Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Damn...Jesse beat me to it.image
  • Options
    Way to go Miles!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up through eight of ten....ALL Reverse of 2007!
    I will think, with Jesse's assistance, hopefully, of how to offer the giveaway of one (Reverse of 2007) 2008-W Silver Eagle!!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    goldman86goldman86 Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    Is it time for a you suck?

Congrats!!!
    The Stealth Ninja
  • Options
    No giveaway to the Board!

Just Keep it!

or , if I may be so bold, donate it to something worth-while, like to Make a Wish, but not to these Board Pirates! ;>

I bought an NGC 2006 W UNC $100 MS69 Plat real cheap, cracked it out made a MS70 at PCGS donated 1/2 my profit to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    did each coin magazine do an article on this already?
    most every dealer must know about it by now... but do all the active
    collectors who read bboards, magazines, and goto shows?

if yes, i am curious to see what happens next. those who want one
    are actively seeking them out, thus prices have been going up or
    stable.

but once the hard core people have one will the other folks find interest in them? will prices remain stable or slowly go up or sink a bit?
  • Options
    I have checked and re-checked because I can't believe this....am I missing something, is this the right year. Here goes..number nine is also the Reverse!
    Maybe I won't look at number ten and that one will remain in the box for a mystery peek one year from today?

Miles
  • Options
    I agree with COINBOY.There are plenty of worthwhile charities to donate too.
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭
    Count me in on the give away!

Anyone get coins today with latter ship dates??
  • Options
    Ten for Ten!
    I will come up with a format for the giveaway and post very soon. What you do with the Reverse of 2007 (if won or found) is up to you!
    For me, I will do a drawing!
    Thank you all for your input and keen eyes.

Miles
  • Options
    Just want to publicly thank Jeff aka Stckplunge on his giveaway for his 100th post on This thread last Thurs.. Whiskerchew a newbie won but there was a random second prize drawing and i won a 2008 ASE w/08 reverse. I know everyone knows what that coin looks like so i just want to let Stckplunge know that the coin is safe and sound guarded by :
    Darth Stewie of Family guy as Darth Vader complete with his laser sword. imageimage
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten 07/08s from any shipments after 5-3-08??
  • Options
    Count me in!

thanks for the chance
  • Options
    My 4 orders that went zilch were ordered on April 30th, shipped May 5th, arrived today May 12th. (11) coins total 2008/2008. It should be noted that one box looked like it had been thrown off a building as the coins were poped out of their holders and rolling around loose in the box out of the plastic air tights. That's right, loose coins!

I have (10) more orders out that I don't expect anything out of
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>I have checked and re-checked because I can't believe this....am I missing something, is this the right year. Here goes..number nine is also the Reverse!
    Maybe I won't look at number ten and that one will remain in the box for a mystery peek one year from today?

Miles >>

Miles- That's how I felt opening my 8 for 8 the other day (order date 4/30). Every one was 07/08 so I started checking them again to make sure I was actually
    getting the 07 reverse and not the 08! Congrats! image
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Count me in as well! Congrats! I was 0 for 10
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ten for Ten! >>

image Miles!

What was the date of your order and the date they shipped?
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Miles, Congrats. Please count my daughter in for the giveaway. thanks, Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ten for Ten! >>

image Miles!

What was the date of your order and the date they shipped? >>

Date of order was the 20th of April and ship date was the 26th out of Memphis. By the slow train, registered.

Miles
  • Options

<< <i>Miles, Congrats. Please count my daughter in for the giveaway. thanks, Jerry >>

No problem Jerry! Have her give it a guess..she may be the most accurate on the medium size Chihuahua!
    And the next generation of numismatists!

Miles
  • Options
    I ordered 2 boxes of 5 coins each on 5/3 and 1 box of 5 on 5/5.I received all 3 boxes on 5/10.I found zilch in the 2 boxes ordered on 5/3,but i did find 1 rev.07 in the box of 5 that was orered on 5/5.All 3 boxes looked like they where pilphered thru.Coins where not secure in the box,they where all over the place loose.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone gotten 07/08s from any shipments after 5-3-08?? >>

I'll know very soon.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ten for Ten!
    I will come up with a format for the giveaway and post very soon. What you do with the Reverse of 2007 (if won or found) is up to you!

Miles >>

It's official. You suck.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ten for Ten!

Miles >>

It's official. You suck. >>

Thanks..I guess!

