Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Unopened Rips - Jordan RC review bump

Comments

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    That was actually a really good box. Many boxes my customers opened were shorted autographs/jerseys, so you dodged that bullet, the autograph was of a name player, and you got a Newton jersey.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked this up on eBay for $4544. Not the best 9 I have ever seen but still a nice card.

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    May not be the best but it is still a PSA 9 Gretzky OPC Rookie and that to me is AWESOME!!

Great card.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    That card looks alot better then my 1979T Gretzky 9. I think I'm going to have to get a better one for my collection and dump the one I have. Would rather pull one then drop the full coin on one though.

Mike
    Working my way to #1 1979 Topps Hockey
    I know it's going to be tough!
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Fergie, thanks for sharing. I don't do hockey but love the Gretzky rookie card.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    Four packs of 1975 Topps minis purchased in a CU Forum rip for $180. Cards had typical centering for that issue.

• Options
    One box of 2000 Leaf Certified football purchased from BBCE for $120. Was hoping to pull a Brady RC to add to my collection but didn't happen.

Two Brady RCs from my PC for this set. The 4 star on the right is actually a die-cut and needs to be sent to PSA for re-labeling some day.

• Options
    A box of 2001 Donruss Studio purchased from BBCE for $126. Was hoping to pull some sort of Pujuls RC but it wasn't to be.

• Options
    A box of 2009 UD Signature Stars purchased from my local card shop for $70. Set has a signed Bryce Harper RC but I wasn't fortunate enough to pull one.

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    The late 90's-2000's Studio sets were some of the best looking sets ever done. Sometimes, a little heavy on the shiny foil, but as far as design they were tough to beat.

Don't really see cards like that these days.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    One box of 2010-11 Playoff Contenders hockey purchased from local card shop for $80. No big hits but was fun to open.

• Options
    One box of 2001 Topps Reserve baseball purchased from BBCE for $125.

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Robb, were the 2001 Studio Base Cards "stuck" together?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Been a while mostly focusing on my Brady RC collection these days but busted some wax recently.

Three boxes of 2012 Heritage purchased at the Chantilly VA show for $57 per box. I can't remember the last time I pulled a Heritage auto so I was very happy to get a red ink even if it is a nobody.

• Options
    Two packs of 1977 Topps football from a BBCE as part of a CU forum rip for $25 per pack. No HOF RCs and nothing worth submitting.

• Options
    Two packs of 1981 Topps football from BBCE as part of a recent CU forum group rip for $11 per pack. I made sure to leave all the good cards for the other folks receiving packs image

• Options
    One box of 2011 Playoff Contenders purchased from my local card shop for $129.99. The Dalton is the no Riddell logo version.

• Options
    One 1976 Topps football cello purchased from BBCE as part of a CU forum rip for $78.75. No cards worth subbing.

• Options
    One 1980 Topps baseball vending box purchased at the Chantilly VA card show for $75. The Rickey is OC with a bum corner but still fun to pull one.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad for $75. Even if it was searched, it's probably worth that just for the entertainment factor.
  • Options
    Three packs of 4 card 1977 Topps football Mexican purchased at the Chantilly VA show for $50 per pack. I like the 4 card packs over the 2 card packs because there is no gum. Condition was terrible, as was expected, but sadly didn't hit any of the big cards. Very hard to find these 4 card packs. Some day I will pull a Largent from one image

• Options
    Love seeing the rips. The Rickey in a 5 still brings half your money back give or take.

Great to some rips!!!

Would love to see some of your Brady stuff too!!

Also if you are looking for certain rookies, let me know.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    The vending box was definitely not searched. The seller is someone I have done business with for a long time and I know what to look for when opening vending (having purchased more than one searched vending box over the years). It definitely was cheaper than I had expected.

One box of 2001 Topps Heritage purchased on eBay for $239.99. Still no ink, some day it will happen.

• Options
    Two packs of 1971 Topps hockey purchased from BBCE as part of a CU forum rip for $131 per pack. No big hits but fun packs to open. Most cards had a little bit of wear so nothing really worth submitting.

• Options
    One box of 2000 Ultra football purchased from BBCE for $76.50. Need a Brady regular, Brady platinum medallion, Brady autographics and Brady autographics gold in PSA 9 for my Brady RC collection. Sadly didn't pull any Brady cards but did get a nice Kurt Warner auto.

