Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 477 ✭✭✭
    then 2000!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2000 ? image
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2000 ? image >>

Replys on this post! Congrats Jesse!
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20/20???

That deserves a hearty "You suck!"
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    20/20?? Care to share the important details?
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>20/20???

That deserves a hearty "You suck!" >>

I know people who do not have that in eye sight image

Have a good one!!!
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    i just opened my fourth and final order of 12 of these. zip, zero. i got some in my first and third order but none in the second and fourth orders.

i really can`t complain as i got 12 in the first and 7 in the third order.

one thing i noticed is the first 3 orders were definitely not picked over. this fourth order definitely WAS picked over, crushed boxes, loose capsules, the coins are spotted(some but not all). i am returning these, it will be the first time i return something to the mint.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to be post 2008.

I have no idea what this thread is even about.
  • Options
    2008.... REVERSE OF 07

MY POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE #2008, MISSED BY ONE
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    2010 a Space Odyssey image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭

Order date: 5/08/08 9:10 PM ........... keeping 0/12
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Jesse!!
    Kinda hard to keep the hands from not shaking as the numbers accumulate, huh?
    Enjoy, it is the lottery after all!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Jesse on his great find!

Thanks also for continuing to post the graphs of 08 reverse 07 sales. The graphs are very informative.
    I remembered that on Monday that you had a more detailed breakdown. Hopefully you will post those on an intermittent basis.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    CONGRATS ! ! !

Looks like you may be one of the last to receive a "good" shipment.

Shipped 4/30 & you're just now receiving them? Registered mail is slower than DHL/USPS!

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    Good News! I finally got my '08/'08s that I ordered back in March and they sent me 5/5 '08/'07s image

So, seeing as how I needed 5 '08/'08s I placed another small order on 5/9

Shipped 5/13, Aisle PD01 and all are Satin finish '08/'08 obv. & rev. All of the '08/'07s from previous order are shiny/shiny.

I'm happy! I got what I need for my 2 collections, + 1 in the box with 2 leftover to sell at will.

I think that the number of these actually distributed by the Mint will be somewhere south of the proclaimed mintage figure of 47K and I believe I will hold mine for a few years to see what happens with the market price. I think they will continue to rise, but probably not more than $1,000 ea.

Congratulations to all of the lucky Mint lottery winners both big and small image

I believe the only way now to acquire the '08/'07s will be on the secondary market.

Cheers! image
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    Congrats DieClash.An order from March and waiting all this time to get them,the anticipation must have been grueling.
  • Options
    Way to go guys.

As I am a glutton for punishment, I placed a few more, but I think the well has run dry.
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats DieClash.An order from March and waiting all this time to get them,the anticipation must have been grueling. >>

Some people return undesirable coins to the Mint when they don't get what they want. I've never returned anything that the Mint shipped. I just reorder until they ship what I want! imageimage
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    I noteced that the price of this coin (2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse) is selling between $300.00 to $350.00
    which are graded by NGC as MS-69.
    1. will this price stay in this range or will it go down in few months?
    2. Are there really these many collectors who want to collect them?
    3. Is the price increase is due the Hypes of some people?
    4. As the US MINT stated that thay minted 47,000 do people think it is lowest mintage and thay cannot get these coins after some time?
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if there are 47,000, where are they?
    I haven't seen anywhere close to that, but maybe I'm not looking close enough.

Stefanie
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I noteced that the price of this coin (2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse) is selling between $300.00 to $350.00
    which are graded by NGC as MS-69.
    1. will this price stay in this range or will it go down in few months?
    2. Are there really these many collectors who want to collect them?
    3. Is the price increase is due the Hypes of some people?
    4. As the US MINT stated that thay minted 47,000 do people think it is lowest mintage and thay cannot get these coins after some time? >>

IMO:
    1) No, it'll go up
    2) Yes
    3) Basic supply & demand
    4) Yes
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH man. I never thought these would bear fruit, BUT

Ord 5/3, ship 5/9: 6 of 12 08/07's

Ord 5/3, ship 5/9: 6 of 12 08/07's

Ord 5/4, ship 5/9: 2 of 12 08/07's

Overall 14 hits out of 36. Some very nice shiner's and mattes.

