Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4601 image
  • Jeez, the number of NGC 70 ER's are dwindling (on ebay). I really hope that cash back program ramps up to 25% again, otherwise, I wouldn't know where to get another one!
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    This thread has been around for about 10 weeks now.
    Being fairly new here, I was just wondering if there is another thread that has reached a 4600+ post count in this amount of time without a bunch of "+1s"?

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jeez, the number of NGC 70 ER's are dwindling (on ebay). I really hope that cash back program ramps up to 25% again, otherwise, I wouldn't know where to get another one! >>

It may just be a bad weekend for listing.

I have 5 on their way back that will go up when I receive them. (Saturday or Monday).

I think you will see an increse in listings on Sat-Mon.

Joe

Happy 4th to all image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    There were some great deals yesterday while most people were thinking of the holiday and some more are going off today. One sold for under $400 including shipping. Those sales yesterday were by relative newcomers to ebay.

Get these while you can at these cheap prices.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    R. I. P.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

Its been a good ride image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • The ride is far from over.image
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>The ride is far from over.image >>

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Boom

Soooo...boom must be short for KA-BOOM..............happy 4th image

imageimage
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Non First Strike went for 689.00 + shipping, Way to go Bigkahuna, the ride is all a matter of perception, I'm an optomist, and thanks to halfhunter for making the summer more funner, as my kids would say...image

<< <i>Non First Strike went for 689.00 + shipping, Way to go Bigkahuna, the ride is all a matter of perception, I'm an optomist, and thanks to halfhunter for making the summer more funner, as my kids would say...image >>

Link???
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MW Proof FS 70 1/2 ounce Gold

2008 with 2007 Reverse ASE MS 70

Just some random sampling comparing one to the other
    I haven't posted here for a few days, but I'm still curious image

HE>I

• I now realize why Bill Gates left Microsoft...Tony started making a dent!! lol Tony, I bet you squeezed more of those 10%, 25% cashbacks than anyone. You got the most of THAT offer, I tell ya! image's to you!

In the words of Chazz Michael Michaels, 'it's mindbottling'.

• << <i>I now realize why Bill Gates left Microsoft...Tony started making a dent!! lol Tony, I bet you squeezed more of those 10%, 25% cashbacks than anyone. You got the most of THAT offer, I tell ya! image's to you!

In the words of Chazz Michael Michaels, 'it's mindbottling'. >>

Heheh....I've watching 3 or 4 Kruggerands, American Eagles, Maple Leaves...I've also got a couple of $750 and $775 70's that I'm looking at. I've got a contact who'll pay up to $730 for one. If the cashback program goes up to 20% or higher again, I'm immediately calling my contact, sell him my 70, and immediately replace the one I just sold with the one on ebay, $750 one, using the 20% cash back...I'm just waiting now.... image
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I now realize why Bill Gates left Microsoft...Tony started making a dent!! lol Tony, I bet you squeezed more of those 10%, 25% cashbacks than anyone. You got the most of THAT offer, I tell ya! image's to you!

In the words of Chazz Michael Michaels, 'it's mindbottling'. >>

Heheh....I've watching 3 or 4 Kruggerands, American Eagles, Maple Leaves...I've also got a couple of $750 and $775 70's that I'm looking at. I've got a contact who'll pay up to $730 for one. If the cashback program goes up to 20% or higher again, I'm immediately calling my contact, sell him my 70, and immediately replace the one I just sold with the one on ebay, $750 one, using the 20% cash back...I'm just waiting now.... image >>

Don't forget to report your profit to the IRS on all these coins you are selling and don't forget to report your sales tax for any items sold within your state.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Non First Strike went for 689.00 + shipping, Way to go Bigkahuna, the ride is all a matter of perception, I'm an optomist, and thanks to halfhunter for making the summer more funner, as my kids would say...image >>

Link??? >>

Ok Dokeylink

<< <i>

<< <i>

Link??? >>

Ok Dokeylink >>

• << <i>Don't forget to report your profit to the IRS on all these coins you are selling and don't forget to report your sales tax for any items sold within your state. >>

I'm not sure I understand. Which coins are you referring to? image

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't forget to report your profit to the IRS on all these coins you are selling and don't forget to report your sales tax for any items sold within your state. >>

I'm not sure I understand. Which coins are you referring to? image >>

Tony, better check with your accountant!!!! image
  • NHSBaseballNHSBaseball Posts: 2,470
    Y'know, I almost bumped this from the earlier thread just to be a smart-aleck, but I see Goldbully beat me to it!
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't forget to report your profit to the IRS on all these coins you are selling and don't forget to report your sales tax for any items sold within your state. >>

Tony, better check with your accountant!!!! image >>

Actually, my name really isn't Tony. It's Esmeralda. I'm actually not a 33 yearl old Chinese American man, I'm a 76 year old Bolivian woman. I'm not actually in California. I'm in La Paz. And I don't actually collect coins, I raise yakhs.

