Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Unopened Rips - Jordan RC review bump

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Amazing pull on that Jordan. I have always hesitated on buying loose packs from an opened box. Too much opportunity for shenanigans, but you sir are winning against the odds.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 491 ✭✭

THANK YOU for this incredible thread. So fun to follow.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

That's awesome, Robb. I remember reading about the pack ripping at that National, but didn't recall you had pulled one. Congratulations!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, Robb! That is the bump equivalent of the gambler making it all back on a single race, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

@1980scollector said:
    Fergie, Fergie, Fergie, you have always been a ghost that haunted me. This card has haunted me for almost five years now.

That exact day BBCE had 20 packs with one MJ I painfully learned later. You bought four packs and took them to your hotel room is what they told me. So 16 remained. Mike(RIP) and myself bought a pair of packs at a time until all 16 were gone. I will never forget how empty I felt after blasting through 16 packs at that price to come up empty.

The next day Reed told me you pulled it in your four packs. I can remember when you got it graded and it was a 9. It was a half happy and half sick feeling.

So that exact card is pretty cool even to the runner up.

Congrats, Fergie!

I remember that day like it was yesterday Nathan. The kicker was seeing Reed's face as he was sure one of you would hit the Jordan until you ended up ripping all the packs and he realized that Fergie must have gotten it in one of his packs.

Fergie, BIG congrats on the Jordan bump. That is one beautiful card.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.