Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    My order of 8 XA2 sets went "in stock and reserved" with cancel button gone.
    Charge is pending.

No show yet on Fedex.

Hope I get them this week.

Joe
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
    The Mint has pulled the Proof ASE's from the page. I wonder if this is for repricing?
    Does this mean that they will pull the W-ASE and the sets to reprice also?
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    The Mint has pulled the Proof ASE's from the page. I wonder if this is for repricing?

"Product Is Not Available" - Is there a mintage limit on these? If so, has it already been reached?
    Could they actually be LOWERING the price? . . . NAH!

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!

• First I've heard of that, and BTW John Nanney you still suck...............image
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    the coins are priced at 47k mintage estimate, not the extant coins available

certainly, pricing can be manipulated somewhat by an avalanche of coins hitting ebay at once, but that already happened with these and they held the 4-500 raw pricing pretty well
    same here, cancel box gone

who's to be the first to report any findings of 08/07's in these sets?????????
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Ok, somebody explain this to me, what am I missing? Raw 08/07 for $265 Buyitnow

Going thru a nasty divorce & trying to unload before the X gets her grubby little paws on them? image
    (Fodder from another thread). image

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    My cancel box gone also. No shipping info yet. Maybe in the morning.
  • DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭

I hear 8's are suppose to be lucky.... I hope I get an 07 in the mix.... Now that would be lucky...

Order Date: 08/08/2008 at 08:08 PM

In stock and reserved.... cancel box gone
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tension building on these xa2's... C'mon you East Coasters, gotta be some ship dates out there somewhere. I'm WAY west, always the last to get 'em...fess up!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    Hey, DuPapa...that's pretty cool! Good order date...although I wonder if 08/07/08 would have been the particular lucky date for ordering...image

I ordered 10 sets, and mine also show In Stock and Reserved, no CC hit nor tracking info yet...will post what I get (I will be removing the shrink wrap).

ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Ok, somebody explain this to me, what am I missing? Raw 08/07 for $265 Buyitnow >>

I emailed the seller because he had listed another without the buy-it-now feature and asked him if he wanted to make it a buy-it-now like

his last listing...he replied that the other listing was a mistake, the buyer and he agreed not to complete the transaction (he meant to list it

for $465 and inadvertantly put it at $265) So, what I thought was another chance at a bargain turned out to be a re-listing and an open

auction at that. Oh well, it was worth a shot! or at least a glass of

imageimage
    ....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles

• << <i> I emailed the seller because he had listed another without the buy-it-now feature and asked him if he wanted to make it a buy-it-now like his last listing...he replied that the other listing was a mistake, the buyer and he agreed not to complete the transaction (he meant to list it for $465 and inadvertantly put it at $265) >>

I wonder how this would haved played-out if the buyer would have held the seller to his BIN price? After all, once you press the "button" you've entered into a legal committment to purchase the item. Should it also not hold true for the seller? image
    What's going on with the 25% off by microsoft? I understand people have not been getting paid.

Tony, how about you, have you been paid for all the deals you made?
    My presidential sets have been hit on my credit card but the money has not been taken out as of yet but they have changed from on hold to in process. Should be getting them this week hopefully. I will get delivery after some folks because I live in New Mexico so I guess the results will come from the east coast first.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Ok, somebody explain this to me, what am I missing? Raw 08/07 for $265 Buyitnow >>

I emailed the seller because he had listed another without the buy-it-now feature and asked him if he wanted to make it a buy-it-now like

his last listing...he replied that the other listing was a mistake >>

thought so.. said so, among other possible reasons.. (scroll back..) .. he's lucky the buyer didn't hold him to it.. who was it who said "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is"?..

Harv
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
    Cashback does not get refunded to the buyer for 60 days after the transaction -- I still have a month to wait for my trials.

No big loss, my purchases were good deals to start with, but a rebate will be very sweet!

Tony was in earlier on this -- maybe his are coming up.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I emailed the seller because he had listed another without the buy-it-now feature and asked him if he wanted to make it a buy-it-now like his last listing...he replied that the other listing was a mistake, the buyer and he agreed not to complete the transaction (he meant to list it for $465 and inadvertantly put it at $265) >>

I wonder how this would haved played-out if the buyer would have held the seller to his BIN price? After all, once you press the "button" you've entered into a legal committment to purchase the item. Should it also not hold true for the seller? image >>

Legal in whose eyes; the law's or eBay's?
    theknowitalltroll;
    I would have used it but could never figure out how to use it and ended up paying the full price for what I bought.
  • I want to know if anyone has found a reverse 07 that was slabbed by anyone prior to the "discovery" .... thanks image
    ....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles
  • >

<< <i>I want to know if anyone has found a reverse 07 that was slabbed by anyone prior to the "discovery" .... thanks image >>

<

Good question.I also would be curious.
  • My orders for the 2008 Annual Dollar Set shipped today. It will be interesting to see if any are the 2007 reverse. My 1st order was placed at 12 noon on the 1st day. Then again I just may keep um unopened and see if anyone finds any.
    Mine went in at 12:02 so I should be getting them too but the mint doesn't show shipped.

• << <i>My presidential sets have been hit on my credit card but the money has not been taken out as of yet but they have changed from on hold to in process. Should be getting them this week hopefully. I will get delivery after some folks because I live in New Mexico so I guess the results will come from the east coast first. >>

You will get them soon, just got mine yesterday!
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My presidential sets have been hit on my credit card but the money has not been taken out as of yet but they have changed from on hold to in process. Should be getting them this week hopefully. I will get delivery after some folks because I live in New Mexico so I guess the results will come from the east coast first. >>

You will get them soon, just got mine yesterday! >>

Well, Open em' up and let us know what ya got....How many did you order?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>My presidential sets have been hit on my credit card but the money has not been taken out as of yet but they have changed from on hold to in process. Should be getting them this week hopefully. I will get delivery after some folks because I live in New Mexico so I guess the results will come from the east coast first. >>

You will get them soon, just got mine yesterday! >>

Well, Open em' up and let us know what ya got....How many did you order? >>

only 4 and not one in the bunch oh well they still look good to me I should have ordered moreimage
    I'm glad . Maybe there won't be any in these sets. Then watch the price go crazy.
  • OK so count is 0 for 4.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Things will really go crazy if/when these are discovered...image
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I REALLY hope there are none in this set....then we should see the true potential of this coin. image

-Paul
    get ready to order big if they are found in these sets

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to steam open one of the 2008 Unc Dollar sets and put an 08/07 in it, take a bunch of pictures, and sell it in the BST forum for $10,000. image
    You had better be by the computer when and if any are found as it will be an instant sellout. We are the fortunate ones on the forum as we will be among the first to know.
    So --- who will admit it then?????

<if the 08/07 is found in a set>

A true test of dedication to the forumoids -- or the biggest BS'er...
    I have 20 of them coming so if I get any I will order 100 and let everyone else know on the board so they can get some. Hopefully most of the board members will do likewise.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we could set up a PM chain and those that have contributed the most (or most frequently image) to this thread be the first to know from the "discoverer" How annoying would that be?!?!?!

I looked at a 2007 set, those buggers are sealed tigher than a toads tookus, it would be hard to insert an 08/07 without obvious damage. That is unless someone really wanted to boost US Mint orders of this item to stir up A LOT of dust. I doubt there will be any found, but I am guessing that someone will claim to have discovered one setting off a frenzy.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a website where I can find out who has the mosts posts in this thread ?

pssst, it's a rhetorical question.

Pitboss, you da man.

If these are found (and I still contend they will not), they will likely be lumped somewhere in the stacks.

Seems like a better ploy is scatter ordering rather than bulk.

Worked well with the original coins.

<< <i>Is there a website where I can find out who has the mosts posts in this thread ?

pssst, it's a rhetorical question. >>

Frequency of Posting = <does not equal sign> = Elevated Status

...rhetorical answer...
    My orders are 2 days apart. The first one on Thursday at 12:02 and the second one 3 days later. 10 each time
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EGO will make whom ever finds a 08REV07 in the dollars sets spill the beans!imageimage

I ordered some dollar sets around the same time as pitboss. If I find any 08REV07 in the sets I will post it here.

• << <i>So --- who will admit it then?????

<if the 08/07 is found in a set>

A true test of dedication to the forumoids -- or the biggest BS'er... >>

Hey I was the first to anounce that they were still avail after the discovery, I do hope I get a PM if they are in the sets. I should have kept my mouth shut but the board has given me so much I felt I had to announce that they were still avail, I got some of them so I was happy.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Hey I was the first to anounce that they were still avail after the discovery, I do hope I get a PM if they are in the sets. I should have kept my mouth shut but the board has given me so much I felt I had to announce that they were still avail, I got some of them so I was happy. >>

Well, that's the way the board has been for years, it seems....now, a few folks really get greedy, score, and then it is all about secrecy to let them score even more.
    I won't say the words I am thinking that would describe folks like that......

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Ah, so there is honor amongst the thieves...

Indeed. I'm IN. Ordered several lots over several days.

Keeper of the gate, who shall be ? (voice by Yoda) I nominate Lope -- trustee of the FOIA.
  • 6Sigma6Sigma Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Only ordered five Dollar sets on Saturday, but I will most certainly report the findings when they arrive.

Also have a box of (5) 2008 ASE that should arive any day. Am holding out a very slight hope that the unaccounted for quantity may still reside in some of those boxes. Granted, its an outside chance, but those ASE's have to be somewhere if the count is accurate.
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hey I was the first to anounce that they were still avail after the discovery, I do hope I get a PM if they are in the sets. I should have kept my mouth shut but the board has given me so much I felt I had to announce that they were still avail, I got some of them so I was happy. >>

Well, that's the way the board has been for years, it seems....now, a few folks really get greedy, score, and then it is all about secrecy to let them score even more.
    I won't say the words I am thinking that would describe folks like that...... >>

Although I bought a PCGS First Strike 70 reverse for $399.00 when they were first discovered and then some made fun of me when I bought 5 PCGS first strike 69's off of Coin Shoppe CNBC for $259.00 and resold I did that for my sets of ASE's I have collected since 1986.

It's a funny thing that really cracks me up, as I need to chase certain coins to fill my sets it seems to me the mint will make a back door closed meeting for another foul up to keep this coin hobby going.

Some of you guys know damn well that this is a major money game for the United States Mint then it trickles down to the coin collector. I don't see any coins coming out into the ASE sets that you guys are buying, but if it does, boy or boy how much money is the mint going to make off of this cat chase. It seems they are doing ok right now.

Good luck collectors, good luck, take a minute on how much time your spending chasing this variety thingy and then sit back and think of what error is next.
  • HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    The US Mint and Las Vegas have alot in common ..... Pay the price and take your chances !! A very clever marketing ploy for getting rid of tons of coins !! The Mint makes all the $$$ from cranking out the coins to retailing those precious gems !!!! Have a great day collecting coins !!
    Specialized Investments
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    2008 ANNUAL UNCIRCULATED DOLLAR COIN SET

Mint is shipping !!!!!

Sets will be in hand by 10:30 AM EST

• Hmmmmm..Someone could take a picture of the 08 dollar set obverse (surrounded by the pres's) and a 07 dollar set reverse (in packaging) and ... Voila! Chaos....Nah..no one would do that image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file