Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HOF FOOTBALL RC AUTOGRAPH SHOWCASE/DISCUSSION

Comments

• Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Yes! I am very happy we traded! Thanks again! Now I need to find the Bowman Small to go along with it.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    With the additions to the HOF set this year, we need to add these candidates to our set and determine which card to use for each one.

Les Richter-1952 Bowman
    Deion Sanders-1989 Score
    Richard Dent-1985 Topps
    Shannon Sharpe-1990 Action Packed
    Chris Hanburger-1967 Philadelphia

Ed Sabol-Possibly wait for 2011 Topps Induction card or Goal Line Art Card????

Marshall Faulk-This is were it gets a little tricky in my opinion. Marshall has a ton of RC cards. These would be my top 2 contenders:
    1994 SP Authentic (I think this is consider his best rc card, but with all the foil it may be tough to get a nice signature)
    1994 SP Authentic Sign of the Times- A certified autograph from his rc year, should be considered
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    I made one new addition this week. I'm not sure why but this card has eluded me for a really long time. Hirsch was a great signer TTM for many years, but for whatever reason I haven't been able to find a nice signed RC. With this addition, I only need Jim Finks to have all the 1950 Bowman RCs in the HOF set!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With the additions to the HOF set this year, we need to add these candidates to our set and determine which card to use for each one.

Les Richter-1952 Bowman
    Deion Sanders-1989 Score
    Richard Dent-1985 Topps

Ed Sabol-Possibly wait for 2011 Topps Induction card or Goal Line Art Card????

Marshall Faulk-This is were it gets a little tricky in my opinion. Marshall has a ton of RC cards. These would be my top 2 contenders:
    1994 SP Authentic (I think this is consider his best rc card, but with all the foil it may be tough to get a nice signature)
    1994 SP Authentic Sign of the Times- A certified autograph from his rc year, should be considered >>

Reese,

You're spot on with Richter, Sanders, Dent and Hanburger. With Sharpe, did you mean the Action Packed Update set? I believe that's the card that will be used in the HOF rc set. As for Faulk, I would prefer to follow the HOF rc set and add the 1994 SP Authentic card. Believe it or not, autographs look great on the SP foil cards. Rick Meier recently signed his 1993 SP foil rc card and the signature looks great. I'm more concerned about the Action Packed cards. I do have a Seau signed Action Packed rookie card, but I'm not crazy about having an uneven surfaced card signed.

As for Sabol, I think we've agreed that we'll use the first card that is made of him - likely a Topps HOF card - assuming one is made.

Do you want to request the additions to the set or should I?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>I made one new addition this week. I'm not sure why but this card has eluded me for a really long time. Hirsch was a great signer TTM for many years, but for whatever reason I haven't been able to find a nice signed RC. With this addition, I only need Jim Finks to have all the 1950 Bowman RCs in the HOF set!

image >>

Reese,

Great addition - that is a very strong signature - and you know my affinity for ballpoint signed vintage cards. Congrats! Did you buy that via a private sale or was it an E-Bay purchase?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I have four new additions that I would like to share with the boards. The first two were E-Bay purchases while the second two were obtained TTM.

I bought this Bob Lilly off E-Bay for $75, and it was obtained TTM during the early 80's:

I bought the Gary Zimmerman rc off E-Bay for ~ $10. He hasn't signed TTM consistently over the past several years and he doesn't appear at many shows.