• Options
    One box of 2000 Leaf Rookies & Stars purchased from BBCE for $99.00. Looking for a Brady RC but didn't happen.

• Options
    Two 1984 Topps football rack packs from a CU forum rip purchased from BBCE for $67.50. Always happy to pull a star HOF RC, the T/B centering makes the Elway an 8 at best.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. ALWAYS enjoy seeing your RIPS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for sharing. ALWAYS enjoy seeing your RIPS! >>

+1

Very nice!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the Warner!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Just got back from the 2012 National in Baltimore (about an hour from my house) and managed to find some unopened.

First up 2 packs of 1975 Topps Mini purchased for $40 per pack from Let's Play Ball. The Ryan is definitely the nicest I've pulled but the tilt and upper right corner keep this as an 8-9. One of the packs had terrible centering, literally zero decently centered cards and the other had pretty good centering. The Ryan came from the well centered pack.

Edited to add grades:
    NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1975 TOPPS MINI 500 NOLAN RYAN
    Total Items: 4
    Date Received: 8/21/2012

• Options
    Ferg ... we KNOW you had to buy a LOT MORE than that! LOLO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    One pack of 1986-87 Fleer basketball purchased from BBCE at the National for $350. None of the cards look to be worth grading.

• Options
    Would have loved to have met you. You bought your packs and then Mike and I busted 14 packs combined(7 each).
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Would have loved to have met you. You bought your packs and then Mike and I busted 14 packs combined(7 each). >>

Wait a minute..Mike opened a pack?? A pack that was previously unopened? LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Another Mike, LOL.

CPA MIKE did bust a case of 1975 Racks though. He pulled some sweet stuff.
  • Options

<< <i>Another Mike, LOL.
    CPA MIKE did bust a case of 1975 Racks though. He pulled some sweet stuff. >>

NO WAY! A CASE?????????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Another Mike, LOL.

Mike opening a 75 rack is amazing enough, LOL!

Edit to add: Was the case of 75 racks at another table other than BBCE? I didn't see one in the pics at Steve's booth.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    One box of 2008 Goudey purchased at the 2012 National for $40. Sadly no autograph so no chance to pull the Tiger Woods auto.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Another Mike, LOL.

Edit to add: Was the case of 75 racks at another table other than BBCE? I didn't see one in the pics at Steve's booth. >>

LOL, you know I am kidding about CPA MIKE.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Another Mike, LOL.

Edit to add: Was the case of 75 racks at another table other than BBCE? I didn't see one in the pics at Steve's booth. >>

LOL, you know I am kidding about CPA MIKE. >>

LOL, I figured that, but Mike may have an alter ego, too!

Fergie, sweet Ryan pull! Centering is within parameters for Mint 9!

• Options
    One pack of 1986-87 Fleer basketball purchased from BBCE at the National for $350. The Wilkins and Spud look good. Several of these cards are 9s.

Edited to add grades:
    NEAR MINT 7 1986 FLEER 121 DOMINIQUE WILKINS

• Options
    One pack of 1986-87 Fleer basketball purchased from BBCE at the National for $350. Hit a nice Jordan RC looks like an 8-9 and thankfully is not factory short like the last one. I think this is the 8th Jordan RC I've hit on this rip thread, crazy good luck ripping 86-87 Fleer basketball for me. I pulled 2 Jordan RCs from BBCE packs at the Baltimore National in 2010 and now one from BBCE packs at the Baltimore National in 2012.. Hopefully it is coming back some time soon.

I'm done for the night but do have a couple more packs including a 71-72 OPC 2nd series hockey pack (always wanted to rip one of those), a couple 75 OPC hockey packs, a 2003 heritage box and a couple 1991 Stadium Club boxes for this weekend.

Edited to add grades:
    MINT 9 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN

Edited to add grades:
    MINT 9 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Yahtzee!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Congrats on MJ. I was pretty sure a centered one was going to pop. It looks pretty good and has a shot at a 9 IMHO.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got the 2 packs with the Ws and Js. Glad you got the jordan!
  • Options
    Glad to see you hit the Jordan. Thanks for sharing.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Sweet! Congrats!

• Options
    Robb, I met you and didn't even know it! lol
    I was the guy that said one of those three 75 mini packs was not a mini pack

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle