Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• << <i>Try this link

I think that is great compared to this submission

>250 coins and not a single 70 image
    WOW image >>

<
    Is PCGS back to no 70's because of milk spots?
  • jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    "Is PCGS back to no 70's because of milk spots?"

IF the perceived reality is that this is the case, then doesn't that undermine PCGS' reputation as THE premier grading service?

• stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    Why isnt Tony buying my 2008obv/2007rev coins on Ebay? with that 10% thing he could get my MS69s for <400 and my MS70 for less than 650.00? Where are you? The reason why I am posting this is because these things are getting tougher and tougher to sell, so I am of the opinion that the demand has slowed not the supply. Ihave had more trouble selling this coin than any other modern piece.

Jeff
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Try this link

I think that is great compared to this submission

250 coins and not a single 70 image
    WOW image >>

There are 2 rev. 70 on the bottom ...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

• << <i>Why isnt Tony buying my 2008obv/2007rev coins on Ebay? with that 10% thing he could get my MS69s for <400 and my MS70 for less than 650.00? Where are you? The reason why I am posting this is because these things are getting tougher and tougher to sell, so I am of the opinion that the demand has slowed not the supply. Ihave had more trouble selling this coin than any other modern piece.

Jeff >>

Dude, I just bought another 70 yesterday. If you want me to buy, you have to tell me which coin you're selling! I'm currently more interested in 70's now. As for the 69's, call around. You'll get better deals that way!

EDIT: DOH! There's a 70 for only $725!!! But the cash back program is only 10%!!! DRAT!!!!!

EDIT to EDIT: In latest Coin World, Coast to Coast selling raw for $599. Chattanooga selling 70's (non-ER) for $899. There was a letter to the editor where someone says that he'll wait till this coins drops, and then he'll buy.
  • Wow, things seem really dead around here. OK, well, it looks like the raws and the 69's have stabilized. I'm not so sure about the 70's though, especially for the non-ER's.

I think that once people find that the prices aren't gonna go any lower, we should see a nice bounce. Then...it should hold pretty stable and increase at a reasonable pace. image

Does anyone have stats? How about with the prices? Any more info about this coin?

Still waiting for cash back to go back to 25%.... image I've got a nice Kruggerand I've been eyeing (as does everyone else, I'm sure), and that $725 70-ER is still available!
  • Another reason for the slow down this week is because its a long weekend...the 4th of July falls on a Friday and a lot of sellers are thinking people wont be online checking out Ebay until they come back from the 3 day weekend. Or i could be just completely off and its the supplies just drying out. Im hoping for the latter scenario.image
  • Does anyone ever wonder what the hell Tony is going to do once 2009 rolls around? I'm talking about AFTER he's done flipping, which he SHOULD be once the Microsoft cash back is over....after he's got what he wants to hold longterm? I have, about 195 times...SOOOO, with THAT...........I have to ask.......

Tony, what do you plan on doing, numismatically (not Ebayin', MS cash-backin', Ebay flippin', dealer emailin', dealer phone callin', snail mailin' the Fed Gov't...think that covers it), AFTER this coin becomes whatever it's going to become? It's simply NOT POSSIBLE to buy, flip, buy more, flip more, etc, the same coin for however long you stay active in the hobby. Or, am I wrong? IS it possible??? Hypothetically speaking, IF it were possible, I could only imagine the most anally retentive neat-freak, so on edge ,to the point of paranoia, borderline Dahmerish...WAY more focused to the point of losing more than just focus than Vammers and die-marriage collectors (just kidding.....you guys/gals can take a common Morgan and make it a pop 1/0, or cherry that R8 die marriage)....thats cool, you have options like die state, markers, etc. JUST ONE COIN? NAHHHHH, not even you, Tony....so, what are you planning on next....serious question, honestly, I'm curious what series you put your profits to?????
  • Had to edit my prior message due to fumbling around, and as luck would have it, managed to get my cursor over 'Reply to thread', then managed to hit 'enter' in mid sentence.

