Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

HOF FOOTBALL RC AUTOGRAPH SHOWCASE/DISCUSSION

Comments

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the market for a Berwanger if you're looking to move one.
  • spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    Did any of you '55 collectors get this Kimbrough on ebay a month ago? I was kind of pissed my saved search missed it. I've been looking for a Kimbrough for a while.

ebay Kimbrough

• nevets209nevets209 Posts: 71 ✭✭

<< <i>Did any of you '55 collectors get this Kimbrough on ebay a month ago? I was kind of pissed my saved search missed it. I've been looking for a Kimbrough for a while.

ebay Kimbrough

image >>

No! My saved search settings missed this as well, I would have bid like 5X the amount it sold for. I don't have him.
  • nevets209, I bought a Blanchard 1955 from you last year. Did you ever sell that Bruiser Kinard ? Ever see a 1955 Vic Hanson . Been looking for 1 for years .

<< <i>No! My saved search settings missed this as well, I would have bid like 5X the amount it sold for. I don't have him. >>

Maybe best we missed it. I would have paid way more than what it closed for too...haha.
  • nevets209nevets209 Posts: 71 ✭✭

<< <i>nevets209, I bought a Blanchard 1955 from you last year. Did you ever sell that Bruiser Kinard ? Ever see a 1955 Vic Hanson . Been looking for 1 for years . >>

Kinard is gone. As I said before i have heard of a Vic Hanson, but never seen it or another.
  • Thank you, there are guys that died in the late 90's and early 2000's that I haven't even seen . John Kimborough died in 2006 and I don't see many of him . Vic Hanson died in 1982 . I'm a Syracuse fan and a Huge Collector of Basketball Hall of Fame autographs. I've never seen a Hanson .
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought I would post an update on my 1955 Topps All-American PSA and PSA/DNA sets.

image >>

Nice cards!
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>Did any of you '55 collectors get this Kimbrough on ebay a month ago? I was kind of pissed my saved search missed it. I've been looking for a Kimbrough for a while.

ebay Kimbrough

image >>

I wonder how the seller listed the item? The card didn't appear in any of my searches which makes me wonder what category the card was listed in.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Wow, there's been a lot of activity on the Registry lately -- I'm really enjoying looking at everyone's additions.

Is the card below the one we're going to use for Bill Polian? It's the first card of him that I have seen, so I took a chance and got one signed ttm c/o ESPN. It seems to correspond with the choices that were made in the past for Ed Sabol, Dan Rooney, et al.

It's pretty glossy, so if you're sending one ttm be sure to prep it with baby powder or a magic eraser.

Also, do we have a plan for which card to use for Tony Dungy? Will PSA let us choose the 1979 Topps Steelers TL card even though Beckett doesn't consider it a RC? (Beckett shows his RC as the 2003 Contenders, which has a sticker auto on it, and I know that we have said in the past that we wanted to avoid that.) If he gets elected he should get a HOF induction card like Polian, Sabol, etc., so I guess that could be an option also.

• << <i>

ebay Kimbrough

image >>

I wonder how the seller listed the item? The card didn't appear in any of my searches which makes me wonder what category the card was listed in.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

• This was in the football card category on Ebay and not the autograph card category. I stumbled upon it by accident and had it won at $55. I completely forgot about it and lost it for $56--still kicking myself.
    I have a couple of these--one that is a good autograph and slabbed, and one I sent him in the early 2000s when he was in a nursing home. That one is a bad signature understandably. These don't come around often.

Sorry for the double post
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 304 ✭✭
    That should be the Polian RC since it is the first card mass produced. I got one back signed by him last week.

<< <i>That should be the Polian RC since it is the first card mass produced. I got one back signed by him last week. >>

I agree with you!

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Wow, there's been a lot of activity on the Registry lately -- I'm really enjoying looking at everyone's additions.

Is the card below the one we're going to use for Bill Polian? It's the first card of him that I have seen, so I took a chance and got one signed ttm c/o ESPN. It seems to correspond with the choices that were made in the past for Ed Sabol, Dan Rooney, et al.

It's pretty glossy, so if you're sending one ttm be sure to prep it with baby powder or a magic eraser.