The lower quantity orders seem to have the advantage. Cheers!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    NICE
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    I wonder if 2008 reverse will be low mintage! image
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Ordered 2 on 5/1, 0 for 2. Maybe the next batch...
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    How many 08/07 coins do " you " have in hand ? image

I have a total of 14 image

Have a good one!!!

TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    How many 08/07 coins do " you " have in hand ?

I have 9, well not in hand.

2 PCGS FS MS69's on route. (should get them today)
    2 at NGC in Quality Control.
    3 on their way to NGC.
    2 Raw.

I bought 4 on eBay and received 5 from Mint.

Joe
  • Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    I have three...but mine were bought 5/3, arrived 5/13, and I only ordered 3...

Naturally, I immediately walked under a ladder, bought a lottery ticket, found a 4-leaf clover, had a bank error in my favor and won a beauty contest...

ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    Just received confirmation my order for six is enroute (fingers crossed). image

The only one I have so far is a single NGC MS69 ER I purchased from Gainesville Coins for $150 when this whole affair started!
    Spare your best friend's life!! Adopt an adult dog at your local "kill" animal shelter. You will be changed.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    216 listed right now, thats up from 140 a few days ago.

Raw they are fetching $300, high res pics a little more.

Apparently the demand is still strong, despite increased listings.

The well will run dry, matter of when.

Regards,
    Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    205 auctions
    -69 60/205 29.3%
    -70 23/205 11.2
    Other 122/205 59.5
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    I have two 08/07 W ASE ER NGC coins. One 69 and one 70 from Gainesville Coins. I am still waiting for my order from the Mint placed on 5/5 and stated shipped on 5/8. Fingers crossed.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I still have 18 including 11 PCGS MS69 and one 70 along with an NGC69 and 70.
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭
    IMO the NGC MS70s are grossly over priced on Ebay.
    They sell for $550-$700 while raw coins are $300.
    Half of all NGC 07/08s graded are MS70.
    Even if 2/3rds of raw coins are prescreened you are better off buying several raw and submitting the best and recycle the rest.

If buying raw I'd go with small individual sellers with only 1-2 for sale and good feedback
    All just my opinion.

P.S. Checking this A.M. there are 242 listings for <<reverse-2007-2008>>.
    Many are listing with multiple coins.
    Thats up from a low of about a low of 112 around 10 days ago.
    This weekend may be the point where prices are tested.
    Will $300 raw hold??
  • Options

<< <i>IMO the NGC MS70s are grossly over priced on Ebay.
    They sell for $550-$700 while raw coins are $300.
    Half of all NGC 07/08s graded are MS70.
    Even if 2/3rds of raw coins are prescreened you are better off buying several raw and submitting the best and recycle the rest.

If buying raw I'd go with small individual sellers with only 1-2 for sale and good feedback
    All just my opinion. >>

Not sure if you are right or wrong about NGC 70's on ebay. However, I guess time will tell. I didn't acquire mine on Ebay because realized prices were higher than I could get from GC.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    13- raw 08/07's

33- 08/07's Ngc ER 69's

5- PCGS first strike 08/07 69's

5- NGC ER 08/07's 70's

and a few straggley mint orders on the way...I need some luck...and a third job... image
  • Options

<< <i>13- raw 08/07's

33- 08/07's Ngc ER 69's

5- PCGS first strike 08/07 69's

5- NGC ER 08/07's 70's

and a few straggley mint orders on the way...I need some luck...and a third job... image >>

You have 56 of these and are asking for luck? image Alrighty then....
  • Options
    I have a measly 6 on thier way to PCGS.
  • Options
    I hope you get a 70 out of them.
  • Options
    I hope so too.I mainly sent them in for protection from those evil milk spots.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope so too.I mainly sent them in for protection from those evil milk spots. >>

I was going to ask why you sent them in since First Strike is not available. Guess a 70 or two would be nice. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Just wanted to say hi to all.....I order on the 05/08/08 and went 0-12. Took a shot
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>216 listed right now, thats up from 140 a few days ago.