But, honestly, after the jokes and kidding around are done, I'm wondering what series he goes after. Personally, realizing he could be OCD very easily (yes, I am, also, I guess, and so are all of you, to one extent or another), I think a short, complete series.....modern.......perhaps SBA. Tony, what are you thinking is your next foray? And, what series do YOU all think he should, or will, tackle? I am gonna make me a poll, as a matter of fact....but honestly, Tony, have you even thought about other series, or taken an interest in any other series? Honestly, I aint kidding around, or trying to dump on/pitch under-the-bus/diss Tony in ANY way...I really am this curious and interested.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    all this bashing of and obsessing about Tony is getting old really fast.. getting?.. it got old a week ago.. give it a rest.. allow the guy a little pleasure, guys.. yeah, i'll defend him, since no one else will, although i don't think there's any need to, because he hasn't committed any crimes that deserve the kind of bashing he's getting day after day..

and hey, Mr. Simmons.. you Edited a posting.. that's a capital offense when Tony does it.. so fair's fair.. reel that tongue in.. empty your pockets, put your hands on the roof of the car, and assume the position..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • I explained truthfully why it HAD to be edited....it wasnt finished and buttons got hit. Also, I am in NO way attacking Tony. He and I have swapped PM's and I am certain that Tony IS genuinely this excited about this coin. Thusly, I am honestly curious as to what direction he will go next.
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    What's the big deal about editing a post?

I've edited half of mine, almost always because I notice I mispelled a word after I see it in the thread....

or, because I think I could have been more clear on something.

How is that a no no?????

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

John.. it's not a no-no, but Tony, who is relatively new here, has been singled-out and constantly pummelled by some people for whatever reason they might have.. even for Editing his postings. just scroll back and waste some time reading the treatment he's gotten.. totally undeserved, as far as I'm concerned.. i've Edited tons of postings, no one's ever said word one to me about it.. i've PMd with him and he seems like a nice guy to me.. if i was a full-time dealer, he's the kind of customer I'd want to have.. enthusiastic, and with a yearn to learn..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • What's the big deal about editing a post?

Absolutely Nothing! It is still America, last time I checked.

Some here never changed their mind, so they expect the rest of us to do the same....lol!

• numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

I just noticed this massive thread. Amazing. Could someone please summarize for me? I don't have 3 months to read each post. Thanks.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a thread search on the mian page. Someone started a thread that summarizes this thread. image
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, back on topic...

IMHO, it appears that the low mintage along with the brisk sales of the past month+, it seems perhaps, just maybe, showing signs that the coins are being readily absorbed by the collecting community. READ, not flippers.

Mini hoards are starting to dry up, and the coin's true scarcity is beginning to manifest.

Auction listings are WAY fewer than the last month. Prices seem to be bottoming.

I would buy now while the price is low...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Meanwhile, back on topic...

IMHO, it appears that the low mintage along with the brisk sales of the past month+, it seems perhaps, just maybe, showing signs that the coins are being readily absorbed by the collecting community. READ, not flippers.

Mini hoards are starting to dry up, and the coin's true scarcity is beginning to manifest.

Auction listings are WAY fewer than the last month. Prices seem to be bottoming.

I would buy now while the price is low... >>

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>all this bashing of and obsessing about Tony is getting old really fast.. getting?.. it got old a week ago.. give it a rest.. allow the guy a little pleasure, guys.. yeah, i'll defend him, since no one else will, although i don't think there's any need to, because he hasn't committed any crimes that deserve the kind of bashing he's getting day after day..

and hey, Mr. Simmons.. you Edited a posting.. that's a capital offense when Tony does it.. so fair's fair.. reel that tongue in.. empty your pockets, put your hands on the roof of the car, and assume the position.. >>

This thread has tired legs .... if nothing to add about 2008/07s..than take a time out from posting image
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who knows the words to "Kumbaya" ?

HE>I

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I'm happy for Tony personally. He has the guts to go out and find these deals and is making money doing it. I wish I had the money to do what he is doing!

I don't mind this thread going on for the whole year, it is the only thing going on right now!

• << <i>Had to edit my prior message due to fumbling around, and as luck would have it, managed to get my cursor over 'Reply to thread', then managed to hit 'enter' in mid sentence.