I bought the Rozier rc raw off E-Bay and it turned out great:

The Dobler was signed by a board member for me at a signing last weekend:

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg,

My only problem with following the HOF RC thread is that eventually we will get to the point when the "best" rc is going to be a certified auto card. I know they won't wont use short prints or autographs in their set unless something has changed. I know there are probably a dozen others, but the first one that comes to my head is Peyton Manning. I know they plan on using SP Authentic card, but wouldn't we opt to use Playoff Contenders autograph RC which I'm pretty sure is considered his "best" RC. He also has RCs in Topps and Bowman that are autographed. I know we both knew that eventually this day was going to come, but I think we need to figure out how we move forward when it comes to determining which card to use.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Nice additions! I think you really got a steal on both the Lilly and Zimmerman. Congrats!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Today I added the very first athlete I ever met. I was 14 and talked my Dad into driving me 6hrs to the National in Cleveland OH. I worked all summer mowing yards and doing odd jobs to have money to take to the show. I paid $30 which was one of the most expensive autograph prices at the show. I've been blessed to have had the opportunity to meet many great athletes in all sports over the years, but this ranks up there as one of my fondest memories. Truely a great player and was extremely friendly to everyone that came to see him. Scans coming next week image
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Today I added the very first athlete I ever met. I was 14 and talked my Dad into driving me 6hrs to the National in Cleveland OH. I worked all summer mowing yards and doing odd jobs to have money to take to the show. I paid $30 which was one of the most expensive autograph prices at the show. I've been blessed to have had the opportunity to meet many great athletes in all sports over the years, but this ranks up there as one of my fondest memories. Truely a great player and was extremely friendly to everyone that came to see him. Scans coming next week image >>

Reese,

You just love to torture us...I can't wait to see what you've added.

Rgs,

Geg M.

References:
  • Options
    I'm on a roll lately - I just added two more today. The Dan Fouts was TTM and the Andre Tippett was an E-Bay purchase for $58 dlvd. Last month, I sent Dan Fouts 21 cards and a donation of $210 plus 10 cards for him to keep. Today I received all 21 cards signed (including the rc) plus he added 8 additional cards! Great return, plus I completed my run of signed Dan Fouts Topps cards. The Tippett has been for sale on E-Bay and I've been negotiating w/ teh seller for nearly 2 months. We finally agreed on $58 dlvd and I couldn't be happier. Not counting the class of 2011, I'm down to 23 signed rc of living HOFers....

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Greg,

My only problem with following the HOF RC thread is that eventually we will get to the point when the "best" rc is going to be a certified auto card. I know they won't wont use short prints or autographs in their set unless something has changed. I know there are probably a dozen others, but the first one that comes to my head is Peyton Manning. I know they plan on using SP Authentic card, but wouldn't we opt to use Playoff Contenders autograph RC which I'm pretty sure is considered his "best" RC. He also has RCs in Topps and Bowman that are autographed. I know we both knew that eventually this day was going to come, but I think we need to figure out how we move forward when it comes to determining which card to use. >>

Reese,

I'm not necessarily opposed to your suggestion. Personally, I would rather add the best signed rc of the player than to exclude a card because it is a certified autograph. What does everyone else think?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am not a huge fan of certified auto's. I like the idea of having the player sign a card that was not distributed pre-signed in packs. Even thought the Manning Contender is signed on the card there will be HOF'ers where their most valuable card is a sticker auto, which I personaly hate. My vote is for the 98 SP Manning.
  • Options
    $10 for Zimmerman's Rookie signed is a great deal and it's not Personalized. I have his rookie Personalized. You don't see too much Zimmerman signed cards on Ebay and the goes with Randall McDaniel, who has not signed since going in to the Hall.
  • Options
    For the modern debate, I was thinking if you could do it maybe any signed rookie could work, but then people could just get the cheaper cards available with higher prints to fill the set. I also like the idea of keeping it non certified autos as well, but it's hard for me to stick to that because some of these guys have cards that sell for 100s-1000s of dollars and the non certified would be much less valuable. I think you pretty much gotta do the certified autos even though it takes away from the fun that this set is in the hunt.
  • Options
    I have never seen the 1998 SP Authentic Manning Signed and Slabbed. That would be fantastic and would certainly look great next to the 1998 Contenders Certified.
  • Options

<< <i>For the modern debate, I was thinking if you could do it maybe any signed rookie could work, but then people could just get the cheaper cards available with higher prints to fill the set. I also like the idea of keeping it non certified autos as well, but it's hard for me to stick to that because some of these guys have cards that sell for 100s-1000s of dollars and the non certified would be much less valuable. I think you pretty much gotta do the certified autos even though it takes away from the fun that this set is in the hunt. >>