Raw they are fetching $300, high res pics a little more.

Apparently the demand is still strong, despite increased listings.

The well will run dry, matter of when.

Regards,
    Scott >>

133 out of 250 are BIN.

• Options
    That's because of 50 cent promotion on ebay. Watch the listings dry up in the next week.
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    i just got off the phone with a US Mint CSR to find out where my order for a whopping two might be.. since it Tracks to Hebron, KY a week ago and nothing after that.. he said Hebron KY is jokingly known as the "Black Hole" of shipments.. just what i wanted to hear.. and on an order of under $300.00 or unless i specifically requested it had to be signed for upon delivery, it's a 'throw it in the (apartment kiosk of 48 maiboxes) mailbox" delivery, not a "bring it to the door for a signature" order.. i just couldn't justify paying an additional ten bucks for over-night delivery on a $56.00 order.. that'll teach me.. but i ordered two on 03 May, and ordered another two on 09 May.. after reading the 2309820398209381 postings here that at this late date, there is more success of getting the 08/07s out of small orders than out of bigger orders, and that generally seeems to be playing out to be the truth..

so my 03 May order is still either sitting in the Black Hole of Hebron, KY, or it has left there and is somewhere.. or not.. or who knows.. the Mint won't consider it MIA and put a Tracer on it until 08 June, 2008.. 30 days after it was shipped.. i'm startin' to think i should have paid the extra ten bucks toll for Fedex overnight.. but, since this whole thing is a spin of the wheel, a roll of the dice, a cut of the cards, the luck of the draw.. i didn't.. i'll just sit here and slowly rot away waiting each day for the mailman..

meanwhile, i am approaching my 500nd post here on these boreds.. and i just wanted to announce that to commemorate that milestone, i plan to do absolutely nothing..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    I ordered one, which was shipped on the 8th. It's been taken by the black hole too. image
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just wanted to say hi to all.....I order on the 05/08/08 and went 0-12. Took a shot >>

Hi

Nice avatar

Ren
  • Options

<< <i>i just got off the phone with a US Mint CSR to find out where my order for a whopping two might be.. since it Tracks to Hebron, KY a week ago and nothing after that.. he said Hebron KY is jokingly known as the "Black Hole" of shipments.. just what i wanted to hear.. and on an order of under $300.00 or unless i specifically requested it had to be signed for upon delivery, it's a 'throw it in the (apartment kiosk of 48 maiboxes) mailbox" delivery, not a "bring it to the door for a signature" order.. i just couldn't justify paying an additional ten bucks for over-night delivery on a $56.00 order.. that'll teach me.. but i ordered two on 03 May, and ordered another two on 09 May.. after reading the 2309820398209381 postings here that at this late date, there is more success of getting the 08/07s out of small orders than out of bigger orders, and that generally seeems to be playing out to be the truth..

so my 03 May order is still either sitting in the Black Hole of Hebron, KY, or it has left there and is somewhere.. or not.. or who knows.. the Mint won't consider it MIA and put a Tracer on it until 08 June, 2008.. 30 days after it was shipped.. i'm startin' to think i should have paid the extra ten bucks toll for Fedex overnight.. but, since this whole thing is a spin of the wheel, a roll of the dice, a cut of the cards, the luck of the draw.. i didn't.. i'll just sit here and slowly rot away waiting each day for the mailman..

meanwhile, i am approaching my 500nd post here on these boreds.. and i just wanted to announce that to commemorate that milestone, i plan to do absolutely nothing..

image >>

Ditto...still waiting for my two ordered 5/5 shipped 5/8 to the Black Hole. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file