But, honestly, after the jokes and kidding around are done, I'm wondering what series he goes after. Personally, realizing he could be OCD very easily (yes, I am, also, I guess, and so are all of you, to one extent or another), I think a short, complete series.....modern.......perhaps SBA. Tony, what are you thinking is your next foray? And, what series do YOU all think he should, or will, tackle? I am gonna make me a poll, as a matter of fact....but honestly, Tony, have you even thought about other series, or taken an interest in any other series? Honestly, I aint kidding around, or trying to dump on/pitch under-the-bus/diss Tony in ANY way...I really am this curious and interested. >>

That's a very good question. I might finish out the entire ASE series, all NGC 69's. After that...yeah, maybe some easy to finish set...I don't know about SBA's though...it'll have to be something that speaks to me. Something not too expensive. While I'd love to collect Morgans...it's just too expensive for me. Maybe Ike dollars....who knows. I'll figure it out when I get there. I still have a lot to learn about coins. image

• << <i>I'm happy for Tony personally. He has the guts to go out and find these deals and is making money doing it. I wish I had the money to do what he is doing!

I don't mind this thread going on for the whole year, it is the only thing going on right now! >>

Well, only time will tell how much or if I even make money. There's still a lot of risk involved with these deals that I'm making. I have to wait for a seller's shipment to arrive quickly so that I can send it to Chattanooga and I have to on Chattanooga to honor its price. I have to count on some sellers on delivering their gold coins. I have to rely on gold prices to be stable for the next week or two. And I need Microsoft to honor its cash back program.

It's not quite a done deal yet....but at the very least, it's been exciting. image

<< <i>There are only 120 listings now
    58 are buy it now (half of them)
    20 will end by tonight
    You figure out the numbers >>

115 listings now
    43 buy it now
    25 ending today

numbers are dropping-------should be under 100 by tonight

Still buyers out there

Prices seem to have firmed up and should stay that way as these coins are absorbed into the market.

<< <i>I'm happy for Tony personally. He has the guts to go out and find these deals and is making money doing it. I wish I had the money to do what he is doing!

I don't mind this thread going on for the whole year, it is the only thing going on right now! >>

indeed.. on a once-in-a-many years opportunity like the 08/07s.. those who got huge shipments of them from the Mint should get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground for having that kind of luck.. i had no such luck.. and certainly didn't have the kind of money to place an order for a hundred or more and hope to get lucky.. probably missed that chance by about a week.. floating $2600.00 for a hundred of them on a chance is something i just wasn't prepared to do.. maybe i should have.. who knows.. but the ones i do have (NGC MS69 ERs).. i got when the getting was good.. for a fraction of the current price other people are paying.. what i paid for all four of them, already slabbed.. would buy one now.. i probably should have grabbed a couple 70s when they were "cheap".. but that opportunity is long gone..

this is Shirley the most umm.. "interesting" coin adventure i've had in a long time.. no one knows where prices are going to go.. but the fewer dealers who have them, the fewer eBay auctions and fixed-price listings there are, the more Press coverage it gets, the better..

i got the latest CW in yesterday's mail.. Coast to Coast is still advertising a $675.00 sell price, but the $600.00 Buy price which ran in their ads in three consecutive issues of CW and NN has vanished from the little box in their huge display ad.. replaced with "prices are volatile, call for current price"..

Harv

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    So far, the known numbers are considerably less than 47,000.

Great work with the graphs jessewvu !

Got the spelling of your nickname right & edited it!image
  • I'm looking to buy back a few at lower prices, but I'm not sure if we have seen the low point here.

Numbers of listings are dropping due to Holiday Weekend, yet prices do not seem to be rising.

During Memorial Day Weekend, we got down to only 9 PCGS FS coins for sale and prices were near $750 for the MS69 FS PCGS. image

Just my own observation for what it is worth.

two PCGS MS70 (neither FS).. 08/07s sold on TeleTrade last night..

this one

and

this other one

both sold for $1600.00 each.. plus 12% juice.. (soon to be raised to 15% juice, if that hasn't happened already).. no tax, since the price was over $1000.00, but shipping based on the Insured value.. so total price to whoever bought them, somewhere around $1800.00.. they were probably consigned by the same seller since their serial numbers are two digits apart.. a far cry from the MS70 FS someone is trying to sell on eBay for over five grand.. but still, more than double what NGC MS70s go for on eBay.. you can interpret this any way you want to..

