Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Boom cheated! image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    If you have nothing better to do than posting 4800 first then you must be pretty bored with your life!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you have nothing better to do than posting 4800 first then you must be pretty bored with your life! >>

I wouldn't say that!

I'd have done the same thing and I'm waiting for 5,000 to roll around! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If you have nothing better to do than posting 4800 first then you must be pretty bored with your life! >>

I wouldn't say that!

I'd have done the same thing and I'm waiting for 5,000 to roll around! image >>

you're going to generously give a PCGS MS70 First Strike to whoever does posting number 5000 in this thread.. didn't you say that?.. i'm sure someone said that..

{{sanity check failed.. reboot brain}}..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Hey, isn't it time for the dump? image
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be time for another dump. Last time I spent like 1 hour putting it together for the largest most complete dump ever and nobody seemed to really care. Maybe I should keep them super short to just one or two searches... image

I'll see if I can get one done tonight.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed a lot more positive activity on ebay with the 08REV07 with my auctions and my "buy it nows" in the last couple of days. It's like someone suddenly turned the faucet on.image
  • Options
    I have noticed the prices seem to be going up lately. I didn't expect that for a couple of months!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I wouldn't say that!

I'd have done the same thing and I'm waiting for 5,000 to roll around! image >>

you're going to generously give a PCGS MS70 First Strike to whoever does posting number 5000 in this thread.. didn't you say that?.. i'm sure someone said that..

{{sanity check failed.. reboot brain}}..

image >>

Hmmph! If I had a bunch to spare, you bet! But since I don't, they'll have to settle for an attaboy or a nice shiney Eisenhower Dollar!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmmph! If I had a bunch to spare, you bet! But since I don't, they'll have to settle for an attaboy or a nice shiney Eisenhower Dollar! >>

Just how shiney are we talking here? image
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a gorgeous shiney Ike dollar I will trade you for a dirty worn out $5 dollar bill.imageimage
  • Options
    I have noticed prices creeping back up this week with listings holding between 110 to 120.Note:If all the off topic posts where deleted from this thread,it would probably be at around 1,000.image
  • Options
    It's summer and no other topics are even the slightest bit interesting, so, everybody is here.
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    There are still only 2 topics of interest: 1) Will the price of the 2008obv/07rev now start to climb. This seems to be the case in the last couple days. Now that I sold off all my remaining 08obv/07revs the increase in price is a lock. 2) Favre

Jeff

• Options
    Nice story in coinage august 2008 issue American Eagles Fly collectors spot New Varieties and Rediscover others.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice story in coinage august 2008 issue American Eagles Fly collectors spot New Varieties and Rediscover others. >>

Really? Cool!!! I will look and buy me a copy of this issue then. Thanks Asinimage
  • Options
    NGC POP for this week (A couple of days late due to a great trip to Martha's Vineyard)

Total graded= 12447 which is ONLY a 51 coin increase over the previous week. Grinding to a halt on submissions.

2008 W EAGLE S$1 REVERSE OF 2007 MS 5603
    2008 W EAGLE REV OF 07 S$1 EARLY RELEASES MS 6844

Still show over 1200 more ER's than brown labels
  • Options

<< <i>I have noticed prices creeping back up this week with listings holding between 110 to 120.Note:If all the off topic posts where deleted from this thread,it would probably be at around 1,000.image >>

Wrongo Wrongo!

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hmmph! If I had a bunch to spare, you bet! But since I don't, they'll have to settle for an attaboy or a nice shiney Eisenhower Dollar! >>

Just how shiney are we talking here? image >>

Well it was a relative term but I got a dremel tool and I ain;t afraid to use it for ya!

How shiney do you want it! image

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Nice story in coinage august 2008 issue American Eagles Fly collectors spot New Varieties and Rediscover others. >>

Did John Nanney get mentioned??

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

Did John Nanney get mentioned?? >>

YES john is mentioned in the story.
  • Options
    Oh well, there goes my hopes to get another MS 70 ER...
  • Options
    Why is that Tony? There are plenty of them out there.
  • Options
    Was hoping to use Cash back program, and save 20%. But there aren't any MS 70 ER that are Buy it Now with Paypal....I guess I should be glad that there are fewer and fewer for sale. Hopefully, my remaining 3 will appreciate nicely. image
  • Options
    If I put one on there at $1000, will you buy it?
  • Options

<< <i>If I put one on there at $1000, will you buy it? >>

Um...no. But if you are serious about selling one, please PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>Was hoping to use Cash back program, and save 20%. But there aren't any MS 70 ER that are Buy it Now with Paypal....I guess I should be glad that there are fewer and fewer for sale. Hopefully, my remaining 3 will appreciate nicely. image >>

I don't understand Tony.

