Blasphemy!!
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Nice additions, the Sharman is sweet!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WOW! Nice autos! Congrats! Keep it up!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Yet another two today.

First, NBA HOF Finalist as a coach and Celtics retired # - Mr. Don Nelson

second, 1957 Topps Addition - Mr. Kenny Sears.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!

Don Nelson's been around forever!

You've made a great contribution to the board with your TTM's Mike - great progress - congratulations.

These threads are fun to look at.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    I find it funny and cool that Donn Moomaw wrote in the second N in his first name on the card. Does this now make that card go from an UER to a CER??
  • Options
    mj23kg21mj23kg21 Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Always looking to buy old Minnesota Twins and Vikings memorabilia like Nodders, Photo Pennants, and Photo Buttons.
  • Options
    mj23kg21mj23kg21 Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Great Autographs! Cool thread!
    Always looking to buy old Minnesota Twins and Vikings memorabilia like Nodders, Photo Pennants, and Photo Buttons.
  • Options
    Well the pride and joy of my collection has come home in the mail today. I had been looking for Jodie Mudd for 3 years for my collection...

This flag is now signed by every winner of The PLAYERS Championship except the most recent winner - Sergio Garcia. It was out in the mail after a post office screw-up for about 4 weeks. It was very nerve wracking,

I also needed Jodie on my Tour Championship Flag...now it's only missing Woods, Watson and Gallagher Jr. It'll be going in the mail to Gallagher next week

And to top it off, three new 1957 basketball cards came back. image Good day

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Wow Mike, that flag is awesome. Glad it came back okay. I don't think I would have the nerve to send that out. Congrats
  • Options
    WOW MIKE ... real nice responses you just got back. As others have said, I don't think I would have the BALLS to send the flag TTM! GOOD LUCK!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    A couple of nice returns today...

Football HOF RC - Ozzie Newsome

Basketball HOF RC and 2nd card - Bailey Howell

All of them came out very nice I think.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice mail day Mike. image
  • Options
    Couple more today...running out of stuff to put in the mail. I cracked a couple of midgrade Beckett slabs for these. Anyone that has fun stuff to mail that I can trade you for (50's/60's basketball commons or some fun baseball/football - would love to trade).

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Great job Mike!!!!!! Your collection of autos is incredible! Keep up the great work and thanks very much for sharing with us.

Hope everything is going well with you.

brian
  • Options
    Wow, Don Nelson looks pretty much the same today...plus some gray hair and wrinkles, of course.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    During my 2 years at Mississippi State, I had the opportunity to meet Bailey Howell.

I was at an MSU preseason game, and sat down next to a rather tall gentleman to watch the game. I noticed he had a big honking championship ring on his finger, so I struck up a conversation. Turned it, out was Bailey Howell, the best MSU player ever. He was however old in 1996, I was 19, but he seemed genuinely interested in me, and why I was so interested in a preseason hoops game, etc.

Nicest guy in the world, talked to me the entire game.

One day, I'll tell the story of when my pasty, 5-7 arse played basketball against Erick Dampier.

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    NICE AUTOS! Keep up the good work!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I didn't think this thread would be so basketball-centric. I just don't have nice EX Baseball HOFers or the fees that they require LOL. Hopefully some football stuff will come in over the next few weeks. Actually, I need to put out an APB on My 76-77 Blazers program. I sent to Maurice Lucas w/ 3 autos already on it in Feb. I hear he's undergoing cancer treatment now which I'm very sorry to hear. If anyone in the Portland area hears an update on his health, please let me know. I'm concerned about my program, but have to be more concerned with the gentleman's health.

Anyway, three basketball additions today. Full disclosure is I paid Elvin Hayes $15 to sign that card. I wasn't going to when I got it rejected the first time but I had $15 exactly in my wallet and I took it as a sign LOL.

Mr Elvin Hayes - Basketball HOF
    Mr. Bob Houbregs - Basketball HOF
    Mr. Dan Issel - Basketball HOF
  • Options
    Mike,

Three nice autos you just got! Dan Issel ... what a great player he was back in the old ABA. As a kid I lived very close to where the then New YORK Nets used to play and I went to a lot of games. Of the opposing players, Issel was always one of my favorites and Kentucky had some AWESOME teams ... little Louie Dampier at guard could shoot 3s from ANYWHERE ... Artis Gilmore in the middle was AWESOME ... and Issel was good from all over. (I guess I'm dating myself ... LOL)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Slower week this week - probably a good thing as I realized i should just bump this once a week. I just don't have enough returns to bump more often. Here are this week's returns. I was toying with the idea of doing a Naismith Award winner's signed set. Obviously there are some impossible ones there - like Maravich. Jordan, Bird and Jabbar are doable, just not right now financially...but I mailed a few out and they started to come back...

Christian Laettner and Marcus Camby were both surprisingly quick (the Camby doesn't look bubbled like that in person)

and Mr George Savitsky. I think the Bill Dudley is the only living 55 TAA that I don't have now and it's on the way hopefully.

• Options
    Sweet autos- i just signed up on scn the other day.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    sers
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    Not a ton of action this week. Three returns. One that was sent at least two months ago - Andre Dawson. Bob Boozer and Lucius Allen were both sent sometime over the last two weeks. Hopefully next week brings a bunch of returns image

• Options
    Well over the past few days I had five returns so I thought I'd post early this week...

1955 Topps All American Bill Dudley
    1969 Topps Basketball Gary Gregor
    1957 Topps Basketball Cliff Hagan
    1957 Topps Basketball Slater Martin (i was worried that card was too nice to mail - he didn't ruin it)
    1957 Topps Basketball Bob Leonard

• Options

<< <i>Not a ton of action this week. Three returns. One that was sent at least two months ago - Andre Dawson. Bob Boozer and Lucius Allen were both sent sometime over the last two weeks. Hopefully next week brings a bunch of returns >>

Mike ... I just got my Andre Dawson back yesterday ... I was lucky, as he was pretty quick with mine. Mailed it from Long Island on April 29, 2009 and received it back 13 days later. Did you use the 101st street addy?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well, five more returns today...