TeleTrade has a new perks program called "Gold Rewards".. if you're registered there, you already got an email about it.. if you're not, it's all over their Web site.. the more you buy, the more points you rack up, and can cash in for freebies.. and the points DO expire after six months or something.. i'm not pimping for them, just relaying the information.. since i've been registered with them since 2001, they gave me 2500 points for my past winning history, i suppose.. i could cash those out right now for two free 2009 Red books.. (1250 points each)..

if you go on a bidding / winning frenzy and rack up 99,500 points, you can cash it out for a Gold Buffalo or a 1 oz. AGE.. there are a bunch of other "rewards" in between those two.. so if you've been with them for a long time, check your account and maybe they gave you some free points to start with..

again, you can make of that rewards program whatever you will.. bearing in mind TANSTAAFL..

disclaimer: i have absolutely NO affiliation of any kind with TeleTrade except as a customer..

Harv
    The way I see it is after all the hype dies down, after the slow Summer months due to vacations, holidays and the state of the Economy ... after all this levels off and a fairly accurate count is arrived at, we then will see what this coin is or is not worth.

It's still much to early to tell but no matter how we slice & dice it, the sum total of ALL KNOWN to exist is far less than the 47,000 estimated. Naturally there are still many sitting in original presentation cases complete with COA. Rather than give them away just put them away and let time/ supply & demand & the fast approaching Holidays work for those that are holding.

I managed to obtain a total of 4 and still have 2. I owe a great big Thank you to Lope, DaBigKahuna and eBay for the discount. I'm OK where I stand at present thanx to all of the aforementioned and will in all likelihood, keep the other 2 (1 holdered and the other Original) for the long haul.

Even considering working one to look like this compliments of simply keeping it in the right kind of envelope. No chemicals involved at all. Not even a dip - just Time.

These were taken a considerable time ago and I'm sure have progressed to be even nicer today.

Using OTT Lamps

imageimage

Using low wattage clear bulbs and a couple inexpensive gooseneck type lamps, also taken quite some time ago.

imageimage

<< <i>

Even considering working one to look like this compliments of simply keeping it in the right kind of envelope. No chemicals involved at all. Not even a dip - just Time.

These were taken a considerable time ago and I'm sure have progressed to be even nicer today.

>>

were they in those little 2 x 2" light brown manila coin envelopes?.. if not, what kind of envelope?.. very pretty.. Mr. Anaconda would give you a pat on the back..
    i have some BU clad 1980s Kennedy Halves that for some unknown reason i found amongst my late Mom's possessions when she passed away three years ago.. they're in those little 2 x 2" light brown manila coin envelopes and all of them are starting to develop color.. nothing as spectacular as those ASEs.. and i don't have a proper lighting setup to shoot accurate pictures of them.. but i chalk it up to the reaction of high Sulfur-content paper and a few decades.. i have a couple raw ASEs (non-Ws).. maybe i should tuck them into those envelopes and wait twenty years.. heh..

when the first Brass Bucks came out in 2000, i put one on aluminum foil and stuck it in the oven at 350f for about half an hour.. turned a lovely shade of purple.. i don't make a hobby out of artificially toning coins.. but others had talked about doing it with those, so i thought i'd try it and see what happens..
    Being these are basically Pure Silver they will tone at a more accelerated pace than a 90% silver coin.

The envelopes are your basic coin envelopes. Just place your coin inside and forget about it.

Time does the rest. No effort at all.

• << <i>both sold for $1600.00 each.. plus 12% juice >>

Aren't those geing sold for CONSIDERABLY more on ebay? (PCGS 70s) Man, if I knew about it, I would have bought both and sold them on ebay. Or, I could have kept both. image

OK, on another matter, I bought a set of ASE UNC about a month ago. I recently checked them out and several have milk spots and one has a pretty obvious scratch on the obverse. I asked the seller for an exchange. He said that he was planning to do a drop ship of another set for another customer, but he could do it to me instead. I would have to ship that customer my current set. Then, the seller would drop ship the new set to me. However, I still wouldn't even know the quality of the other set. They could be better, the same, or worse. If they're the same or even worse, then I'd be exactly in the same situation as I am now. Also, he said that if I don't go that way, it could take months before he could get me another set, and I'd have to pay for shipping both ways. Oh, and these were all NGC 69's. He said that NGC grading standards really isn't that geat. image

Any thoughts as to how I can deal with this? Also, I didn't go through ebay or paypal for this transaction.

