Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Unopened Rips - Jordan RC review bump

Comments

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭
    Had a fellow CU member send in the Jordan RC from the last BBCE rip. Happy with the result.

MINT 9 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN
    Total Items: 1
    Date Received: 12/28/2012
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats ....
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had a fellow CU member send in the Jordan RC from the last BBCE rip. Happy with the result.

MINT 9 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN
    Total Items: 1
    Date Received: 12/28/2012 >>

Nice - pic?
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
    Do not have the Jordan RC in hand yet but will provide a pic when I do.

Four boxes of 2012 Topps Chrome football purchased from Blowout cards local card store in VA for $120 per box. I am thinking about collecting all of the Luck autos from this product except the 1/1 and #/5. We will see.

One box of 2005/06 SP Auth hockey purchased from BBCE for $140. I need a Crosby auto RC in PSA 9 for my PC but no such luck with this box.

One box of 1991 Topps Stadium Club football purchased from BBCE for $75.

• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Russell Wilson pull. I am not really a big fan of redemption cards. I have not had much luck getting the actual card offered.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
    PSA 9 Playoff Contenders Drew Brees auto purchased on ebay for $1075 a couple months ago. Part of my to-be HOF RC collection.

• Thanks for sharing, you have some nice cards there.

• << <i>PSA 9 Playoff Contenders Drew Brees auto purchased on ebay for $1075 a couple months ago. Part of my to-be HOF RC collection.

image >>

THAT is a FineNine indeed!

it's on my shortlist.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭

<< <i>Do not have the Jordan RC in hand yet but will provide a pic when I do.

Four boxes of 2012 Topps Chrome football purchased from Blowout cards local card store in VA for $120 per box. I am thinking about collecting all of the Luck autos from this product except the 1/1 and #/5. We will see.

image >>

Oh my....that Steve Young is a $300 card. And the Wilson.....droool......You pulled those from four boxes?? Wow, you did real good. Don't forget you also get a blue wave pack for every redemption from Topps Chrome.
    PSA 9 Playoff Contenders Aaron Rodgers auto purchased on ebay for $1050. Part of my to-be HOF RC collection.

PSA 9 Donruss Elite Aspirations Tom Brady RC purchased on ebay for $585. Part of my Brady RC collection.

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    Great looking Brady.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Brady rookie. I might have to find me one of those !
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

• << <i>PSA 9 Playoff Contenders Aaron Rodgers auto purchased on ebay for $1050. Part of my to-be HOF RC collection.

image >>

Robb, may i ask why you went with this card for Rogers? as opposed to his SPA or Exquisite?
    I think the Rodgers SPA and Exquisite cards are patch autos which seem to end up in the giant PSA holders which I do not like. I have Playoff Contenders auto RCs for Moss, Ward, Warner, Bailey, Brady, Tomlinson, Brees, Fitzgerald and a handful of others. I figured I would keep up with that trend however I like to collect the most valuable RC (not including the 1/1 or very limited print runs) for each player I think will make the HOF. This is starting to come up against the giant PSA holder issue as more and more of those most valuable RCs are patch auto cards. Not 100% sure what I will do going forward. I may very well end up buying an Exquisite Rodgers in PSA 9 at some point if I start buying more cards in the larger PSA holders.

Robb
  • Great reasoning. i hear you on the wax pack sized slabs. The one thing that i cannot stand (and this is me personally) is sticker autos, especially when there are on-card options of equal or greater "value".
  • TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    I am also dreading having to have to my Big Ben , and Eli Manning jersey RCs in those monsterous slabs.....Thats why I haven't graded them yet....but at some point, I'm going to have to for the registry. UGH!
  • DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    PM sent to Robb
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
    One set of 2000 Topps traded purchased on eBay for $92. The cellophane was ripped and I decided to open the set instead of squirreling it away for a rainy day. Am looking for a PSA 9 Cabrera signed RC to add to my future HOF RCs collection. Pulled the Cabrera but it probably will grade out as an 8. Very happy with the rip. I have been slowly amassing a quantity of unopened. With the crazy prices for unopened I have definitely stopped opening as much. I've been buying more 90s & 00s unopened but most everything I want to pull is a chase card (auto-ed, numbered or limited RC) so rips are typically exceedingly disappointing. At least with the 70s & 80s stuff you have a good chance of pulling the big rookie and are just hoping for it to be in the right condition. The 90s & up you are hard pressed to pull what you are looking for and even if you get lucky you still have to worry about condition.

Robb
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Fergie - have you ever ripped 2005 UD Heroes tins? I'm still looking for a few Will Clark cards from that set and I've considered buying tins or a case in the crazy hope to hit one. I'd love to hear what you think about the issue.

Here's a link to my page showing my 2005 Will Clark UD Heroes collection.
  • Wow, the odds were against you in the Traded set. Very nice hit!
    A box of 2012 SP Auth football I bought from my LCS this afternoon (also bought a couple boxes of 2014 Heritage) for $110. Great box pulled the Wilson RC auto patch #/885 and one of the redemptions is for an RG III auto patch RC # to 435 and the other is for a gold Corby Glenn auto numbered to 15. I will redeem the RG III and update this post whenever it shows up. The two redemptions are nearly illegible, not sure what is wrong with the ink they used but they came out of the pack that way.