Miles
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    171 auctions
    -69 44/171 25.7%
    -70 29/171 17.0
    Other 98/171 57.3

edit corrected a number
  • Options
    One of my 3 small orders (5/4/5) has been given to DHL for snail mail delivery (order 5/8)....We'll see if there are any left. The other orders were 5/9 and 5/10 so they should follow soon
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I also have one order for 5/8 on the way snails pace and one order of 12 on 5/10 which should be here before the order for 6.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I'll report in soon as well, have several small orders on the way, the last 3 orders of 10 each from April 30th yielded 9/10, 1/10 and 2/10, and 1 order of 10 from 5/1 yielded 2/12. Gonna help out quite a bit between baby formula and the gas I figure I'll break even...image
  • Options
    DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭
    I have 3 coming orders also.

5/6 - 4 pcs mailed today

5/8 - 4 pcs mailed today

5/8 - 12 pcs in process....

Both 5/8 orders were first listed as "backordered" with an expected mailing date of 5/24 but they quickly went to status of "in stock and reserved"
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

next year the mint will announce a special commemorative release limited production of 500k 08/07 ASE W for $25.95

gotta keep all those collector's happy!!!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone gotten 07/08s from any shipments after 5-3-08?? >>

Yes. I ordered 4 on 5/3 which were shipped on 5/8 and recieved 3/4

Ordered 4 more on 5/8 which were shipped on 5/10 and received 0/4 (no 07 revs)
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I saw lots of "almost reverse proofs", but I am not playing around with these due to no Mintage Cap for ASE Burnished.

These Coins were Ordered 05-04 thru 05-08-2008 arrived this morning and yesterday:

Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 100 units - 0/100
    Ordered 14 units - 0/14
    Ordered 15 units - 0/15
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30

Packing them up for shippment back.

I'm done trying to find them from the Mint.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw lots of "almost reverse proofs", but I am not playing around with these due to no Mintage Cap for ASE Burnished.

These Coins were Ordered 05-04 thru 05-08-2008 arrived this morning and yesterday:

Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 14 units - 0/14
    Ordered 15 units - 0/15
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30

I'm done trying to find them from the Mint. >>

How about finding a Cheerios Sacagawea in circulation? I will pay handsomely for an AU58
  • Options

<< <i>I saw lots of "almost reverse proofs", but I am not playing around with these due to no Mintage Cap for ASE Burnished.

Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 14 units - 0/14
    Ordered 15 units - 0/15
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30

Were they all flawed or are just abusing the US Mint return policy??
  • Options
    Were they all flawed or are just abusing the US Mint return policy??

I call it "taking full and unequivocal advantage of Market inefficiencies." image
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Just out of mere curiosity, I called Gainesville Coins. All they have in their inventory for the '08/'07 W SAE is NGC 70's brown label for $475 at this time. They say they may get more in on Wednesday or Thursday but not sure of what they may be at this time. He also didn't know pricing as these are volatile in nature.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    how does one translate the "Tracking number(s)" given by the Mint into a DHL Trackable number?..

i placed an order on 03 May, 2008..
    the Mint charged me, and shipped them on 08 May, 2007, and sent me an email with the following two numbers:

Tracking ID

2956293583532xxxx
    910210549961520978xxxx

(the "x"s are just my blocking the last four numbers)..

on my Mint account's order history page, it only shows the second "9xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" number followed by "Parcel post -1"

I punched that number into the USPS' site and it tells me:

Current Track & Confirm e-mail information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 0210 5499 6152 0978 xxxx

Service Type: Delivery Confirmation - Package Services/Standard Parcels

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arrived Shipping Partner Facility HEBRON KY 41048
    05/09/08 9:04am
    Arrived Shipping
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so that third number is some mutation of the Mint's 9xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx number..

what is the 2956xxxxxxxxxxxxx number?..

now someone else posted something about "if you remove the leading letter you can punch it into dhl.com and find out where it really is" or words to that effect.. but there IS no leading letter.. all of these numbers are.. uh.. nothing but numbers.. and DHL.com doesn't recognize any of them - "Invalid Tracking number" it barfs back at me..

so all i know is the Mint shipped it, and it arrived in Kentucky four days ago and after that.. who knows where it is..

this is not a Registered Mail order, it's not an Expedited shipping order, it's an El Cheapo [tm] order for two coins..

is there some way to manipulate those numbers to get status information out of DHL.. or do i just sit and wait?.. because all i can figure out is that it's somewhere between Kentucky and So. Calif. i left my rocket scientist degree in my other party dress..