<< <i>

<< <i>both sold for $1600.00 each.. plus 12% juice >>

Aren't those geing sold for CONSIDERABLY more on ebay? (PCGS 70s) Man, if I knew about it, I would have bought both and sold them on ebay. Or, I could have kept both. image >>

if you can handle the "juice" (buyer's fee.. you have to factor that into your bids..) .. and the tax (if it applies.. in the case of these two coins, there'd be no sales tax, even in the States whre they charge it, since they both went for over $1000.00..).. and what can often be expensive shipping.. you can score some deals on TeleTrade, then flip them on eBay.. where, like i said, most bidders don't even know TeleTrade exists.. you just have to adjust your mind to the TeleTrade way of bidding, which is radically different than the eBay way.. but they have EVERY lot in their possession.. so you also don't have to deal with some schmoo somewhere and wonder when he's going to ship it, or lousy feedback, or any of the whole eBay experience.. all things being equal, i've seen identical coins go for MUCH more money on TeleTrade than on eBay, and other times, vice-versa..

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>both sold for $1600.00 each.. plus 12% juice >>

Aren't those geing sold for CONSIDERABLY more on ebay? (PCGS 70s) Man, if I knew about it, I would have bought both and sold them on ebay. Or, I could have kept both. image >>

if you can handle the "juice" (buyer's fee.. you have to factor that into your bids..) .. and the tax (if it applies.. in the case of these two coins, there'd be no sales tax, even in the States whre they charge it, since they both went for over $1000.00..).. and what can often be expensive shipping.. you can score some deals on TeleTrade, then flip them on eBay.. where, like i said, most bidders don't even know TeleTrade exists.. you just have to adjust your mind to the TeleTrade way of bidding, which is radically different than the eBay way.. but they have EVERY lot in their possession.. so you also don't have to deal with some schmoo somewhere and wonder when he's going to ship it, or lousy feedback, or any of the whole eBay experience.. all things being equal, i've seen identical coins go for MUCH more money on TeleTrade than on eBay, and other times, vice-versa.. >>

PCGS 70's have been going for AT LEAST $2400! 2400-1600-200(juice)-200(ebay fees)=$400 per coin!
    so Tony.. go sign up on TeleTrade.. it costs nothing to join.. read how bidding works there.. they do a Sunday auction, a Monday auction, and a Wednesday auction every week.. every lot in every auction starts and closes at exactly the same time (3pm to 10pm ET, or noon to 6pm PT).. every coin they've ever sold is still online and searchable.. well i'm not gonna sit here and explain their whole operation.. you can read image .. you join, you automatically get a personal "Track and bid" page (which can hold a maximum of 100 or 120 lots, or something like that).. search all their upcoming auctions, narrow down what you're interested in, smack the blue button to add it to your "Track and bid" page.. wait for the auction or bid ahead of time.. just read their site for the way it works, the fees, and so on.. they DO take returns with a small re-stocking fee and they're not some kitchen table operation.. they also have a table at all the main national coin shows.. you can't buy anything at their booth, but you can drool on the stuff they have on display.. lots for upcoming auctions, and you can consign stuff to them in person.. check their site for what shows they attend.. just go and read everything you can and if there's anything you don't understand, give'em a call.. they'll answer anything you might wanna know about how they operate..

disclaimer: park and lock it. not responsible..
  • I'll have to check it out. If I can get PCGS 70's for 1800...that like a 25% discount (based on lowest ebay prices). That'd be nice. image
  • 2008-W SAE,Rev 07 - updated stats (as of 6/30/08)
  • I know that I'm still a newbie, but I've gotta say, the price of this coin is actually holding up OK. For raws and 69's, the high was what, about $550 or so? Now, it's at about $450.

As for 70's ER, it was about $900-$1000? Now, it's holding at around $775 or so. I don't know about you guys, but I think that's actually not too bad. I remember when I was in the stock market, I had one stock (my company stock) that went from $10 to $0.25 in the course of several years.

So, if it does stabilize at the prices....actually, I just had another thought...I think the prices are actually bouncing back right now. I remember that the raws actually went down to $425 a few times. I think that there are A LOT of people who want to get in, but they're just waiting for the price to bottom out. I think that everyone knows how rare and special this coin is. They're just trying to bargain hunt right now. I predict a bounce soon (I believe it's already started...IMHO). image
    I keep reading about the prices of these coins and how they are holding pretty firm now - I cant give these d%$# things away. I offered NGC MS69s the other day for $410.00 per coin and was flat out rejected. I also had a NGC MS70 up for sale for three weeks now at $729.00 (or make offer - which I had an auto accept on at $675.00!) - no dice. For crying out loud $675.00 plus if you use that crazy 10-25% off thing it could well be below $590!!! I have been selling coins for 2 years on ebay and selling PF70 sets of proof Presidents for $180.00 per set is a breeze compared to this ASE!!!