Brett Hull (looks almost TOO good to me, can anyone confirm an autopen?)
    Joe Dumars - very nice 86 Fleer (and yes, that hair is from my head...too blonde to be from anywhere else LOL)
    Connie Dierking 69 Topps BKB
    Bob Kauffman 69 Topps BKB
    Austin Carr 1972 Topps RC

• Options
    dpucciodpuccio Posts: 117
    I don't think that it is autopen. I got two back from Hull today, both looking different. Here is a scan of one that looks different than yours.

• Options
    Thanks for the word on that Hull!! Makes me smile.

So, here's what has come back this week.

Two for the 69 Basketball set - Joe Ellis and Jim Fox

One Celtics Legend (Retired #10) - Jo Jo White - I was extremely happy to see this show up

One Football HOFer - Lem Barney.

• Options
    WTG MIKE! ENJOY THOSE CARDS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice white can you send me his address? does he charge?

great cards
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Couple new returns yesterday

FB HOFer Joe Schmidt signed rookie

The first real star for the Patriots - Babe Parilli signed rookie

• Options
    Well, I got a nice surprise today - after a three month wait I received my Blazers Media Guide back from Maurice Lucas!!! I was very happy to see it. Also, a return from Tom Meschery today. Additions to both 61F and 69T sets.

Looks like he signed in pen, then went over it w/ marker. Kind of ugly unfortunately - but a nice return from a seemingly good guy nonetheless.
  • Options
    Great stuff Mike, quite the collection you've got going!
  • Options
    Couple of nice returns over the last few days. Steve Young fans, please confirm that this is legit. I waited for it for about 2 months. Also, Frank Ramsey was kind enough to sign his 2 1961 Fleer cards for me. His 57 Topps rookie is too expensive for me at the moment. Also added HOF RC of Jack Twyman - 1957 Topps and one of his 61 Fleer cards.

I'm now:

16/80 on 1957 Topps

7/66 on 1961 Fleer

12/98 possible on 1969 Topps

Anyone that had low-mid grade commons, LET'S TRADE!!! image

• Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    neat, these cards are just great! i will get back to you on that 57 i need soon!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Once again Mike, AWESOME returns!

Funny, I also received back my Steve Young today! I sent it out on April 1, 2009.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well, here are the returns from the two weeks that I was away for my wedding. I had hoped for a return from Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Lionel Hollins, but I guess I'll keep waiting for those!

All are basketball oddly.

I'm now:

19/80 on 1957 Topps

10/66 on 1961 Fleer

14/98 possible on 1969 Topps
  • Options
    WTG MIKE!

Congrats on the autos ... OH, and on your new wife! LOL May you have much health and happiness together!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Well, I got a pleasant surprise. My neighbor had taken in some of my mail while I was away and he brought these by. I got really lucky. When I mailed the Blazers program to Lionel Hollins he also (without prompting) had his assistant Johnny Davis (also a Blazer from that year) sign it for me. What a great 2 for 1!!!! I think I should try to add Bill Walton now. Anyone have a good address for him? After that I'll do Larry Steele and then I think I should retire this to a frame.

My neighbor also had two smaller envelopes that contained the Jim Rice and Loy Peterson.
  • Options
    Was Rice a private signing or did you get him for free?
    Mike
  • Options
    Not free. I sent him $10 for the Jimmy Fund through a standard TTM address (PM if you need it). I just figured I'd take a shot. I wrote a really nice letter (I'm from Boston and he was playing when I was growing up).
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Mike, that Blazers media guide is so sweet! Very cool that you got the 2-for-1 with Hollins & Davis. After you get Walton, you might as well get four other players who saw quite a bit of action that year:

Tom Owens (played 82 games in '77-78, 832 points, couldn't find info on where he is now)
    T.R. Dunn (played 63 games, 237 points, assistant coach with the Rockets)
    Corky Calhoun (played 79 games, 416 points, works for Exxon Mobil now?)
    Lloyd Neal (played 61 games, 671 points, Blazers retired his jersey in '79, works for the IRS in Portland)

• Options
    dpucciodpuccio Posts: 117
    I'll have to give Rice a try with a donation. Sending PM

I have well over 100 certified Rice autos (I'm a Rice collector) but none from TTM and I really want one on a Rookie card.
  • Options
    Had a few nice returns this week. My favorite was this really nice return from Raymond Berry. He signed my RC and also included this card of his and a postcard (not scanned). Also, Patriots legend Gino Cappelletti returned his 62 Fleer RC for me. He's still broadcasting the Pats games.

Next we have two cards from the 1969 Topps set - Mr Don Kojis and Mr Dick Snyder. Very nice signatures. Also, Naismith Award winner Johnny Dawkins, personalized.

And finally, a Naismith Award winner who never had a NBA Topps card so I sent this sportscaster card. Mr. Butch Lee.

I'm now:
    19/80 on 1957 Topps
    10/66 on 1961 Fleer
    19/98 possible on 1969 Topps
    10/38 Naismith Award Winner RC's
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Nice stuff as always Mike!
  • Options
    A couple of nice returns today...2 HOFers.

Mr Chuck Bednarik signed his 1956 and 1957 Topps cards. I can't afford a 48 or 49 Leaf to send him, but these are nice. Also Mr. Lenny Wilkens, basketball HOFer signed his 61 Fleer rookie and his 1969 Topps card. I'm quite happy.