Que? Lo siento, pero no entiendo ingles.... image
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget to report your profit to the IRS on all these coins you are selling and don't forget to report your sales tax for any items sold within your state.
    >>

Yes, don't forget to report ALL your PURCHASES, from out of state, on your State Tax and PAY your state tax on those purchases.

• seatedcoinsseatedcoins Posts: 1,096
    Since I am probably the only CU member who hasn't posted to this thread I'd like to add a +1 to it.
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin

• << <i> I'm a 76 year old Bolivian woman >>

Esmeralda welcome to the PCGS boards....do you have any single ,beautiful grand daughters between 25-30 that i can meet who's into coins? Otherwise nevermind...image
    Today's listings on ebay.

103 listed for sale

15 ending tonight

45 buy it now

There are getting to be more buy it now's listed at higher prices and more starting prices which are higher.

There is a slightly toned coin going off in a couple of hours for $160.75 right now.

Have a great day everyone.

• His feedback is 98.9 though and he doesn't show the reverse of the coin though he said he will mail it to the ones that inquired...guess he is trying to save .15cents for the additional photo.image..but to those who takes chances they say....image

<< <i>

Ok Dokeylink >>

image >>

when i first saw this on my smart phone, i didn't click through and thought geeze, an MS70 went that cheap?.. (can't see where the link goes on the phone's Browser).. so upon arising, i clicked on it on the computer and image it's "just" an MS69.. so much for "it was a fun ride".. "prices are falling".. "they'll be in dealers' junk boxes by Xmas".. and all that other delightful but meaningless nonsense..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    It's a free country, say what you want, but you are very wrong in this case.

No takers on that $160.75 coin on the bay,
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a free country, say what you want, but you are very wrong in this case.

No takers on that $160.75 coin on the bay, >>

Only cause I didn't see it!
    Sold for $282
  • With the enormous profit on these coins,is it really necessary to also tack on shipping charges.Wouldn't free shipping make the coin more inviting to potential bidders?
    Most of these sellers are not making a huge profit as they are secondary sellers.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Tony, better check with your accountant!!!! image >>

Actually, my name really isn't Tony. It's Esmeralda. I'm actually not a 33 yearl old Chinese American man, I'm a 76 year old Bolivian woman. I'm not actually in California. I'm in La Paz. And I don't actually collect coins, I raise yakhs.

Que? Lo siento, pero no entiendo ingles.... image >>

tony ..in my best guess , your age is under 18....best to pay up any taxes image

• << <i>tony ..in my best guess , your age is under 18....best to pay up any taxes image >>

image Hm...you're right. I'm just a teenager. Do teenagers pay taxes? I don't believe so. image

• << <i>

<< <i>tony ..in my best guess , your age is under 18....best to pay up any taxes image >>

image Hm...you're right. I'm just a teenager. Do teenagers pay taxes? I don't believe so. image >>

Hmm, lets see, I worked at KFC at age 16 and I paid taxes I can guarantee you that. What the heck do you mean teenagers don't pay taxes?

Don't forget to edit your response.
  • Allright, fine. I have a confession to make. I've been lying this whole time. I've neither bought nor sold any coins. There's nothing to report to the IRS. Happy now?
  • Don't worry about it Tony.Like all these other posters really report all thier sales to the IRS.image
  • This thread is turning into how to get TonyKwoo... like how the IRS got Al Capone. Like if we can't get Tony for editing or thinking out loud ...lets get him like Al Capone....Taxes!
    Tony your last name would not happen to be Soprano would it?image
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread is turning into how to get TonyKwoo... like how the IRS got Al Capone. Like if we can't get Tony for editing or thinking out loud ...lets get him like Al Capone....Taxes!
    Tony your last name would not happen to be Soprano would it?image >>

WOO !!!! WOOO!!!image
    LISTINGS FOR TODAY

110 for sale

34 ending tonight

49 buy it now

61 true auctions
  • SaamSaam Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    Has anybody asked the mint to verify how many of these really got out of the mint? The price would go up if it were proved there were less than 47,000! Surely the mint found some in their inventory, which they probably destroyed.

