Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HOF FOOTBALL RC AUTOGRAPH SHOWCASE/DISCUSSION

Comments

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I sent the card to Lambchop Productions...where I've sent 4 cards previously with no problems. I paid over $80 for that f'ing card (it was a BVG 5 crackout). I am beyond pissed right now... Why would someone steal my card and replace it with something worth 50 cents. I would NEVER do something like that to someone else....

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent the card to Lambchop Productions...where I've sent 4 cards previously with no problems. I paid over $80 for that f'ing card (it was a BVG 5 crackout). I am beyond pissed right now... Why would someone steal my card and replace it with something worth 50 cents. I would NEVER do something like that to someone else....

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

You don't have much luck, do you Greg? Perhaps writing a letter would help. If you're paying them, then you should get your item back. With the Bednarik thing, he signs a million things for free. Actually, call them.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I sent the card to Lambchop Productions...where I've sent 4 cards previously with no problems. I paid over $80 for that f'ing card (it was a BVG 5 crackout). I am beyond pissed right now... Why would someone steal my card and replace it with something worth 50 cents. I would NEVER do something like that to someone else....

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

You don't have much luck, do you Greg? Perhaps writing a letter would help. If you're paying them, then you should get your item back. With the Bednarik thing, he signs a million things for free. Actually, call them. >>

At least with Bednarik, I received my cards back. It's possible that someone made a mistake, however I have a feeling someone (knowing the card was valuable) swiped the card. The same thing happened w/ Paul Hornung...where I sent a 57 Topps and he sent me back a 57 Topps Archive. I called him and, low and behold, he had the card sitting on his desk (which he signed and mailed to me).

I'll write a letter on Monday.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent a beat up 1952 Bowman Small and $20 to Lambchop Productions (where I have sent at least 5 other cards over the past year) and today I get back a signed Topps Flashback card (2001 Topps Heritage) signed w/ a sh*tty marker? Has anyone else had problems with cards being swiped from someone at Lambchop Productions? I'm pretty p*ssed because it took me FOREVER to find a low priced rookie card.

Thanks

Greg M. >>

Greg:

Who were you attempting to get through Lampchop?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I sent a beat up 1952 Bowman Small and $20 to Lambchop Productions (where I have sent at least 5 other cards over the past year) and today I get back a signed Topps Flashback card (2001 Topps Heritage) signed w/ a sh*tty marker? Has anyone else had problems with cards being swiped from someone at Lambchop Productions? I'm pretty p*ssed because it took me FOREVER to find a low priced rookie card.

Thanks

Greg M. >>

Greg:

Who were you attempting to get through Lampchop? >>

Frank Gifford.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Greg,

Sorry to hear about Gifford. Let us know how they respond to your letter. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.

Congrats on the Stenerud, Mix, Thomas, and Greene!

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    Wow - I'm on a roll. Today I received my envelope back from Bob Griese which I mailed in early May. He nicely signed my 1976 Topps and returned my $40 donation. The only problem - he kept my f'ing rookie card, 1970 Topps and 1972 Topps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??? I am one of the few people who donate money...and he nicely returned the money but kept $50 worth of cards??? I just don't understand these guys some times. That was TOTALLY uncalled for.

Also, has anyone dealt with the dealer who is hosting the signing this weekend w/ Jimmy Johnson, Daryle Lamonica, Ken Stabler, ect...? I mailed my cards on Saturday and called this morning to provide my cc info and the number was disconnected. I called the number 2 weeks ago...so I know that it was working until recently. I sent an e-mail, however I seriously doubt that my cards will be signed...(because I didn't send payment w/ the cards...) nor am I confident that I'll ever see them again (I would only be out $25 to $30...). Crazy...huh?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Man you are on a roll! Better send him a note image

Hmmm.... I sent my card out last week and my check hasn't been cashed yet. Is the website still up promoting the show?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Wow - I'm on a roll. Today I received my envelope back from Bob Griese which I mailed in early May. He nicely signed my 1976 Topps and returned my $40 donation. The only problem - he kept my f'ing rookie card, 1970 Topps and 1972 Topps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??? I am one of the few people who donate money...and he nicely returned the money but kept $50 worth of cards??? I just don't understand these guys some times. That was TOTALLY uncalled for.