When fewer and fewer show up for sale, it's usually because fewer and fewer are getting sold (eBay fees ain't cheap) which means that fewer and fewer folks are buying.

How does this affect the "appreciation" of your three?

Edited to Add: Oh and welcome back from where ever you were!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely 5000 before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    By thanksgiving the PCGS70 could be that high but not the NGC,s.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Was hoping to use Cash back program, and save 20%. But there aren't any MS 70 ER that are Buy it Now with Paypal....I guess I should be glad that there are fewer and fewer for sale. Hopefully, my remaining 3 will appreciate nicely. image >>

I don't understand Tony.

When fewer and fewer show up for sale, it's usually because fewer and fewer are getting sold (eBay fees ain't cheap) which means that fewer and fewer folks are buying.

How does this affect the "appreciation" of your three?

Edited to Add: Oh and welcome back from where ever you were! >>

Fewer and fewer show up for sale because more and more are getting sold. I've been checking. The last several days, all the Buy it Now with Paypal ones have already been sold. The well's run dry for me. At least for now it is. image
  • Options
    106 Auctions with 1 ending today.
  • Options
    Not right now Tony, I am just joshing you. I have them but now is not the time to sell them.
  • Options
    Quick Tony, MS70 $700, listing #170240713852. BIN
  • Options

<< <i>Quick Tony, MS70 $700, listing #170240713852. BIN >>

Thanks for looking out for me pitboss, but I was actually looking for an MS70 Early Release.
  • Options
    I only have one NGC70 ER Tony and one of the PCGS first strike 70's but I do have 11 of the first strike 69's. I am waiting for next year to see what these things do.
    Steve
  • Options

<< <i>I only have one NGC70 ER Tony and one of the PCGS first strike 70's but I do have 11 of the first strike 69's. I am waiting for next year to see what these things do.
    Steve >>

If you're looking to sell your FS 69's, I might know a buyer. Last week, he quoted me $550. He was looking to buy 25.
  • Options
    No, I am only into these for about $75 each including grading fees. I will hold them to see what they are going to do. I should be able to get that back if nothing good happens at all.
  • Options

<< <i>Not right now Tony, I am just joshing you. I have them but now is not the time to sell them. >>

it sure ain't the time to sell Platinum either.. Holy image what's going on with Platinum?.. oops.. sorry.. off-topic.. {{spank spanky bottom}}..

Harv

image <-- pitboss needs an Avatar..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    I am not very computer literate and don't have a clue how to get one.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Let me recommend this for you.

Save it to your desktop (right click on it, click save as, then browse to your desktop). On the 15th of next month, click profile, scroll down to the bottom of the profile screen. You will see Upload your own author icon. Click browse, browse to the pitboss.jpg file on your desktop, and you are done!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
  • Options
    Ok, I have it saved. I will try it next month. Thanks, Steve
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    FOIA Update came in the mail today...

For those of you who know, and for those of you who don't, when you submit a FOIA request you have to make arrangements to
    pay whatever they government agency says the research and duplication costs are. You don't have to pay it, but then again, they
    won't ship you the records.

Thus, the only update from this letter is how much they want for the records. In the letter dated July 15, 2008, it says the following:
    This is to advise you that fees totalling $386.36 have been assessed for research costs of the requested documents. In accordance
    with U.S. Mint Policy, the requested information will be held until payment is received.
    Bold text in original.

Let me just point out that this was not unexpected. The big questions now are...
    (1) Are they hoping that I will get discouraged and will not pay for the records because I am an individual?
    I would not be surprised if most requests die at this point because of similar charges.
    (2) What does one get for $386? Will they just ship me cases of documents that will take a team of young law students years to go through?

I will post the actual letter tomorrow when I can scan it at work.

Oh by the way, now accepting $5 donations to help offset the cost of the FOIA records. Maybe I should put this on the BST now??? image
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    i`m in for a fiver, pm me your addy and i`ll send it off. thanks for filing the request.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I will donate as well. PM your Paypal addr.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

I'm in.........just PM where to send the $$$...thanks this is a good thing!
  • Options

<< <i>I will donate as well. PM your Paypal addr. >>

Ditto Kiddo! I might even go a ten spot!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Hi..

Lope.. put me down for five clams.. i'll PayPal it to you if that's okay.. PM me your PayPal address..

Thanks for doing what you're doing.. and what no one else has done.. could be making Numismatic history here.. or not.. who knows..
    i don't think any of us expect you to bear the brunt of the cost of whatever docs they're holding back until you cough up the money, but we all want to know what's in that package.. that fee is a LOT higher than what I expected it might be..

Thanks
    Harv
  • Options
    Lope Pls.PM me your address so i can send you the entire $5 where Paypal wont get any part of it.

Thank you for your efforts.

Joeimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file