Also, do we have a plan for which card to use for Tony Dungy? Will PSA let us choose the 1979 Topps Steelers TL card even though Beckett doesn't consider it a RC? (Beckett shows his RC as the 2003 Contenders, which has a sticker auto on it, and I know that we have said in the past that we wanted to avoid that.) If he gets elected he should get a HOF induction card like Polian, Sabol, etc., so I guess that could be an option also. >>

For Tony Dungy, my vote is for the 1979 Steelers team leaders card. Beckett doesn't necessarily control what we choose to be the card to be included in our set.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Have any of you guys bought from autographset.net before? They have a promo code for July for 50% off orders of $50 or more (JULY2015). They used to have a Steve Owen I wanted...too bad the code wasn't around back then.

<< <i>Have any of you guys bought from autographset.net before? They have a promo code for July for 50% off orders of $50 or more (JULY2015). They used to have a Steve Owen I wanted...too bad the code wasn't around back then. >>

I've never heard of this site before. Any idea where they get their autographed cards from?

Greg M.

References:
    Below is a link to my post where I've listed a handful of cards for sale. Thanks,

Linky

Greg M.

References:
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Have any of you guys bought from autographset.net before? They have a promo code for July for 50% off orders of $50 or more (JULY2015). They used to have a Steve Owen I wanted...too bad the code wasn't around back then. >>

I've never heard of this site before. Any idea where they get their autographed cards from?

Greg M. >>

I'm pretty sure this our is old buddy CJ. A number of us have had bad experiences in past here and they are documented throughout these message boards. I would proceed with caution especially on a huge card like a 52 Bowman Owen autograph.

This is in the "about us" section:

We are UK based but deal primarily in US

Hope all is well with everyone! It's great to see so much activity lately with this set!
    Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    Thanks Reese. The website is registered to one Craig John out of Cumbernauld, UK
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    PM sent
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

Like Reese said, they used to be called ukredskins on e-bay. I've bought from them on e-bay as well as their current website. Some of their stuff is good and some of their stuff is suspect. The Jim Taylor that I submitted for the recent red flip sub came from them and was slabbed as authentic.
    I've got some HOF rookie cards for sale if anyone is interested, thanks, Tim

HOF Rookies
  • HuggyFace--PM sent
    A big thanks to Clark Higgs for informing me that this beauty was on E-Bay. It is the nicest Canadeo autograph that I've seen!! I now have 19 of the 59 cards in the set.

Greg M.

References:

References:
    I have the following auto'd rookie cards available if anyone is interested:

1948 Bowman Van Buren
    1950 Bowman Lou Groza
    1951 Bowman Tom Landry
    1952 Bowman Small Christiansen
    1952 Bowman Small McElhenny
    1952 Bowman Small Donovan
    1956 Topps Bill George
    1957 Topps Dick Lane
    1959 Topps Jim Parker
    1963 Topps Ray Nitschke
    1963 Topps Larry Wilson
    1981 Topps Art Monk

Feel free to either PM or e-mail me at montooth13 at yahoo

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    PM sent Greg
    PM back at ya....

Greg M.

References:
    Sold the Groza, Christiansen, Van Buren and George. Only have the following left:

1951 Bowman Tom Landry
    1952 Bowman Small Art Donovan
    1952 Bowman Small Hugh McElhenny
    1957 Topps Dick Night Train Lane
    1959 Topps Bobby Mitchell
    1959 Topps Jim Parker
    1963 Topps Ray Nitschke
    1963 Topps Larry Wilson

Thanks,

Greg M.

References:
    Sold the Donovan and added Art Monk:

1951 Bowman Tom Landry
    1952 Bowman Small McElhenny
    1957 Topps Dick Lane
    1959 Topps Jim Parker
    1959 Topps Bobby Mitchell
    1963 Topps Ray Nitschke
    1963 Topps Larry Wilson
    1981 Topps Art Monk

Feel free to either PM or e-mail me at montooth13 at yahoo

Rgs,

References:
  • I got that same Bill Polian back today . I'm not doing many SASES any more
    Hi,

I wanted to share several recent pickups for my various sets:

First up is a beautiful signed Exhibit Canadeo - thanks to Clark Higgs for the heads up:

Bought these at the National:

Finally, I had these signed at the National - all turned out great!