Also, has anyone dealt with the dealer who is hosting the signing this weekend w/ Jimmy Johnson, Daryle Lamonica, Ken Stabler, ect...? I mailed my cards on Saturday and called this morning to provide my cc info and the number was disconnected. I called the number 2 weeks ago...so I know that it was working until recently. I sent an e-mail, however I seriously doubt that my cards will be signed...(because I didn't send payment w/ the cards...) nor am I confident that I'll ever see them again (I would only be out $25 to $30...). Crazy...huh?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg:

You seem to have some real unlucky occurrences when TTMing. I've had great success getting my cards back (I do enclose dontations). I think part of the issue may be the volume of cards that you send to these folks.

When I am sending a rookie card, I send only the rookie card. I realize that you like to get multiple cards done, but sending them separate of the RC's might lead to less confusion and a feeling by the signer that this is a for profit process, regardless of the donation.

I know you send out a lot of stuff, but I think sometimes too many cards confuse the signers. Sometimes, it tends to piss them off. I know many will sign one card, regardless of the donation, and keep or, if you're lucky, return the rest unsigned.

Any news on the Leaf front? Haven't had anything come back in awhile from the ones I sent out, so I suppose its time to write them off and either try again at another address or hunt them down on the secondary market. A little frustrating as they were all High Numbers and had $20.00 donations enclosed... Oh well, part of the process. Some success and some bumps and bruises.
  • Options
    Scott,

You make a good point...I really should send rookie cards by themselves. To be honest, I send 4 cards at a time to cut down on costs because I send the cards in a bubble envelope along with a sharpie and the cash. The only players I've had problems with are Hornung (who apparantly doesn't like signing his rookie card because it's worth "a fortune"), Bednarik (who misplaced my cards...which I did get back) and now Gifford (someone who works w/ him probably stole it) and Griese (who apparantly swipes cards). I've literally sent out 150 requests to HOFers and have not had ANY problems besides the occasional dry marker (which I remedied by sending markers w/ the cards).

I'll still send out my requests in bulk, however I WILL be more careful about who I send what. For instance, I only send 1 card at a time to George Blanda (with a donation - which he usually returns) because he gets upset if you send more than one item at a time.

On the Leaf front, I just confirmed that Rebel Steiner is alive and willing to sign (he signed my index card and gave me permission to send a Leaf card). To be honest (and no offense intended), however I don't know why you bought and mailed the Leaf high number cards to guys we didn't confirm were alive (e.g. Hendre, Whisler). Given the cost of the cards plus the donation, you would have been better off waiting until we confirmed the are alive and signing. I almost bought cards of Billy Bye and Bob DeMoss...and am glad that I didn't. As you know Bye tragically died and DeMoss is apparantly still alive (and I still think we have the right address); however he won't respond to my request from May.

Let me knw if you need Steiner's address. He also has a 51 Bowman card if you're interested.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>To be honest (and no offense intended), however I don't know why you bought and mailed the Leaf high number cards to guys we didn't confirm were alive (e.g. Hendre, Whisler). Given the cost of the cards plus the donation, you would have been better off waiting until we confirmed the are alive and signing. I almost bought cards of Billy Bye and Bob DeMoss...and am glad that I didn't. As you know Bye tragically died and DeMoss is apparantly still alive (and I still think we have the right address); however he won't respond to my request from May. >>

No offense taken. The reason I purchased and sent the Leaf cards is two fold. One, I'm working on the set and don't mind having some dupes. Two, like the Billy Bye example, I realize that the time window on some of these gentlemen is very narrow and the difference in sending on a wing and a prayer versus waiting to confirm an address may be the difference between getting a signature and having the player pass along.

If I was concerned about the loss of the money and the card, I wouldn't be sending through the mail. I understand that losses are a natural aspect of this endeavor and in most cases, I am quite diligent, but with regard to the Leaf Set and the fact that the survivors are all in their 80's, time is of the essence.

