Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    PM Me your paypal address and I will throw in a fiver too! Rob
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>that fee is a LOT higher than what I expected it might be.. >>

To be honest i thought it would be a lot higher... like a grand to throw Lope off and discourage him....just crossed my mind.image

By the way ...wheres Tony?image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>that fee is a LOT higher than what I expected it might be.. >>

To be honest i thought it would be a lot higher... like a grand to throw Lope off and discourage him....just crossed my mind.image

By the way ...wheres Tony?image >>

I don;t think the US Mint has any reason at all to discourage these types of searches especially if they are getting paid to conduct them.

At this point, it appears that the records have been obtained and are simply awaiting proper payment before they are released.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    I'm in send me your PayPal details via PM.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for $10 Lope! PM me your email addy & I'll zap it to ya!image
  • Options

<< <i>Oh by the way, now accepting $5 donations to help offset the cost of the FOIA records >>

Put me in for $10...well worth the investment...PM your address

Allen
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was a First Strike?????

eBay Link
  • Options
    pm me for another 10.00
    thanks for the time and effort.
    Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can put me in for $10.00 minimum. My wife and I are expecting our first child any day now and maybe I can have him make the dontation when he is born image
  • Options
    I also will send the money via Pay Pal. Please give me your address.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh by the way, now accepting $5 donations to help offset the cost of the FOIA records. Maybe I should put this on the BST now??? image >>

Count me in for $5.00

Joe
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    image Thank you to all who have donated!
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    PM your address Lope, I'm in.

KP
  • Options
    PM me and I'll Paypal you $10
    Thanks,
    Bill
  • Options
    In for $10. PM me your email address.
  • Options
    ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭
    PM me your email address also.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $5, PM me.

..stinkin gov't...haven't we paid enough taxes to offset some desk-jocky looking up some numbers.

Sorry, thinking out load again.

Ren
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in -- PM away.

Lope, maybe you can set up your forum profile and include your email there -- at least until you are done fundraising. Might save you a bunch of keyboard time...

Thanks again for doing the legwork on this!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Lope,pm me your address,i am in for 10.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Hey good job, send me the pm so I can throw in $10., will be interesting to see what you get...My local Sheriffs Dept. charges me $250.00 for every FOIA and all I get is a few pages of records and a 1/2 hour video tape...Maybe the Mint will throw in some popcorn and a 2 Litre of Pop?image
  • Options
    Maybe the Mint will throw in the footage from the minting floor when they screwed up? image

Thanks for all the help! My paypal has already topped $100 with several more pledges and a few coming in the mail.
    Will keep you all posted! You guys and girls rock!

Edited to add: Onward to 5,000!
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...almost 5,000 coins made...image
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>...almost 5,000 coins made...image >>

wouldn't that be nice.. but since there are what, three times that many in slabs, roughly.. anyone got a total (ya don't have to break it down by company).. of how many TOTAL are known to have been slabbed by PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG, SEGS, and the bottom feeders?.. i'm biting my fingernails up to my knees waiting to find out what's in that FOIA report.. so c'mon you people who haven't thrown at least five bucks at Lope (i PayPalled him last night).. cough it up.. what's five bucks?.. a gallon of gasoline, a pack of cigarettes, ONE cup of acid at Starbucks.. there's a lot riding on this..

i'm curious.. how many of you actually believe in your guts that the Mint shipped all 47,000 they claim they made?..

how many believe they actually made 47,000?.. how many believe in the Easter Bunny?..

Thanks
    Harv

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
  • Options
    Count me in for 10. Send me your paypal address.
  • Options
    Sounds great!

Count me in as well. Just pm me with your paypapal.

Larry
    Dabigkahuna
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭
    I suggested this in the message section along with my contribution............

"Why not give those who contribute to the cost a 1 week heads up or preview of the FOI findings??"

That would be the real capitalist way to do it.
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    If you still need some dough, count me in for $10.00 - I will have to pay by paypal so PM your paypal address. I like this kind of stuff!!!!

Jeff

P.S. Just a heads up on that microsoft live search deal. There is currently a set of 2 MS 70 (NGC) gold spouse coins for sale on Ebay for $995.00. It is a Martha Washington and an Abigail Adams. Once you take the 20% off it is a pretty good deal. Is there any reason a person wouldnt jump at that opportunity? The seller initially had the two coins as separate auctions and I emailed him to group them together as to maximize the cashback offer.

• Options

<< <i>I suggested this in the message section along with my contribution............

"Why not give those who contribute to the cost a 1 week heads up or preview of the FOI findings??"

That would be the real capitalist way to do it. >>

I was thinking of something like that...
  • Options
    Lope... I'm in also... please PM me your paypal info.
    And thanks for getting info in 1st place.

Darryl
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    A long time reader and fan of this board. A first time post.
    Please send me your PP address so I can send you some
    $$ to help in your costs. Thank you.
  • Options

<< <i>A long time reader and fan of this board. A first time post.
    Please send me your PP address so I can send you some
    $$ to help in your costs. Thank you. >>

image to the boards NewPlatinum!

I would be glad to send you the info if you turn on your Private Message function.
    It can be changed by clicking the "profile" button at the top of the screen.
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards NewPlatinum and generous first post.
  • Options
    Thank you. PM is now enabled.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Lope,

PM me your address and I will send you some $$.

I would just as soon send it directly to you rather than letting PayPal any part of it but if you feel more comfortable using PP (sounds like something a toddler calls his @#*@%@), I will send it that way.

By the way, did you request their rates for doing the FOI? Generally, they are suppose to be reasonable and nominal as not to discourage people from seeking the information but at the same time keep crack-pots from abusing the system.

I wonder if you would have to file another FIO to have them itemize and document the cost to do the search.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Send me your address or paypal and I will get some $$$ off to you.
    Steve
  • Options
    I will also contribute. Send me your paypal. Thanks
    Todd
  • Options
    Guys, lets get this 5,000 Post business out of the way before 5:00PM, ok?
  • Options
    9 more needed
  • Options
    i can send some money, send me your address. thanks for doing this!!
  • Options
    can I cheat to get to 5000? Maybe I should do a daily dump... How cool would that be?
  • Options
    Pm sent to lope208
  • Options
    Hmmm... think you should do the dump...
  • Options
    yeah, me too.
  • Options
    I will do a major dump tonight
  • Options
    thanks again lope for all your work
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    5000 and rolling
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file