This is the option Greg and I discussed when we started the set and hopefully one we can implement. This debate came up with us regarding a few players in the 1948 Bowman/1948 Leaf set. I personally am not very fond of the 48 Leafs RCs for guys like Luckman, Baugh, McAfee, Turner, and Van Buren. I'd much rather have the Bowmans. I think we both liked the option of having the choice to add whichever card we wanted, but if I remember correctly PSA nixed that idea. Maybe we could push and get that done because it's really going to be hard for us to agree on a specific RC for these modern players.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For the modern debate, I was thinking if you could do it maybe any signed rookie could work, but then people could just get the cheaper cards available with higher prints to fill the set. I also like the idea of keeping it non certified autos as well, but it's hard for me to stick to that because some of these guys have cards that sell for 100s-1000s of dollars and the non certified would be much less valuable. I think you pretty much gotta do the certified autos even though it takes away from the fun that this set is in the hunt. >>

This is the option Greg and I discussed when we started the set and hopefully one we can implement. This debate came up with us regarding a few players in the 1948 Bowman/1948 Leaf set. I personally am not very fond of the 48 Leafs RCs for guys like Luckman, Baugh, McAfee, Turner, and Van Buren. I'd much rather have the Bowmans. I think we both liked the option of having the choice to add whichever card we wanted, but if I remember correctly PSA nixed that idea. Maybe we could push and get that done because it's really going to be hard for us to agree on a specific RC for these modern players. >>

Yeah, this talk got me thinking about the non-autoed set. How are they going to move into the certified auto era? The rookie card of 9/10 future hall of famers in perfect condition cost like $5 or less....Anyway, while we're talking about what should and shouldn't be in, I noticed that a couple of the guys have earlier cards. Bud Grant has a CFL card from the 50s and Shula has a coach card from 1964.

Grant

Shula

I think it's either all autoed rookies or if we narrow it down to one we would need to start voting on some of the cards out there just to know in advance. Maybe if we could get a future HOF auto RC set going and add to that as the buffer so that the HOF set there isn't debate the year of induction. I know they have the Modern Future HOF set, but maybe ours would want to deviate from that if we decided to start going into some of the certified autos...

• Options

<< <i>Greg,

My only problem with following the HOF RC thread is that eventually we will get to the point when the "best" rc is going to be a certified auto card. I know they won't wont use short prints or autographs in their set unless something has changed. I know there are probably a dozen others, but the first one that comes to my head is Peyton Manning. I know they plan on using SP Authentic card, but wouldn't we opt to use Playoff Contenders autograph RC which I'm pretty sure is considered his "best" RC. He also has RCs in Topps and Bowman that are autographed. I know we both knew that eventually this day was going to come, but I think we need to figure out how we move forward when it comes to determining which card to use. >>

I was just thinking... what will happen if, and when, the best/most expensive rc is a certified 1/1?
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I don't participate in the "Registry", so my 2 cents is probably only worth 1/2 cent, but I don't think that manufacturer issued signed rookie cards should "count" for signed rookie card registries. Although I don't participate in the registry, I do collect HOF signed rookie cards. To me, part of the allure, lies in getting something "above and beyond" what was issued in the packs, factory sets, etc. In other words, that issued card, has had something else done to it (IE, autographed), and it didn't leave that way from the factory. So no matter what you do, you can't just simply buy the packs and get one, no matter how many packs you buy. You have to be industrious to chase the sig, or at least someone was, at some point, to get it signed. Whether or not the pack issued certified version sells for more or less than the in person, industrious version, is irrelevant in my opinion.