If you could, please PM me Rebel's addy. I'd love to get my Leaf out ASAP.
  • Options
    Got this one back today... The newest Senior Nominee for the HOF:

• Options

<< <i>Got this one back today... The newest Senior Nominee for the HOF:
    >>

Great card, but I really hope he's not going in as a player. He played on the other side of Dick Lane and then Lem Barney for basically his whole career. He had so may INTs because people never threw to the other side. He could very well be in as a coord/contributor though.
  • Options
    Scott,

Nice LeBeau! I'm still looking for a nice raw rc to get signed....can anyone help? Also, PM sent.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Have any of y'all football guys got a new address for Mike McCormack? I sent a rookie card off to him last Saturday and it was returned today with a "Not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward" sticker on it and a handwritten "FOE"(forwarding order expired) on it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I rec'd a rookie back from him at:

265 Bouquet Canyon Dr.
    Palm Desert, CA 92211-3202

about a month and a half ago, Mike.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I rec'd a rookie back from him at:

265 Bouquet Canyon Dr.
    Palm Desert, CA 92211-3202

about a month and a half ago, Mike. >>

Thanks, I'll give that one a try, I was using:

11220 NE 53rd St.
    Kirkland, WA 98033
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I wrote a letter to Bob Griese last week asking why he kept my rookie card (along w/ my 70 and 72 Topps). I received a letter today from Mr. Griese's assistant saying that Mr. Griese only signs one card per request and she keeps the remaining cards "for charity". She sent back 5 unsigned cards, none of which were my rookie card.

$50 down the drain...

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    That stinks Greg. I sent a rookie to him about 2 months ago and nothing else. I'll let you know if it comes back signed one of these days.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>That stinks Greg. I sent a rookie to him about 2 months ago and nothing else. I'll let you know if it comes back signed one of these days. >>

Mike ... as I recently told Greg ... I sent Griese a '69 card and I received it back signed in FIFTEEN DAYS! He did FINE by me! It really sucks what happened with Greg ... when you send 5 cards and $50.00, it's easy to figure out that the collector was paying you 10 bucks per card. If you only want to sign one, OK ... but at least send back the $40.00.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That stinks Greg. I sent a rookie to him about 2 months ago and nothing else. I'll let you know if it comes back signed one of these days. >>

Mike ... as I recently told Greg ... I sent Griese a '69 card and I received it back signed in FIFTEEN DAYS! He did FINE by me! It really sucks what happened with Greg ... when you send 5 cards and $50.00, it's easy to figure out that the collector was paying you 10 bucks per card. If you only want to sign one, OK ... but at least send back the $40.00. >>

He sent back the $ but kept my rookie card.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭✭
    some new ones
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Great cards that you added! Are you collecting the 1962 Topps set?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭✭
    greg, no, I had been working on '62 football but sold what i had minus the packers and these rcs at a show a couple weeks ago.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Nice cards John! That Donovan is really nice! I've only got one new one these past couple weeks-Gary Zimmerman. I'll post a scan later.

Has anyone got their Jimmy Johnson RC's back from the private signing?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    I think that mine came in the mail tonight. I'll post scans when I get home.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg, check your pms
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Sent on Friday, received today (Thursday).

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea about Floyd Little's TTM signing habits, but

In case anyone wants to get Floyd Little's auto, he is doing a signing with www.denverautographs.com

We are pleased to announce an upcoming public signing with Denver Broncos legend FLOYD LITTLE. He will be appearing at our Colorado Mills locaton on Friday October 9 (time TBA). He has recently been named a finalist for the 2010 Hall of Fame based on his career which lasted only nine seasons, however, he retired as the NFL's seventh leading rushing with 6323 yards and is credited with saving a losing franchise from relocation. Autographs are only $15 for any item. If you are unable to attend we can get your item signed for you We need your item on/before Wednesday October 7. Please call 303-462-1145 for more information or drop off at our store or mail to (include appropriate return shipping):

DenverAutographs.com
    14500 W Colfax Ave #383
    Lakewood, CO 80401
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on Floyd Little. I just sent 5 cards (including his rc) plus a donation....he's generally a great TTM signer.

On a different note, has anyone received their cards back from the Jimmy Johnson signing? The seller supposedly mailed my cards 11 days ago but I still haven't received them. I'm starting to get nervous!!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I have not received my Jimmy Johnson either.
  • Options
    Hey Greg how did you end up getting your cards back from Chuck B.?
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Greg how did you end up getting your cards back from Chuck B.?
    Mike >>

Mike,

About a month after my cards were missing, I sent a 1948 Exhibit card to Chuck Bednarik to sign along with a donation. In the letter I thanked him for writing back to me (I wrote to him with scans of the missing cards and he wrote back saying that he must have screwed up and sent them to someone else) and told him not to worry about the missing cards. When he returned my Exhibit card signed, he enclosed my 1948 Leaf and 1961 Fleer card signed with a note saying that he had found my missing cards! I was so thrilled that I mailed to him a 4 pack of Lou Malnoti's pizzas (the best pizza in Chicago) and he actually sent me a thank you card saying how much he and his family enjoyed the pizzas!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    FYI: My Johnson came back signed - but it's not the original card I sent. Kind of PO'd about it. The one I got back is kind of smudged.

Here is the one I sent:
    Jim Johnson from eBay

Jim Johnson I got back:
  • Options

<< <i>FYI: My Johnson came back signed - but it's not the original card I sent. Kind of PO'd about it. The one I got back is kind of smudged.
    Here is the one I sent:Jim Johnson from eBay
    Jim Johnson I got back:
    image >>

Mike ... as I mentioned in YOUR thread, it sucks about the smudge on the sig ... but I like the card you got back better!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>but I like the card you got back better! >>

I agree that it's better, but I don't deserve someone else's "better" card. I will not be doing business with this signing house again.
  • Options

<< <i>

I agree that it's better, but I don't deserve someone else's "better" card. I will not be doing business with this signing house again. >>

AH ... I thought it was sent directly to the athlete. I agree ... There is NO WAY a signing house should screw up like this!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>

I agree that it's better, but I don't deserve someone else's "better" card. I will not be doing business with this signing house again. >>

Crossing my fingers I get the same card back. I sent one that was NM with similar centering to Mike's (perhaps that's it). Pretty lame when they can't get the same item back and can't make an effort to ensure the auto is clean. Will post mine when it is received...
  • Options

<< <i>FYI: My Johnson came back signed - but it's not the original card I sent. Kind of PO'd about it. The one I got back is kind of smudged.

Here is the one I sent:
    Jim Johnson from eBay

Jim Johnson I got back:
    image >>

That's awful! I would ask for my $ back... Like I said before, I am very leery of the promoter. If I don't have my cards back by Monday, I'll give him a a call.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    remind me of the promoter info, will you? I can't remember who it was.
  • Options
    Greg,

Can you post the link to the Tommy McDonald signing? I can't find the info anywhere.

Thanks,
    Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Thanks Mike!

BTW, I think the Jimmy Johnson promoter was Worldwide Sports or something like that. This was my first dealing with them, and I still don't have my card back.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Here is the info on the Jimmy Johnson signing:

Show link

If I don't have my cards back by today, I'm going to call and raise hell.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Got my Jimmy Johnson back today (same card I send) along with another Lilly that came on Saturday (a little nicer than the others I sent previously). Can't wait for the 4 Jerry Rices to come back from a private signed taking place this week...

• Options
    Got my Jimmy Johnson back today in a PWE with two stamps on it. Glad I added $5 for shipping. Otherwise, the card and signature look good.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Reese,

That sig doesn't look that nice. It appears like its bubbling and even a tiny smeared. I'm really nervous about getting my cards back.

I called the promoter yesterday evening and asked where my cards were. He said that my cards were still there. He had the cards but wasn't sure who they belonged to. It's the last time that I use this dealer.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Scott,

Are you cornering the market on signed 1963 Topps Bob Lilly cards?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Scott,

Are you cornering the market on signed 1963 Topps Bob Lilly cards?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Nah, just found one that was a little nicer than the pair that I had recently sent. Sent Mr. Lilly a little "extra" in the donation file this time and he was quite "generous." I do have an extra for sale/trade, now. Also sent a Steiner out and should have an Alworth back soon.

BTW, who is the "new" survivor in the Leaf set?
  • Options
    Anyone out there LMK if you need a Floyd Little RC for that Denver signing coming up. I will have an extra at the end of the week. And if anyone has a low low grade 61 Don Maynard RC, PM me.