Robb
  • You have the best luck out of anyone I have ever seen. Keep that hot hand, amazing collection too.
  • PorkinsPorkins Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    Wow, sweet box!

Thanks for sharing!
    One pack of 1998 Fleer SI Greats of the Game football purchased as part of the group rip from BBCE for $31.67.
    Plan to open a box of 2014 heritage this weekend will post results when I do.

Robb
    Two wax packs of 1975 Topps Minis purchased from BBCE for $67 per pack. No gradable cards from these packs.

Robb
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>A box of 2012 SP Auth football I bought from my LCS this afternoon (also bought a couple boxes of 2014 Heritage) for $110. Great box pulled the Wilson RC auto patch #/885 and one of the redemptions is for an RG III auto patch RC # to 435 and the other is for a gold Corby Glenn auto numbered to 15. I will redeem the RG III and update this post whenever it shows up. The two redemptions are nearly illegible, not sure what is wrong with the ink they used but they came out of the pack that way. >>

Great to see this thread getting some love again. The ripping chronicled in this thread is nothing short of epic! Awesome pull with the Wilson. I know SP Authentic, and Upper Deck as a whole, aren't what they once were, but I've found these boxes to be a fun rip with some great looking cards from that excellent rookie crop.

Snorto~
    A hobby box of 2014 Topps Heritage purchased from my LCS for $75. No auto but still a fun overall rip. Have another box I will rip at some point.
    The Sabathia is numbered to 999, the Phillips to 565.

Robb
    2007 Playoff Contenders football box purchased from BBCE for $79. Looking for a Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson in PSA 9 but no dice. Have opened a couple of these boxes but never pulled anything I was interested in. Do have a BGS 9.5 Peterson that I will have someone crack and submit for me (I stopped subbing directly to PSA after they tore a 2000 Tom Brady Playoff Contenders auto that I sent them). Missed out on a PSA 9 Johnson on ebay that sold for ~$250 a while back.
    Don't like my new scanner much but the old one gave up the ghost.

Robb
    RG III redemption from my 2012 SP Auth football box rip.

Robb
    Two 1981 Topps baseball rack packs purchased at the Chantilly card show for $10 per rack. Nothing too exciting but a few HOFers.

Robb
    Two 1983 Topps football grocery rack packs purchased at the Chantilly card show for $12 per rack.

Robb
    One 2014 Topps Heritage hobby box purchased at the Chantilly card show for $67.
    Didn't expect to get two relics or all the variations (2 action and one logo). Not shown Ortiz #999, Beltran #565 and Cain #565.
    Pretty happy with the box, have 3 others I picked up from the show to open plus one leftover from previous purchase from my LCS.

Robb
    One 4 card pack of 1977 Topps Mexican football purchased from BBCE for $75.

Robb
    One 2014 Topps Heritage hobby box purchased from the Chantilly card show for $67. Second box was not as good as the first.

Robb
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Robb ... as always, thanks for sharing. Have any old packs hidden in the vault that you are waiting to RIP?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best threads on this forum. Great stuff, Robb!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Robb ... as always, thanks for sharing. Have any old packs hidden in the vault that you are waiting to RIP? >>

Doug, I've been trying my hardest to buy them up before Robb can get at them.

Thanks for sharing the rips!!! Looking forward to seeing what you get your hands on from the National. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • PorkinsPorkins Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the best threads on this forum. Great stuff, Robb! >>

+1
    I wish there was a vault. It is crazy how much unopened prices have gone up in just the last 2 years. I can't compete with all the new folks in the unopened game or rather I choose not to compete. For the most part the unopened that is available just isn't all that tempting and when the stuff I like shows up it goes for way more than I think it is worth to rip. So mostly nonsense modern for me now hoping for a crazy good pull and adding to my PSA 9 HOF RCs and Brady RC collection.

Robb
    Three 1975 Topps mini packs (2 from ML @ $71 per and one from BBCE for $75). Centering was not good and no star power unfortunately. Only 4 cards worth scanning.

A hobby box of 2014 Topps Heritage purchased from my LCS for $75.

A vending box of 1983 Topps baseball purchased from the Chantilly card show for $40. Fun rip nothing gradable though, have bought vending from this dealer many times with no issues.

One box of 2013 Topps Archives football purchased from my LCS for $55. Fun rip, redeemed the Mystery Player auto will be interesting to see who it turns out to be.

One hobby box of 2014 Topps Heritage purchased from the Chantilly card show for $67.

One hobby box of 2014 Topps heritage purchased from the Chantilly card show for $67. First Heritage auto this year. Done purchasing these boxes as there is no return what so ever per box. I have one box remaining from earlier purchases that I will rip at some point.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the mini Lahoud, Robb! Alexander looks sharp, too!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    One hobby box of 2014 Topps heritage purchased from Chantilly card show for $67.