Thanks
    Harv
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    go here and put in the whole parcel post number.........http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp
  • Options
    I just click on the number from the mints order page and then copy the number on the page that pops up and then i paste it into DHL's tracking system.
  • Options
    nothing i try on the dhl.com page two postings above this works..
    all three different numbers copied and pasted from the Mint's order Tracking page, OR their email, OR the number i get from the USPS site when i click the number on the Mint's order history page result in DHL telling me:

The following Tracking Number(s) are not valid:
    # 910210549961520978xxxx
    and the same message for the other two numbers..

whether i try them with spaces, without spaces, one at a time, all three at once, or any combination you can think of..
    i'm just gonna take a chill pill and give up.. either the mailman brings the package, or he doesn't.. probably normal 2008-W coins in it anyway and i'm getting myself all prepared for a nice let-down.. or i'll go to whatever gubmint agency is in charge of names and change my name to "Miles"..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 50 units - 0/50
    Ordered 14 units - 0/14
    Ordered 15 units - 0/15
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30
    Ordered 30 units - 0/30

Shoulda made smaller orders Coinboy...seems to be the secret to success!
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    I just dropped the "H" off the number on my order shipped today and it worked fine...
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    hrlaser,

On the mint site, on your track order page, you should have something like this....

Tracking Number(s):
    H8946953xxxx PARCEL POST-1

If you do, just copy and paste this H8946953xxxx on the dhl site I gave you......good luck
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    The steps are as follows:
    [1] Click on the link provided by the mint on their tracking page.
    [2] This will direct you to the USPS site (which will give you a message saying "no info - etc"
    [3] This same USPS page will also have an alphanumeric Hddddddddddd (where d are a few digits.)
    [4] Highlight and copy only the digits and put them in the DHL tracking page.
    [5] Status - Voila! (pardon my french)
  • Options

<< <i>hrlaser,

On the mint site, on your track order page, you should have something like this....

Tracking Number(s):

If you do, just copy and paste this H8946953xxxx on the dhl site I gave you......good luck >>

my Tracking number starts with a "9".. there's no leading "H" or any other letter.. apparently that's why it's not working on DHL's Tracking page.. so i thought i'd try to outsmart it and ADD an "H" in front of the 9.. that didn't work either and a huge Monty Python foot came out of the sky and squished me for bein' a wise-guy..

Thanks
    Harv
    or i guess in this case..
    arv
    or, hopefully, Miles V2.0

• Options
    O K so here's the deal .

I ordered 3 on 5/5/08 , they ship on 5/8/08 ...........

Just were delivered , 1st one BINGO !!

Next 2 08/08 .............1 out of 3 is O K by me.................

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options

<< <i>nothing i try on the dhl.com page two postings above this works..
    all three different numbers copied and pasted from the Mint's order Tracking page, OR their email, OR the number i get from the USPS site when i click the number on the Mint's order history page result in DHL telling me:

The following Tracking Number(s) are not valid:
    # 910210549961520978xxxx
    and the same message for the other two numbers..

whether i try them with spaces, without spaces, one at a time, all three at once, or any combination you can think of..
    i'm just gonna take a chill pill and give up.. either the mailman brings the package, or he doesn't.. probably normal 2008-W coins in it anyway and i'm getting myself all prepared for a nice let-down.. or i'll go to whatever gubmint agency is in charge of names and change my name to "Miles"..

image >>

Go for it!! There is no copyright and it may work the Mojo.
    I wish you the best of luck!

Miles
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>hrlaser,

Tracking Number(s):

If you do, just copy and paste this H8946953xxxx on the dhl site I gave you......good luck >>

my Tracking number starts with a "9".. there's no leading "H" or any other letter.. apparently that's why it's not working on DHL's Tracking page.. so i thought i'd try to outsmart it and ADD an "H" in front of the 9.. that didn't work either and a huge Monty Python foot came out of the sky and squished me for bein' a wise-guy..

Thanks
    Harv
    or i guess in this case..
    arv
    or, hopefully, Miles V2.0

image >>

Try the Fedex site, it looks like a Fedex tracking number.....
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>next year the mint will announce a special commemorative release limited production of 500k 08/07 ASE W for $25.95

gotta keep all those collector's happy!!! >>

TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    1900 image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file