Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

HOF FOOTBALL RC AUTOGRAPH SHOWCASE/DISCUSSION

Comments

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My newest addition! This was a great upgrade for a pretty tough card.

Don Hutson-1955 Topps AA
    image >>

Reese,

The Hutson looks great slabbed! Did you get any other signed rc slabbed along with the Hutson?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>Hey guys,
    I have the urge to show off some of the cards that I had signed at the CSA show last weekend. I was really pleased with how everything turned out, except for maybe the John Randle, whose signature is a lot sloppier than what I have seen on his certified auto cards. Anyway, this brings me to 89 signed HOF rookie cards, with Y.A. Tittle, Charley Taylor and Dave Casper all (hopefully) getting signed at this weekend's Mounted Memories show. Thanks for looking!

image >>

Rocketman,

Thanks for sharing scans of your newest additions.....very nice. I especially like the Buoniconti and Huff. Congrats.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Great stuff Rocketman!

Thanks for the compliments guys! Greg, I submitted a 48 Chuck Bednarik, 48 Bowman George McAfee, 50 Bowman Otto Graham, and 55 Don Hutson.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    TTM, back in 27 days. Thanks Greg for the notice he was signing.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    I have three new additions to my set:

I picked this up on E-Bay for $25:

I had this signed at a private signing (Triple Threat Sports):

I had this signed at the Chicago Sun Times show last week:

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickups Greg. I wish I had seen the Stallworth on ebay. Was it a buy it now? I need to get him on one myself.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs

<< <i>Nice pickups Greg. I wish I had seen the Stallworth on ebay. Was it a buy it now? I need to get him on one myself.

Mike >>

Mike,

Good to hear from you. The Stallworth was a BIN with a best offer. The BIN was $30 and I won it with a best offer of $25....which is pretty reasonable. I'll let you know if I see another one on E-Bay.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    This thread has been WAY to quiet lately. Below are three new additions from Ron Gordon. Although the Baugh cards aren't his rc, I wanted to share anyways. Enjoy!

P.S. - Reese - I hope that you're having fun at the National. I'm sure the $ you brought is burning a hole in your pocket!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Greg,

Nice Additions! I'll post my new items when I get back. I made a few nice additions, but nothing huge. I grabbed some doubles I found as well I'll offer up here when I get back.

Greg, I need you to check your PMs. I found your 77 Touchdown Luckman already encapsulated by PSA/DNA!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Those are some real nice stuff. It is amazing how many guys used to sign from about 1999 to 2004 when I started collecting the Hall of Fame. You have a truly great collection. I was wondering how many of the 1955 Topps All Americans you have signed. There had to be like 20 guys that died before the set including Rockne, Thorpe, Fats. I completde a 1955 Topps All American Set Unsigned of course. It is the greatest set in Football ever. The Benny Friedman is a Gem. There is probably 7 or 8 guys that are still alive after Bill Dudley died. I have never seen 1955 Bruce Smith signed that would have to be a $3,000 card or move depending condition. I have seen Dave O'Brien's 1955 signed years ago. That is probably a $1,500 to $2,000 card easily.
    Hi,

I'm currently at 43 of the 90 possible in the set. From the dealers and fellow collectors I've met through this process, the best attempt to complete it came from Phil Marks who had 60 of the 90 cards signed. I've been working on it for a couple years now and it's been a challenge that is for sure! I was offered an Obrien, Bruce Smith, and 2 Fourhorsemen cards (Miller, Crowley) a couple years back but was suspicious about the authenticity so I passed on them. There are a few guys in the set still signing (Moomaw, O'Dell, Parker, Savitsky, Kercheval, and Lujack). I'm still looking to make additions to the set, so if you know anyone that could help please let me know!