<< <i>Has anybody asked the mint to verify how many of these really got out of the mint? The price would go up if it were proved there were less than 47,000! Surely the mint found some in their inventory, which they probably destroyed. >>

one of the regular participants of this thread filed a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).. request with the Mint a few weeks ago.. asking exactly that question.. response is supposed to take 20 business days.. so far, no response.. a lot could hinge on what the Mint has to say, unless they don't say anything new.. if you read the FOIA rules, there are at least ten ways a gumint entity can weasel out of answering it.. i suspect they'll try to use one of those, but who knows until he gets their response.. but that doesn't stop 20398203940293481 other people from filing one also..

i don't know how many people actually believe 47,000 got out.. i'd hazard a guess that those people would be in the minority.. i don't believe 47,000 got out.. as to if there are any more lurking int he bins in Memphis.. there are only a couple ways to find out - ask the Mint, and they'll probably say "no", or place a huge order and see what you get.. however it's entirely possible there are many hundreds lurking in collections, bought as singles, whatever, and their owners aren't even aware of this error.. the denizens of these boreds are jacked-in.. so are full-timem dealers.. the general public or casual buyer who doesn't keep up with the Numismatic press isn't..

as to if they found more in inventory (in Memphhis, from where they ship) and destroyed them.. well.. we'll never know.. by now they Shirley know what these coins are going for.. it wouldn't be that difficult, if they found more, to just switcheroo them for normal 08/08s and keep them for themselves or buy them from their own inventory, then re-sell them.. maybe i shouldn't say "never know".. the truth may eventually come out, but who knows how long it'll take?..

Harv
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anybody asked the mint to verify how many of these really got out of the mint? The price would go up if it were proved there were less than 47,000! Surely the mint found some in their inventory, which they probably destroyed. >>

one of the regular participants of this thread filed a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).. request with the Mint a few weeks ago.. asking exactly that question.. response is supposed to take 20 business days.. so far, no response.. a lot could hinge on what the Mint has to say, unless they don't say anything new.. if you read the FOIA rules, there are at least ten ways a gumint entity can weasel out of answering it.. i suspect they'll try to use one of those, but who knows until he gets their response.. but that doesn't stop 20398203940293481 other people from filing one also..

i don't know how many people actually believe 47,000 got out.. i'd hazard a guess that those people would be in the minority.. i don't believe 47,000 got out.. as to if there are any more lurking int he bins in Memphis.. there are only a couple ways to find out - ask the Mint, and they'll probably say "no", or place a huge order and see what you get.. however it's entirely possible there are many hundreds lurking in collections, bought as singles, whatever, and their owners aren't even aware of this error.. the denizens of these boreds are jacked-in.. so are full-timem dealers.. the general public or casual buyer who doesn't keep up with the Numismatic press isn't..

as to if they found more in inventory (in Memphhis, from where they ship) and destroyed them.. well.. we'll never know.. by now they Shirley know what these coins are going for.. it wouldn't be that difficult, if they found more, to just switcheroo them for normal 08/08s and keep them for themselves or buy them from their own inventory, then re-sell them.. maybe i shouldn't say "never know".. the truth may eventually come out, but who knows how long it'll take?..

Harv >>

....and please stop calling them Shirley.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • SaamSaam Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Harv >>

Maybe the FOI request needs to come from someone with a lot of clout so they can't ignore the question so easily. I would love to see the major error dealers and pattern collectors push the issue on this coin.

I seriously doubt 47,000 of these got out due to the dwindling number being offered for sale. I also don't think there are any others at the mint or we would have heard about others being found. The last '07 reverse coin I know of that was found in an order from the mint was ordered on 05-07-08.

Thanks for the reply Harv, hopefully whoever filed the FOI request will share their reply with us.
  • Wow, these coins really are getting more and more scarce, day by the day. God, I really want to pick up another 70 ER...
    You had better get it soon as the prices will be going up!!!
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    I've been reading this thread for the past couple of months. I've only been collecting for the past year. (I "fell in love" when I opened my deceased parents safety deposit box.) New to the hobby and computer impaired, please be patient with my attempts to join your discussion. TIA

<< <i>I've been reading this thread for the past couple of months. I've only been collecting for the past year. (I "fell in love" when I opened my deceased parents safety deposit box.) New to the hobby and computer impaired, please be patient with my attempts to join your discussion. TIA >>

image to the jungle image ..

sorry about your Parents.. mine are both gone too.. "Baby Boomer Orphan" so to speak..

would you care to divulge what you found of the coin persuasion when you opened the box?.. leaving out personally-identifiable information, of course.. (don't post such things as your Parents' or your address, phone, email, the name or address of the Bank.. anything that could lead some nefarious evil-doer clues to a path to your door).. just what kind of coins you found..

you may or may not want to click the little [x] subscribe button when you first post to a thread.. that'll cause an email to be sent to you telling you there's a new posting in that or any other thread you decide to [x] subscribe to.. as you've probably already figured out.. this thread has been going on for months and is creeping up on 5000 postings, but you must have some interest in it to end up posting your very first posting here..

don't worry.. tenderfeet are treated gently by the more experienced, most of the time..

Harv

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file