Someone tell me why I cant sell these things and apparently everyone else can!

Jeff
    augubullion

Jeff,
    Just hold on to them for a few months and be patient. It will happen!

• << <i>I keep reading about the prices of these coins and how they are holding pretty firm now - I cant give these d%$# things away. I offered NGC MS69s the other day for $410.00 per coin and was flat out rejected. I also had a NGC MS70 up for sale for three weeks now at $729.00 (or make offer - which I had an auto accept on at $675.00!) - no dice. For crying out loud $675.00 plus if you use that crazy 10-25% off thing it could well be below $590!!! I have been selling coins for 2 years on ebay and selling PF70 sets of proof Presidents for $180.00 per set is a breeze compared to this ASE!!!

Jeff
    augubullion >>

hold on a second. why is it that I haven't seen your listings? OHHH, I think I get it. Your 70 must have been a non-ER, right? Yeah, those have been taking a beating. Call up Chattanooga. They offered me $650 for 70. I still haven't sent in my coins in yet...I hope they're a good business to deal with.

Oh, one more thing. If your NGC 69's are non-ER, I'd suggest you break them out. I think they're going higher as raw.
    Pretty soon I am going to use that darn microsoft 10% thingy and start buying my own stuff over and over!!!! LOL

Just relisted all my MS69s!

Jeff
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I keep reading about the prices of these coins and how they are holding pretty firm now - I cant give these d%$# things away. I offered NGC MS69s the other day for $410.00 per coin and was flat out rejected. I also had a NGC MS70 up for sale for three weeks now at $729.00 (or make offer - which I had an auto accept on at $675.00!) - no dice. For crying out loud $675.00 plus if you use that crazy 10-25% off thing it could well be below $590!!! I have been selling coins for 2 years on ebay and selling PF70 sets of proof Presidents for $180.00 per set is a breeze compared to this ASE!!!

Jeff
    augubullion >>

Sometimes, ya just can't force the sales, I've tried that and it don't always work as planned, better to just put up no reserve auctions instead, when you hit a slump like that. The natural tendancy is to just take a slight loss off the current sales for example offering at 410.00 figuring they would get snapped up, however, buyers then figure they can snap up an auction for maybe lower and simply hold on yours if it's a multiple item auction. So sometimes all that does is spot the going rate...My 2 cents...
  • It would be interesting if we could get a statistical "dump" from jessewvu to see what the trend has been over the last couple of weeks in order to determine exactly how much prices have been softening. I think it might be useful information in trying to navigate future mint product frenzies and their price cycles.
    still waiting for the Mint to respond to that FOIA request about.. well we all know what it was about, don't we?.. it's been well over 20 business days since it was submitted, hasn't it?.. that could really change some dynamics depending on how they respond.. if they respond with "We made 47,000 and that's all we have to say about that" kind of answer.. then it won't change anything, in which case, i think some more folks should submit one.. pummel them with FOIA requests until we get the truth out of them.. if they even know the truth.. to badly paraphrase Jack Nicholson..

Editing the evil 666rd posting to remove the horribly off-topic part about the change in the PCGS Gold and Platinum "club" memberships.. (check yer email if you've got one..) .. there's already another thread started about that..

Edited again.. this is strange, posting #666 turned into #668 after i Edited it.. maybe this will turn it into #669?..

Harv
    oh good grief that was 666nd posting.. Mom! Dad! it's evil! don't touch it!.. {{ka-BOOM!}}..
  • TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭

<< <i>oh good grief that was 666nd posting.. Mom! Dad! it's evil! don't touch it!.. {{ka-BOOM!}}.. >>

Hehe...I didn't think anyone else watched Time Bandits...great flick.
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It would be interesting if we could get a statistical "dump" from jessewvu to see what the trend has been over the last couple of weeks in order to determine exactly how much prices have been softening. I think it might be useful information in trying to navigate future mint product frenzies and their price cycles. >>

I think he provides "dumps" on Tuesdays.image
  • almost there.... I can see 4600 coming soon
  • SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file