Thanks for looking!

Greg M.

References:
  • Wow Greg, those are some really great additions! I'm finding it impossible to choose one or two favorites. Thanks for sharing.
    Stupid to say Greg, but the Manziel is my favorite!
    I like the Manziel too. He did a signing in town recently and had no problem selling the tickets out.
  • That is a terrific Ace Parker . Nice Randy Gradishars . Gradishar belongs in the Hall of Fame .
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Thanks for sharing. I love the inscription - plus the card quality is incredible for that particular set.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Great pick ups Greg. I noticed the 2 48 Bowman cards. Are you going to start pursuing that set for autographs?
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion

<< <i>Great pick ups Greg. I noticed the 2 48 Bowman cards. Are you going to start pursuing that set for autographs? >>

Frank,

I've been collecting the 1948 Bowman set for the past 5 years - am currently 53/108 = 49.07% complete. I still need some toughies include Bruce Smith and Bob Waterfield but have several other toughies including Pihos, Luckman and Baugh. According to the dealer that I bought the Banta from (Phil Marks), it (i.e. signed Banta 48 Bowman) is nearly impossible to find. The card that I bought was signed back in 1948/1949 - but apparently Banta left the NFL in the early 50's for Hollywood. After a couple of years, he disappeared and died in the last 70's. It's funny how obscure players, like Banta, can be the toughest to find for set collectors.

Have a good night buddy - we need to catch up soon.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Stupid to say Greg, but the Manziel is my favorite! >>

Ha-I totally agree. I keep saying that I bought it only for my Heisman rc set - but it's pretty sweet.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Below are the cards that I have left from my recent purchase and prices (which include shipping). I have some flexibility in my pricing and I will apply a discount for multiple cards purchased. I will post a scan of the Ace Parker later today or tomorrow.

1951 Bowman Tom Landry 800
    1952 Bowman Small Hugh McElhenny 80
    1955 Topps AA Ace Parker 150 (vintage ballpoint)
    1959 Topps Bobby Mitchell 70
    1959 Topps Jim Parker 90
    1963 Topps Ray Nitschke 350
    1963 Topps Larry Wilson 125

Link to Photobucket

Please let me know if you have any questions - thanks!

Greg M.

References:
    I just traded for this beauty - thanks Clark for the great trade!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    The Landry has been sold and I have adjusted the prices for the remaining cards. Please let me know if there is anything that you're interested in...thx.

1951 Bowman Tom Landry Sold
    1952 Bowman Small Hugh McElhenny 75
    1955 Topps AA Ace Parker 140 (vintage ballpoint)
    1959 Topps Bobby Mitchell 65
    1959 Topps Jim Parker 80
    1963 Topps Ray Nitschke 325
    1963 Topps Larry Wilson 115

Link to Photobucket

Greg M.

References:
    Did anyone see that Stabler and Stanfel were nominated as the senior finalists? The list was released last week but I didn't see the story until yesterday. Thankfully I have signed rc of both already (have duplicates of Stanfel). It's too bad that they both passed away within the past couple of months. What a shame that both will miss their induction ceremony if they are elected.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    This may be the first time in awhile the senior guys get shut out. Stanfel has failed twice and Stabler once. I can't imagine why death would help their HOF causes.

<< <i>This may be the first time in awhile the senior guys get shut out. Stanfel has failed twice and Stabler once. I can't imagine why death would help their HOF causes. >>

There are plenty of worthy players out there - so I'm not sure why they cycle through players who have previously been nominated but not elected. Of the two, I think that Stabler has the best chance of enshrinement.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • I see that Eddie DeBartolo Jr. has been chosen to be this year's Contributor Nominee. The only item listed in the Beckett database for him is a card in the 5x8 1988 49ers Smokey the Bear set. Do you guys think that should be considered his rookie, or should we wait for something more mainstream/widely distributed?

I also wanted to share my two newest additions, both from ebay and just back from PSA. I was really happy to acquire the Buchanan, as it seems to be especially tough to find.

• Great additions!