I don't think you should have pack/factory issued autographed cards as part of the football HOF rookie card registry you are discussing, when there are non-autographed pack/factory issued cards of the same year available. To do so basically mixes the apples and oranges.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    +1... That is exactly what I was thinking.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't know it's just tough with all the certified autos out there now. Economically, I think certified autos would be the best choice for future value of the cards. A non-certified auto is far less sought after than a certified one, in-turn far less valuable. I also think that if we went the certified auto route I think it could influence more people to start collecting this set. People who collect the modern autod rookies and like the idea of being in the set registry who wouldn't normally think of starting to collect the vintage autos might start do to the attractiveness of the set. This creates a greater demand for the vintage autos and increases the value of our cards. This set could become more attractive than the current HOF RC set because who is going to continue to collect non autoed PSA 10s that cost $10? Unless of course they start collecting the certified autos....I guess that's part of my thinking when considering the certified autos. However, I agree with the argument that the enjoyment of this set is in the chase.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Pure and simple, the hand signed/non certified auto is the only way to go, and the reason lies in all of those evil certified sticker "autographed" cards. The allure to me in this set is that PLAYER A actually held the card to sign it or signed it with his own pen. Too many factory issued autographed cards these days have those stupid stickers. The player never came in contact with the card. That takes away a lot of the appeal in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess the more I think about it, the reason why I like collecting auto rookies is the hunt. I think it should stay with non-certified autos. I think we should stay with this list as far as futures go. Maybe even trying to get an autoed version...

link

These are what should be added based on the list linked above and I spose we wait and see about a HOF card for Sabol...

Les Richter-1952 Bowman
    Deion Sanders-1989 Score
    Richard Dent-1985 Topps
    Marshall Faulk-1994 SP Authentic

• Options
    Personally, I think that we stay with non-certified autographs. Therefore, we should use the rookie card used in the HOF / Future HOF rc set (highest value non-certified card) as our guide. Several people offered very valid concerns about what if the best auto'd rc is a 1/1 or sticker auto. I personally won't collect any sticker autographs which is the risk we run post 2000.

Thoughts?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>I have never seen the 1998 SP Authentic Manning Signed and Slabbed. That would be fantastic and would certainly look great next to the 1998 Contenders Certified. >>

I've seen a couple, however it's a very expensive endeavour considering the card is worth $750+ and it would cost you $200 to get is signed. That's a lot of money to invest into one signed rc. Then again, a signed Tom Brady 2000 SP rc would cost even more.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I'd like to keep with the non-certified cards as well - for many of the same reasons noted by others above. Like Greg, I have strong negative feelings about sticker autos. I also like the idea that the athlete has held the card and hand signed it, and I also really like the chase aspect of this set and others like it. As someone who does have a signed 98 SP Manning I may be biased, but I'd also prefer to keep the sets consistent as the player progresses. In other words, I'm very strongly in favour of simply using the same card that is used for any future HOF set (or any other defining set, such as All-Time QBs, etc.). I think there are a number of us who actively search for the cards of future HOFers, and I'd hate to go through that particular chase only to have the card used for the HOF set(s) changed once the player reaches Canton. This is especially painful as we get more and more "modern" players enshrined, since in order to get some of these players we'll have to pay the current signing fees in the show circuit ($400-500 for Tom Brady for example). Just one person's opinion here of course...
  • Options
    I don't collect this set, but follow this thread religiously. What I find amusing is the mis-conception about modern autograph cards. I read many of the posts and it seems every thinks that all modern cards are sticker signed. Not true. Although there are many sticker signed cards, there is also an equal amount of hand-signed auto cards. Another point, many of the hi end RC cards are already signed/and or have some kind of patch attached. This issue will become more prevalent from 2001 and on.
    What I have noticed is that set members have been very pro-active in selecting the right card for their set.
    For example, there was a contoversy a few years ago regarding Ladanian Tomlinson and the All-Time rushers set. At the time LT was added to the set, the dilema was which card to use. It was decided that no RC numbered less than 1000, and no auto or patch RC. So instead of using the more popular SP Authentic RC, we used the Topps Chrome. The topps Chrome card was his most valuable Rc that met the criteria of all the set builders.
    That's probably the solution for you HOF Auto Rc guys. Decide on the best non-autograph, non-numbered RC and use that as your criteria.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Would anyone be opposed to seeing if we could open up the set to use any card as long as it meets the criteria of being that players rookie year? I know I'd personally probably not participate in the registry if I had to follow the future HOF RC set. I'd much rather invest in the manufacter certified autographs for the Mannings and Bradys. This way everyone could collect the set the way they want and still participate in the registry.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't participate in the "Registry", so my 2 cents is probably only worth 1/2 cent, but I don't think that manufacturer issued signed rookie cards should "count" for signed rookie card registries. Although I don't participate in the registry, I do collect HOF signed rookie cards. To me, part of the allure, lies in getting something "above and beyond" what was issued in the packs, factory sets, etc. In other words, that issued card, has had something else done to it (IE, autographed), and it didn't leave that way from the factory. So no matter what you do, you can't just simply buy the packs and get one, no matter how many packs you buy. You have to be industrious to chase the sig, or at least someone was, at some point, to get it signed. Whether or not the pack issued certified version sells for more or less than the in person, industrious version, is irrelevant in my opinion.