Thanks,
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Alright guys I'm back from the National with my additions. Below is everything I picked up. I have doubles of the Dudley and John Henry Johnson, so if anyone wants to trade for them let me know. Overall, the show was pretty crowded on Thursday. The show seemed bigger than I remember the last few years which is always a good sign. I was pretty excited to finally make some additions on my 1955 set. It's almost been a year since my last addition to the set, so finding 3 additions was huge! I've been looking for a Hubbard for some time now so that was also a nice pickup. The 75 Nagurski was the steal of the show for me. Ron Gordon sold it to me for $20. I couldn't pass that up!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • That is a nice Sammy Baugh. 43! That is excellent. Do you have Vic Hanson signed. Never saw him signed. That would be really a sweet one. Hanson is the Basketball Hall of Fame as well. Chuckin Charlie O'Rourke and George Sauer Sr. nice additions. Somebody Really Got 60! Bruce Smith would be the Ultimate for any Heisman Colllector. Better than any Ernie Davis item. Better than Nile Kinnick on a Nice Index Card even. I think $3,000 for it would not be out of line. O'Brien would also be amazing. Do you Amos Alonzo Stagg, that would be a great one as well. Anything over 30 autographs from that set is a great, great accomplishment. Turk Edwards is a great one as well. Just wondering who you have besides perhaps the obvious 20 twenty or so that are alive or have died since 2000.
    Reese, looks like you had an outstanding National. Congrats!

Mike

<< <i>That is a nice Sammy Baugh. 43! That is excellent. Do you have Vic Hanson signed. Never saw him signed. That would be really a sweet one. Hanson is the Basketball Hall of Fame as well. Chuckin Charlie O'Rourke and George Sauer Sr. nice additions. Somebody Really Got 60! Bruce Smith would be the Ultimate for any Heisman Colllector. Better than any Ernie Davis item. Better than Nile Kinnick on a Nice Index Card even. I think $3,000 for it would not be out of line. O'Brien would also be amazing. Do you Amos Alonzo Stagg, that would be a great one as well. Anything over 30 autographs from that set is a great, great accomplishment. Turk Edwards is a great one as well. Just wondering who you have besides perhaps the obvious 20 twenty or so that are alive or have died since 2000. >>

Nope, I don't have Vic Hanson. Unfortunately, I'm having problems finding guys that died in the 1990's and 2000's. Even Sammy Baugh who was a great signer was difficult to find. If has been a fun challenge though. If I can get to 60 I'll feel pretty good about my accomplishment.

Here is everyone I have:

Don Hutson
    Dan Hill
    Whizzer White
    Beattie Feathers
    Angelo Bertelli
    Pug Lund
    Paul Governali
    Mel Hein
    Turk Edwards
    Ken Strong
    Sid Luckman
    Alex Wojociechowicz
    Ace Parker
    Bill Dudley
    Ralph Kercheval
    Bob Odell
    George Savitisky
    Don Moomaw
    Wes Fesler
    Erny Pinckert
    Charlie Justice
    Red Grange
    Hugh Gallarneau
    Frank Sinkwich
    Tom Harmon
    Doc Blanchard
    Johnny Lujack
    Leo Nomellini
    Marshall Goldberg
    Otto Graham
    Jay Berawanger
    Bruiser Kinard
    Larry Kelley
    John Kimbrough
    Frank Albert
    George Cafego
    Ed Widseth
    Ed Garbisch
    Benny Friedman
    Sammy Baugh
    George Sauer
    Charley O'Rourke
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Those are some real nice stuff. It is amazing how many guys used to sign from about 1999 to 2004 when I started collecting the Hall of Fame. You have a truly great collection. I was wondering how many of the 1955 Topps All Americans you have signed. There had to be like 20 guys that died before the set including Rockne, Thorpe, Fats. I completde a 1955 Topps All American Set Unsigned of course. It is the greatest set in Football ever. The Benny Friedman is a Gem. There is probably 7 or 8 guys that are still alive after Bill Dudley died. I have never seen 1955 Bruce Smith signed that would have to be a $3,000 card or move depending condition. I have seen Dave O'Brien's 1955 signed years ago. That is probably a $1,500 to $2,000 card easily. >>

I'd give my left nut for a signed Topps AA Davey O'Brien and my right nut for a signed Bruce Smith (I'm through with 2 kids). It's amazing how tough the 1955 Topps AA are to find signed... I collect signed sets of every year from 1948 through 1990 and of the 1950's sets, the 1955 Topps AA set is definately one of the toughest to find signed. 88 of the 98 single player cards are possible to be signed (I'm excluding the 4 Horsemen card which is possible to be signed by all 4 players plus Andy Bershak who I can't confirm is alive or dead) and of those, roughly 30ish are relatively easy to find. Of the remaining 50 to 60, most are next to imossible and I have personally never seen or heard of anyone who had signed copies of at least 20 cards of the latter group. I'm seen complete signed sets of nearly every 1950 set except 1955 Topps AA.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Benny Friedman is a real gem. khw whose prices are very very high is asking $1,450 or best offer for a Friedman signed in lightly in pen. Frank Sinkwich is a beauty, I made a run at one Ebay. It went for a couple hundred dollar. Sinkwich on a 1955 nicely signed and authenticated has to be $500 plus. It is a jewel for heisman collector. I was trying to buy it when I had a Alan Ameche Tristar Signacut 1/1 and was making a run at every heisman trophy winner on a trading card authenticated. My opinion the Sinkwich is even better than Friedman.

<< <i>Benny Friedman is a real gem. khw whose prices are very very high is asking $1,450 or best offer for a Friedman signed in lightly in pen. Frank Sinkwich is a beauty, I made a run at one Ebay. It went for a couple hundred dollar. Sinkwich on a 1955 nicely signed and authenticated has to be $500 plus. It is a jewel for heisman collector. I was trying to buy it when I had a Alan Ameche Tristar Signacut 1/1 and was making a run at every heisman trophy winner on a trading card authenticated. My opinion the Sinkwich is even better than Friedman. >>

I bought a signed 1955 Topps AA Frank Sinkwich 2 years ago on E-Bay for $150 (that has since been authenticated). It's in my Heisman auto set on the PSA registry.

I only need 5 cards signed by Heisman winners: Kinnick (imossible on a card), Ernie Davis, Bruce Smith, Davey O'Brien (all 3 are VERY tough to find on a card) and Tom Harmon (which is somewhat tough to find on a card). How many auto'd cards of Heisman winners do you currently have?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Benny Friedman
    >>

Benny is very much missed in NJ... Have another very nice and boldly signed felt tip lined up, but can't seem to pull the trigger. It's actually a bit more than the one I sold you, hence the hesitation.
    Scott, I can understand the hesitation on the Friedman. I hope you can work out a deal on the other one you mentioned. I would love to see it!

I had a few cards delivered to me today that were signed at the National. Avoiding the autograph lines was huge for me this year since I only had a day to hit all the tables at the show. The Charley Taylor signed in black is up for sale or trade if anyone is interested.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • That is a very nice Jackie Slaterm Not too many of his autographs out there. He does not sign ttm and does not do very many shows at all. Randy White and Charley Taylor are little easier. But still great autographs. That is a very neat Randy White, he frequently has a sloppy signature.
    I'm pretty happy with the way the turned out. What I don't like is they attached a tristar sticker on the back of each card. None of these are really hard to find, but I needed them for my set so I had to get them!

John, pm sent
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    I just talked to Sports Card Heroes and apparantly my order for the Chantilly and National never arrived. I sent 2 Huff cards (rc and 60 Topps), Csonka rc, Randy White rc and John Randle rc and GLA. I can't find my DC receipts. so it looks like I'm SOL.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just talked to Sports Card Heroes and apparantly my order for the Chantilly and National never arrived. I sent 2 Huff cards (rc and 60 Topps), Csonka rc, Randy White rc and John Randle rc and GLA. I can't find my DC receipts. so it looks like I'm SOL.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

That really sucks!! Hopefully your cards will turn up soon. I have often thought that I should keep better track of my DC receipts too. I am fortunate that my cards have always arrived back to me. I will definitely keep better track of them after hearing your horror story. I would keep your fingers crossed, maybe they were just misplaced.
    Oh man, sorry to hear that Greg. Hope it all works out for you!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    I know its probably 10 years early, but I wanted to share somewhere...

Commissions

Nice Hines Ward!

Well boys it appears that being home on a Friday night with nothing to do but search for cards has paid off! I found one of my white whales! It's not pretty but I'm pumped to have this one!