I don't think you should have pack/factory issued autographed cards as part of the football HOF rookie card registry you are discussing, when there are non-autographed pack/factory issued cards of the same year available. To do so basically mixes the apples and oranges.

Mike >>

I dont participate much these days but I'll add my .02.
    I think pack certified auto RCs should be included. In my estimation, a pack certified autograph card has a 99.9% chance of being authentic if I buy it from a random ebay dealer. A psa/dna or jsa autographed RC of a post 1990 player has, I would think, a slightly lesser % chance of being authentic. The cards with the higher chance of being authentic, I think, should be able to count in someone's set.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

<< <i>Today I added the very first athlete I ever met. I was 14 and talked my Dad into driving me 6hrs to the National in Cleveland OH. I worked all summer mowing yards and doing odd jobs to have money to take to the show. I paid $30 which was one of the most expensive autograph prices at the show. I've been blessed to have had the opportunity to meet many great athletes in all sports over the years, but this ranks up there as one of my fondest memories. Truely a great player and was extremely friendly to everyone that came to see him. Scans coming next week image >>

Today my new addition showed up! Being a Colts fan the opportunity to meet Mr. Unitas was truely an honor. He signed an 8X10 for me which is still my favorite item that I own. I'm very happy to final add this to my collection and I really think I got a steal on it!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>

Today my new addition showed up! Being a Colts fan the opportunity to meet Mr. Unitas was truely an honor. He signed an 8X10 for me which is still my favorite item that I own. I'm very happy to final add this to my collection and I really think I got a steal on it!

image >>

Reese,

That is an incredible signed Unitas rc - congrats! How much did you pay for it? I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Unitas 10 years ago and he was such a nice person.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I've added a few rookie cards lately - Heisman winner Johnny Rodgers, Future HOFer Charles Haley (who signed 3 rookie cards for me) and 70s/80s great John Jefferson. I have a few more additions that I'm working on, but these are all to report for now. By the way, the Heisman signed rc set is finally live...check it out! I've added around 10 cards and have a bunch more being graded.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    All,

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on which signed rc to use for this set. I personally don't want to open the set to every signed rc of a player - whether certified or non-certified. I personally prefer non-certified autographs, however I can understand the opinion of those who perfer certified auto'd rookie cards. How about this for a compromise - we nominate one non-certified and one certified rc and allow either to be added. For instance, for Peyton Manning, we could nominate both a signed non-certified 1998 SP rc or a signed 1998 certified Playoff Contenders?

Therefore, for those who prefer non-certified autographs, they could stick w/ the rookie card being used for the Future HOF rc (i.e. non-autographed) set and for those who prefer certified autographs - they could nominate the most desirable certified non-parallel rookie card. Thoughts?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>All,

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on which signed rc to use for this set. I personally don't want to open the set to every signed rc of a player - whether certified or non-certified. I personally prefer non-certified autographs, however I can understand the opinion of those who perfer certified auto'd rookie cards. How about this for a compromise - we nominate one non-certified and one certified rc and allow either to be added. For instance, for Peyton Manning, we could nominate both a signed non-certified 1998 SP rc or a signed 1998 certified Playoff Contenders?

Therefore, for those who prefer non-certified autographs, they could stick w/ the rookie card being used for the Future HOF rc (i.e. non-autographed) set and for those who prefer certified autographs - they could nominate the most desirable certified non-parallel rookie card. Thoughts?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg,

I'd be okay with this option. If we do this I'd also like to include the option of using 1948 Bowman cards instead of Leaf and 1961 Topps instead of Fleer like we originally discussed when putting this together.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Reese,

That is an incredible signed Unitas rc - congrats! How much did you pay for it? I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Unitas 10 years ago and he was such a nice person.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

$500 dlvd was the final price. I think I did alright image
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Great pickup Reese - $500 was a steal.

I received back 7 cards yesterday signed by Jim Marshall - for a donation for $10 per card. A beautiful, bold signature of a future HOFer (in my opinion).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    A beautiful, bold signature of a future HOFer (in my opinion).

I agree Greg. It's a shame more of those 70's Vikings aren't considered HOF candidates. The stigma of losing those Superbowls has to be a big factor in why some players don't get consideration. We're seeing the same thing with the Bills teams of the early 90's.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    That is a nice Jim "Wrong Way" Marshall. He should be a Hall of Famer. I think he is one of the most overlooked choices by the Veterans Committee. Johnny Robinson, Al Wistert, Tommy Nobis, Maxie Baughan, and Jerry Kramer are tragically overlooked. I hope Johnny Robinson and Al Wistert get in while they are alive.
  • Options
    Andre Reed and Steve Tasker should be in the Hall of Fame and Corneilus Bennett should be as well. Reed is one of the 10 Greatest Receivers of All Time and Tasker is the great special teams player in NFL History.
  • Options
    Was this the address you used for Haley and does he charge? Please let me know. Thanks.

Charles Haley
    10428 Rosser Cir
    Dallas, TX 75229-5234
  • Options
    I recently picked up 2 more signed rookie cards. The first is Bucky Kilroy who is a senior HOF candidate and the second is a Donnie Shell rookie that I had signed at a recent show (Jane Bosworth's show last weekend).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I bought this card from E-Bay for $30 dlvd. Has anyone picked up anything interesting lately?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    That is a great Randy White Signature on His Rookie.
  • Options
    Nice cards Greg! Kilroy is somewhat difficult to find and that would be the first signed RC I've seen. Hopefully he will get in someday!

I've got TTMs out to Don Shula, Rickey Jackson, and a Bob Brown to be signed at the Philly CSA show. My only recent purchase was a signed 1951 Bowman Charley Conerly for $35. Things seem to be slow lately.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Reese,

Great pickup on the 51 Conerly and please post scans of the cards that you're getting signed. My only recent pickup is this Bill Walsh that I picked up from a SCN member for $30..which was a GREAT price.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Jmhockey23Jmhockey23 Posts: 652 ✭✭
    Nice Walsh, Greg. Looks like he signed it yesterday.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Walsh, Greg. Looks like he signed it yesterday. >>

Thanks - I've been looking for this card for a whie. I'm glad to see that you received the cards I sent - sorry for the delay in shipping.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Nice Walsh Greg! It really does have a great signature!

Here are a couple new additions: The Shula was TTM and the Hampton is currently for sale if anyone wants it- $15 Dlvd

Here is the Conerly I picked up as well for my signed 51 Bowman set:

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    It's been way to quite around here lately! Here are some new ones:

Rickey Jackson TTM and a duplicate Roosevelt Brown RC that I picked up. If anyone needs it is for sale for $40.

I got a couple back from PSA as well:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333