Joe Stydahar
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Congrats, Reese!!! Nice grab!
    Nice job Reese - I must have missed that when I checked earlier tongiht! That seller has a nice lot of signed 52 Bowman cards for sale - too bad no Christiansen or Owen!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I still need a few 52's including Owen, Millner, Halas, Brown, and Christiansen. They all seem to be pretty tough!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Just announced - the 2011 senior nominees are Chris Hanburger and Les Richter. It's too bad that Les Richter passed away back in June - he was one of the most deserving defensive candidates NOT already elected to the HOF. I have signed rc's of both players - how about everyone else? Hanburger is a great TTM signer - so I suggest you get a rc signed now, otherwise he may stop signing TTM or start to charge a fee.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I have Hanburger but not Richter. I didn't realize he was even on the radar since I haven't seen his name out there very much. I just checked ebay and there are no signatures for sale. How tough do you think he will be?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>I have Hanburger but not Richter. I didn't realize he was even on the radar since I haven't seen his name out there very much. I just checked ebay and there are no signatures for sale. How tough do you think he will be? >>

Should be pretty easy. Les was an active and quick signer right up until his death. Also, his RC was relatively inexpensive, so I would suspect that there are quite a few out there.
    I agree w/ Scott. He was a great signer, however there isn't generally a lot of signed vintage cards (especially early 50's) floating around. I'm sure that if he's elected to the HOF, a lot of his signed cards would come out of the woodwork. I have every card of his signed including two Bowman Large I believe.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I had a very nice mail day today. First up, this Hank Stram that I obtained through a trade with a fellow board member. Hopefully he will start posting on this thread since he has a huge collection of signed cards.

Hank Stram

I'm excited to have this one. It's pretty rough, but I can always upgrade if a better one comes along. The signature looks better in hand, I'll try and get a better scan up.

Joe Stydahar
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    It took some effort to get this where it belongs.....

Commissions

• Thrilled about Les Richter and Hanburger going in. I got Richter on his 1956 Topps not before he died. Richter rookie is 1952. His autograph is already heating up $15 for a 3x5. I may send my 1956 to PSA. It may end up as high as Gene Hickerson at least.

<< <i>It took some effort to get this where it belongs.....
    image >>

What did you have to do to get it done?

Mike

<< <i>

Bradshaw pic removed >>

Mike >>

Rejected twice before it made it in. I got this signed at the March CSA show.

Commissions

<< <i>

<< <i>

Bradshaw pic removed >>

Mike >>

Rejected twice before it made it in. I got this signed at the March CSA show. >>

Did you have to talk with them the third time, or did you just send it in again? On any of the occasions did you include your autograph ticket?

Just asking cause I have one I got done at a show a month or so ago and want to make sure I don't have to go 3 trips before it passes.

Mike

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Bradshaw pic removed >>

Mike >>

Rejected twice before it made it in. I got this signed at the March CSA show. >>

Did you have to talk with them the third time, or did you just send it in again? On any of the occasions did you include your autograph ticket?

Just asking cause I have one I got done at a show a month or so ago and want to make sure I don't have to go 3 trips before it passes.

Mike >>

I am going to PM you this answer

Commissions

Nice additions Jeffrey and Reese! I have several nice additions lately including a nice Tom Harmon for my Heisman auto'd card collection. Also, I scanned my signed Hanburger rc and 3 Les Richter rc's!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Nice additions Greg! That Harmon is a really really tough card to find signed. Congrats!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Tom Harmon is a heck of a nice card. That is a beauty has to be at least $300. I think is worth more than Kinard. Les Richter's autograph is going to be as expensive as Gene Hickerson's is now. Hanburger and Richter should both get in if there is any justice. There is too few linebackers in the Hall of Fame. Hanburger has what 9 Pro Bowls and Richter is one of the best players not in the Hall of Fame.

<< <i>Tom Harmon is a heck of a nice card. That is a beauty has to be at least $300. I think is worth more than Kinard. Les Richter's autograph is going to be as expensive as Gene Hickerson's is now. Hanburger and Richter should both get in if there is any justice. There is too few linebackers in the Hall of Fame. Hanburger has what 9 Pro Bowls and Richter is one of the best players not in the Hall of Fame. >>

Thanks - I actually paid $35 more for the Kinard than the Harmon if you can believe it!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I just made a huge addition to my set - a signed 1952 Bowman Paul Brown rc. I'll post a scan later. Has anyone picked up anything else?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Nice addition Greg! Can't wait to see the scan.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Two new additions thanks to a trade with a new board member. Hopefully he will start posting in this thread because he has an amazing signed football collection!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Nice pickups Reese. The Munchak is especially tough. For some reason, Munchak doesn't sign very often and his signed cards are tough to find on E-Bay. Congrats!

I just bought 6 cards from Ron - I'll post scans later tonight.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References: